Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women (39986 Views)

11 Secrets Man Should Never Reveal To His Wife / 7 Movies Every Married And Unmarried Couple Should Watch / 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
What if he does all the things and ladies where nw more
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
stevewale:
A wise man once told me that when I find myself around single women, especially when I find them attractive or interesting, I should mention my wife and family early in the conversation. I have found this advice to be very useful on many occasions.

Fellow husbands, I have found the above advice and the other tips at the bottom to be essential in keeping my marriage healthy and strong. I want my marriage to be strong and healthy, and so should you! In fact, it’s one of the biggest responsibilities in your marriage. 

So let’s dig deeper into this subject. Where are some common places that you might run into this scenario? For many of you, it could easily happen at work. You could be starting a new job and find yourself around a lot of nice, new women. When this happens, you have to make the choice to embrace their attention or extinguish it in a friendly way by mentioning your beautiful wife and family.

For some of you, you have been working around the same women for some time. You might have chosen many times to engage in flirty conversation or to go out with co-workers after work. If this is you and your wife is at home waiting for you, then it’s time to step back and assess your position as the husband and leader. Take the necessary steps to make your relationship with your wife the most important one again and don’t forget it. Lead, gentlemen, lead!

Even though those were only a couple of quick examples, I know there are a few of you out there who need to step up your role as a husband. Those examples don’t apply to you? Then consider who you know and talk to at your gym, the grocery store, the local hangout or wherever. These “simple” places could produce difficult relationships that will harm your relationship and love with your wife. Man up and do what needs to be done for your marriage!

Now that I have your attention, here are five things every married man should do around single women:

1. Keep your ring on. There are very few exceptions for when that ring needs to be off, like when operating heavy machinery, swimming in shark-infested waters and the like. If you are about to enter a situation that makes you look at your ring and consider if you need it on or not, leave! Run! Get away from there! Seriously, get out of that situation; your vows, marriage, children and more depend on those important decisions. (Read Luke 16:10.)

2. Hang up pictures of your wife at work. A married man in this position would be wise to pick out a couple of great and fun photos of him and his wife and keep them displayed at his office or place of work. Pick a time that was fun for two reasons: It will remind you why you love her so much, and it will make for a great conversation tool when others, especially women, ask about it. Update the image as needed to keep the people around you knowing your relationship is continuing to grow. Get that picture up this week and extinguish those flames. (Read Psalm 119:37.)

3. Keep eye contact simple and short. Don’t read this the wrong way; I’m not saying to be rude. I’m saying to be careful where your eyes travel and how long they travel when you are in the presence of an attractive single woman. You know that once you engage in the first serious look, you have signed the dotted line for more eye trouble. (Read more about that “first look” here.) Keep it short, keep it decisive, and move on. Get back to that image posted at your desk. Go! (Read Matthew 5:28.)

4. Keep conversation general and professional. If you work around single women, there is no question that conversation will come up. It’s up to you on how you decide to speak with her. You can choose to keep it short and general, you can choose to keep it professional, or you can choose to keep it off of those and allow it go places it shouldn't. Be polite but very intentional in your conversations. If needed, again, always be ready to bring up something about your wife or family. Pull the pin, aim, and extinguish. Safety first. (Read Romans 6:13.)

5. Talk about your wife and family often. Did I mention anything about talking about your wife in conversation yet? I believe I did, but this last point brings the idea to a firm home. The single women you engage with each day, if you have to, should be no match to your wife and family. Your family should be your first priority wherever you are and with whomever you encounter each day. Yes, each and every day. Keep it short, keep it simple, and mention your beautiful wife. Now pat yourself on the back and keep it up. (Read Ephesians 5:25-33.)

Important note: No matter what you have done with your current relationships with single women, these steps can and should be started at anytime. Your wife’s feelings are and will always be more important than the woman you need to take these steps with. Get on it!

I challenge you to take these bold steps for you, your marriage and your family. Again, it’s your responsibility to lead!

List one of your own tips below, and let’s help out our fellow husbands.

Source: http://www.mydominioncity.com/blogs/18-educational/46-5-things-every-married-man-should-do-around-single-women

best write up of the century...hope u guys will learn

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by MadCow1: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
stevewale:
A wise man once told me that when I find myself around single women, especially when I find them attractive or interesting, I should mention my wife and family early in the conversation. I have found this advice to be very useful on many occasions.

Fellow husbands, I have found the above advice and the other tips at the bottom to be essential in keeping my marriage healthy and strong. I want my marriage to be strong and healthy, and so should you! In fact, it’s one of the biggest responsibilities in your marriage. 

So let’s dig deeper into this subject. Where are some common places that you might run into this scenario? For many of you, it could easily happen at work. You could be starting a new job and find yourself around a lot of nice, new women. When this happens, you have to make the choice to embrace their attention or extinguish it in a friendly way by mentioning your beautiful wife and family.

For some of you, you have been working around the same women for some time. You might have chosen many times to engage in flirty conversation or to go out with co-workers after work. If this is you and your wife is at home waiting for you, then it’s time to step back and assess your position as the husband and leader. Take the necessary steps to make your relationship with your wife the most important one again and don’t forget it. Lead, gentlemen, lead!

Even though those were only a couple of quick examples, I know there are a few of you out there who need to step up your role as a husband. Those examples don’t apply to you? Then consider who you know and talk to at your gym, the grocery store, the local hangout or wherever. These “simple” places could produce difficult relationships that will harm your relationship and love with your wife. Man up and do what needs to be done for your marriage!

Now that I have your attention, here are five things every married man should do around single women:

1. Keep your ring on. There are very few exceptions for when that ring needs to be off, like when operating heavy machinery, swimming in shark-infested waters and the like. If you are about to enter a situation that makes you look at your ring and consider if you need it on or not, leave! Run! Get away from there! Seriously, get out of that situation; your vows, marriage, children and more depend on those important decisions. (Read Luke 16:10.)

2. Hang up pictures of your wife at work. A married man in this position would be wise to pick out a couple of great and fun photos of him and his wife and keep them displayed at his office or place of work. Pick a time that was fun for two reasons: It will remind you why you love her so much, and it will make for a great conversation tool when others, especially women, ask about it. Update the image as needed to keep the people around you knowing your relationship is continuing to grow. Get that picture up this week and extinguish those flames. (Read Psalm 119:37.)

3. Keep eye contact simple and short. Don’t read this the wrong way; I’m not saying to be rude. I’m saying to be careful where your eyes travel and how long they travel when you are in the presence of an attractive single woman. You know that once you engage in the first serious look, you have signed the dotted line for more eye trouble. (Read more about that “first look” here.) Keep it short, keep it decisive, and move on. Get back to that image posted at your desk. Go! (Read Matthew 5:28.)

4. Keep conversation general and professional. If you work around single women, there is no question that conversation will come up. It’s up to you on how you decide to speak with her. You can choose to keep it short and general, you can choose to keep it professional, or you can choose to keep it off of those and allow it go places it shouldn't. Be polite but very intentional in your conversations. If needed, again, always be ready to bring up something about your wife or family. Pull the pin, aim, and extinguish. Safety first. (Read Romans 6:13.)

5. Talk about your wife and family often. Did I mention anything about talking about your wife in conversation yet? I believe I did, but this last point brings the idea to a firm home. The single women you engage with each day, if you have to, should be no match to your wife and family. Your family should be your first priority wherever you are and with whomever you encounter each day. Yes, each and every day. Keep it short, keep it simple, and mention your beautiful wife. Now pat yourself on the back and keep it up. (Read Ephesians 5:25-33.)

Important note: No matter what you have done with your current relationships with single women, these steps can and should be started at anytime. Your wife’s feelings are and will always be more important than the woman you need to take these steps with. Get on it!

I challenge you to take these bold steps for you, your marriage and your family. Again, it’s your responsibility to lead!

List one of your own tips below, and let’s help out our fellow husbands.

Source: http://www.mydominioncity.com/blogs/18-educational/46-5-things-every-married-man-should-do-around-single-women

A woman who wants to FHUCK a Married man would fhuck the guy, wether ehn wear ring o, play the DVD of their wedding, put their photo album for the office or even carry their twins for hand.. grin

Just saying.. grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by jkendy(m): 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
If a lady is truly determined to destroy your marriage, you can go ahead and read the 99 commandments of love nd marriage to her hearing..............

It can NEVER deter her from achieving her target.

Just pray you don't fall into the waiting hands of one

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by DickDastardly(m): 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
Reporting ........ wink
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by eazydon(m): 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
I never marry o
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2015
@OP.. obviously you have not been hanging around single women.. let me give you a hint. this post only works on Religious Folks and even barely
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2015
Mutuwa:
This same formula ur wise man told u is what av been applying for 7yrs now.But guess what..d women have become less immune to it.They tend to like u d more..why coz ur married.do you know how a woman looks at a man dt ihas been married for quiet a while,looking kempt ,jovial and filled with glee?dt means he is at par with his wyf and takes good care of her.this is where d competition to oust the wyf starts.Another woman's food always makes them salivate.

Am really humbled by your comments as it explains exactly how no matter holy one acts it means somethin diff.

Women like matured men,cos they know they take care of their responsibilities

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Emodeee: 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2015
As if dat will stop d ladies from invading his home.
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by xdos(m): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
Cherrywhite:
Hmmmm....very intresting.
And the wives with a philandering husband will be lyk''God pls let him read dis''.

I am not a philanderer but am pretty sure my wife in her mind would be like.. I pray he sees this.. I dont wear my ring not because I dont want to but because of safety concerns...
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by TwistedPair(m): 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
6. Don't keep many female friends wink

7 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Capitano1(m): 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
Are our hands ring Holders lol

SWEAT TOO MUCH Call now or order now as offer last
sweatLock!!!
It's our job to see you dry
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Karleb(m): 1:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
God forbid I marry at an early age to this kind of imprisonment!
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by ddhandsome2955: 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
I am married. I am guilty of not observing these points because of diver stating conjy. Some of you reading this is also guilty. If name lie swear.
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by NaijaOptimist: 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
Mutuwa:
This same formula ur wise man told u is what av been applying for 7yrs now.But guess what..d women have become less immune to it.They tend to like u d more..why coz ur married.do you know how a woman looks at a man dt ihas been married for quiet a while,looking kempt ,jovial and filled with glee?dt means he is at par with his wyf and takes good care of her.this is where d competition to oust the wyf starts.Another woman's food always makes them salivate.

ask today's married women about their singlehood, the reason why they turn FBI after marriage.

its a vicious circle.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by adanduka: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
A lot of men here are claiming that because of demonic ladies the list may not work. embarassed
Well, you have already decided those women are stronger than you.
Pls read the story of Joseph and Potiphar's wife in the bible.
You build or break down your home. It is up to you.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by naijaboiy: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
All these things go work so? cheesy

This guy never jam some single ladies...

Especially the desperados grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Cherrywhite(f): 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
I am not a philanderer but am pretty sure my wife in her mind would be like.. I pray he sees this.. I dont wear my ring not because I dont want to but because of safety concerns...

Hmmm,hmmm,hmmm,hmmmmm......
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by AriDsexy(f): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
jmoore:
Ain't ready for the ring. I will wear the ring on my wedding day. After that, it goes to its box.

Op, should I carry my marriage certificate everywhere I go?

No,u don't need to carry d certificate but u can carry d ring"everywhere u go"

Some ladies don't care about all ds list,as long as ur married,it even gives dem d spirit to push harder.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
9jatriot:

If you avoid them, does that mean they have avoided you??

Bible say "flee from the devil and he will flee from you". Can a woman continually pursue you when you avoid her completely? You be small pikin wey woman dey push about?
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
Nigerian Association of Married Men make una try face una wife jor Hian oh
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by blessingee: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
Jkendy: If a lady is truly determined to destroy your marriage, you can go ahead and read the 99 commandments of love nd marriage to her hearing..............

It can NEVER deter her from achieving her target.

Just pray you don't fall into the waiting hands of one

But avoiding them should help. Concluding that they are harmful and dangerous without avoiding them is like seeing a Lion afar without running, knowing fully well the lion can devour...
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
Cherrywhite:

Hmmm,hmmm,hmmm,hmmmmm......

No vex oh you be man or woman? Idongerrit
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by UglyGang(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
So married men can't even cheat in peace? FOH!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
All the men still complaining about the list know within their hearts that they enjoy frolicking around with ladies when married. Their comments have proved it. But when ladies say all men are the same, they will come in 100s and bash them. A person is giving you tips on how to avoid an ailment and you are still asking if the tips will work? You see why women cheat on you men in return? And you are the same people condemning runs babes! Hypocrisy!! After opening a thread on runs babes in the romance section, i knew a lot of these men here are very weak and easy to manipulate. You are all trying to say you are kids with no minds of your own. You are all woman wrappers incapable of controlling yourselves and women can control all of you! That means we women are sooooo powerful over you. LOL. I think women should see this as a huuuuuuuge compliment. We run the world afterall. smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by HopeAlive14(m): 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sin is a mystery!
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
Too many rules these days.
7 Ways To Clean Your Nyash
15 Steps To Dying Young
100 Ways To Make Amadioha Strike Your Enemies.
1 Reason To Steal From Oyedepo
30 Methods To Drink Orijin
92 Reasons You Should Marry Mammy Water

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sophyrocks:
All the men still complaining about the list know within their hearts that they enjoy frolicking around with ladies when married. Their comments have proved it. But when ladies say all men are the same, they will come in 100s and bash them. A person is giving you tips on how to avoid an ailment and you are still asking if the tips will work? You see why women cheat on you men in return? And you are the same people condemning runs babes! Hypocrisy!! After opening a thread on runs babes in the romance section, i knew a lot of these men here are very weak and easy to manipulate. You are all trying to say you are kids with no minds of your own. You are all woman wrappers incapable of controlling yourselves and women can control all of you! That means we women are sooooo powerful over you. LOL. I think women should see this as a huuuuuuuge compliment. We run the world afterall. smiley smiley

Please next time when commenting
Learn to use most..instead of you all

Cus this your comment is pointing to all men
And when I say all men I bet you know what that means ....?

#PEACE
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by naijaboiy: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sophyrocks:
what are you saying? undecided

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
naijaboiy:

what are you saying? undecided

Exactly what i said. Most of you here are weak and easy to control. thats what i got from the comments.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
kevinberry:

Please next time when commenting
Learn to use most..instead of you all

Cus this your comment is pointing to all men
And when I say all men I bet you know what that means ....?

#PEACE

I am refering to those who think the Op wont work. do you fall into this category? are you weak?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband To Divorce Wife For Addiction To Telemundo, Zeeworld / Couple Who Met In NYSC Camp Share Their Love Story With Lovely Family Photos / The Snake In My Neighbour's House!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.