Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Phone Generation......the Anticlockwise Theory. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Generation......the Anticlockwise Theory. (383 Views)

Remember This? First generation SIM packs (photo) / Why Glo Will Forever Be The Next Generation Network. / A Professor From Ekiti State University Finds Fault In Evolution Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phone Generation......the Anticlockwise Theory. by emmy512: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
I sat in my room looking @ an etisalat calendar with difrent types of phones and of each generations. I then decided to write about most of them, how some fones came to be, how qwerty keypads started unfortunately my post is too long so I wud post an except ....while interested readers can continue reading using the link after the post. ]t's time for the weekly hit of nostalgia we call Counterclockwise. This time we revisit the history of QWERTY keyboards on phones, how smartphones killed dedicated SatNav units and some of the oddities of the phone world – like a camera-free iPhone and the smartphone embodiment of a web browser.
QWERTY slides off

Last week we touched on the subject of hardware QWERTY keyboards, especially the ones on BlackBerrys. Nokia had its share of legendary business machines too, tracing their roots back to the Nokia 9000 Communicator. Ahead of its time (1996) it was a phone-shaped mini-laptop powered by an Intel 386 it supported web browsing, email, faxing and more on its roomy 640 x 200px display.

Years later Nokia had established the E-series as phones for serious messaging. In early 2009 the Nokia E75 leaked,...............read more here and view photos....http://mysmartech..nl/2015/01/counterclockwise-nokia-e7-camera-less.html?m=1. Now its the smartphone generation. What we gona call the next generation of phones. Feel free to comment with what u think d next gen of fones wud be called.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 Custom Roms / International Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.