Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Is Their Anything Special About First Class? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Their Anything Special About First Class? (2428 Views)

What's So Special About UNILAG? / How To Graduate First Class From Any University / Interview Of A 21 Year Old Covenant University First Class Female Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by greatestman(m): 4:25am On Jan 29, 2015
I am in my final year now with cgpa of 4.47, but with all honesty i don't want to graduate with first class. All i need is just second class upper and i am comfortable with it. I think first class is over hype. And i have every opportunity to graduate with first class.
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by kilokeys(m): 4:27am On Jan 29, 2015
i see a frustrated dude speaking...

2 Likes

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:27am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:
I am in my final year now with cgpa of 4.47, but with all honesty i don't want to graduate with first class. All i need is just second class upper and i am comfortable with it. I think first class is over hype. And i have every opportunity to graduate with first class.

That's very weird shocked

Why don't you want to graduate with a first class?

Do people make fun of you or put you down just for being on top of your class?

Are you lonely because you read a lot of the times thereby no time for friends and frivolities?

Pray tell, let's hear from you!!
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by GboyegaD(m): 4:37am On Jan 29, 2015
It is good to have a first class if you can have. It is the reward for your hard work and it usually gives satisfaction and makes you distinct.

1 Like

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by Nobody: 4:41am On Jan 29, 2015
Hmm. Ok when they give u second class, dont come bk here complaining of whats so special abt second class undecided
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by greatestman(m): 4:46am On Jan 29, 2015
kilokeys:
Nobody is frustrating me, my lecturers love me and they do encouraged me. I just have a target.
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by kilokeys(m): 4:48am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:

Nobody is frustrating me, my lecturers love me and they do encouraged me. I just have a target.
.. they do encouraged u.. hmmm
pls whats d name of ur Uni?

wanna make sure none of my relatives go there

3 Likes

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by greatestman(m): 4:52am On Jan 29, 2015
RoyalRoy:

That's very weird shocked

Why don't you want to graduate with a first class?

Do people make fun of you or put you down just for being on top of your class?

Are you lonely because you read a lot of the times thereby no time for friends and frivolities?

Pray tell, let's hear from you!!
My brother i want to diversify my knowledge, i don't want quest for first class to cage me.
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by greatestman(m): 4:59am On Jan 29, 2015
kilokeys:

.. they do encouraged u.. hmmm
pls whats d name of ur Uni?

wanna make sure none of my relatives go there
Please if you don't know how some times andriod phones behave, about auto correct please don't be too fast to expose your I TOO KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by kilokeys(m): 5:02am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:

Please if you don't know know some times andriod phones behave, about auto correct please don't be too fast to expose your I TOO KNOW.

are there no better words for "i too know"?

u r supposed to be smart bro.
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by kilokeys(m): 5:03am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:

My brother i want to diversify my knowledge, i don't want quest for first class to cage me.
u rnt just good with the English language.. just admit it

cos the point is, u are nt making much sense.

u wanna diversify?

the quest for first class caging u?

bros e don tey wey yansh get parting.. u dull o

1 Like

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by GboyegaD(m): 5:12am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:

I understand how you feel but sometimes when you look back you might not be too happy for your decision. I see myself as an example for your situation. Before I resumed Ife, I was told about how hard it was however, with my little effort, I had close to a 4.4 my 1st semester and I felt all I needed was a 2:1. After school and when processing admission into graduate school, I realized a 1st class could have given me some more opportunities. Therefore, I will encourage you to put some little effort and make a 1st class even though you are satisfied with a 2:1.

1 Like

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:23am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:

You are the greatest man in your world so far, why not be a great man in every world?

Tackle each challenge with all the vigour and strength in you.

Dont classify one challenge as less as the other!!

To be a winner, all challenges no matter how big or small must be faced squarely.

Be First Class in everything you do dude!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by utytill(m): 5:39am On Jan 29, 2015
No,Try third class or may be pass.

1 Like

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by Joshkid(m): 5:47am On Jan 29, 2015
kilokeys:
frustrated... This one Neva gain. Admission joor!.... Na FP he wan make by any means...
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by greatestman(m): 5:54am On Jan 29, 2015
kilokeys:

u rnt just good with the English language.. just admit it

cos the point is, u are nt making much sense.

u wanna diversify?

the quest for first class caging u?

bros e don tey wey yansh get parting.. u dull o
Ok i don't have time for that, thank God you have dictionary in your phone. Let me concentrate on people that have better things to say. Thanks for your observation
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 29, 2015
kilokeys:

Not all first class students are smart, actually a lot of them are not, they are mostly just people that can read, at times pple that can cram well. Also it may be because of the level of their exposure to other things outside their academic books.
@OP, I'm not saying this is you o

1 Like

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by greatestman(m): 6:00am On Jan 29, 2015
Joshkid:
frustrated... This one Neva gain. Admission joor!.... Na FP he wan make by any means...
So you think, everybody enter university with the aim of getting first class? If not for ASUU strike, i reserve my comment
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by osifred(m): 6:05am On Jan 29, 2015
This is the problem with our educational system. You mean you are in your final year which means you have spent up to four years in the university system and you don't see anything special about a first class. This is akin to an illiterate saying there is nothing special about been learned. My friend if you can make a first class please go for it as it will likely open more doors for you all things being equal.

2 Likes

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by Joshkid(m): 6:05am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:

So you think, everybody enter university with the aim of getting first class? If not for ASUU strike, i reserve my comment
Nt everybody but the serious ones aims at first class!... Mr man, I know what it takes to b a first class result holder, ur words sounds antagonistic!!! undecided
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by greatestman(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2015
RoyalRoy:

You are the greatest man in your world so far, why not be a great man in every world?

Tackle each challenge with all the vigour and strength in you.

Dont classify one challenge as less as the other!!

To be a winner, all challenges no matter how big or small must be faced squarely.

Be First Class in everything you dude!!!
Thanks. But first was never my target, i do tell my departmental guys that i don't want, first class they use to be surprise. If you can sent your email to me, i will mail my results to you. I don't want to upload it here.
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by yinkeys(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:
on the 1st of January 2015, Alibaba the comedian gave a 1st class graduate 1million naira just for graduating with that. Only 1 person came out & he was rewarded with a cheque. Hardwork does pay & in the end you'll be given special previledges not every gets
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by greatestman(m): 6:12am On Jan 29, 2015
Joshkid:
Nt everybody but the serious ones aims at first class!... Mr man, I know what it takes to b a first class result holder, ur words sounds antagonistic!!! undecided
Ok if you want to proof otherwise, till we meet in the field.
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by agohmamuda(m): 6:22am On Jan 29, 2015
No one even cared to ask 4d name of his institution n department. grin
This Op has tot US all that, some people will solve riddles, Break codes, scatter rocket science But "may" not be able to spell their name. My point is this, even with his First Class the Op cannot see the advantages n Opportunities of having a First class.

2 Likes

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 29, 2015
temitak:

Not all first class students are smart, actually a lot of them are not, they are mostly just people that can read, at times pple that can cram well. Also it may be because of the level of their exposure to other things outside their academic books.
@OP, I'm not saying this is you o
This is a pure misconception...
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by adexsimply(m): 7:24am On Jan 29, 2015
kilokeys:

LOL..Don't be too hard on him. Most times, you don't judge people's academic performance by their grammar

1 Like

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by mrking3(m): 7:43am On Jan 29, 2015
Believe me Nairalanders! This statement of not wanting to make a first class by OP is the weirdest thing I've heard all my life! Its either he's not in school or he must be a dull brain that has been sorting himself out and probably getting scared to defend his result with a high grade. He has over sorted his lecturers above what he bargained for! But then, dude is so dumb to have brought this issue to Nairaland. He knows what to do to lower his Grade! Skip 3 (3 unit) courses! That would do! And delibrately fail yourself. So its that too much for him to do? If at all he's even genuine or one of those wanna be first class!! This guy is not even a 2.1 material as he claims.

1 Like

Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by Joshkid(m): 7:53am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:

Ok if you want to proof otherwise, till we meet in the field.
Aiite... No pee.!
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by ERCROSS(m): 8:28am On Jan 29, 2015
mrking3:
Believe me Nairalanders! This statement of not wanting to make a first class by OP is the weirdest thing I've heard all my life! Its either he's not in school or he must be a dull brain that has been sorting himself out and probably getting scared to defend his result with a high grade. He has over sorted his lecturers above what he bargained for! But then, dude is so dumb to have brought this issue to Nairaland. He knows what to do to lower his Grade! Skip 3 (3 unit) courses! That would do! And delibrately fail yourself. So its that too much for him to do? If at all he's even genuine or one of those wanna be first class!! This guy is not even a 2.1 material as he claims.

WORD .....

O.p
Seriously.... U ain't making any sense....
No offence...
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by kemiola89(f): 9:02am On Jan 29, 2015
greatestman:
Are you seriously kidding? Why 'exactly' don't you want to graduate with a first class division? Pls give us a cogent reason cause I'm not convinced with this your 'over-hyped' claim. Many would give the world to graduate with a first class division.
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by widowhusband: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2015
nairalanders, im on probation, i want to graduate with first class. wetin can i do am for it pls?
Re: Is Their Anything Special About First Class? by Akosbaba(m): 9:50am On Jan 29, 2015
OP you should change your username,great men don't think like this

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa 2018/2019 HND Admission List (1st Batch) / . / Don't Come To Dresden, Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.