Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,028 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? (9510 Views)

My Male Dog Refuses To Mount Females In Heat (Photos) / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Eveezy(m): 10:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
There is no need for calling names here, I normally dnt lyk commenting twice on a thread nd dts y wen I comment its usually lenghthy. I dnt knw who nd who sum piple re refering as d ITK, bt all I see here is somebody asking a question nd sum oda giving dem answers in d best way dey feel dey can (am included). I knw sumtyms it may feel lyk dey re jst tryna making u feel bad bt dey re only giving advice based on dier knowledge relating to wat u asked. I always try to be d neutral party, I dnt knw if anyone has noticed, let us nt 4get d main issue dt is supposed to be discussed on dis thread, let's nt turn it to a place whr u lay dwn all ur grudges u mst ve bin holding towards a particular person. Breeding to me is a tin of choice, odaz re entitled to dier own opinion. U cn choose to breed ur dog, bt it is very necesarry for u to ve knowledge of diz tinz b4 u go into it. For odaz commenting here, plzzzz try to ansa d op question on d main purpose of dis thread "how do u knw a dog is on heat" for d op, I gave u my ansa based on my knowledge nd I hope u re satisfied. On d first page I made a statement which I wuld lyk to correct which prodegee pointed out "I dnt tink any one in nigeria wuld wana spay or neuter dier dog" wat shuld ve bin dere was "an average or rather a larger majority of nigerians wuldnt wana spay or neuter dier dogs, only a few of dem wuld. People lyk trainers dt train mainly for security, households dt re only interested in having a pet without d stress of puppies nd som oda few". Also prodeegee asked if any of my dogs ve littered, well I ve neva bred any of my dogs since d first tym I had my first dog till nw, nd dts cos I didn't see d need as I wanted to gain more knowledge abt dogs in general b4 tinking of breeding, I ve kept dogs for ova 6 years at minimum, yt I ve neva bred any, dt was my choice, I cnt force anybody to carry out my practice. Also I tink sumone mentioned dt d people dt wuld surport re all gsd owners, I ve ntin against him breeding as long as he has acquired enuf knowledge nd its nt cos I ve had only gsds, in past years I ve also had rotts bt I later fell bk to gsd for certain reasons. And abt breeders shuld remain breeders nd lovers remain lovers nd dey re bth diff terms, I agree wit dt bt wat I disagree wit is d way d mata is bin ironed nd spelt out, it is displayed in such a way dt it seems lyk breeders went to d university to study breeding nd on graduation, dey bcame certified breeders. To me anybody cn be a breeder as long as he or she has enuf knowledge nd follows d breed standard for whatever he or she breeds, I also have one observation, when people breed dogs of different breeds nd call demselves breeders, well, no much comments on dt bt I jst tink its beta dere is specialization by focusing on jst one breed nd trying to bring out d best in them jst lyk prodegee is known for boerboel, olu for his malinois nd so on. My thoughts tho, sorry for d lenghty comment once again

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by steppin: 11:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
Eveezy, it wasn't my intention to insult anyone here.
I felt they should have ignored the guy instead of giving answers not related to the question.
When a member opens a thread, some people comment while others read and get knowledge.
That's what I do most of the time except I have something important to comment on or correct.
When I saw the title, I was curious and opened the thread, hoping to see the answers myself, but I saw the opposite.
These guys probably got this knowledge for free but they find it difficult to share using a flimsy excuse.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 12:25am On Jan 31, 2015
mayorall:
Your dog looks wonderful. we got our dogs same time. Looks exactly like me. I hope her birthday is not 30/4/2014. I notice you feed her mix delicacies and not puppy foods?. Am I right? .
Thanks my guy mayorall.Yea we got them almost same time,mine was born 4/5/2014 Lol they are almost age mates ooooo I feed her on rice/indomie with fish or Chicken but I have never tried feeding her raw, then at times I do get left overall from fast food.
By the way how is that your dog doing?He should be really big by now.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by oluomoadebayo: 2:46am On Jan 31, 2015
steppin:

Mumu! I knew you'd quote me! Foool!
The op asked a question and all he needed was an answer, but the likes of you had to make him look like a mooron, simply because he wants to make some money from a dog he owns.
If it was so difficult for you to answer, why not shut the f^ck up? why make him feel so bad cos he asked a question?
Any other mumu can quote me like this asswipe did.

I dey laugh ooooo.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by mayorall(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2015
aguizm:
Thanks my guy mayorall.Yea we got them almost same time,mine was born 4/5/2014 Lol they are almost age mates ooooo I feed her on rice/indomie with fish or Chicken but I have never tried feeding her raw, then at times I do get left overall from fast food.
By the way how is that your dog doing?He should be really big by now.

Not really boss. I am controlling her weight. I put her on diet for 3 months when the weight was making her to develop Dan pastern. But do you know packaged food will be good for her thorough development? . Some of those food are just like drug. "Taking panadol into the stomach for pain in the leg". Her tail is supposed to look like "Irukere". Try Arion for a month and see other parts getting developed e-g.Tail.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by arcbay(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2015
The simple reason Nigeria still remains in shackles...We tend to overlook our weaknesses and go looking for what's not lost...Constructive criticisms and feedback on performances are efficient tools for working on oneself and being a better person but I reckon no one likes to be corrected...We tend to take a liking to people who nurse our ego...Anyways, it's all good!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by sportin(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
Prodeegee:
[s]lol...why do i think most of the supporters are gsd owners?. when ur pups get down u sell for how much? 15k, or maybe 10k when u feed until 10wks and buyer isnt coming.

eveezy, somany Nigerians spay/neuter their dogs. have u ever had a litter?
[/s]

"its a gsd anyway"...go ahead. nothing i say will change your thinking

Why does everybody give a GSD the inferior tag?...cause its cheap?...Quality influences price....a GSD is one of the most versatile breeds ever, kindly tag the backyard breeders and not the dog in general...Thanks
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Magpies(m): 12:40am On Feb 01, 2015
dix thread is thrilling,lov dat, op nyc work
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2015
mayorall:

Not really boss. I am controlling her weight. I put her on diet for 3 months when the weight was making her to develop Dan pastern. But do you know packaged food will be good for her thorough development? . Some of those food are just like drug. "Taking panadol into the stomach for pain in the leg". Her tail is supposed to look like "Irukere". Try Arion for a month and see other parts getting developed e-g.Tail.
Am gonna start giving her the Arion bit are u sure she still gonna like it since she has been used to eating home made meals with lots of fish and chicken.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by mayorall(m): 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
aguizm:
Am gonna start giving her the Arion bit are u sure she still gonna like it since she has been used to eating home made meals with lots of fish and chicken.

Dogs love Arion . Don't change completely in one day. feed your normal food in once and Arion daily. As time goes on, change all to Arion. If she doesn't eat it, leave the food with her, she will still eat.

There's Arion puppy food and there is for adults too. That of puppy is good for your dog since she's below one year.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by oluomoadebayo: 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
aguizm:
Home made is better if you can do it right.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

Home made is better if you can do it right.
Its a mixture of either rice/ indomie with fish / chicken bones. Hope the combination is balanced
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by lacicrips(m): 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
mayorall:

Dogs love Arion . Don't change completely in one day. feed your normal food in once and Arion daily. As time goes on, change all to Arion. If she doesn't eat it, leave the food with her, she will still eat.

There's Arion puppy food and there is for adults too. That of puppy is good for your dog since she's below one year.

How much and who supplies your arion?
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by adebayoggt(m): 10:25am On Apr 06, 2015
Prodeegee:

Have you ever gone on yahoo! Answers to ask a breeding related question?

You'll get stinky insults. You'll be told to spay your dog.

I know slowly, nairaland will get to that stage where dog lovers would remain dog lovers and breeders would remain breeders.

Like he clearly stated, he wants her to return his investments - now what do you make of that? doggybank!
@prodeegee haba! I kno u as a very nice guy Na.always willing to assist. It's just d op use of word/English... Bros give ur cent wit wateva advice.ur comments/response always help others.GBU!!
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by adebayoggt(m): 10:34am On Apr 06, 2015
aguizm:
think this link will help.
https://www.nairaland.com/1836621/share-home-made-recipes-prepared
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
adebayoggt:
@prodeegee haba! I kno u as a very nice guy Na.always willing to assist. It's just d op use of word/English... Bros give ur cent wit wateva advice.ur comments/response always help others.GBU!!

ive gone past this bro. didnt even remember i made this comment. but you can give money to someone who'll use that money to hurt you later. so beware of who you give to, tho giving is good.

thanks bro

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by sholay2011(m): 3:24am On Oct 30, 2015
steppin:
Eveezy, it wasn't my intention to insult anyone here.
I felt they should have ignored the guy instead of giving answers not related to the question.
When a member opens a thread, some people comment while others read and get knowledge.
That's what I do most of the time except I have something important to comment on or correct.
When I saw the title, I was curious and opened the thread, hoping to see the answers myself, but I saw the opposite.
These guys probably got this knowledge for free but they find it difficult to share using a flimsy excuse.
God bless this poster.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by wahabdisu: 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) / Diary Of My Lhasa Apso Girl ‘Reuby’ / What Do You Think Of Pets(especially Dogs)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.