Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

How Much Did You Buy USD Today In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Did You Buy USD Today In Nigeria? (1067 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / Wike & Tambuwal Smile At Body Of Benchers Today In Abuja(Pics) / Governors At National Economic Council Meeting Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Did You Buy USD Today In Nigeria? by bennyrazz: 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Really this is bad. Central Bank and banks in Nigeria are ripping us off big time. This scam as gone on for too long. As at today, the official price
of 1dollar= 191Naira. Do you know where the problem is? Banks will never sell dollars to you except you want to travel. But they are always
anxious to buy from you at a price almost 10% lower than the official price. For them it's a win win situation because they don't sell to you. They sell to black market. Last week at sheraton in Abuja, 1dollar was sold for 210Naira. As at today, the price was 215Naira. The bad thing is the moment you buy dollars from any of these abokis and you go back there to sell it, they will sell it for you at almost 10% lower than the official rate. For me, i think CBN need to clamp down on Black market operators and there should be a fixed percentage on how much BDCs and Banks sell and buy the dollars. A 2% or 3% rate wouldn't be a bad idea
Re: How Much Did You Buy USD Today In Nigeria? by easyflow: 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
I was asked to buy at the rate of 205 naira to a dollar today but I declined shocked
Re: How Much Did You Buy USD Today In Nigeria? by bennyrazz: 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
205 @ where?
Re: How Much Did You Buy USD Today In Nigeria? by easyflow: 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
Okene in kogi state
banks refused to sell even with my ticket and visa undecided
Re: How Much Did You Buy USD Today In Nigeria? by bennyrazz: 11:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
why won't bank sell when you have showed them your documents? this is part of the rot going on in the banking sector which the CBN under Soludo, Sanusi and now Godwin have failed to regulate properly.
Re: How Much Did You Buy USD Today In Nigeria? by easyflow: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
They say they don't sell dollar that I can use my master card anywhere I travel to

(1) (Reply)

Women Lure Guards with sex, Then Help 28 Escape From Brazilian Jail / Man Buys Gold Toilet For Daughter As Wedding Gift. (photo) / I Have A Question For Ambode And APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.