Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Nigerian Billboards Demolition: High Comm'r Slams Ghana National Security, AMA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Billboards Demolition: High Comm'r Slams Ghana National Security, AMA (848 Views)

Fayose Removes PDP Name & Logo From Campaign Office & Billboards / Ngozi Okonjo Father ,professor Chukwuka Okonjo, Receives Ghana’s National Award / Professor Chukwuka Okonjo Receives Ghana’s National Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Billboards Demolition: High Comm'r Slams Ghana National Security, AMA by wazobiaN9(m): 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
I have read many comments by my "fellow Nigerians" on the above topic.

As a Nigerian living in Ghana, I will try to shed more light...

You are advised to view this Ghanaian web site on the subject, and the hateful comments by hating Ghanaians, most of who "do not see beyond their noses" http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=344183&comment=0#com

There is no law against politicians campaigning on any global platform especially when you think you can speak to possible voters via the medium.

There are over 2 millions Nigerians residing in Ghana, and I can tell you that a majority are deeply interested in the elections and coming home to vote in fact.

This act by the Ghanaian government is as a result of the heightened xenophobia against Nigerian interests by its people. Several hate comments were made against Nigeria on several Ghanaian stations (radio & tv), Ghana web sites and many other media simply because of the seemingly harmless adverts. This is not uncommon tho.

I speak as a Nigerian working & living in Ghana.. till I resign or get transferred back by my coy. I can tell you that the first hand experience of this subject is not particularly pleasant.

Posterity will not forget this and many other acts of hate against Nigeria by our West African brothers and sisters. If they don't learn from history, it will simply repeat itself...
Re: Nigerian Billboards Demolition: High Comm'r Slams Ghana National Security, AMA by wealth2al(m): 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
GH feeling though they are too much hey?

Naija still the biggest economy; they should show some respect!
Re: Nigerian Billboards Demolition: High Comm'r Slams Ghana National Security, AMA by GHPATRIOT(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
How time flies, I don't condone some of the hat comments on that link, but hey its child play as compared to the invectives spewed by your compatriots against Ghanaians on this forum daily.

wazobiaN9:
I have read many comments by my "fellow Nigerians" on the above topic.

As a Nigerian living in Ghana, I will try to shed more light...

You are advised to view this Ghanaian web site on the subject, and the hateful comments by hating Ghanaians, most of who "do not see beyond their noses" http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=344183&comment=0#com

There is no law against politicians campaigning on any global platform especially when you think you can speak to possible voters via the medium.

There are over 2 millions Nigerians residing in Ghana, and I can tell you that a majority are deeply interested in the elections and coming home to vote in fact.

This act by the Ghanaian government is as a result of the heightened xenophobia against Nigerian interests by its people. Several hate comments were made against Nigeria on several Ghanaian stations (radio & tv), Ghana web sites and many other media simply because of the seemingly harmless adverts. This is not uncommon tho.

I speak as a Nigerian working & living in Ghana.. till I resign or get transferred back by my coy. I can tell you that the first hand experience of this subject is not particularly pleasant.

Posterity will not forget this and many other acts of hate against Nigeria by our West African brothers and sisters. If they don't learn from history, it will simply repeat itself...
asts-bashing-by-nigerian-officials.html

Below is a letter from the Ghana High
Commission in Nigeria to a Nigerian newspaper,
appealing to Nigerian government officials to
refrain from spreading falsehood about Ghana.
SIR: I am compelled to write to express serious
concern about a couple of statements by some
top Nigerian officials about Ghana in recent
weeks. Last month, Defence Minister Godwin
Abbe was quoted as saying, "the volume of
water generated in Ghana is not enough to
flush toilets in Lagos State, the number of
teachers you have to pay salaries in the whole
of Ghana is not more than Western Nigeria so
that is that. And the whole of Ghanaian Armed
Forces, if you choose to know, is not more than
just two brigades of the Nigerian Armed Forces,
period."
Only last weekend, Education Minister Sam
Egwu was on national radio talking about the
ongoing ASUU strike, and he made the most
ridiculous assertion that all the university
lecturers in Ghana will not be adequate for a
single university in Nigeria! This is a blatant
falsehood. Anyone who had been to the
University of Ghana Legon (with a student
population of more than 40,000), can testify to
the fact that probably no university in Nigeria
has more space and facilities than Legon. And
there are at least five more public universities
in Ghana. There are also a dozen privately-
owned universities in Ghana, offering quality
education to Ghanaians and foreigners alike,
including a growing number of Nigerians.
And in the case of the defence minister, we do
not know where he got his information from
regarding the current strength of the Ghana
armed forces. Needless to say that the
Ghanaian military is one of the best trained on
the continent and had performed exceptionally
well in various international assignments. The
entire first generation of Nigerian military
officers, including Generals Olusegun Obasanjo,
Hassan Katsina and Adebayo were all trained in
Ghana. Ghanaian army generals have
commanded UN troops in Lebanon, Liberia,
Rwanda, Darfur, etc over the years.
Information Minister Dora Akunyili also told a
local television network at the end of August
that the whole of Ghana is not even up to the
size of Lagos! Even a child in kindergarten
knows that to be untrue. Government officials,
unlike private citizens, traditionally tend to be
circumspect about what they say about other
countries. Ghana is smaller than Nigeria, and I
reckon everyone knows that as a fact. And it is
certainly not the only country in the world that
is smaller than Nigeria. Or is it? Or have
Nigerian government officials only suddenly
realised how 'small' Ghana is?
Our concern really is that such reckless and
unguarded comments could have grave
implications for bilateral relations and derail
efforts by leaders of the two countries to forge
strong bilateral ties. We think President Umaru
Yar'Adua should call his ministers to order. The
Ghana bashing must stop! Ghana is a well-
respected member of the international
community, and deserves respect from
Nigerians, particularly top government officials.
http://m.modernghana.com/news/237236/1/ghana-protests-bashing-by-nigerian-officials.html

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Jonathan's Massive Transformation In The Critical Sectors / 2016: Hillary Clinton May Delay Campaign / China To Buy More Crude Oil From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.