Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? (2301 Views)

ONDO 2016: Ijaws People Reject Jegede’s Deputy, Back Akeredolu / SE Governors Must Reject The Ministry of Power,Wks and Housing Budget Allocation / New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by Jnrbayerno(m): 11:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
I have noticed severally that a lot of people dislike and reject the new note...why is it so?

I was in a bus today and the conductor gave a woman the new note note she rejected it and requested for the old one

Another was when I gave a man the note, he kept looking at it and asked if I had the old one, I said no and asked what the problem is, he said , he doesn't just like it...e.t.c
So fellow nairalanders, what do you think is the reason behind this?
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 11:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
The supposedly star of David on it makes Muslims go gaga

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by KenJak(m): 11:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dont mind them. Muslims are always in search of trouble. They are rejecting it cos of the removal of their arabic sign and cos of the inclusion of the Jewish sign.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by 9jaforlife: 11:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
GBTYO:

KenJak:
Dont mind them. Muslims are always in search of trouble. They are rejecting it cos of the removal of their arabic sign and cos of the inclusion of the Jewish sign.

Bigots! Did the Op even mention that those who rejected the notes were Muslims

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by spyroxy1(m): 11:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
KenJak:
GBTYO:

You people are....

Did the OP mention Muslims in d post? If we continue hating ourselves ...and allow religion, ethnicity, tribe or even race to becloud our reasoning. we won't get anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by KenJak(m): 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
spyroxy1:

You people are....

Did the OP mention Muslims in d post? If we continue hating ourselves ...and allow religion, ethnicity, tribe or even race to becloud our reasoning. we won't get anywhere.
No, you are wrong. The truth is, Most people rejecting it are muslims.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
9jaforlife:

Bigots! Did the Op even mention that those who rejected the notes were Muslims

We don't need to know which religion motivated the suicide bomber .

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by falconey(m): 12:03am On Jan 28, 2015
Why introduce new note is it part of the development? The money used to produce that is a waste ........FG they reason at all?
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by BrightEye(m): 12:04am On Jan 28, 2015
Some people are just afraid of loosing any amount, they simply don't what to collect fake money, and this is out of ignorance.

They only need assurance.
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by ROCKJ1(m): 12:07am On Jan 28, 2015
People are not used to it yet and they don't want to mistakenly collect fake.
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by femtan: 12:08am On Jan 28, 2015
As for me,I dislike the purple colour of the note. Whenever I was given as change ,I made sure it didn't last that day with me . Spend it quick,quick.
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by 9jaforlife: 12:10am On Jan 28, 2015
GBTYO:

We don't need to know which religion motivated the suicide bomber .

Was it the suicide bomber that rejected the note?

You're suffering from CHRONIC ISLAMOPHOBIA cheesy .

No wonder you just called Obama a Muslim in another thread... grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 12:11am On Jan 28, 2015
9jaforlife:

Was it the suicide bomber that rejected the note?

You're suffering from CHRONIC ISLAMOPHOBIA cheesy .

No wonder you just called Obama a Muslim in another thread... grin grin
Nothing like Islamophobia in my book.

Any Kafir not weary of his neck around you muslims is either suicidal or retardded or both!
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by 9jaforlife: 12:17am On Jan 28, 2015
KenJak:

Hmm.... You asked all of them if they were Muslims Abi?

And since you said "most" of them are Muslims, are the supposedly few Christians who are rejecting it also angry about the removal of Arabic writings and inclusion of the star of David

You just find the flimsiest, most absurd and unreasonable excuse to bash Muslims!! It won't get you anywhere cool
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 12:22am On Jan 28, 2015
9jaforlife:

And since you said "most" of them are Muslims, are the supposedly few Christians who are rejecting it also angry about the removal of Arabic writings and inclusion of the star of David

You just find the flimsiest, most absurd and unreasonable excuse to bash Muslims!! It won't get you anywhere cool

Muslim Group Challenges Jonathan On New Naira

Prominent Muslim group, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has expressed concern over what it termed a Jewish symbol on the country’s new N100 note, the Nigerian Tribune reports.

The statement read in part:“The Federal Government, on November 12, 2014 unveiled the new design for the N100 commemorative centenary banknote which will be officially issued on December 19.
“However, the office of the Muslim Rights Concern has been inundated with calls for action on the Jewish symbol on the new note. Nigerian Muslims are complaining that the Arabic writing in Hausa language (the Ajami script) that read ‘Naira Dari’ (i.e. one hundred naira) on the N100 note has been removed and replaced with the Jewish symbol, the Star of David.
“As a faith-based human rights organisation which believes in the dialogue option, MURIC is duty bound to articulate the demands of Nigerian Muslims, particularly on matters which have to do with imbalance in treatment of the adherents of the different religions governments (federal or state).

“MURIC recalls that Arabic inscriptions which have always been on Nigerian currency since independence were unceremoniously removed in 2005 from N5, N10, N20 and N50 denominations. They remained on N100, N200, N500 and N1,000 denominations.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/330023-muslim-group-challenges-jonathan.html
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 12:25am On Jan 28, 2015
9jaforlife don run grin
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by 9jaforlife: 12:28am On Jan 28, 2015
GBTYO:

Nothing like Islamophobia in my book.

Any Kafir not weary of his neck around you muslims is either suicidal or retardded or both!

Okk... You're not suffering from Islamophobia but you just delight in hating Muslims...

You're a good example of a Christian with the way you "love your neighbour"

If hating is what makes you happy, who am I to stop you from doing what your heart desires? More powers to you!!!

Imagine you calling Obama a Muslim; you're really suffering o cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 12:31am On Jan 28, 2015
9jaforlife:

Okk... You're not suffering from Islamophobia but you just delight in hating Muslims...

You're a good example of a Christian with the way you "love your neighbour"

If hating is what makes you happy, who am I to stop you from doing what your heart desires? More powers to you!!!

Imagine you calling Obama a Muslim; you're really suffering o cheesy cheesy cheesy

Better for me that you know that I know how you guys reason.
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by KenJak(m): 12:31am On Jan 28, 2015
9jaforlife:

The christian that are not collecting it is cos the muslims are rejecting it from their hands. See, I dislike no religion, I have several muslims friends but the truth must just be told.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by 9jaforlife: 12:35am On Jan 28, 2015
KenJak:

The christian that are not collecting it is cos the muslims are rejecting it from their hands. See, I dislike no religion, I have several muslims friends but the truth must just be told.

Na wah ooo! So why can't they spend it for Christians? The kind of excuse that you guys make! It really shows that you dislike no religion... Tell that to a baby pls
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 12:36am On Jan 28, 2015
9jaforlife:

Na wah ooo! So why can't they spend it for Christians? The kind of excuse that you guys make! It really shows that you dislike no religion... Tell that to a baby pls

In case you did not see this post
GBTYO:

Prominent Muslim group, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has expressed concern over what it termed a Jewish symbol on the country’s new N100 note, the Nigerian Tribune reports.
The statement read in part:“The Federal Government, on November 12, 2014 unveiled the new design for the N100 commemorative centenary banknote which will be officially issued on December 19.
“However, the office of the Muslim Rights Concern has been inundated with calls for action on the Jewish symbol on the new note. Nigerian Muslims are complaining that the Arabic writing in Hausa language (the Ajami script) that read ‘Naira Dari’ (i.e. one hundred naira) on the N100 note has been removed and replaced with the Jewish symbol, the Star of David.
“As a faith-based human rights organisation which believes in the dialogue option, MURIC is duty bound to articulate the demands of Nigerian Muslims, particularly on matters which have to do with imbalance in treatment of the adherents of the different religions governments (federal or state).

“MURIC recalls that Arabic inscriptions which have always been on Nigerian currency since independence were unceremoniously removed in 2005 from N5, N10, N20 and N50 denominations. They remained on N100, N200, N500 and N1,000 denominations.
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by 9jaforlife: 12:53am On Jan 28, 2015
GBTYO:

GBTYO:
9jaforlife don run grin

You're living in a fool's paradise...
You quoted me by cutting and pasting a previous post just to back up your baseless claim, then, only 3minutes later, you submit another post while laughing, claiming that I ran ? From what? You

The mission of hating Muslims that you've embarked upon is cutting deep into your sanity. Desist before it gets too late! cool
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 12:59am On Jan 28, 2015
9jaforlife:

You're living in a fool's paradise...
You quoted me by cutting and pasting a previous post just to back up your baseless claim, then, only 3minutes later, you submit another post while laughing, claiming that I ran ? From what? You

The mission of hating Muslims that you've embarked upon is cutting deep into your sanity. Desist before it gets too late! cool

kindly refute the fact that a muslim group petitioned the FG citing muslim concerns of the new naira note being absolutely haram becos of what they saw as a symbol resembling the star of David.

and stop venting your boko ways
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by 9jaforlife: 1:01am On Jan 28, 2015
GBTYO:

In case you did not see this post

If you read the whole of that thread, you would see that I posted a comment on it. The only reason I why I ignored it now is because I have realized you're just a bigot who comments from a position of bias, thoughtlessness, absurdity and hate...

Knock yourself out! cool
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 4:48am On Jan 28, 2015
9jaforlife:

If you read the whole of that thread, you would see that I posted a comment on it. The only reason I why I ignored it now is because I have realized you're just a bigot who comments from a position of bias, thoughtlessness, absurdity and hate...

Knock yourself out! cool

HARAMITE
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by otokx(m): 4:53am On Jan 28, 2015
Its like the design phase was rushed, does not have that appeal.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by BRAV0O(m): 5:56am On Jan 28, 2015
Dear Mods,
Blocking some one comments on the forum is not a good way to go about supporting mediocre
You'll future and your children children future is at stake here
Pls let's everything that happen here be free and fair

Thank you for ur anticipated co operation

To the topic;

The new #100 notes doesn't have a taste or flavor of didgital currency like those one we spent today
It look old, I mean like 80s type and it some how look fake
Don't no what kind of mind behind the design sha
Me self not too gbadun it jare

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by 9jaforlife: 11:48am On Jan 28, 2015
GBTYO:

HARAMITE

You've resorted to name calling.
I'm sure you spent your whole night reading that thread on the Muslim Cleric & the new note, looking for something to indict me cheesy

But even when you're exhausted of more lies to post, you still have the need to type something and post... Anything! It doesn't matter to you how ridiculous your comments make you look, you just have to post anyway angry

People like you aren't really fighting for no religion, you're just a shameless, attention seeking looser!

You can go on to post your absolute nonsense... At least you are fulfilling your chosen purpose in life, CONGRATULATIONS smiley
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
9jaforlife:

You've resorted to name calling.
I'm sure you spent your whole night reading that thread on the Muslim Cleric & the new note, looking for something to indict me cheesy

But even when you're exhausted of more lies to post, you still have the need to type something and post... Anything! It doesn't matter to you how ridiculous your comments make you look, you just have to post anyway angry

People like you aren't really fighting for no religion, you're just a shameless, attention seeking looser!

You can go on to post your absolute nonsense... At least you are fulfilling your chosen purpose in life, CONGRATULATIONS smiley

Hamarite.
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by Taamy: 7:52am On Jan 29, 2015
Yes u r rit nd i dont knw wher dis wuld take us to in dis nation.dis christains complain when other denomination has d arabic on it,my sis told me how her class mate dat was a muslim complained bitterly abt d new note not avin d arabic sign.buh come to tink of it nigeria is not one religion nation.God wuld help us o nd intervene in d affairs of dis nation
KenJak:

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by femicyrus(m): 8:34am On Jan 29, 2015
Nobody want to receive anything associated with badluck. At the right time, we will embrace that money but for now anything abt gej is a symbol of badluck. Oil, super eagle, exchange rate etc now have a share of badluck
Re: Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? by GBTYO: 8:37am On Jan 29, 2015
femicyrus:
Nobody want to receive anything associated with badluck. At the right time, we will embrace that money but for now anything abt gej is a symbol of badluck. Oil, super eagle, exchange rate etc now have a share of badluck

You better start believing in change because you have been living in a changing society since 2011.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caught On Camera-is This How To Win Election?(photo) / Picture Of Me And Alhaji Ibrahim Geidam The Governor Of Yobe State. / Caption This Photo Of Saraki & His Rival Senator Ahmed Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.