Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,305 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections (10149 Views)

Inec To Pay Corpers 32,000 For Elections / See What This Corp Member Is Doing Towards The Upcoming Elections. / Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 11:13am On Jan 29, 2015
…As NYSC sets up electoral security committee

From ROMANUS UGWU, Abuja

The Chairman of In­dependent National Electoral Commis­sion (INEC), Pro­fessor Attahiru Jega, has re-assured members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) participat­ing in electoral duties of adequate protection.

Jega, who gave the as­surance when the NYSC management team led by the Director General, Brigadier- General Johnson Bamidele Olawumi, paid him courtesy visit at the INEC headquar­ters in Abuja, yesterday, ad­mitted that the involvement of the scheme in the conduct of elections has increased the credibility of the elec­tions.

He said: “It is with great pleasure and delight that I welcome the NYSC team. I want to commend you for what the scheme has been doing to improve electoral process. I want to also com­mend the scheme for the professionalism they have added in their involvement in electoral duty since 2011.

“We have enjoyed the collaborative efforts with the management of NYSC. It is very sad to remember the unfortunate incident that happened in the 2011 gen­eral elections, where some corps members lost their lives in a post election vio­lence. We have done every­thing possible to ensure that such incident don’t happen again in this country.

“We are very pleased with the initiatives you have tak­en in establishing the elec­toral security committee to particularly review the par­ticipation of the scheme. It is also good that it factored the Sheik Gumi report on elec­toral violence and I assure you that the recommenda­tions you have made would be of paramount importance to the conduct of the elec­tions in 2014.

“I would like to assure you that we will do every­thing possible to ensure that the corps members on electoral duties are provided adequate security and pro­tection. All hands are on deck to ensure provision of conducive environment to protect and provide for the corps members.”

The INEC boss said, though the involvement of the corps members is volun­tary, “we should also know that it is part of their na­tional service to this country and we will go extra mile to ensure that we minimize the challenges they face dur­ing and after electoral du­ties and protect and protect them.”

Speaking earlier, the NYSC Director General said the scheme, in collabo­ration with the military and other security agents, has set up electoral security com­mittee as part of the arrange­ments to ensure the security of the corps members par­ticipating in electoral duties.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=102338

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by SeverusSnape(m): 11:21am On Jan 29, 2015
Any corp member participating in the North, Does so at his/her own risk.
Well, I know they are wiser now, I am witnessing a mass influx of corp members from the North.
Life is precious and does not have duplicate.
We wouldn't want a 2011 scenario to repeat it's self, Cause some of those people are just mad cows.

12 Likes

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by englishmart(m): 11:22am On Jan 29, 2015
security or no security, I have no business going with borno

2 Likes

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by englishmart(m): 11:23am On Jan 29, 2015
thaoriginator:
Good

Buhari must win!

FTC! Sign of good things to come! Things like; APC winning 20 states both in presidential and gubernatorial election.. and like; me marrying Zahra Buhari this year.. Jaaaaaah! Rastafarah!

NB: if this thread no reach FP make Buhari no win!
you don go smoke weed full head. See as you dey yarn like Carmel

7 Likes

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by thaoriginator: 11:32am On Jan 29, 2015
englishmart:
you don go smoke weed full head. See as you dey yarn like Carmel
Abeg park well! Wetin you know about weed?

2 Likes

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by temisukanmi(f): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2015
I pray ooo...
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by Onyejiuwaokoh: 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Who is INEC to guarantee people's safety when the safety of soldiers and their barracks are not guaranteed in the north.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by PerfumeRepublik: 1:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Life is not a super Mario Nintendo game..
I don talk my own.
He who has ears let him hear.

5 Likes

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by hazyfm1: 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=28pt]PROMISES EVERYWHERE[/size]
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by stinggy(m): 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
Arm them with effective charms, that's all cheesy
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by pat077: 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
they made the same statement in 2011.
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=16pt]NO HUMAN BEING SHOULD BE IN NORTH!!!!!!!!!!

SOME EVIL PEOPLE ARE PLANNING MASSIVE KILLINGS[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by elantraceey(f): 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
Corpers participate in this election at your own risk!!!
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by Estimable(m): 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
Better do as promised ooo, cos d reverse is always d case....
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na today? e don tal joor
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by Chrisaali(f): 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hope its beefed up security o. So history won't repeat itself. Anyway, I'm serving in Kaduna but will not participate. To avoid stories that touches the heart and waters the eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by ajoskele(m): 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
My security is in the hands of God. INEC should be preoccupied with assuring me...

1. A rise in the allowance for the three training days. It has been #4,500.(#1,500 per day);

2. A rise in the wage on 14/02/2015 from #11,000 to #15,000. Need to remind INEC three elections would be carried out on this special valentine day;

3. Another rise in the wage on 28/02/2015 to #15,000. Two elections on this day;

4. Lastly, INEC should present me a certificate of excellence and participation after the elections. My CV needs it.

7 Likes

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by yorke1: 3:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
Buhari is planning massive killing this time around because he know he is going to lose.

1 Like

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by funarosho(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
so wat about those that are not nysc member DAT will b working for inec

1 Like

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by frodobee: 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hmmm, story for the gods.
In another thread one man is ranting "baboon and monkey will soak in blood". And in another thread, some group of people who call themselves progressives but who will not dissociate themselves from the statement above, are parading a baboon dressed in some manner, giving credence to the "baboon and monkey blood soaking mantra". And here Jega is playing "honorable man".
My anger is that precious, well eduacted and brought up talents (youth whose parents sacrificed a lot to see to their proper upbringing) are killed by these ba5tard5, illiterates, mo rons, whose pay masters has perpetually subjugated to the life of dependency(almajiri). Nigerians don't be fooled. If you are a corp member and you are posted in those volatile areas, kindly reject it, let their baboonish and monkeyish blood soak itself.

As for u guys from Ala-Igbo, kpoturum for that land
or house for Coal city. Onwe some sharp properties
di kitaa ighota go? Don't wait for ndi ufu-anya to
burn your biz under the pretext of election violence,
before you do the needful. Kpoturum taata. Check
my sig.

3 Likes

Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
who them wan deceive?
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by searay(m): 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
The way they did in 2011?
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by slap1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
INEC is not even sure of its own security
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by CzarChris(m): 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Johnpaul2k2:
[size=16pt]NO HUMAN BEING SHOULD BE IN NORTH!!!!!!!!!!

SOME EVIL ANIMALS ARE PLANNING MASSIVE KILLINGS[/size]
There, fixed. Thise should never be categorized as humans.

I hope the allowance being paid corpers for this exercise is worth the risk they are taking?
If I may ask, how much do the corpers, adhoc and collating center staff get as allowance during the exercise?
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by Medley(m): 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
They should also be insured. Unfortunately this may not be the case in a Nigeria were there are ready to only wait till after the danger is done and then the news of them giving out billions to families after many month and even years sometimes.
Don't risk your life when you perceive any danger in the place U've been posted for the election, run for your life even the security men will run b4 U.
My prayer is that there will be no election violence that will take any life,in Jesus name.
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
I laff
Re: Jega Guarantees Corpers' Security In 2015 Elections by ajoskele(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Any corp member participating in the North, Does so at his/her own risk.
Well, I know they are wiser now, I am witnessing a mass influx of corp members from the North.
Life is precious and does not have duplicate.
We wouldn't want a 2011 scenario to repeat it's self, Cause some of those people are just mad cows.
Did you just buy a browsing phone that could download Nairaland App?

You don't even write like an educated "somborri"!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Batch A16 Let's Meet Here. / Nysc C14 Bauchi State Corpers, Let's Meet Here. / Orientation Course A Lifetime Experience - Grace Akpabio, Ondo NYSC Coord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.