Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo (53199 Views)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Buhari Vs Jonathan:beyond the election,by Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by wo1F(m): 10:38am On Jan 26, 2015
PDP folks are crying foul over Soludo's piece.
APC guys are dancing cos they think it indicted GEJ.

My people have comprehension issues.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by nellyjohn: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2015
idrisbello:
*******It hurts them you ended their subsidy fraud******** **You sold off NEPA and ended their fraudulent NEPA contracts. **You removed ghost workers from civil service and reduce their wealth. **You refused to renew their oil blocks license they shared among themselves. **You handed NPA verification to a third party and eliminated port frauds. **It hurts them you stopped the bootlegging in fertilizer distribution. **You hurt them by making sure they don't hoard petroleum product and Nigerians will sleep at filling stations while they make astronomical profits. **You pinched them where it hurts most by making sure elections are free and fair & they can't impose their candidates on us. **You hurt the cabal by looking into their face and telling them no sir. **We know Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas & co. don't love Nigeria more than us.***you restored rail system that gulp billlions of naira yearly, it hurts them *** You have made Nigeria proud with cars now produced in Nigeria up to 70% local content. Many car merchant and corruption in auto mobile industry stopped **We know GMB is a man of integrity and strict to what he believes. But we also know those pushing him have a hidden agenda. They have bullied you, lie against you, insulted you and make Nigeria insecure just to get back to business as usual. But I promise you sir, they will not bully our votes, we will go to the poll blindfolded for you. For their peace will be too costly!
If you love Nigeria please repost to all your contacts!
U re right my dear but Buhari is no man of integrity
GEJ all the way jor

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Boss13: 10:39am On Jan 26, 2015
oneeast:

Anambra has some of the best road networks in Nigeria courtesy of Ngige and Obi and now Obiano..

Laughs. I just left there and I saw the beautiful road networks. They were so beautiful, angels left heaven to come see them.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by anonimi: 10:40am On Jan 26, 2015
Please permit me to put your very salient post in a more reader-friendly format:

idrisbello:

*It hurts them you ended their subsidy fraud

*You sold off NEPA and ended their fraudulent NEPA contracts.

*You removed ghost workers from civil service and reduce their wealth.

*You refused to renew their oil blocks license they shared among themselves.

*You handed NPA verification to a third party and eliminated port frauds.

*It hurts them you stopped the bootlegging in fertilizer distribution.

*You hurt them by making sure they don't hoard petroleum product and Nigerians will sleep at filling stations while they make astronomical profits.

*You pinched them where it hurts most by making sure elections are free and fair & they can't impose their candidates on us.

*You hurt the cabal by looking into their face and telling them no sir.

*We know Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas & co. don't love Nigeria more than us.

*you restored rail system that gulp billlions of naira yearly, it hurts them

* You have made Nigeria proud with cars now produced in Nigeria up to 70% local content. Many car merchant and corruption in auto mobile industry stopped

*We know GMB is a man of integrity and strict to what he believes. But we also know those pushing him have a hidden agenda. They have bullied you, lie against you, insulted you and make Nigeria insecure just to get back to business as usual. But I promise you sir, they will not bully our votes, we will go to the poll blindfolded for you. For their peace will be too costly!

If you love Nigeria please repost to all your contacts!

Vote wisely!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by JUHABACH: 10:41am On Jan 26, 2015
this article was a serious eye-opener for me. thanks prof.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by angelsing(m): 10:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Immune1:
Not claiming to be an economist;but what i know for sure is that PLENTY MONEY IN THE BANK DOESN'T TRANSLATE TO BEING WEALTHY!!!

The pace of infrastructural development in Nigeria during GEJ'S tenure is highly remarkable and naturally it will take time for one to quantify the gains or start seeing the ripple effect of investing in infrastructure.

SOLUDO A DISSAPOINTMENT......JUST TOLD ONE SIDE OF THE STORY TO VALIDATE THE 'ASSUMED SUCCESS' OF HIS TENURE. I wont be surprised if this is a grand pitch for a position in Buhari's cabinet should in case he wins......Nigerians have grown wiser.....go and lick your wounds and leave GEJ alone!!!!
Typical GEJ fan going after the messenger rather than the message...He quoted figures to buttress his point why don't u do same rather than go after Soludo because he pointed out the ineptitude of this administration.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by mapist(m): 10:45am On Jan 26, 2015
saintiago1980:
Nigeria should be happy that God gave them a good president like GEJ the who vision transparent the who have change in this country.

Afta reading dat lengthy piece,u stl went ahead nd wrote dis.na wa o..do u find t hard to process information?smh..no wonder Soludo said t dat,pple wud vote Jona based on self interest or fear of d unknown and not achievements..smh..

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by XKZ(m): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2015
Tomoarika:

The UK Conservative Party’s manifesto for the last election proudly announced that all its programmes were fully costed and were therefore implementable.
Neither APC nor PDP can make a similar claim. A plan without the dollar or Naira signs to it is nothing but a wish-list.
They are not telling us how much each of their promises will cost and where they will get the money.

No matter who we vote, the next 4 years looks bleak.
This is a strong indictment on Nigerians. We put ourselves in this position by promoting politicians based on sentiments and "stomach infrastructure".
What's really sad is that we are not learning from our mistakes.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Forwetinnah: 10:48am On Jan 26, 2015
centmichael101:
All this big lie Lie, jst because u are about 2 lose ur oil well licence,tell OBJ make him no dey vex jst because ota farm no go sell up 15% of it stock cos order farmer's are now on board..

Some political elites of the North and West are the most greedy/corrupt criminals ever. I'm beginning to understand why OBJ is fighting GEJ. I just don't understand why old men who keep fighting the progress of this nation call themselves "progressives" it really gives another meaning to that word. To them, being progressive means monopoly. Everything for themselves and their kin..if the ND, where the most money is made from for the economy is this greedy; would they be fighting for the Presidency?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by angelsing(m): 10:48am On Jan 26, 2015
centmichael101:
All this big lie Lie, jst because u are about 2 lose ur oil well licence,tell OBJ make him no dey vex jst because ota farm no go sell up 15% of it stock cos order farmer's are now on board..
Seriously wat is this?...Smh!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Forwetinnah: 10:50am On Jan 26, 2015
angelsing:
Seriously wat is this?...Smh!

There's some truth in what he's saying. OBJ is one of the many principalities tormenting this Country..no jokes. See the way he handled Dangote's case because he's getting good settlement, same idea he passed unto GEJ but trust Ijaw man..he allowed Ibeto in at the end of the day

OBJ must allow other farmers grow...no be only him sabi farm!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by dallyemmy: 10:57am On Jan 26, 2015
...but losing international reserves at a time of boom... cry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by gists: 11:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Tomoarika:

I bet that you will only appreciate this article AFTER you leave office. Now that you are in power, truth will only hurt! Be assured that those of us who are prepared to die for Nigeria will never spare you or anyone else this bitter truth. Nigeria must survive and prosper beyond Buhari or Jonathan!

Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR, was former CBN
Governor.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/buhari-vs-jonathan-beyond-election-charles-soludo

After reading this rather long but truthful piece with such a great ending as highlighted above, I can only say the beautiful ones are here afterall. However, while I completely agree that APC should have done better at costing its promises, I tend to disagree a bit with Soludo concerning the economic theory by Osinbajo in which he (PYO) stated that the problem is not really availability of funds but that the problem is management. I must say I agree with PYO in because I believe Nigeria is not poor (the analogy by soludo of a man with N50000 income does not entirely fit). Even with reduced income from crude export as it presently, we can still get some basic things achieved.

The big spanner in the wheel of Nigerias development is corruption. Even though there is no nation in the world that is corruption-free, I am yet to see a truly developed country that has institutionalized corruption as we have in Nigeria today. Plug as much holes as possible, and there is a high chance that the country's income can fund many fundamental projects. No matter how you diversify the economy, no matter the amount of resource control we arrive at, corruption will kill any gain we ought to derive from such efforts. You cannot talk of job creation, electricity, medicare etc where corruption is endemic.

As far as I am concerned, economic development is important but unattainable if we leave corruption unchecked. How do we talk about economic development when like Soludo pointed out, we experienced the greatest boom, yet borrowed more while depleting the reserve along the way and falling exchange rate - all because of institutionalized corruption. This is why I voted GMB in 2011 (in addition to eradicating insurgents), thinking that by 2015 I will vote for someone else to develop the economy after taming corruption.

Nonetheless, this is a beautiful right-up by Soludo and I dove my cap for him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Mbediogu(m): 11:16am On Jan 26, 2015
There is nothing to add or subtract ass far as I am concerned. Soludo being whom he is (for those who know him) has said it all from a detached and disinterested point of view. I am surprised at his and depth of patriotism. The problem is that our leaders and those who aspire to lead us have very small ears, smaller brains and disproportionately large materialistic appetite! God save us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by fresh15: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2015
President Goodluck may not have delivered 100% in his first tenure due to so many attacks on his government.In this second tenure,I am sure that he will deliver 100%.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by gaby53: 11:27am On Jan 26, 2015
cry embarassed[quote author=Tomoarika post=30136840][/quote] Braco Prof.Soludo. Now how many voters would be able to read this and make leaned decisions. ...I cry cos 70% of naija voters didn't go to school.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Boss13: 11:27am On Jan 26, 2015
gists:

After reading this rather long but truthful piece with such a great ending as highlighted above, I can only say the beautiful ones are here afterall. However, while I completely agree that APC should have done better at costing its promises, I tend to disagree a bit with Soludo concerning the economic theory by Osinbajo in which he (PYO) stated that the problem is not really availability of funds but that the problem is management. I must say I agree with PYO in because I believe Nigeria is not poor (the analogy by soludo of a man with N50000 income does not entirely fit). Even with reduced income from crude export as it presently, we can still get some basic things achieved.

I beg to differ. Our main source of revenue is dwindling. Either we have a robust and efficient tax collection system to support the revenue base.

The big spanner in the wheel of Nigerias development is corruption. Even though there is no nation in the world that is corruption-free, I am yet to see a truly developed country that has institutionalized corruption as we have in Nigeria today. Plug as much holes as possible, and there is a high chance that the country's income can fund many fundamental projects. No matter how you diversify the economy, no matter the amount of resource control we arrive at, corruption will kill any gain we ought to derive from such efforts. You cannot talk of job creation, electricity, medicare etc where corruption is endemic.

Corruption does not stop economic development; if there was one anyway. Nigeria has no economic blueprint. If you stop corruption and waste money on unproductive infrastructures, you still get poverty. The problem is that in this country people are either thinking for their pockets or not thinking at all.

As far as I am concerned, economic development is important but unattainable if we leave corruption unchecked. How do we talk about economic development when like Soludo pointed out, we experienced the greatest boom, yet borrowed more while depleting the reserve along the way and falling exchange rate - all because of institutionalized corruption. This is why I voted GMB in 2011 (in addition to eradicating insurgents), thinking that by 2015 I will vote for someone else to develop the economy after taming corruption.

Here again you mention corruption, which I think is not correct. If your income is increasing and yet your are borrowing along side - what does it make you. It is either you are wasting your money on frivolous expenditures or you are clueless.

Nonetheless, this is a beautiful right-up by Soludo and I dove my cap for him. [/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Boss13: 11:29am On Jan 26, 2015
fresh15:
President Goodluck may not have delivered 100% in his first tenure due to so many attacks on his government.In this second tenure,I am sure that he will deliver 100%.

I don't think so. He has nothing to offer. Like Soludo said, he has surpass his predecessor in all achievements, only in the reversed order.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by dre11(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2015
Reading his submission (Soludo)
I have to say this man is 95% correct about what is happening

The economy is at its lowest eeb, and corruption has being elevated in high places just like the Shagari regime

Who can save us and some people still want me to vote for this present government that got us to this mess

I still remember when OBJ says will shall surely remember him and his regime about how he paddle the economy..... I never believe him until recently when I see how the economy is being miss managed and inflation index uping to 71%

Lastly this phrase of him got me thinking out of the whole bunch
First, beside the coterie of clowns who literally make
a living with the sing-song of transformation agenda, President Jonathan must know that it remains an empty slogan. His greatest challenge is how to save himself from the stranglehold of his largely provincial palace jesters who tell him he has done better than God, and seek out ‘enemies’ and friends who can help him write his name in history. Propaganda won’t do it.

Second, Jonathan must claw back his powers as President of Nigeria. He largely outsourced them, and must now roll his sleeves for a new beginning. I take liberty to tell you this brutal truth: if you are not re- elected, there is little to remember your regime after the next few years.

God bless Soludo..... This is Issue based debate.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by criminalmindz: 11:35am On Jan 26, 2015
I USED TO BE A DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF GMB BUT WHEN I WATCHED A VIDEO TITLED A MESSAGE FOR CHRISTIANS I REALIZED I WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE. MANY PEOPLE WILL INSULT ME AND ABUSE ME FOR WHAT I WANT TO SAY. YES I USED TO THINK GEJ IS CORRUPT AND CLUELESS AND FELT STRONGLY THAT GMB WILL FIGHT CORRUPTION AND BOKO HARAM BUT WHEN I SAW THE POLITICAL STRUCTURE OF THE APC , ALL AND ONLY MUSLIMS HOLDING STRATEGIC POSITIONS IN THE PARTY I WITHDREW MY SUPPORT FOR GMB . YES THIS ELECTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION THATS WHAT YOU WILL PROBABLY BE SAYING .ASK WHY DIDN'T THE APC GIVE STRATEGIC POSITION IN THE PARTY TO REGIONS LIKE THE EAST,SOUTH SOUTH . WHAT IS DIRECTOR OF CAMPAIGN AFTER ELECTIONS WHAT NEXT? OF WHAT USE IS THE VICE PRESIDENT OF A COUNTRY WHEN HE HAS NO POWER AND CANT ACT ON HIS OWN., LOOK AT SAMBO DOES HIS OFFICE HAS POWER? HE JUST BEEN TOSSED AROUND. THEY ARE JUST USING OSIBANJO TO GET VOTES FROM CHRISTIANS AND THE SOUTH WEST AFTER NOW HE WILL BE FORCED TO RESIGN. I READ THIS BOOK SON OF HAMAS WRITTEN BY THE SON OF THE FOUNDER OF HASMAS GROUP IN PALESTINE AND IT OPENED MY EYES WIDER, I READ ABOUT THE 1966 COUP, THE COUNTER COUP, THE MURTALA MOHAMMED COUP, THE CAUSE OF THE BIAFRAN WAR, THE FAILED COUP AND COUP SPEECH OF MAJOR GENERAL ORKAR IN 1990 . IT MADE ME REALISE THAT THERE IS A CERTAIN CLIQUE OR GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO FEEL IT IS THEIR BIRTH RIGHT OR BORN TO RULE THIS COUNTRY. THEY WILL GO TO ANY LENGTH TO RULE THIS OUR GREAT COUNTRY. A LOT OF US ARE JUST IGNORANT BUT WE DONT KNOW THE HIDDEN AGENDA BEHIND THIS GROUP. WE HATE AND DESPISE GEJ, I DO TOO BUT LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING IT IS BETTER FOR GEJ TO STEAL AND OTHER MINORITY REGIONS OF NIGERIA TO STEAL THAN A CERTAIN BORN TO RULE GROUP OF PEOPLE TO STEAL AND WASTE OUR GOD GIVEN RESOURCES. THIS A FIGHT WE MUST WIN , I URGE U TO VOTE GEJ BECAUSE GOD IS USING HIM TO FULFIL HIS WISH FOR OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA. DONT LET THIS PEOPLE DECEIVE US AGAIN.YOU ALL SHOULD TAKE YOUR TIME GOOGLE ABOUT THE 1966 COUP AND THE CONTER COUP, READ THE COUP SPEECH OF MAJOR GENERAL ORKAR AND ALL COUP THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE IN NIGERIA AND SATISFY OUR DOUBTS. LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA. WHEN GEJ, PEJ AND FFK MAKE STATEMENTS IN THE PUBLIC I USED TO SE IT AS AN ACT OF DESPERATION AND SELFISHNESS ON THEIR PART. I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY AFTER 6 YEARS THE STILL WANT TO CLING ON TO POWER BUT WHEN I READ THE CONTENT BELLOW I COULD UNDERSTAND WERE THE WERE COMING FROM . I COULD UNDERSTAND THE STATUS UPDATES ON FACEBOOK IN THE PAST OF CHIEF FEMI FANNY KAYODE . GO TO HIS FACEBOOK WALL U'LL REALIZE HE WAS AGAINST GEJ IN 2013 AND CHEERING FOR APC BUT NOW HE REALISE HIS MISTAKES AFTER READING THE CONTENTS BELLOW.

NIGERIA ON VERGE OF ISLAMIZATION (APC SECRET AGENDA EXPOSED)- Pastor Bosun Emmanuel The redeem Christian church of God pastor Emmanuel bosun in a special presentation in a congregation in Ibadan saying that the nation Nigeria is on the verge of Islamization by the all progressive people party (APC). Saying that all Christians should be wise and decisive on whom they should give their mandate in the Feb 14th polls. Using Turkey as an example. Saying the Nigeria church is interested in rising billionaires instead of disciples. He quoted Abuja declaration 1989, saying in 1989 Islam had a meeting in Abuja and made a declaration. 1) To eradicate in all forms and ramification of all non-Muslim religion in member nation with Christianity highly emphasized and Nigeria is a member nation. 2) To ensure only Muslims are elected in all political positions of member nations. 3) To make sure that they strategize and carry out their plan Saying the then head of state General BABANGIDA removed 21billion naira from Nigeria treasury and gave to Organization of Islamic conference (OIC) for the total islamatization of Nigeria. Saying they have started actualizing their agenda with the boko haram activities. Saying boko haram aim is to totally Islamatize Nigeria and eradicate Christianity. Pastor Bosun a delegate of the just concluded Nigeria conference under the religion umbrella says that on Sep 15th 2014 God spoke to Dr Vincent Anigbogu, D.G institute of national transformation, saying that if care is not taking Nigeria would be like the nation Turkey in 30years from 2014. Saying turkey was 100% Christians but at present, Turkey is 0.124% Christians and 95% Muslims saying Christianity existed in turkey for 1,123years and Islam uprooted. Saying Christianity in Nigeria is just 172years old (Methodist batch freeman).turkey had a very strong and solid Christian foundation as apostle Paul was from Turkey, but it was still uprooted, if Christianity give them the opportunity they would do the same here. If that can be done in Turkey with a very strong religious background then Nigeria wouldn’t be an exception if Christians make the same mistake as Turkey. He said Nigeria Christians are making the same mistake as Turkey, saying as quote. 1) Turkey under estimated the young Ottoman ruler(Nigeria churches are under estimating boko haram). 2) The church in Constantine old name for Istanbul capital of Turkey was one of the best defended city in Europe (Nigeria thinks they are the biggest in Africa) 3) Racism and tribalism weakened the church in Turkey(Nigeria church is affected by racism and tribalism) 4) The weapon used in destroying the church in Turkey was invented by a Christian (Christians are the once strategizing for Muslims in Nigeria) He categorically said the APC is a party to watch carefully, saying the APC has hired the campaign manager of Barack Obama to strategize for them saying when he came to Nigeria he needed someone to interface for him the person he employed was a pastor, so power could be handed over to a party (APC)with all purpose and intent is an Islamic brotherhood. Pastor Bosun also hinted that Nigerians core problem is from the Nigerian constitution saying it’s a problem of dual ideology within the Nigeria constitution .said sharia was mentioned 73times in the Nigeria constitution, Islam was mentioned 28times, grand cadi 54times & Muslim 40 times in the Nigeria constitution 1999, saying there was no mention of Christians in the Nigeria’s constitution, no mention of the bible, no single mention of Christ, no single mention of church. Saying constitutionally that Nigeria is an Islamic state instead of a circular state. Saying it hasn’t been fully enforced because they haven’t captured the south west. But recently there has been a hand shake between the North West and south west with the disguise of a political party (APC). He also said that the leadership structure of the APC should be looked into siting examples saying their; National leader west: Muslim National leader south: Muslim National chairman: Muslim Deputy national chairman: Muslim National secretary: Muslim Deputy national secretary: Muslim National publicity secretary: Muslim National treasurer: Muslim National financial secretary: Muslim National youth leader: Muslim Women leader: Muslim Legal adviser: Muslim Saying who ever votes APC is digging the grave of the Nigeria church with his or her thumb. Saying that APC has an Islamic agenda for Nigeria, Christians must stand and bring back Goodluck on the Feb 14th elections. Hinting that in 1983 IOC had a strategy meeting in London with the aim of islamatizing Africa, in that meeting they produced a 322 paged document, 126 pages were focused on Nigeria identifying Nigeria a key nation to be captured saying the south west should stand and resist the APC Islamic agenda for Nigeria under the disguise of politics. Also made mention of rivers state saying they are also interested in the oil and gas of the nation saying that’s why they are also pulling weight in rivers state. Saying if Buhari wins 2015, Christianity is looked up for the next hundred years and Christianity wouldn’t be passed to our children said the issue is not if Goodluck Jonathan is performing or not, saying Goodluck is 100% successful, he is there for a purpose to rebuild the foundation of Nigeria. IOC strategy on how to capture Nigeria Their plan he said: SOUTH EAST, They appear formidable but they Christianity is merchandised. It can be bought and sold. If they see sufficient money the Ibo man would drop the bible and pick up the Koran. It has started happening as religious leaders from the east are already pushing for the Islamic brotherhood under disguise of APC. Power of money. SOUTH WEST, Both Islam and Christianity are superficial, making both similar in the west. Aim is to colonize all the Christians in the south west. Make them betray their self to instigate mistrust in the church and finally embrace the Islamic brother hood (APC) SOUTH SOUTH, Train them in Islamic countries convert them and return them to push the message of Islam in the south. they are achieving it gradually, Alahaji Asari Dokubo was their failed first experiment he said, he also emphasized the church must raise disciples instead of billionaires saying the church should be galvanized in righteous actions, pray and fast for the church and also stated the Goodluck should be given the mandate of Christians to avert the hideous plans of Islamic brotherhood under the APC disguise. And true Christians who want the existence and continuity of the Nigeria church should please spread this message saying information is power. NOTE FOR READERS: BEWARE: Abuja Declaration Has Been Edited Apparently, as a result of the growing awareness amongst Christians of the evil planned by the Muslims against the Church, the Muslims went online to edit and distort the information on the Abuja Declaration of 1989. The information on Wikipedia was edited on Monday 21st July, 2014 by one Greg Abdul. Their battle plan detailing the plot behind the current Boko Haram insurgency and other forms of political manipulations by the Muslims in the country, was completely removed

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Horrlah(f): 11:36am On Jan 26, 2015
ramalot:
@ Horrlah

Why da Fcvk would you quote the entire post, AND say nothing?
grin
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ogene007: 11:38am On Jan 26, 2015
Boss13:

There is only one way to find out about Buhari's economic policy - you ask him directly. He is now on twitter and seriously he needs to answer some questions
Your answer is indeed revealing, it simply shows that people like you who go about criticizing GEJ know little or not about what an economic blue print is. So it is on twitter that APC wants to talk about its economic policies? They have not put together any document with which the electorate and organised private sector can plan with, that is why there is so much speculations as to what may become of the nigerian economy, if Buhari is to win the elections. This speculation is adversely affecting FDIs and the value of the naira, no to talk of a halt in all forms of investments by businesses. It goes to show that the people whose actions and inactions, generated the problems do not have the capacity to effect any positive change. Let Buhari tell us how he intends to fund all the bogus promises he is making all over the place, and the over 90% of the budget spent on recurrent expenditure. APC should go beyond bogus and vague promises, to provide us with the specifics, else we can all safely conclude that they are indeed clueless as to what the solution to the problem is. The solution to this present problem is the restructuring of the country along the lines of true federalism, only than can we not have history repeating itself on this issue of monies from oil boom. Whe n it comes to cutting down on the cost of governance, the national assembly becomes bipartisan, ensuring that there are no reductions in government expenditure. Why has the Oresanya report on the restructuring of the civil service not yet implemented? Have you bothered to ask why we are spending over 90% of our budget on recurrent expenditure? A lot of the ministries, agencies and parastatals which were recommended to be scrapped, where established by acts of parliament, meaning that the national assembly needs to amend the relevant laws in order to reduce the size of government. On issues like this, the NA adopts a bipartisan approach, so it smacks of sheer mischief and distortion of facts for Soludo to come here reeling out figures as if reducing government spending is done by just wishful thinking. It will take a bipartisan approach from all members of the political class, at all levels, to bring down the cost of governance. Anything other than that is mere grandstanding by the so-called agents of change. GEJ remains the only viable option in getting nigeria out of the present economic mess. GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by blackCITIZEN(m): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2015
Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Except from the over-hyping of IBB and OBJ's governments, and his somewhat personal attack on Peter Obi(I don't like Obi for the record) he is somehow on point. Nigeria is plagued as at today by the twin of institutionalised corruption and mismanagement of our scarce resources. I don't see any future under the administration of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Even the so called achievement are mediocrity at best. I hope Nigerians decide what is right this time.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by demandtruth: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2015
CCsurplus007:
Now this is what I have been telling my friends, tell us what you want to do and how you intend doing it not some public charade of lies and deception. When we have thousands of intellectuals to choose from, I wonder what we should still be doing with someone still arguing about his secondary school certificate. May God deliver Nigeria

But prof, someone reading this piece would imagine we were living in El-Dorado during obj's tenure. One would have assumed OBJ was pope john paul or the messiah.why was the railway not working during your tenure? despite the huge sums injected into the power sector yet phcn failed. Why wasnt any of our university among the best 200 then? rather Obj built personal libraries and universities to his name. All federal Government projects in the east was stopped or frustrated.what of the monopolistic approach of Obj when only Dangote was allowed to import anything and frustrated other peoples businesses that were opposed to him.since the agricultural sector was better during obj's tenure why dint it add to our foreign reserves and massive corruption in that sector was still rife. what about the haliburton and other numerous scandals. Soludo did not tell us that increasing workers salary then affected our recurrent expenditure now.

The thing is anybody can come and reel out figures as if it paradise during their own era. This is a nice presentation but not without some personal bias I still think both parties can learn a lot from this if they objectively look at the salient points raised.

What you wrote is to point to a supposed bias of Soludo; ideally as it bothers on his service and yet you failed to realize that he's only drawing a parallel line among three economic approach under three different government. The path of which he outlined as it relates to governance.

All you've written is purely shifting blame that reflects your political leaning rather than showing any imbalance, in economics term, to what the Prof has enunciated. You are very subjective such that your opinion lacks any logical inputs; failing the text of what is under discuss.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by matoyeh(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=Tomoarika post=30136840][/quote] grin HHMMNN...

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
[b]
gists:

Nonetheless, this is a beautiful right-up by Soludo and I dove my cap for him.
[/b]
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by Tosman12(m): 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
derespect:
Wait oooo. Na exam I dey preparevfor? Wey u think say I go read all ds things.

Kids Read and learn.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by gcuteliebe(m): 12:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
saintiago1980:
Goodluck is the only president who can bring Nigeria to the promise. Land he has a lot to do for Nigeria. Let us join hand together in this up coming election. To vote him in for future generation.

on what ground is ur claim that gudluck is d only president to do the good job we clamour for...pls we are being analytical on this issue and we need good heads to comment here...am not even sure u went tru the piece written by som1 who has played d game n knows the reality not the fantasy that pple like u live in!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ceejayluv(m): 12:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
ogene007:

What is Buhari's economic blueprint or is it a case of 'when we get there, we will know what to do'. Please, provide us with what policy direction APC intends to pursue, other than to come and reverse all the privitization that has been done and return us to status quo. Where will APC get the funding for all the bogus promises they are making all over the place. Let us not forget the Tinubu and Amaechi were two key individuals who vehemently kicked against any form of savings from the oil boom era, first, Tinubu went to court over the excess crude account set up by OBJ, and go the supreme court to declare it illegal, secondly, Amaechi under the governors forum, opposed the sovereign wealth fund that GEJ set up, they wanted GEJ to bring all the monies and share between the FG and state governments. Coming to the budget, how many times has the national assembly increased the crude oil benchmark for the yearly budgets? They always increase it to ensure that less is available for savings. That there hasn't been meaningful savings throughout the period of the oil boom, has not been for want of trying by GEJ and his economic team, rather, it has happened due to the collective greed of the likes of Tinubu, Amaechi and other key members of the opposition, who today have become the self appointed apostles of 'change', who is deceiving who?
Where we fault Soludo in his analysis is that he failed to state clearly that the oil boom money was shared by the three levels of government.
Take one Orijin there, bros.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by LRNZH(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
LRNZH:
[b]Generally good piece from Soludo.

That said, he has over hyped OBJ and IBB's regimes. What happened to Murtala/OBJ regime in the 70s which laid the groundwork for Nigeria's development as we know it today?

Right now, give Nigeria stable electricity and see the miracles that this country will perform. Soludo is wrong to compare us with Greece and Spain who have reached a certain employment saturation. Nigera is yet to get there so electricity will guarantee jobs in Nigeria. He should be speaking 3rd world macro economics here.

Why not endorse GMB who is surrounded by proven technocrats and progressives?
GEJ grade F is true. But staying undecided is a vote for the incumbent. Soludo may be on the fence to avoid the ire of Igbo's who are mostly Pro-GEJ but he needs to stop burying his head in sand.

GMB is untested under current economic conditions but that is a better choice than a confirmed Grade F failure like GEJ. GMB still has the room to score from grade A to F.

Thank you former CBN Governor.[/b]

ocelot2006:

What "proven technocrats" when your party's manifesto is totally devoid of anything reasonable? Please do list these "technocrats" of yours.

Some of these technocrats are already in APC and some will join in the near future when GMB takes over government.

This list includes but not restricted to: Oby Ezekwesili, Raji Fashola, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, Rotimi Amaechi, Nasiru El-Rufai, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu (if he decamps to APC), Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, Barr. Festus Keyamo, Prof. Barth Nnaji, George Akume, Audu Ogbe, Rabiu Kwankwaso, Bukola Saraki, Adamu Muazu (APC will lure him after PDP's loss), Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (will at least provide consultancy on economic olicies), potentially- Donald Duke & Emeka Anyaoku.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo by ceejayluv(m): 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
ogene007:

Your answer is indeed revealing, it simply shows that people like you who go about criticizing GEJ know little or not about what an economic blue print is. So it is on twitter that APC wants to talk about its economic policies? They have not put together any document with which the electorate and organised private sector can plan with, that is why there is so much speculations as to what may become of the nigerian economy, if Buhari is to win the elections. This speculation is adversely affecting FDIs and the value of the naira, no to talk of a halt in all forms of investments by businesses. It goes to show that the people whose actions and inactions, generated the problems do not have the capacity to effect any positive change. Let Buhari tell us how he intends to fund all the bogus promises he is making all over the place, and the over 90% of the budget spent on recurrent expenditure. APC should go beyond bogus and vague promises, to provide us with the specifics, else we can all safely conclude that they are indeed clueless as to what the solution to the problem is. The solution to this present problem is the restructuring of the country along the lines of true federalism, only than can we not have history repeating itself on this issue of monies from oil boom. Whe n it comes to cutting down on the cost of governance, the national assembly becomes bipartisan, ensuring that there are no reductions in government expenditure. Why has the Oresanya report on the restructuring of the civil service not yet implemented? Have you bothered to ask why we are spending over 90% of our budget on recurrent expenditure? A lot of the ministries, agencies and parastatals which were recommended to be scrapped, where established by acts of parliament, meaning that the national assembly needs to amend the relevant laws in order to reduce the size of government. On issues like this, the NA adopts a bipartisan approach, so it smacks of sheer mischief and distortion of facts for Soludo to come here reeling out figures as if reducing government spending is done by just wishful thinking. It will take a bipartisan approach from all members of the political class, at all levels, to bring down the cost of governance. Anything other than that is mere grandstanding by the so-called agents of change. GEJ remains the only viable option in getting nigeria out of the present economic mess. GEJ till 2019.
APC is relying heavily on the millions of almajiri automatic votes from the North.. Any other thing they say or present as blueprint is an afterthought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Wike Mobbed By Corpers At Rivers NYSC Camp (photos) / Rashida Bello Or Amina Bello: Who Is Yahaya Bello’s First Lady? (See Photo) / Buhari Jos Diehard Fan: 'I Will Vote For You With My Blood, Die For You' (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.