Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates (7922 Views)

Buhari Presidency Kicks Off Job Scheme For Half A Million Unemployed Graduates / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates / 5 Smart Things Unemployed Graduates Can Do To Survive In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Sookul: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2015
I don't want to care about their motive but it's high time someone spoke out concerning their activities. -you know they are not genuine yet they pretend to be.
-you go prying into people's privacy to extract their private documents (resume and all)
-you now compose a genuine text for job interview and send for them irrespective of their location (and whatever engagement) to come to Lagos for your stupid job test/ interview.
- you still orchestrate/ fake interview wasting more of his time and raising his hopes.
-then when you are done fooling themselves and not anybody they will now roll out their dubious agenda.
-coundn't you have at the least apologized to those angry faces?- if i hear Or don't you know how much trasportation cost these days?
-are you also oblivious of how painful it is to be jobless?
-Now people ignore genuine interviews for the fear that it might be one of your pranks.- I'm sure you are happy.
Please people don't mind me but i think it's time we address this. Share your thought

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
They are wicked and desperate. They know if they reveal their identity, people will not honour their invitation for job interview as they are professional hustlers.
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
too bad
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by amii131(f): 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
tank God I didn't fall a victim of their scam the day I got invited for their interview couldn't wait to hear those long stories was abt leaving the venue one came giving me form for #500 to fill I rejected it and left for that amount for what later the gal I went with came to me regreting why she did that.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by richol(m): 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
I dont like gnld...just lyk buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by ekeneidiagbor: 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
GNLD is an organized scam...

Try TREVO... LEGITIMATE
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Sholy9ja: 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
Dey ar bastards
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by sekzy99(m): 6:33am On Jan 29, 2015
U guys sud knw genuie interview text/ mail and differentiate it frm scams
Dnt b desperate at all cost

2 Likes

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by sandyd: 7:33am On Jan 29, 2015
Very useless people once risked my life and traveled to ibadan from Abj night bus to only find out they where GNLD. I was just crying couldn't believe I fell for their scam.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 29, 2015
Fella,tis singly because they themselves did not have any other source of income (job) and they are just exploring every means to divulge the minds of fresh grads....All those GNLD ogas had already made it and if they don't continue the Networking biz using all their wretched networkers; then doom alerts...just be careful of interview invitation you respond to; always google search the name of the coy; most times they put number on their messages,if you call and the reply about the coy was shaky;then flee....they are just free to go to that extent of disturbance because of our nation predicament (unemployment)...in all; I wish us all SUCCESS in JobHunting....

1 Like

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by LadyX(f): 8:07am On Jan 29, 2015
This just reminded me of how those people robbed me without violence *sobs*

One day I received a text followed by a call from a lady. She was inviting me to attend an interview saying I was recommended by one of my former classmates. It sounded legit because I knew the person *recommendor*. However, she did not want to answer most questions saying they'd be answered during the interview. I called my former classmate to confirm. Fast forward...

I went for the 'interview' and met my classmate. When we entered the hall...omo come see people! There was a crowd of people. Most dressed nicely and looked professional. On checking the environment, I realized it was GNLD. With the kind of reputation it had undecided Anyway, I stayed. Presenter after presenter spoke about how they joined (some said they were hesitant to join- *just to convince people like me*) and how they had prospered. Then they talked about recruitment, the more people you bring the more you climb the ladder...na pyramid scheme be dat.

We were divided into groups and shown our *directors* some of whom had imported cars...they were still at the port and would be picked *next week*. They told us to register. I wasn't going to register (had told myself so from the start), but the kind of *juju* (sweet tongue) those people use..me no go say anytin.

Unfortunately I had around 10,000 naira. The registration form was around 7,200 naira. *foolish me* I bought the form. Then they wanted people to take products. They were even convincing people to borrow money. "How I am going to sell the products? There's no way I can hawk things around!" One of the *directors* told me not to worry because she worked in a pharmacy so she would help me sell. I wasn't convinced so I didn't take any product. I promised to take in the next meeting (I think they have monthly meetings).

When I got home, I decided to read what was in the registration kit (small bag written GNLD) with lots of papers inside. It was then I got a shocker...one of the products can't remember the name, so I'll call it *hair fertilizer* can be used on both human hair(not Brazilian, real hair) and vegetables. I was like what's this

I decided not to engage in anything related to GNLD. I learnt the hard way...Those people kept calling me. Hmmm! I tell you they can call. After around 2 months they stopped calling. GNLD should not deceive people that it's an interview.

Can you imagine someone conning me of my hard earned 7,200 just like that...Now am sobbing cry cry

Learn from my experience, don't be deceived.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by blinksgold(f): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2015
Sometimes I wonder ooooooo if they are not proud in what they do,why on earth will they invite others.
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by murphybo(m): 9:22am On Jan 29, 2015
I hate them with passion I risk my life with a night bus travelling to Lagos from Ado Ekiti cos I receive their message late getting to lagos @ midnight, and on getting to the interview center I got to know it was them. I was so sad
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by kepstone: 9:32am On Jan 29, 2015
Yes oh they sh fld b stopped. After my NYSC I came in contact with them n thr interview saga. D ladydt invited me was looking hagged, untidy. I was more richer danher. Wen I got tothere so claimed office in abuja c crowd I did not even stay for 1 min I jusr prayed lord help us in dis country a lot of ppl ar jobless. N dis scam call GNLD. Ar contributing too.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by deanoffaculty: 10:00am On Jan 29, 2015
All those GNLD guys are bundle of idiots.
I got a call from a man sometimes ago in hustling days from Abuja @ Cental area for a Job interview. DEM DON RAISE MY HOPE! On getting there I called the number and another person picked it, a lady this time around and asked me to wait and get a seat. After wasting like 2hours of my precious time,they now organized one nonsense training on their products and service. On my seat I was boiling...... I got up and luckily for me, the man picked the call. I told him that he should thank God that I did not set my eyes on him.
Another issue is that.....how do they get person's details?
Na wa for dem!

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by mickeysylva: 10:27am On Jan 29, 2015
Infact their own is much o... They should all be sentenced.
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 29, 2015
They played such on a friend, he suffered depression for a while. I could understand sad
To think he was made to go through all that alone dampened his spirits much sad
But, why does distribution have to be this way? Why not drop these products at stores for peeps to buy than looking for whom to slave-drive undecided undecided undecided sad

1 Like

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by bayulll01(m): 11:23am On Jan 29, 2015
LadyX:
This just reminded me of how those people robbed me without violence *sobs*

One day I received a text followed by a call from a lady. She was inviting me to attend an interview saying I was recommended by one of my former classmates. It sounded legit because I knew the person *recommendor*. However, she did not want to answer most questions saying they'd be answered during the interview. I called my former classmate to confirm. Fast forward...

I went for the 'interview' and met my classmate. When we entered the hall...omo come see people! There was a crowd of people. Most dressed nicely and looked professional. On checking the environment, I realized it was GNLD. With the kind of reputation it had undecided Anyway, I stayed. Presenter after presenter spoke about how they joined (some said they were hesitant to join- *just to convince people like me*) and how they had prospered. Then they talked about recruitment, the more people you bring the more you climb the ladder...na pyramid scheme be dat.

We were divided into groups and shown our *directors* some of whom had imported cars...they were still at the port and would be picked *next week*. They told us to register. I wasn't going to register (had told myself so from the start), but the kind of *juju* (sweet tongue) those people use..na thunder go fire am.

Unfortunately I had around 10,000 naira. The registration form was around 7,200 naira. *foolish me* I bought the form. Then they wanted people to take products. They were even convincing people to borrow money. "How I am going to sell the products? There's no way I can hawk things around!" One of the *directors* told me not to worry because she worked in a pharmacy so she would help me sell. I wasn't convinced so I didn't take any product. I promised to take in the next meeting (I think they have monthly meetings).

When I got home, I decided to read what was in the registration kit (small bag written GNLD) with lots of papers inside. It was then I got a shocker...one of the products can't remember the name, so I'll call it *hair fertilizer* can be used on both human hair(not Brazilian, real hair) and vegetables. I was like what's this

I decided not to engage in anything related to GNLD. I learnt the hard way...Those people kept calling me. Hmmm! I tell you they can call. After around 2 months they stopped calling. GNLD should not deceive people that it's an interview.

Can you imagine someone conning me of my hard earned 7,200 just like that...Now am sobbing cry cry

Learn from my experience, don't be deceived.
your story is a funny one,but u seff no try having realise they are gnld u suppose no buy the form,I think seun should do something on the advert placed on Job sections I can categorically tell you that 90percent of those jobs are from Gnld,and as a graduate I expect you to do thorough research on any coils u want to go for,simply past the address on google is as simple as that

1 Like

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by adanduka: 11:48am On Jan 29, 2015
I hope they call me so I can request for transport money.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by ejiykzazi2007(m): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Because you guys have not given them general beating one day...

6 Likes

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by MrEverest(m): 12:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
Too bad, those guys called GNLD are exploiting the helplessness of job seekers. I still wonder why they have not been called to order.
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by bayulll01(m): 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
ejiykzazi2007:
bro u got a point there,give them serious beating

2 Likes

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Viscy(m): 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
"
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Sookul: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
blinksgold:
Sometimes I wonder ooooooo if they are not proud in what they do,why on earth will they invite others.
beats me as well, nawaao
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by sheyoo1(f): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dos ppl r bunch of frustrated unfortunate idiots looking 4 whom 2 mk der lifes miserable lik ders...dey r so fake, av gone 4 der supposed interview 2ce n dos 2time i walked out cos av heard abt dem
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Sookul: 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
ejiykzazi2007:
I think you have a point. I bet you others will learn from that
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by BokoHaramm: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
blinksgold:
I was accosted by one when I was on my way to work and he asked me if I'm not tired of working for someone and I should start working for myself. I replied that I work for myself and I think he needs to work for someone because his shoes and clothes are nothing to write home about. The guy walked away feeling miserable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
i hate GNLD and the likes of them

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by OgologoDimkpa: 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
I thought GNLD is a network marketing embarassed
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by Nutase: 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
Please MODs please move to FP to save other people from falling victim.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by tolularson(f): 4:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
Re: Why Are These GNLD People Punishing Unemployed Graduates by hussein1586: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=30pt]Android users
install my latest app from Play Store
Tech Trends Naija
Free news updates around the clock.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tech.trends.naija[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancies / Osun State Tescom Result Is Out!!! / The Ritz Hotel Employment Scam! Please Beware!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.