Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 (3232 Views)

Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. / Germany To Begin Supply Of Military Hardware To Nigeria / Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
6 foreign firms, Dangote to begin mining gold, iron ore in 2015

on January 19, 2015 / in News 2:51 pm

The Nigeria Mining Cadastre Office said on Monday that six foreign mining companies and Dangote Group of Companies would commence mining of gold, iron ore, coal and lead/zinc in 2015.

The Director-General of the Office, Mr Mohammed Amate, made the disclosure in an interview with Newsmen Agency in Abuja.

Amate said the companies were Kogi Mines Ltd, Segilola Nig. Ltd and Mines Geotechniques Nig. Ltd.

Others are Northern Numero Resources Ltd, West African Polaris Investment Ltd. and Tongyi Allied and Mineral Services Ltd.

He said Kogi Mines; an Australia Mining Company based in Kogi had concluded exploration programmes, adding that it would commence mining of iron ore in Agbaja in the state in 2015.

Amate said that the company had completed its four-year exploration and that it had delineated more than 500 million tonnes of iron ore.

He said Segilola Nig. Ltd would also begin mining of gold in Iperindo area of the IIesha Schist belt of Osun.

Amate said that so far, the companies had also carried out the same exercise and delineated more than one million ounces of gold in the area.

He said that Mines Geotechniques Nig. Ltd and Northern Numero Resources Ltd, both Australian companies and would begin mining of gold this year in Kebbi.

Amate said the Federal Government had last year signed Memorandum of Understanding with the companies to commence mining t in the state.

He disclosed that Dongote would conclude its coal exploration in 2015 and was expected to immediately commence mining of coal in Kogi and Benue.

He said that Dangote had been working toward commencing coal mining in both states, adding that the company held mining titles covering limestone, coal and gypsum.

The director-general said the West African Polaris Investment Ltd, a Chinese company, would commence mining of tin and columbite in Nasarawa State.

He said the Tongyi Allied and Mineral Services Ltd, another Chinese company, would begin mining of lead/zinc in Wasa, Plateau State.

Amate said the two companies would commence major mining operation in various locations in the two states as they have delineated their reserves.

He further said that 169 Small Scale Mining Companies had already begun mining gemstone, gold, lead/zinc, columbite/Tantalite among others across the country.

Amate advised the miners to carry out their operations legally, pay their fees promptly to the government as well as reclaiming mines sites after activities as provided by the law.

He also warned miners not to discharge any harmful materials into any environment that could pose danger to lives.

“If you are discharging anything you make sure that you discharge safety. You make sure you check the acidic, PH value. Do not discharge anything harmful,’’ he stressed.

He said Nigeria had been losing a lot of money to illegal mining but the government had put in place measures to checkmate the challenge.

“A lot of gemstones are being smuggled and a lot of other minerals are being smuggled out of this country,’’ he told newsmen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/6-foreign-firms-dangote-begin-mining-gold-iron-ore-2015/
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:
Am sorry OP to derail ur post in any form,jus wanna enlighten some NLanders about FEB 14 election,if you don't have interest,u can easily scroll down and continue with the topic,thanks

In my own observations,I think 60% of nigeria citizens want GMB to be the PRES while 30% wants GEJ and the remaining 10% don't wanna vote for either.

When GEJ was sworn in as the president he said " I'll only rule for four years" now he's coming back. GMB had also ruled nigeria before now without achieving anything(in my own opinion). Think about it

Ask yourself this qstn " is it only APC and PDP that's contesting for presidency" NO,there are other parties,but I don't think we know them... Why don't we vote for those that haven't ruled before? Think about it

GEJ did it, he didn't succeed so as GMB and these two wants to rule again,nigerians let's think... Let's even talk about BH insurgency,don't they eat? Do they go into ammunition to get gun for their operations? NO. Think about it

I read one topic on FP that states" we saw helicopters dropping food into the bush where BH's are" who are those pilots and who instructed them to go and drop those items for the group disturbing the peace of our nation?
(Think about it)

Yesterday ISIS threatens to behead obama,isis is an islamist deadly group BH also are muslims(sighs) (think about it)

I weep for this nation

Lastly,have you ever sat down and think of this " why is it that all the muslims president we've had normally dies while ruling?" To me....

THEY WANTS TO TURN NIGERIA INTO AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY. Vote wisely no homo am clearly one those 10% that won't vote for either cause I think GEJ and GMB wanna ruin the affair of this nation

Think about it.
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by madridguy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
All I see today is young Nigerians arguing without facts, disconnected from the nations history, having NO knowledge of the past, with defeated hope of the future. No ability to construct proper synonyms, but making analysis based on absence of adequate knowledge. The Egyptians knew what they wanted and held the nation to ransom, also in Hong Kong, cos they had adequate information on the issues at hand. But at the moment, we don't have an intelligent society. We don't read yet we proffer solutions. How can you proffer solutions to something you know nothing about. Wake up Nigerians from your slumber. We only make analysis based on what another says, we lack information, brain power, we posses knowledge gap, yet we make analysis. How sad. Someone who knows nothing about nothing demands change.

What is change if I may ask? We really don't have an idea. Change doesn't always mean a positive upward movement, it can also mean a downward trend, backward motion. And before you ask for it, you analyse situations on ground, in the past, with facts and figures and not just sentiments, and then you try to (based on this terms) predict the future. Now if the future shows a decline with the progress from the past and a detach from the present, then you have all full rights to demand change. But when you have no information about nothing but drawn from social media, TV screens, newspapers ad we keep shouting change, then we might be riding on the winds which is without substance and is therefor a journey to no where.

Lots of people who are guilty of cheating in schools want change, people who jump queues want change, people who cannot keep to a route on the road but shunt want change, people who are guilty of forging results want change, people who chat on their girl/boy friends want want change, adulterers want change, people guilty of murders and extortion, corruption and oppression want change and the list goes on. Nobody want to change personally to effect the change but we build hypocritical structures that cannot stand the test of time. Its time Nigerians wake up and put in proper perspective where we need to be. Its time for Nigerians to stop looking at TV screens and start using mirrors (TV screens shows others, mirrors show you.

Its time for Nigerians to start developing leaders who have a history of making upward strides at the grass roots, touching lives at the base levels. Its time for Nigerians to understand that a downward trend people cannot choose an upward leader, they will choose for themselves a downward trend leaders. Its time for Nigerians to build a lifestyle of integrity. Before you ask for change, change yourself first. Make changes in that little space around you (I mean upward trend changes). We also have to realize that the Presidential seat is not solely responsible for the happenings in the country, that is why he deepens his rule through the governors, Local Government chairmen and Councillors.

We also have representatives of the people like the Legislature (in our case the House of Representatives and the Senate). Its time to get really knowledgeable about these things. There is so much to know. Don't stop at knowing until you are sure you really know. What we need in Nigeria is not a partisan change but a structural change; we need a vision, a dream, a plan, a road map and we drive in the direction of that plan. Its not a war to kill people, but a war to kill our wrong mentalities. We have been slaves to our past and therefore have related with our future with the same mindset. Its time we begin to think properly and build a Nigeria that will stand the test of time through generations. Our children will not forgive us if we don't succeed in doing this. This is the time for a revolution, but not partisan (because the person who you are supporting in the APC may soon decamp to PDP and vice versa, so what becomes of you?).

Please if you believe in this, then pass this around, lets create an awakening, a revolution, not partisan but a dream, instilled in every Nigeria. We have today the American dream, we can have the Nigerian Dream too. We don't have to begin to individually tackle all areas of the Nation like education, agriculture, research, and the likes,no, a Dream can take us there. A Dream is a holistic picture of the future which once imbibed, direction becomes an easy decision to make. Its not GMB thing or GEJ thing, it is a Nigeria thing, It is called the Nigerian Dream. Politicians only succeed in manipulating you to think like them therefore getting what they have longed for, but we can go beyond them and build a Nigeria that works regardless of what party is in power. I SALUTE THE NIGERIAN NATION, I SALUTE THE NIGERIAN DREAM. PLEASE PASS THIS ON, ITS TIME TO BE PROUD OF YOUR COUNTRY NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by madridguy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:
vheMa:
Am sorry OP to derail ur post in any form,jus wanna enlighten some NLanders about FEB 14 election,if you don't have interest,u can easily scroll down and continue with the topic,thanks

In my own observations,I think 60% of nigeria citizens want GMB to be the PRES while 30% wants GEJ and the remaining 10% don't wanna vote for either.

When GEJ was sworn in as the president he said " I'll only rule for four years" now he's coming back. GMB had also ruled nigeria before now without achieving anything(in my own opinion). Think about it

Ask yourself this qstn " is it only APC and PDP that's contesting for presidency" NO,there are other parties,but I don't think we know them... Why don't we vote for those that haven't ruled before? Think about it

GEJ did it, he didn't succeed so as GMB and these two wants to rule again,nigerians let's think... Let's even talk about BH insurgency,don't they eat? Do they go into ammunition to get gun for their operations? NO. Think about it

I read one topic on FP that states" we saw helicopters dropping food into the bush where BH's are" who are those pilots and who instructed them to go and drop those items for the group disturbing the peace of our nation?
(Think about it)

Yesterday ISIS threatens to behead obama,isis is an islamist deadly group BH also are muslims(sighs) (think about it)

I weep for this nation

Lastly,have you ever sat down and think of this " why is it that all the muslims president we've had normally dies while ruling?" To me....

THEY WANTS TO TURN NIGERIA INTO AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY. Vote wisely no homo am clearly one those 10% that won't vote for either cause I think GEJ and GMB wanna ruin the affair of this nation

Think about it.

I understand your point brother but I will not advise you to look the terrorism from that angle alone. I will tell you that Boko Haram of a thing is beyond anybody power right now based on my fact. Remember the late General Azazi speech " BOKO HARAM IS PDP, PDP IS BOKO HARAM..... IF PDP WANT AN END TO THE INSURGENCY, THEY KNOW WHAT TO DO " That is the word from the General from GEJ. I won't say further, but i believe you know what happened to the honest man with the late Kaduna State Governor.

Secondly, When GEJ was elected some bad elements stood up and say it clearly " WE WILL MAKE THIS NATION UNGOVERNABLE FOR JONATHAN REGIME "

Thirdly, President Jonathan said " Boko Haram sponsorers are inside my cabinet "

Now as a concern citizen of this great nation, I keep wondering why we have been silence for all this time allowing politician using us as tools to enrich their pocket.

-Will need to drag Jonathan to court for not arresting those who boast openly to trade away our peace for their selfish interest.

- Jonathan should explain his connection with Boko Haram ( Since General Azazi said " BOKO HARAM IS PDP, PDP IS BOKO HARAM..... IF PDP WANT AN END TO THE INSURGENCY, THEY KNOW WHAT TO DO "

- We need the list of names of his cabinet working with Boko Haram.

My dear brother, let forget about religious issue. We are Nigeria not Muslim/Christian. The bad politician uses religion to turn both Muslims and Christian against each other.

I stand to be corrected.

#Sorry for the bad english# Boko Haram has destroyed our class rooms.
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by stevecantrell: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:
vheMa:

(Think about it)

I weep for this nation

Think about it.

I'm not worried about GEJ , he's taken care of his issues with his own mouth.

On the other hand, Buhari, even if reformed, is surrounded by the wrong people.

I wouldn't vote for either of them too.
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
stevecantrell:

I'm not worried about GEJ , he taken care of his issues with his own words.

big ups. You get what am saying, I'd like to vote GEJ but I don't trust his 2nd term,likewise GMB I have no trust for him at all

2 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
Money good o.
If you get am na "How are you?";
You no get am na "Who be you?".

Ride on Dangote, I'm coming behind you like a Jet.

1 Like

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
madridguy:

Brb
am sure you would be back in a jiffy
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:
big ups. You get what am saying, I'd like to vote GEJ but I don't trust his 2nd term,likewise GMB I have no trust for him at all

vheMa, I encourage you to vote for Goodluck Jonathan my sister. GEJ is the first man we've had in power that's genuine about developing the country and it's showing. He has brought the rail road back, made us Ebola free, charted our economy accurately making us #1 in Africa, made us the second fastest growing economy in Africa, made Nigeria Polio Free for the first time in our history, brought on a youth lead agricultural revolution, given us fair and free elections, have allowed total press freedom even if opposition uses it to attack him, pardoned all political exiles (El Rufai, Ribadu) even though they were both his political enemies to begin with, has even given his opponents awards (Buhari, Fashola) when he felt they deserved it, invests government money into YOUTH business ideas (YouWIN, Sure P), rebuilt all of our airports, gave us 2 more international airports, added university in every state of Nigeria that didn't have one, reformed the police, has cleaned corruption out of the fuel subsidy industry, and fertilizer industry and increased minimum wage for civil servants nationwide including teachers.

Jonathan is a great Nigerian, and our next president so we definitively would like to see you vote patriotically in support of this progress!

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ikengawo:
6 foreign firms, Dangote to begin mining gold, iron ore in 2015

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/6-foreign-firms-dangote-begin-mining-gold-iron-ore-2015/
After 6yrs of taking Nigeria's mining industry backwards
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

After 6yrs of taking Nigeria's mining industry backwards

[size=15pt]Nigeria Railway takes delivery of five 68-seater coaches[/size]

By Jonah Nwokpoku
The Nigeria Railway Corporation, NRC has taken delivery of five additional 68-seater air conditioned coaches, two 16-seater rail buses and eighteen 5-seater Motorised Trolleys.

Addressing journalists in Lagos while conducting final inspection on the new railway vehicles, the Managing Director, Nigeria Railway Corporation, Engineer Adeseyi Sijuade said that “the new coaches will be deployed over the next two weeks on an extension of the train service from Makurdi to Gombe passing through Lafia, Kanfanchan, Kuru, Jos, Bauchi and with a spur line from Kanfanchan to Kaduna.”
He disclosed that “while the two new rail buses will be deployed for inspection of certain parts of the rail network, the eighteen motorized trolleys will be allocated to railway maintenance engineers to facilitate regular inspection and maintenance of the tracks.”
Recall that the Corporation had in April, 2014 commissioned the first set of 68-seater passenger coaches, six in number, bringing the total number of 68-seater air conditioned coaches added to the corporation’s fleet to eleven.
Sijuade told journalists that the railway vehicles were designed and manufactured in China specifically for the Corporation’s narrow gauge railway system by CSR Nanjing Puzhen Company Ltd., and Kintech Nigeria Ltd.
According to him, the newly acquired air conditioned coaches have been tested satisfactorily in the Corporation’s Lagos workshops and are now being deployed for commissioning.

He said: “We spent the whole weekend testing the whole appliances within these five coaches. These include the air conditioning, the automatic dust system and the passenger information system etc. They have all been tested satisfactorily. We are deploying them to the Eastern line.”
“However, for the commissioning purpose, we are deploying them to the Makurdi Railway station, where it will be commissioned on Thursday, 22nd January. The commissioning will be taking place along with the flagging off of the intercity passenger service that runs from Makurdi to Port Harcourt. As a matter of fact, the trains will be moving from Makurdi, following the flag off, to Port Harcourt,” he added.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by madridguy(m): 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:
am sure you would be back in a jiffy

Am back, read my comment please.
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
stevecantrell:

I'm not worried about GEJ , he's taken care of his issues with his own mouth.

Steve, we defintely need your vote as well. Take a look at the new 68 seater trains that were brought into Nigeria. These will be services the PH Makurdi railway that has been rebuilt and reopened to functionality for the first time in 35 years. They will be finishing the track all the way to Maidugari soon

personally my support has been based on economic performance, which I can enlighten you more on GEJ's economic achievements if you wish. Hope to see you vote for our guy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ikengawo:

[size=15pt]Nigeria Railway takes delivery of five 68-seater coaches[/size]

I this the kind of trains world leaders are taking delivery of today?
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ikengawo:

vheMa, I encourage you to vote for Goodluck Jonathan my sister. GEJ is the first man we've had in power that's genuine about developing the country and it's showing. He has brought the rail road back, made us Ebola free, charted our economy accurately making us #1 in Africa, made us the second fastest growing economy in Africa, made Nigeria Polio Free for the first time in our history, brought on a youth lead agricultural revolution, given us fair and free elections, have allowed total press freedom even if opposition uses it to attack him, pardoned all political exiles (El Rufai, Ribadu) even though they were both his political enemies to begin with, has even given his opponents awards (Buhari, Fashola) when he felt they deserved it, invests government money into YOUTH business ideas (YouWIN, Sure P), rebuilt all of our airports, gave us 2 more international airports, added university in every state of Nigeria that didn't have one, reformed the police, has cleaned corruption out of the fuel subsidy industry, and fertilizer industry and increased minimum wage for civil servants nationwide including teachers.

Jonathan is a great Nigerian, and our next president so we definitively would like to see you vote patriotically in support of this progress!
I'll agree with you partially,but what about security sector Am very sure that,BH group was created to destroy and give a bad name to GEJ and his tenure(term in office). Also GEJ knows the great pillars behind the deadly group(BH). Am sure he knows their sponsor,why don't he ask of what they need and grant it unto them(if he's capable)
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
madridguy:

Am back, read my comment please.
which of which
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

NIgeria won't be serviced by one train, here's the collection President Goodluck Jonathan has been building for us

These are Lagos to Kano, I'll post the Abuja to Kaduna later and the ones above are PH to Makurdi

Interior
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by CyberWolf: 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

you have to start from somewhere ..
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:
I'll agree with you partially,but what about security sector Am very sure that,BH group was created to destroy and give a bad name to GEJ and his tenure(term in office). Also GEJ knows the great pillars behind the deadly group(BH). Am sure he knows their sponsor,why don't he ask of what they need and grant it unto them(if he's capable)

i'm glad you brought that up.
Did you know that Boko Haram is larger that ISIS and Al Quaeda according to US security reports?
While Boko Haram is still here, the issues is we try to paint the group as a gang of thugs as opposed to one of the largest armies in Africa. Now, Al Quaeda has been active for 40 years now, while Boko Haram is a new start-up

The question then isn't 'why aren't they gone', that will take a longer time than anyone is comfortable admitting, even if it were the US or Israel, Russia dealing with them (Russia has been dealing with Chechnyan terrorist for 40 years as well, Israel with Hamas and Hezbollah for over 50).

The real point is that Boko haram has taken no territory that the Nigerian military didn't rescue hours or days after.
Boko haram has planned no bombing that the culprit wasn't captured
and has gone from having reach from Borno to Kano to being isolated to forests in Borno and Cameroon (out of Nigeria).

Boko Haram isn't a battle, it's a war and if you push your enemy out of even patch of territory it claims, you're winning the war

GEJ in Borno
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by madridguy(m): 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:
which of which

Same topic.
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:

As far as the sponsors, Nigeria is now under rule of law. The days of being jailed because of accusations are over and the courts and government are working hard to find substantial evidence on the sponsors. The issue some have with civility in government is things can take time because of due process, but it's better than what we had in the past where an accusation alone or being enemies with politicians can get you jailed, beaten, killed or bombed like Obasanjo did to Odi.
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by thunderrider: 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ok oo
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
CyberWolf:
you have to start from somewhere ..
Start from the 60s in 2015? He might as well bring in camels
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ikengawo:

NIgeria won't be serviced by one train, here's the collection President Goodluck Jonathan has been building for us

These are Lagos to Kano, I'll post the Abuja to Kaduna later and the ones above are PH to Makurdi

Interior

I ask again is these the kind of trains world leaders are bringing to their countries?
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by anonimi: 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

I ask again is these the kind of trains world leaders are bringing to their countries?

Where are the Toronto aloku scrap trains of Fashola, eight years after
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by signz: 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is good news for our mining industry. I remember reading somewhere that just as oil producing states are enjoying 13%derivation, so will solid mineral producing states also enjoy there own 13% derivation.

I also hope this doesn't affect our small scale miners.

Seems like coal is about to be the next big thing in Nigeria. Dangote is about to move into coal production and Chief Arthur Eze company is also about to start mining coal in enugu.

1 Like

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by CyberWolf: 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

Start from the 60s in 2015? He might as well bring in camels
i don't expect you to appreciate it, so ride on. All I wanna tell you is that APC will NOT smell Aso Rock on May 29th..

1 Like

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ikengawo:

As far as the sponsors, Nigeria is now under rule of law. The days of being jailed because of accusations are over and the courts and government are working hard to find substantial evidence on the sponsors. The issue some have with civility in government is things can take time because of due process, but it's better than what we had in the past where an accusation alone or being enemies with politicians can get you jailed, beaten, killed or bombed like Obasanjo did to Odi.
wow I like your posts sha smiley u r kinda current o grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

even better

US (baltimore)

Russia
[img]http://02varvara.files./2008/07/russian-train.jpg[/img]

UK
[img]http://timgarratt.files./2011/01/east_midlands_train.jpg[/img]

Nigeria

looks on par to me, great for a country that lost this service for 35 years due to military misrule (Buhari + Co)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:
wow I like your posts sha smiley u r kinda current o grin

you have to be with all of the propoganda, wuruwuru, and emotions APC thinks they're going to use to win. Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ikengawo:

i'm glad you brought that up.
Did you know that Boko Haram is larger that ISIS and Al Quaeda according to US security reports?
While Boko Haram is still here, the issues is we try to paint the group as a gang of thugs as opposed to one of the largest armies in Africa. Now, Al Quaeda has been active for 40 years now, while Boko Haram is a new start-up

The question then isn't 'why aren't they gone', that will take a longer time than anyone is comfortable admitting, even if it were the US or Israel, Russia dealing with them (Russia has been dealing with Chechnyan terrorist for 40 years as well, Israel with Hamas and Hezbollah for over 50).

The real point is that Boko haram has taken no territory that the Nigerian military didn't rescue hours or days after.
Boko haram has planned no bombing that the culprit wasn't captured

and has gone from having reach from Borno to Kano to being isolated to forests in Borno and Cameroon (out of Nigeria).

Boko Haram isn't a battle, it's a war and if you push your enemy out of even patch of territory it claims, you're winning the war

GEJ in Borno
yeah ISIL/ISIS has been long way coming,but I tell you GEJ himself knows what they want. Back to what you said @ bolded "

what about the chibok girls?"

What about baja territory

What about sambisa
Re: 6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 by Ikengawo: 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
vheMa:
yeah ISIL/ISIS has been long way coming,but I tell you GEJ himself knows what they want. Back to what you said @ bolded "

what about the chibok girls?"

What about baja territory

What about sambisa

Sambisa is a forest. They were at one point in there, but they don't own or control it below is a pic of our troops roaming Sambisa freely

Baga is still a battle zone but reports have Nigerian soldiers as dominating

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Hits Hard At GEJ On Twitter / Marketers Plan To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment / Existing Revenue Sharing Formula Archaic – Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.