Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed (1707 Views)

Eye Doctors Commit "Passing-off" sealing up eye dops' brand names / Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? / Medical Doctors, Please Be Honest, Why Is Staph. Resistant To Antibiotics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed by doeying(m): 1:14am On Jan 28, 2015
i am sure there are eye doctors in the house...Please i need your help...

i went to the optician in my school's health center to get glasses for the first time...
he went straight for refraction, and tested a variety of lenses on me...he figured out the ones he was testing were too low
so he took me to a machine i had to look through...the machine had an image of a house on a farmland..

the doctor exclamated when he saw the results from the machine(he did it three times to be sure).
he said my lenses were "special lenses" and that my eye were really not so good.

i took a peek into my file and i saw something like this

right-planol 5.00DC X 15degree
left -planol 5.00 DC X 165degree

the doctor said something like OBLIQUE ASTIGMATISM...

MEDICAL HISTORY
last year, i started my journey on fixing my eyes, so i went to LASUTH in ikeja,lagos.

the doctors there, after looking into my eyes with this device that brings light and measurement,
they were amazed, they kept on calling other doctors to see and recheck if they had been wrong...
i asked them what went wrong, and they said my readings were way beyond normal,
they explained to me that every normal person had like a reading of 0.2,0.3 but mine was about 0.9...
they kept telling me to come back, which i did,...i did other tests with various machines

one machine that spits a liquid into the eye...
the machine with the farmland and a house
another one where i had to press a button for every red dot i see...

after a lot of coming back and forth, i went to the refraction room where they recommended glasses, but here is the thing,
the person that was to give the recommended glasses said he could not give me because they were very high and i would not be able to handle them as a first timer(i have never used glasses)...

on another accasion, i went to LAUTECH in ogbomosho,osun state for another eye test and it was the same story over and over...someone even recommended surgery...

but up till now, they did not give me another alternative yet they refused to give me glasses...

I REALLY TRUST THE HEALTH NAIRALANDERS, SO PLEASE I NEED YOUR OPINIONS AND WHAT YOU PROPOSE I SHOULD DO...
Re: Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed by dunhill20: 7:08am On Jan 28, 2015
doeying:

i went to the optician in my school's health center to get glasses for the first time...
he went straight for refraction, and tested a variety of lenses on me...he figured out the ones he was testing were too low
so he took me to a machine i had to look through...the machine had an image of a house on a farmland..

the doctor exclamated when he saw the results from the machine(he did it three times to be sure).
he said my lenses were "special lenses" and that my eye were really not so good.

MEDICAL HISTORY
last year, i started my journey on fixing my eyes, so i went to LASUTH in ikeja,lagos.

the doctors there, after looking into my eyes with this device that brings light and measurement,
they were amazed, they kept on calling other doctors to see and recheck if they had been wrong...
they explained to me that every normal person had like a reading of 0.2,0.3 but mine was about 0.9...
they kept telling me to come back, which i did,...i did other tests with various machines

after a lot of coming back and forth, i went to the refraction room where they recommended glasses, but here is the thing,
the person that was to give the recommended glasses said he could not give me because they were very high and i would not be able to handle them as a first timer(i have never used glasses)...

on another accasion, i went to LAUTECH in ogbomosho,osun state for another eye test and it was the same story over and over...someone even recommended surgery...

but up till now, they did not give me another alternative yet they refused to give me glasses...

I REALLY TRUST THE HEALTH NAIRALANDERS, SO PLEASE I NEED YOUR OPINIONS AND WHAT YOU PROPOSE I SHOULD DO...
billberry is a herb that improves vision. With combination of billberry, vitamin a,c and e, beta carotene, billberry disrupt the growth of cataract. Billberry with combination of omega 3 fatty acids, it hinders the progress of glaucoma. What u need is eyebrite and omega plus. Many people will tell u different things but this is the best treatment to any eye problem. Whatsapp 08136478517 for further questions.
Re: Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed by doeying(m): 2:34am On Jan 29, 2015
please still help here
Re: Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed by dunhill20: 11:44am On Jan 29, 2015
doeying:
please still help here
tot iv given u a solution. Why nt take a step and ask ur doctor if eyebrite and omega plus can help ur vision. Do a research.
Re: Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed by jauntty: 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
doeying:

MEDICAL HISTORY

If you have asked the question on this Eye thread, u would have gotten answer faster. www.nairaland.com/1901983/ask-eye-doctor-problem-concerning. Basically, from ur write-up, u have VERY HIGH ASTIGMATISM. They did an Eye Pressure test (IOP), a Visual Field Assessment and Auto-Refraction for glasses. That value frm AutoRef is quite high and maybe uncomfortable, what I would have suggested is for them to start u with smth smaller that u can adjust and be comfortable with.

1 Like

Re: Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed by doeying(m): 7:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
dunhill20:
tot iv given u a solution. Why nt take a step and ask ur doctor if eyebrite and omega plus can help ur vision. Do a research.

i would do that...thank you very much...i just felt i should get more insights...thank you
Re: Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed by doeying(m): 8:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
jauntty:
If you have asked the question on this Eye thread, u would have gotten answer faster. www.nairaland.com/1901983/ask-eye-doctor-problem-concerning. Basically, from ur write-up, u have VERY HIGH ASTIGMATISM. They did an Eye Pressure test (IOP), a Visual Field Assessment and Auto-Refraction for glasses. That value frm AutoRef is quite high and maybe uncomfortable, what I would have suggested is for them to start u with smth smaller that u can adjust and be comfortable with.

thank you very much...yes those are the names of the tests...i have posted it on the thread you sent and i am awaiting his(drsteroid) reply
Re: Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed by jauntty: 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
dunhill20:
Eyebrite and Omega plus r only good for d overall ocular health and for the photoreceptive cells. What he has is basically a REFRACTIVE ERROR and Eyebrite/Omega plus WILL NOT solve that. I doubt if u even understood his problem b4 advising on Eyebrite. Am an Eye Doctor and so I know what am saying.
Re: Eye Doctors, Please Help Needed by obynaDmob(m): 10:02am On Jan 31, 2015
Basically the 0.2 or 0.3 thing was your cup to disc ratio. A quick method of checking glaucomatous suspects, yours was quite large 0.9 if u heard correctly, meaning ur eyes have probably moved to the case of a neuropathy .. Meaning an excavation of blood vessels at the back of your eye and deepening of the cup, a strong indication of glaucoma. Coupled with your astigmatism, which is actually on the very high side. Ur immediate concern should be your ocular health, if u are around Lagos try visiting the army eye center Bonny cantonment VI, or a very good eye center. It's important u do that quickly.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Weight Gain / The Glutathione Healing Miracle / The Menace Of Drug Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.