Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible (46999 Views)

Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? / How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only / My Traditional And White Wedding With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by onismate: 5:26am On Jan 26, 2015
I have always been a good Christian. To me my faith permits marriage but I can’t just marry anybody. At 35, marriage was already on my mind. I need it, my body needs it. I have abstained from sex for too long. I had to do something before I fall into the evil hands of the sons of Lucifer. Even though my finances were a little bit low I prayed fervently to God to give me the right person.

Two weeks later I was returning from evangelism, I saw a very beautiful young lady preaching to some group of young menu in the neighbourhood. I decided to come closer to listen to her message very well. I began enjoying her message, she was so fluent. Her beauty didn’t attract me as such, what attracted me the most was her charisma and the way she preached. I decided to sit on one of the empty chairs at the back. After the message, I approached her, we exchanged pleasantries and introduced ourselves, I requested that I should walk her home and she agreed. We chatted and talked as I walked her home. I got to her house and we spent over 2 hours talking. I really enjoyed her company that I requested if we could do a joint evangelism together, she agreed.

As we go to evangelism together we became closer and fond of each other. I was not comfortable with our relationship as just friends. I wanted us to move to the next level.

Behold it happened. I asked her to marry me. She appreciated my courage but asked for little patience for her to go and pray to God about it. On my mind I was very sure that she is the right one for me.

A month later as we were going to visit some of our new converts, she broke the news to me. That she has agreed to marry me. I was just so happy about the good news.

We courted for about 6 months and started the preparations for the traditional rites. It proved a little difficult when we (me and my family) went to see her parents.

They insisted that all the drinks we must bring will be alcohol (ogogoro, sepe), because they are from isoko in Delta state. Isokos love taking alcohol a lot. I totally refused buying any alcohol because it’s outside my faith.

I gave them my own option of what I will do. I told them I can’t buy them alcohol, I will rather give them the money so they can make do with anyhow they like. They refused my offer, they still insisted that I must buy the alcohol if I must marry their daughter. I myself refused too, I told them that in fact I wasn’t interested in the marriage any more if I have to buy alcohol for them. Later on they called me back after 3 months. They said they don’t want anything to stand on their daughter’s way of happiness. They accepted my offer to take the money, and the traditional rites were completed.

We started planning our wedding immediately after the traditional rites, I didn’t want to waste much time about it. I had wanted it to be a month after the traditional rites. Even though I didn’t have much money for the wedding, I had to make do with the little I have. My “wife to be” had just graduated from the university some few months back. She was yet to get a job. I myself was an NCE holder and a class teacher. I only had about N50,000 in my account. I was determined to carry on with the wedding, to manage the little money I have, I had already told her we wouldn’t borrow or beg. We budgeted N30,000 for that wedding while the other N20,000 will be for our upkeep after the wedding while I wait for the result of the interview I did which I believe and sure I would pass very well because they had informed me that before the end of the month they would call me back for the appointment. It is a good, well-paying job. Not forgetting that my fiancé will look for job too to reduce the responsibility on me.

I was so sure that we would have much guests, even unwanted guests too, because it’s a village. I told fiancé is either we give them biscuits and drinks or rice and fish with water as refreshment. We had to cut our coat according to our material.

On the wedding day, our guess was actually right because we had over 700 people as guests including uninvited once. The whole reception hall was packed full. The wedding vows were taking in a scanty church. But the reception! It was a massive turnout.

We made a very beautiful small cake worth N2000, though we didn’t share it because it will not get to everybody. We kept it for just the traditional “Cutting of the cake.” After cutting it, our helpers took it away. Thank God we made use of rice and fresh fish, the people sharing just had to manage it little by little so it could get to everybody. It was 2 bags of rice.

We made available about 7 drums of water. After eating you take water. No drinks or meat were provided. Infact we didn’t have high table and chairman of the occasion.

Finally am happy I was married to the love of my life and the wedding was successful. To those who spent or are spending big budgets for wedding/marriage, borrowing for people to be impressed, at the end of the day all of us have one thing in common! Which is, “We all got married.”

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/978-my-wedding-story-how-we-met-and-did-our-wedding-with-just-little-money-we-had

233 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by freshness2020: 5:46am On Jan 26, 2015
Seven drums of water?
Hmmm...are ♈όϋ dat poor ♈όϋ couldn't afford #80 bags of water!..
That seven drums of water got me thinking if this Ūя̲̅ story was real...who still drinks water from drum in this dispensation!

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by bigtt76(f): 5:52am On Jan 26, 2015
Anyway did they give gifts? That's your guests? #justasking undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Redoil: 5:58am On Jan 26, 2015
Stinginess of the highest order.
Well sha may you be bless abundantly in ur marriage. My advice; women are very troublesom and offending after you started living together
you must never beat her like a cow
you must never turn her into punching bag. Whenever you feel like beating somebody just PM me i will send my bouncer to come over to ur place.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by menix(m): 6:04am On Jan 26, 2015
Ow I wish I can ve such courage.

Had a funny experience, budgeted 1.5million last year buh had a million jan. 2014 instead of proposing nd takin d bull by d horn.
Had 2 postpone d proposing till I get d extra 500k.
While I waited she did not wait nd now I don't even ve d million box nd ve lost out on her.

Wish we culd really learn to cut our boxers to size us..

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by dkronicle(m): 6:07am On Jan 26, 2015
Borrowing in out of it but ur invities drank water frm d drum... Baba i no com o. Ordinary pure wata no follow ?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by dkronicle(m): 6:09am On Jan 26, 2015
menix:

Had a funny experience, budgeted 1.5million last year buh had a million jan. 2014 instead of proposing nd takin d bull by d horn.
While I waited she did not wait nd now I don't even ve d million box nd ve lost out on her.

if she is urs, she would av stayd

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by nedu2000(m): 6:16am On Jan 26, 2015
Africans & their "I must marry mentality".....you never get money & ur relying on hope,why not wait till the white collar job comes first,that's how we bring children into this world to suffer!!!*hisses*

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Medunah: 6:19am On Jan 26, 2015
So u also rented hall from that 30k? Bought tux and wedding gown from 30k?? With a budget of 30k, reception wasnt necessary, jzt church wedding that will consist of family members and close frnds, after taking ur vows, u share the food in the church and dats all.

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by menix(m): 6:20am On Jan 26, 2015
dkronicle:
if she is urs, she would av stayd

Tot about dat too buh I jst blived its peer pressure, cous almost all her fwend were getting married.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by menix(m): 6:29am On Jan 26, 2015
Medunah:
So u also rented hall from that 50k? Bought tux and wedding gown from 50k??

Re u not a christian?
Did Jesus not feed 5k guest wiv 5 Agege bread nd two titus fish.
Don't 4get d parties involved re strong Jesus followers.

32 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by jmoore(m): 6:35am On Jan 26, 2015
menix:

Re u not a christian?
Did Jesus not feed 5k guest wiv 5 Agege bread nd two titus fish.
Don't 4get d parties involved re strong Jesus followers.

grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Oh please all ye negative coMmenters should cut d Op some slack! I admire his courage. Buh thank God it was a village wedding sha grin cuz u cnt try dis in d city

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by freshness2020: 6:55am On Jan 26, 2015
menix:

So sad! But ♈όϋ were much interested in the wedding than the marriage..it should have been the other way round!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Infomizer(m): 7:00am On Jan 26, 2015
Medunah:
So u also rented hall from that 30k? Bought tux and wedding gown from 30k?? With a budget of 30k, reception wasnt necessary, jzt church wedding that will consist of family members and close frnds, after taking ur vows, u share the food in the church and dats all.

This.
Court wedding sef for nor be bad idea...The way I see it in some movies ("movies", I said), just two friends (to serve as witnesses) and a priest will do. That way, you fit no spend 30k sef. You can now work towards an elaborate 5-year anniversary or something. My thoughts.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by dahunsy(f): 7:05am On Jan 26, 2015
coughs***clears throat....WHITE LIE

8 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Emmaxmusic(m): 7:26am On Jan 26, 2015
Well una no call for live band serviCes
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by mrking3(m): 8:14am On Jan 26, 2015
@OP stop giving us zobo here!! Even 50k can't be enough to celebrate one's birthday let alone of wedding!! You can't tell this honourable house of nairaland that you bought 2 bags of rice which I know is worth 20k, bought packs of fish and other miscellaneous expenses with 30k!! That's trash man! WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL! You ended up embarrassing yourself before your inlaws and the entire whole village! You should have saved up atleast 200k for an average wedding I wonder why the rush in the first place when you aint even ready!! I'm planning to do my white and Trad this year and I've tried all I can to make an average budget evrything will cost about 400k. That's even the minimum!!! For both traditional Rites which include marriage LIST, Trad, and white wedding. All will be done same day just to save cost. When I saw your thread I got attracted to read how you made it with just 50k but then, that's way below average! Just CLASSLESS! How do you do such lifetime event without serving people with common pure water, mineral and meat? Wow!! Who does that? Shameful bro!!!

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Nutase: 8:47am On Jan 26, 2015
Born again lies undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Medunah: 9:09am On Jan 26, 2015
Infomizer:

This.
Court wedding sef for nor be bad idea...The way I see it in some movies ("movies", I said), just two friends (to serve as witnesses) and a priest will do. That way, you fit no spend 30k sef. You can now work towards an elaborate 5-year anniversary or something. My thoughts.
Exactly, only thing is they re born agains so dey mite think church wedding is a must

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by onismate: 9:19am On Jan 26, 2015
There is what people don't realise. Not after the wedding, i will go begging. Marriage is beyond wedding. What happened that day was wedding and after that day was Marriage.

12 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 26, 2015
And and some folks will believe this thrash...

Instead of doing this rubbish why not just cohabit with her till you have the resources to do a proper wedding..

Stop feeding us with Zobo.

7 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Swizdoe(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2015
Story for the gods.......
Even if you did the wedding inside a cave, the situation wouldn't be as bad as this.

5 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by mecussey(m): 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
menix:

With due respect sir, permit me to call you "Bsc mumu" lollll. But on a serious note, your girl no like you at all or you guys were not communicating well. If you had 1m, you must not spend all celebrating marriage, to maintain the marriage is more difficult. Why would she leave you because, you don't have enough money for wedding, when you can actually do the trad comfortably. To me self, na God save you for that marriage.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by menix(m): 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
mecussey:

With due respect sir, permit me to call you "Bsc mumu" lollll. But on a serious note, your girl no like you at all or you guys were not communicating well. If you had 1m, you must not spend all celebrating marriage, to maintain the marriage is more difficult. Why would she leave you because, you don't have enough money for wedding, when you can actually do the trad comfortably. To me self, na God save you for that marriage.

Buh. Do u kno if u ve not quoted wiv insult u did b OND mumu buh u jst got upgraded to 'B.Tech Mumu'

12 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by mecussey(m): 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
menix:

Buh. Do u kno if u ve not quoted wiv insult u did b OND mumu buh u jst got upgraded to 'B.Tech Mumu'

..lol...my man if you know me ehh, u go know say I get masters for mumunuolgy, that was why I asked for ur permission. Honestly, I didnt meant to insult you, no vex you hear. Just imagine if all Nigerians were like me.

6 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by menix(m): 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
mecussey:

..lol...my man if you know me ehh, u go know say I get masters for mumunuolgy, that was why I asked for ur permission. Honestly, I didnt meant to insult you, no vex you hear. Just imagine if all Nigerians were like me.

I swear if all nigerian were lik u nah ogoro we go dey export cous rite now I dey mama osas place dey down 1 kettle..
Com mk I flex u nah..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by mecussey(m): 11:38am On Jan 27, 2015
menix:

I swear if all nigerian were lik u nah ogoro we go dey export cous rite now I dey mama osas place dey down 1 kettle..
Com mk I flex u nah..

Yea, and one barrel of ogogoro is costlier than one barrel of crude oil now, ask Brazil. But i dey like Ogogoro we dey mix will thailand skunk, then I go dey download am with crack. So that i can easily fly to US and come back now now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by quin9(f): 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
Not even 7 drums of zobo?lol....well the guy is just a storyteller,read other post by him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by patrickkkk: 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
mrking3:
@OP stop giving us zobo here!! Even 50k can't be enough to celebrate one's birthday let alone of wedding!! You can't tell this honourable house of nairaland that you bought 2 bags of rice which I know is worth 20k, bought packs of fish and other miscellaneous expenses with 30k!! That's trash man! WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL! You ended up embarrassing yourself before your inlaws and the entire whole village! You should have saved up atleast 200k for an average wedding I wonder why the rush in the first place when you aint even ready!! I'm planning to do my white and Trad this year and I've tried all I can to make an average budget evrything will cost about 400k. That's even the minimum!!! For both traditional Rites which include marriage LIST, Trad, and white wedding. All will be done same day just to save cost. When I saw your thread I got attracted to read how you made it with just 50k but then, that's way below average! Just CLASSLESS! How do you do such lifetime event without serving people with common pure water, mineral and meat? Wow!! Who does that? Shameful bro!!!
Bros this is unfair stop insulting the man. Its not d wedding that matters rather its d marriage. Many had spent millions on wedding but little on marriage and today their marriage is no more. Am not saying if one has d money he should not spend it but where one has little to spend and decides to spend it, why crucify him? Pls be considerate.

10 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by mrking3(m): 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
patrickkkk:
Bros this is unfair stop insulting the man. Its not d wedding that matters rather its d marriage. Many had spent millions on wedding but little on marriage and today their marriage is no more. Am not saying if one has d money he should not spend it but where one has little to spend and decides to spend it, why crucify him? Pls be considerate.
just shut up and get off my mention!! You think everyone is gullible and easily brainwashed like you? This is Nairaland and not 2go where anyone can drop zobo without asking questions! So even in your widest dream you believe your friend paid his wife's bride price, performed all other traditional wedding rites, bought two bags of Rice including cooking ingredients with fish and other expenses with just 30k? You must be so dumb to believe this!!! Pls, lastly! Get off my mention.

43 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Gets N305K To Celebrate Her Birthday After Revealing She Was Broke. Photos / Guys Wash Their Hands With Wine At A Club (Photos) / Kenyan Couple Who Wedded In Tshirts Cry During Lavish 3.5million Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.