Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? (1514 Views)

How To Make $3,000 Every Month From Commission Junction / Are You Making Enough Money From Adsense? Try This Instead. / Learn Bulk SMS Business Here On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by CreativeWeb(m): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2015
If bulk sms business is really lucrative, how much are you making from it? What are the challenges you faced? How did you overcome the initial challenges?

This guy : smswazobia.com claims to be making 650k per month. He has more than 4000 registered users on his portal.
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by sarutobi: 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
CreativeWeb:
If bulk sms business is really lucrative, how much are you making from it? What are the challenges you faced? How did you overcome the initial challenges?

This guy : smswazobia.com claims to be making 650k per month. He has more than 4000 registered users on his portal.

Honestly i don't know what exactly to say. But from experience, bulk sms is just like every Nigerian business.

It can make you 100K - 150K per month if you do it properly. The people making 650k etc will not be many sha. But i believe there are mega resellers out there who should be raking in figures close to millions per month.

You must advertise. WELL. people must know you. WELL. One thing i can tell you is that it sells fast but the profit margin is low. So volume is KING.
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by CreativeWeb(m): 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
Thank you @sarutobi. What are the advert strategies one need to adopt?
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by sarutobi: 7:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
CreativeWeb:
Thank you @sarutobi. What are the advert strategies one need to adopt?

1. ur pricing needs to be very competitive. Other providers are just a click away.

2. Advertise here on Nairaland. I have seen good results. Just target relevant sections.

3. I am not sure about adwords. But Facebook is good too.

4. Lastly, nothing beats walking up to your prospects and showing them what you can do.
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by CreativeWeb(m): 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Good. What is the competitive pricing like? I want to be selling at 1 unit equals to 1 sms. What price is competitive? 1.30k? 1.40k? 1.50? 1.60k? 1.70k? 1.80?

I never clicked on any advert on nairaland, so I dont think NL ad converts.

Am looking at:
1. handbills
2. digital banners
3. stickers
4. radio
5. cable tv (like acbn)
6. word of mouth

Just offline stuff.
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by sarutobi: 10:10am On Jan 27, 2015
CreativeWeb:
Good. What is the competitive pricing like? I want to be selling at 1 unit equals to 1 sms. What price is competitive? 1.30k? 1.40k? 1.50? 1.60k? 1.70k? 1.80?

I never clicked on any advert on nairaland, so I dont think NL ad converts.

Am looking at:
1. handbills
2. digital banners
3. stickers
4. radio
5. cable tv (like acbn)
6. word of mouth

Just offline stuff.

1. Nairaland: Many people click the ads. It works. Try a small campaign and see if it works for you.

2. Since you are targeting offline ads, then your pricing can push upwards a bit. Maybe around 1.5 - 2.00 . My previous suggestion for mainly for online ads. Most people offline still think SMS is N4 so if you sell it to them @ 1.8 they will not complain much.

3. You want to advertise on cable TV? Won't that be too expensive?
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by CreativeWeb(m): 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
Well, I have discovered that there is nothing like building a good relationship and friendship. I hav a friend who works in one cable tv that has decided to help. I hav a friend also who works with frcn and he is ready to assist me with jingles and other radio advert strategies.

In due time, I wil start revealing some secrets of bulk sms marketing.
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by sarutobi: 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
CreativeWeb:
Well, I have discovered that there is nothing like building a good relationship and friendship. I hav a friend who works in one cable tv that has decided to help. I hav a friend also who works with frcn and he is ready to assist me with jingles and other radio advert strategies.

In due time, I wil start revealing some secrets of bulk sms marketing.

Cool!
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by bedfordng(m): 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
bulk sms biz requires lots of adverts both online and offline.many people are still making use of the #4 sms charges
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by lekropasky(m): 5:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
Pls boss...@CreativeWeb.
I need to have a private discussion with you concerning this biz.
Whatsapp Me--07035452307
thanks.

Or
maybe by another means of communicatn...
I'll be gratefuLL...
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by CreativeWeb(m): 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
Am not on whatsapp. I use nokia asha 200 and am ok wit it
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by semasir: 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2015
Bulk SMS is really a good biz to invest in but you need the passion to drive it forward. I started in 2009 but has created a nitche for self with the following strategies:

*competitive pricing
*reliable gateway
*efficient delivery
*good customer relationship, etc

For effective profit however, you need ads via any platform you feel convenient for you- fb, twitter, google, NL and so on not forgetting words of mouth and reference too. I make a minimal #40,000 monthly with over 100,000+ SMS sent too.

You need to use your online presence to your advantage too; feel free to reach for support in my little way.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by wealthmission: 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
semasir:
Bulk SMS is really a good biz to invest in but you need the passion to drive it forward. I started in 2009 but has created a nitche for self with the following strategies:

*competitive pricing
*reliable gateway
*efficient delivery

For effective profit however, you need ads via any platform you feel convenient for you- fb, twitter, google, NL and so on not forgetting words of mouth and reference too. I make a minimal #40,000 monthly with over 100,000+ SMS sent too.

You need to use your online presence to your advantage too; feel free to reach for support in my little way.
true talk
Re: How Much Are You Making Per Month From Your Bulk SMS Business? by ev4real(m): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
semasir:

*competitive pricing
*reliable gateway
*efficient delivery

This great. Thanks Semasir.

(1) (Reply)

How To Query The Interswitch Webservice / Google Adsense Reply... Any Advice??? / 5 Tips To Keep It Going With Content Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.