Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,607 members, 7,801,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances (6543 Views)

OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! / APC In Panic Mode Because Agbaje Will Win In Lagos – Fani- Kayode / “buhari Will Die In Office, Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos Guber Election” – Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
It is no more news that ibos have ditched their own son, Bob Okoroji of APGA, in favour of Jimi Agbaje of PDP despite the fact that they did not get the much coveted deputy governorship slot.

It's ok by me. It's all part of democracy.

However, I make bold to say that this open/glaring show of support for Jimi Agbaje by the ibo community in Lagos will be his(Jimi Agbaje's) undoing in the forthcoming elections.
If I were him, I'll caution the ibos against so doing.
The reason is that, he now looks like an ibo candidate set to dance to the whims and caprices of the ibo community who will claim to have been responsible for his victory should he emerge the winner at the polls albeit by general support.

Also, their support for Jimi Agbaje is premised on nothing else than his promising them of more political appointments in Lagos than the current APC government has given them.
Doesn't that show greed, selfishness and ingratitude on the part of the ibos? When you give ibos an inch, they ask for a yard.
Why are other tribes not openly declaring support for a candidate?

Tinubu had to create a ministry from the blue just so that an Igbo man could be made commissioner. How many more of such 'ministries' will Jimi Agbaje have to create just to please the ibos and not offend the Yorubas?

Is there any way Jimi Agbaje will give ibos more political appointments without legitimate Yorubas having to lose ground/positions?

Is that fair?

Personally, I have nothing against Jimi Agbaje and he looks like a more serious and better candidate than Ambode. Ambode can't just stop smiling unnecessarily. It pisses me off!

However, with the way ibos are carrying Jimi Agbaje on their head just because of their selfish interest, I have no choice but to throw my weight behind Akin Ambode of APC if not for anything but to prove to ibos that their '90%' population in Lagos will neither be able to give them any elective position in Lagos or decide who wins any election for that matter.

This is the feeling among majority of Yorubas and it's the reason most of them will vote for APC.
Take it or leave it.

Serving ibos the humble pie every now and then is a task that must be done!!
In Lagos, APC win! Ambode wins!! By God's grace. Amen.

Cheers.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by asadike(f): 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nwokem go and sit down jor and leave ndigbo to do their own tin. What can we ever do to please you guys e kwa?

25 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by sankky: 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
Atavistic tribalistic rant again. here we go back to the dark ages again with unnecessary hatred for another tribe for no just course.
Had Igbos supported their own son in Lagos, u would have still hated them for trying to hi-jack Lagos. Now most Igbos being realistic, are supporting Agbaje [just like a lot of other non-indigenous tribes in Lagos and u still chose to display Igbo hatred while leaving out the others.
I think this goes beyond mere politics, bro ! You dont belong to this generation.

Meanwhile, LP all the way in Abia state.
They cant buy our votes with money anymore. Not to APGA & PDP elitist govts

18 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by adaweezy(m): 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
'We would create an enabling Environment for Obinna, Uphold the well being of Yewande and protect Abdullahi'
Akin Ambode

11 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by motherlode: 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
Thank you! Lagos is no man's land? Who told you undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by motherlode: 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
adaweezy:
'We would create an enabling Environment for Obinna, Uphold the well being of Yewande and protect Abdullahi'
Akin Ambode
hehehe cheesy obinna, yewande and abdullahi where are you? Let us vote Akinwunmi Ambode.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Alphaoscar: 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
I am even happy to read about that open declaration by the Ibos and I can tell you that they just buried Agbaje's Governorship dream.

The little patronage they may be enjoying under APC will be taken over by the more sensible groups like the Arewas, binis, Tivs and others.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by motherlode: 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
The meaning of JIMI, chai " omo yi Jimi gan o "
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
God bless youu Op.

Like we promised,the battles will be waged on all fronts.Awolowo's children have taken up the gauntlet.

God Bless Oodua Nation.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by MayorofLagos(m): 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
Agbaje said if Jonathan loses the election they will bring military out to disrupt the economy.

Is this an electable governor?

11 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 10:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
sankky:
Atavistic tribalistic rant again. here we go back to the dark ages again with unnecessary hatred for another tribe for no just course.
Had Igbos supported their own son in Lagos, u would have still hated them for trying to hi-jack Lagos. Now most Igbos being realistic, are supporting Agbaje [just like a lot of other non-indigenous tribes in Lagos and u still chose to display Igbo hatred while leaving out the others.
I think this goes beyond mere politics, bro !

Come on, you guys know in your hearts that the APGA candidate is a non-starter. Also, ibos are afraid that their true electoral value will be guaged and their true population in Lagos ascertained if they dared support the APGA ibo guy.
So, it wasn't out of love or respect for Yorubas that you dumped him
That was why you were even covetting the PDP deputy governorship slot which eventually eluded you.

We Yorubas are still angry with Lagos APC(Tinubu) for daring to give ibos political appointments in the state especially that commissioner position(though an appendage of the ministry of finance) and Lagos APC spokesman position.
Now that is not even enough for you, you want someone who promises you more appointments just to get your vote.
And you think we Yorubas will open our eyes and let that happen?

No way! LASG and APC have done enough for ibos in Lagos.
No more!!

9 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
VirginFinder:
It is no more news that ibos have ditched their own son, Bob Okoroji of APGA, in favour Jimi Agbaje of PDP despite the fact that the ydid not get the much coveted deputy governorship slot.

It's ok by me. It's all part of democracy.

However, I make bold to say that this open/glaring show of support for Jimi Agbaje by the ibo community in Lagos will be his(Jimi Agbaje's) undoing in the forthcoming elections.
If I were him, I'll caution the ibos against so doing.
The reason is that, he now looks like an ibo candidate set to dance to the whims and caprices of the ibo community who will claim to have been responsible for his victory should he emerge the winner at the polls albeit by general support.

Personally, I have nothing against Jimi Agbaje and he looks like a more serious and better candidate than Ambode. Ambode can't just stop smiling unnecessarily. It pisses me off!

However, with the way ibos are carrying Jimi Agbaje on their head, I have no choice but to throw my weight behind Akin Ambode of APC if not for anything but to prove to ibos that their '90%' population in Lagos will neither be able to give them any elective position in Lagos or decide who wins any election for that matter.

This is the feeling among majority of Yorubas and it's the reason most of them will vote for APC.
Take it or leave it.

Serving ibos the humble pie every now and then is a task that must be done!!
In Lagos, APC win! Ambode wins!! By God's grace. Amen.

Cheers.
I for like see your face as you dey type this nonsense. What is it with this obsession with the igbos. so they are no longer free to vote the candidate of their choice just so that they may not offend the yorubas their "benefactor". If agbaje will protect the interest of the igbos, I guess their is nothing you and your types can do about it. finally, leave igbos alone............. they are not interested in being the governor of Lagos state.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

Come on, you guys know in your hearts that the APGA candidate is a non-starter. Also, ibos are afraid that their true electoral value will be guaged and their true population in Lagos ascertained if they dared support the APGA ibo guy.
So, it wasn't out of love or respect for Yorubas that you dumped him
That was why you were even covetting the PDP deputy governorship slot which eventually eluded you.

We Yorubas are still angry with Lagos APC(Tinubu) for daring to give ibos political appointments in the state especially that commissioner position(though an appendage of the ministry of finance) and Lagos APC spokesman position.
Now that is not even enough for you, you want someone who promises you more appointments just to get your vote.
And you think we Yorubas will open our eyes and let that happen?

No way! LASG and APC have done enough for ibos in Lagos.
No more!!
YOU ARE TRUELY A BASTARD FOR INSULTING THE IGBOS. I BELIEVE THAT ON YOUR STREET YOU HAVE ONE OR TWO IGBOS YOU'RE BENEFITING FROM. JOBLESS FOOL.

IF YOU WERE CLOSE TO ME I WILL SLAP YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

IS IT BY FORCE TO VOTE FOR A MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD PARTY CALLED APC?

ALL NONE INDIGENS IN LAGOS WILL VOTE JIMI AGBAJE AND HE MUST WIN Q.E.D.

HOWEVER, YOU ARE FREE TO LEAVE LAGOS AND RETURN AFTER 8YEARS OF AGBAJES REIGN.

VOTE JIMI AGBAJE 4LAGOS.
VOTE PDP.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by nwabekeyi101: 2:50am On Jan 26, 2015
[s]
masterpower:

YOU ARE TRUELY A BASTARD FOR INSULTING THE IGBOS. I BELIEVE THAT ON YOUR STREET YOU HAVE ONE OR TWO IGBOS YOU'RE BENEFITING FROM. JOBLESS FOOL.

IF YOU WERE CLOSE TO ME I WILL SLAP YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

VOTE JIMI AGBAJE 4LAGOS.
VOTE PDP.
[/s]

Emmy the PH tout. Shameless fool

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
masterpower:

VOTE JIM

You are a dullard!
Jimi Agbaje is set to lose because of open support by the ibos.
Don't you get?
All the non-indigenes/non-Yorubas in Lagos cant stop him from losing.
That's why I am creating this awareness so that neutral Yorubas can understand that Jimi Agbaje is an ibo candidate and he is set to serve their interest to the detriment of we Yorubas.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by mgbeketoto: 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
So they should have a SECRET SUPPORT? grin
No wonder FASHOLA THE PEDO-PHILUS kept deporting them! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Zenimart:
I for like see your face as you dey type this nonsense. What is it with this obsession with the igbos. so they are no longer free to vote the candidate of their choice just so that they may not offend the yorubas their "benefactor". If agbaje will protect the interest of the igbos, I guess their is nothing you and your types can do about it. finally, leave igbos alone............. they are not interested in being the governor of Lagos state.

ibos are supposed to be neutral, indifferent or on both sides. But by taking sides with someone who is promising you more than what the APC LASG has given you so far, you come around as ingrates, selfish and greedy.
Hence, the need for all Yorubas to rally round Ambode, the Yoruba candidate, to keep you ibos in check.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by tonychristopher: 1:19am On Jan 27, 2015
VirginFinder:

ibos are supposed to be neutral, indifferent or on both sides. But by taking sides with someone who is promising you more than what the APC LASG has given you so far, you come around as ingrates, selfish and greedy.
Hence, the need for all Yorubas to rally round Ambode, the Yoruba candidate, to keep you ibos in check.

Let us watch and see ...I will remind you this

Your an idiot for calling us ingrates

Did you give us anything free that we should be appreciative

Coward leave your region and try the uncharted waters and know if you will last a year

PDP will get Lagos

8 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by tonychristopher: 1:21am On Jan 27, 2015
mgbeketoto:
So they should have a SECRET SUPPORT? grin
No wonder FASHOLA THE PEDO-PHILUS kept deporting TH m! cheesy

And he keeps apologizing

Monkey

7 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by nationwide1(m): 1:26am On Jan 27, 2015
asadike:
Nwokem go and sit down jor and leave ndigbo to do their own tin. What can we ever do to please you guys e kwa?
No mind am. The op is intellectually pale. Won't the Yoruba open support for Buhari ruin Buhari's chances?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by whitecat2: 2:52am On Jan 27, 2015
True that!
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by whitecat2: 3:04am On Jan 27, 2015
What can we do to spread the word around? Lagosians must have this info!
Alphaoscar:
I am even happy to read about that open declaration by the Ibos and I can tell you that they just buried Agbaje's Governorship dream.

The little patronage they may be enjoying under APC will be taken over by the more sensible groups like the Arewas, binis, Tivs and others.
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Ikengawo: 3:06am On Jan 27, 2015
Here you yoruba people go again advising Igbo people. Somebody is about to rule your house and you're giving them advise on how to keep the AC from breaking.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by naijaking1: 3:16am On Jan 27, 2015
If Igbos have 45-50% of Lagos population, what's the arguement again
An Igbo, or at least someone they support (for now) will always be victorious in any unrigged election.
Time is long gone when Yorubas call 100% shots in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by Nobody: 5:16am On Jan 27, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Agbaje said if Jonathan loses the election they will bring military out to disrupt the economy.

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by focus7: 5:27am On Jan 27, 2015
That the igbos ditched their own is not new and not a surprise, those that follows my posts will remember I said that one of the reason the igbos can never produce a president for this country is that it is in record that igbos does not support their own to fulfil a political ambition to a higher position, they prefers to be appointed into kitchen cabinet than to be at the fore front vying for a higher office. If another man from a different tribe vie for a governorship seat in any of the eastern states against other igbo indegene contestants that man will still win in that land. One thing with the igbos is that they don't trust the ability of their own to lead, they once followed Fulani and a Yoruba candidates and now an Ijaw man all at the expense of their own. I hail igbos, igbo kwenu.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by BlackTechnology: 5:45am On Jan 27, 2015
focus7:
That the igbos ditched their own is not new and not a surprise, those that follows my posts will remember I said that one of the reason the igbos can never produce a president for this country is that it is in record that igbos does not support their own to fulfil a political ambition to a higher position, they prefers to be appointed into kitchen cabinet than to be at the fore front vying for a higher office. If another man from a different tribe vie for a governorship seat in any of the eastern states against other igbo indegene contestants that man will still win in that land. One thing with the igbos is that they don't trust the ability of their own to lead, they once followed Fulani and a Yoruba candidates and now an Ijaw man all at the expense of their own. I hail igbos, igbo kwenu.

Illiteracy of the highest order undecided

If Igbos pitched their tents with Agbaje, it is because of APC anti Igbo/business/GEJ stand. cool

APC have themselves to blame for rolling out programs that are not people friendly especially programs that make us wonder why some hypocritical tribes fought for one Nigeria. grin

Thank you

Now

APC e-thugs go back to bed grin

7 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by BlackTechnology: 5:48am On Jan 27, 2015
focus7:

VirginFinder:

I
MayorofLagos:

ll
Alcatraz001:
God bless youu Op.

Like we promised,the battles will be waged on all fronts.Awolowo's children have taken up the gauntlet.

God Bless Oodua Nation.
iter
adaweezy:
Akin Ambode

Illiteracy of the highest order undecided

If Igbos pitched their tents with Agbaje, it is because of APC anti Igbo/business/GEJ stand. cool

APC have themselves to blame for rolling out programs that are not people friendly especially programs that make us wonder why some hypocritical tribes fought for one Nigeria. grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 7:41am On Jan 27, 2015
naijaking1:
If Igbos have 45-50% of Lagos population, what's the arguement again
An Igbo, or at least someone they support (for now) will always be victorious in any unrigged election.
Time is long gone when Yorubas call 100% shots in Lagos.

'90%' ibo population in Lagos is useless if it cant favour an ibo candidate. Dont you think so?

When APC wins this time, they should just relieve ibos of the few political appointments they have given them so far.
ibos are greedy ingrates!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 7:44am On Jan 27, 2015
Ikengawo:
Here you yoruba people go again advising Igbo people. Somebody is about to rule your house and you're giving them advise on how to keep the AC from breaking.

Another semi-literate ibo Nairalander. And they always suffer from grand delusions.
Una boku for this NL, no be small.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by VirginFinder: 7:50am On Jan 27, 2015
tonychristopher:

Let us watch and see ...I will remind you this

Your an idiot for calling us ingrates

Did you give us anything free that we should be appreciative

Coward leave your region and try the uncharted waters and know if you will last a year

PDP will get Lagos

PDP will get Lagos in your dreams. That's ok by me.

Why should I leave my region for barren iboland when ibos in the enclave are looking for the slightest opportunity to leave?
That doesnt make sense!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances by ichidodo: 7:53am On Jan 27, 2015
Whosoever the igbos decide to pitch their tent with is none of your businness afterall some yorubas are aligned with Buhari and the hausa community with ambode yet nobody is advising them because that is the beauty of democracy and their fundamental civic rights as Nigerians..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Setup National Emergency Response System / Nnamdi Kanu Meets With Elders Of Ijaw Youths Council In Port Harcourt (photos) / Court Sacks Regina Daniels’ Husband Ned Nwoko, Withdrew Certificate Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.