Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,530 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:19 PM

Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert (1666 Views)

Pictures From Olamide Live In Concert – New York Edition / Eniola Badmus At Olamide's Live In Concert 2015 (Photo) / Tonto Dike Churchill Vs Dabota Lawson: Who Nailed It Better With This Hairstyle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2006
Today Madonna is going to give a concert in germany.

As part of her show she is going to be "nailed" on a cross.

The Catholic church has pressed charges and the precaution is going to watch the show to see if this is possible.

In Germany a sentence of 3 years to a fine is possible.

But first they have to watch the show and see if Madonna has in anyway offended the Catholic church in her show.

Not withstanding that she wants to attract attention to hungry kids in Africa with her show tonight.

let me see if there is a link
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2006
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by gigitte(f): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2006
lol if they can put her in jail they should, nonsense woman, just cos ur stealing and giving to the poor doesnt make stealing right (not tht im saying shes stealling money)

but for her to be nailed on the cross while she is singing irrevently carnal songs is just plain sacrilege and is making fun of the fact that jesus died for our sins. can madonna die for her own sins to save herself talkless of the whole world? dont know why other denominations are not trying to fight this. she actually did this nonsense two miles from the vatican

can you imagine her going to jerusalem and trying to have sex with the torah or dressed up as a nazi with a swastika?
(even tho swastikas are a sign of good fortune in parts of india im sure she would have been called antisemitic if she did that)
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by Seun(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2006
You can't be jailed in Nigeria for "offending the church". Germany apparently sucks!
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by kiki(f): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2006
Seun:

You can't be jailed in Nigeria for "offending the church". Germany apparently sucks!

lol i know i don't think anything is wrong with it it's just a show
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by Raymand(m): 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2006
Madonna is still alive? i thought they stoned her to death in rome? what's this world turning to?
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by gigitte(f): 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2006
@ kiki can you imagine if you went to a show and they were making anti semitic gestures and comments. do you think the rest of the world will say its just a show

@ seun, its not a matter of offending the church, she is showing blatant and deliberate disrespect for a community of ppl and the beliefs they hold most dear. imagine if she went to iraq dressed up as mohammed and started singing a song, wont ppl saying she was disrespecting the religion and the iraqis. even worse can she go to isreal and dress up as hitler or be writhing around like an auschwitz inmate, can she? wont they she is being anti-semitic. the fact we have said, we dont like it, she should stop. no, she had to go and do her show two miles away from the vatican.

this world is so two sided. there is free speech yes, so ppl should be allowed to make anti- semitic comments without fear of reprecussion if they can be allowed to make anti-catholic and anti-christian statements
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2006
Well if at all they already want to press charges tomorrow.
Its not funny i know and one can use other means for a show.
But some how i have to thing of the middle ageand the witch hunting period.
By the way its only the Catholic church pressing charges not all.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by gigitte(f): 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2006
wassup mamaput, i read your watermelon toto comment lol.
anyway, yeah i know its only the catholic church thts concerned and i really wonder why, i think its cos madonna used to be catholic and she sorta has particular ish with the church. she was the one that started that rosary is jewelry nonsense.

i get where the witch hunting is coming from, but madonna has been baiting the church for waaaay too long. look at that her like a prayer video. where she was cavorting with one black jesus like that. everytime she does it, they will say they arent finding it funny and she will thumb her nose. i think she's silly
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2006
One political party has criticized the church saying they should move with time. and they will only succeed in loosing alot of young Catholic members.
Madonnas black Jesus is closer to Jesus than any white Jesus we have seen so far.
And she has brought a lot of people to think God.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by gigitte(f): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2006
lol mamaput, you ever heard of master serving servant
why should God move with times and kow tow to the wishes of the ppl he created
nonsense, i prefer the church to be small and holy than filled with filler. after was noah not the only good man in the land? its not like it hasnt happened before

as for the black jesus, i wasnt commenting on his colour, who cares if he was green or the real jesus was black or swarthy or light blue. she was cavorting around with him indecently and as if he was her lover boy.

sorry but im not really sure how she brought a lot of ppl to think God unless its on her own slightly twisted terms, as if God is meant to be your lover boy. nah she justs like to incite the church.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2006
I know what you mean.
But thats just it.
Out of the blue no matter how, she makes people think about God.
I mean her name alone.
Am sure its because of her the Rosary has become very morden,even if most people do not know what to do with it.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2006
lol mamaput, you ever heard of master serving servant

Jesus washed the feet of his disciples.

Ps The story of the water melon is close to the truth.lets make it an egg.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by gigitte(f): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2006
grin come mamaput i didnt mean tht one now lol.
maybe i should i said master bowing to the wishes of servant. imagine if peter had said make we begin to fornicate with women of the temple since everybody is doing it, would jesus have said yes?

as for rosaries modern as they may be now, i'd rather they'd be obsolete than ppl be wearing it as jewelry

why should we make it an egg cool
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2006
The truth is non of us will every know if God moves with time.
But think about the times when the chruch was killing people for Blasphemy.
Even saying the world was round and not flat was Blasphemy.
Many people were acussed of witchcraft and put to death by the church.
But The church dose not have so much power any more.
There was even a time they said that blacks have no souls. And that was not too long ago.
are you sure you want to turn back the time of the church.?
Your example with peter is an extrem example.
But do not forget even Mary magdalene found favour in the eyes of Jesus.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by gigitte(f): 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2006
all those things you said have to do with the church as a human institution which is flawed. it has moved on and apologised (altho i dont know anything about that blk soul comment), i used the example of peter becausing that is what some extreme ppl are asking, saying times have changed, fornication is not bad again, you have to differentiate between teh church as being human and as being directed by God. some things are dogma and can never be changed

anyway as for madonna, she is certainly not acting like mary magdalene, mary knew what was up with herself, madonna doesnt. and best believe that madonna is just trying to bait the church
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 10:46pm On Aug 20, 2006
The sex thing ok

emmmm Well there are lesser sins. grin cheesy lipsrsealed

But in some countries you can be stoned to death for that.

By the way what did Jesus mean by give to god what is gods and to Cesar what is Cesars

Is it not all about abiding to the laws of the state.?
Do in Rome as the Romans do.
which brings us back to Madonna.

The Church is using the state to prosecute her.
If the state Germany had no such law, the church would have benn helpless now.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by gigitte(f): 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2006
go read my earlier posts, if there can be laws against anti-semitism
same should go for islam/christianity/catholicism
yes the church shouldnt use the state to prosecute her, but if they can why not, esp since other groups enjoy that same right

any i have to go now
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2006
Good night.

by the way there are such laws but its different from country to country.
Germany cannot sue her if she broke this "German law" in England or were ever.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by Seun(m): 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2006
Germany sucks, sucks, sucks! tongue
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2006
We held the best world cup ever grin
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by kiki(f): 12:36am On Aug 21, 2006
Seun:

Germany sucks, sucks, sucks! tongue

damn y u hate germany so much
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by Seun(m): 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2006
So has Madonna been arrested? cheesy

Nah, I don't hate Germany. Wait a minute, it's politically incorrect not to hate Germany, right?
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2006
No she was not arrested.
The persecution found that her show was very provoking but no offense was committed.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by iice(f): 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2006
Wasnt there something also about her performing in Russia, something about not allowing her to perform if she went ahead with certain aspects of her concert. . .dunno i cant really remember sha
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2006
Thats another story, they do not want her to come at all.
They say if she comes they will kidnapp her kids.
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by iice(f): 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2006
oh yes, the kidnapping threat. So i guess the Russian trip is cancelled then right?
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by mamaput(f): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2006
madonna has made no comment to that yet.
Well i have not heard of any. Only that Madonna is playing cool
Re: Madonna To Be 'Nailed To Cross' In Concert by gigitte(f): 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2006
i just read that there will be a quarter of a million ppl at the thing so they are moving it to an airfield
i guess the show is still on

(1) (Reply)

It's Been My Dream To Marry A Yoruba Man; Says Igbo Actress Uche Iwuji / Revealed-what Nobody Knows About Omotola, Genevieve , And Kate Henshaw.. / Check Ou Tiwa Savage's Outfit To 2014 BET Awards Red Carpet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.