Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare (35483 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / APC Leaders And Blocs In Fierce Battle Over Buhari's Ministerial List / Power Blocs Backing Buhari – Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by joseph1832(m): 10:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
Let's hope nothing happens... I'll hate to see a repeat of what happened in 2011. All the more reason why all hands should be on deck! No dulling, No gocking! Everybody shine your eye!.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:28am On Jan 30, 2015
adadadon:

even if can't be infered...
Orisejafor and oyedepo do not support Buhari.....
Bakare main focus was on the people Bloc which he stated where the most powerful bloc and should utilise it's powers judiciously.....
Danjuma is with GEJ
He and IBB are trying to play safe

You're right. Bakare was more concerned about the people's bloc.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by DesChyko: 8:06am On Jan 30, 2015
juman:

You make me laugh. Why not doctorate?

Don't you see the recent argument on economy by those professors on both sides are nothing but economic on paper not realities on the ground. That is an example.

Look, if the elites do not control the state, then education is valueless. The reason to get educated is to increase the productivity of the economy. And the only way to ensure that is to put these elites at the helm of every affairs relating to governance. If we must seek the Western successes, then, we must follow their footsteps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by juman(m): 9:03am On Jan 30, 2015
DesChyko:

Look, if the elites do not control the state, then education is valueless. The reason to get educated is to increase the productivity of the economy. And the only way to ensure that is to put these elites at the helm of every affairs relating to governance. If we must seek the Western successes, then, we must follow their footsteps.

Former president lula da silva was a man with little western education, yet his performance as brazil president is a standard world wide for other presidents to follow.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2015
berem:
I suspect TY Danjuma and all ex military heads of state are backing Buhari.
Jonathan is in trouble!
they all have one vote each. undecided undecided undecided undecided[b][/b]
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2015
This time around, I see all the generals in the Council of State, except Gowon, backing one of theirs, Buhari.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 30, 2015
DesChyko:
Nigeria is too educated to be represented by that 'misfit'.
The constitution should also be reviewed. If there must be that age limit, With out level of education, M.Sc, M.BA levels and their equivalents should be the lowest requirements.
...the framers of the Nigerian constitution know what it all entails to govern a country-they know higher educational qualifications like Bsc Masters,PhD are irrelevant. Having BSc,Masters or PhD does not imply one is intelligent or that one can be successful in governance.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by M4gunners: 10:38am On Jan 30, 2015
Clerverly:
Bye bye Cluelessness!!
This is not funny u Son of a devil.

1 Like

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by eagleeye2: 10:38am On Jan 30, 2015
The Power Blocs are backing Buhari, because Jonathan may not renew their Oil Bloc licenses.
Ndi oshi

3 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Myself2(m): 10:38am On Jan 30, 2015
aanumama:
The most divine power is behind him?

So Thiefnuboo is your most divine power
Well sorry for you, the almighty God is behind GEJ, if you doubt me, just watch out.GEJ succeeds when people (like you don't expect him to)

1 Like

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by eagleeye2: 10:40am On Jan 30, 2015
Change2015:

Obviously you know nothing about the oil industry. The major players have been entrenched for decades, no matter the government in power.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Abeg make I hear. 2016 the licenses will be up for review.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by drey076(m): 10:42am On Jan 30, 2015
Operation kick out jona
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by iyobs7(f): 10:42am On Jan 30, 2015
DesChyko:
Nigeria is too educated to be represented by that 'misfit'.
The constitution should also be reviewed. If there must be that age limit, With out level of education, M.Sc, M.BA levels and their equivalents should be the lowest requirements.

I beg to differ my brother, Nigerians are not educated at all, an educated mind is able to think for his/herself...

With the crop of people on this forum shouting clueless, incompetent and useless all day long, it is quiet glaring that Nigerians are far from being educated...

Their education level is swallowed up in hypocrisy and mediocrity...

3 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Myself2(m): 10:43am On Jan 30, 2015
Thank you Mr Bakare, so you know all these and yet you never become president? The equation now is not much different from last time around when nearly all the so called retired generals and AC backed him, plus a sprinkling of gullible Southerners because Buhari mischievously chose Bakare as running mate.We all know who won the election, the outcome will still be the same
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by eagleeye2: 10:44am On Jan 30, 2015
Imagine all the for enemies coming together under APC a (a snake pit)
Buhari and IBB
Obasanjo and Tinubu
Atiku and Obasanjo
IBB and Obasanjo
Tufia kwa. And some idio.ts will be shouting Change as if the change is about them.
The change is about their oil licenses renewal.

4 Likes

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Myself2(m): 10:44am On Jan 30, 2015
iyobs7:

I beg to differ my brother, Nigerians are not educated at all, an educated mind is able to think for his/herself...

With the crop of people on this forum shouting clueless, incompetent and useless all day long, it is quiet glaring that Nigerians are far from being educated...

Their education level is swallowed up in hypocrisy and mediocrity...

I know you meant quite
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by eminikansoso(m): 10:47am On Jan 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:
yoruba power blocs cannot hand Buhari presidency. This is not south west
one thing I know is that yoruba population may be too small but it is multiple of 2 of eastern part of Nigeria. Also since History of Nigeria politics any candidate supported by the West apart from Yoruba candidates normally wins the election.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by simdam500(m): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2015
How will all this story stop GEJ from winning the election
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by HirstMOG(m): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2015
He was his running-mate in 2011, and also what do you expect from a political pastor? God is watching.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 30, 2015
Myself2:

So Thiefnuboo is your most divine power
Well sorry for you, the almighty God is behind GEJ, if you doubt me, just watch out.GEJ succeeds when people (like you don't expect him to)

See how stupid you are, God is the most divine.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by Abugab(m): 10:55am On Jan 30, 2015
Meanwhile, Nigerians are fighting themselves over social media, fathers disowning children, friends knocking of their teeth, insults upon insults which the real king makers are quite. I can say 100% Danjuma and co are against GEJ as he was a victim of GEJ's nonchalance. We all know where OBJ is. Now GEJ and his team have started going to BOW for Sanusi and we all know here the man belongs and his co-travelers. No wonder the GEJ camp is showing so much desperation as GMB truly has majority of the blocks. The game is getting more interesting as this info released by Bakare must not be treated with levity.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by xhamel89: 10:55am On Jan 30, 2015
Clerverly:
The Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said a majority of those that constitute the power blocs in the country are in support of All Progressives Congress pres‎idential candidate, Muhammad Buhari.

He said this while speaking on the theme, ‘Nigeria beyond 2015′, at a public lecture organised by Angola Hall of Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun State, on Wednesday.

According to him, power blocs in any country influence and determine winners during elections.

The Nigerian power blocs, he said, were peoples vote, council of state, clerics, governors, traditional rulers, top entrepreneurs and retired generals.

The cleric said, “Peoples vote determines electoral victory anywhere in the world, the entrenched power blocs determine electoral victory more than anything. There are six or seven political blocs entrenched in Nigeria. The incumbent president and former head of states – council of state. From the council of states, we have two candidates – one former head of state and one incumbent president. There are six others that I want you to consider on whose side they are.

“Traditional rulers, retired generals, who have tasted power, who can you say clearly is the person they are supporting? The governors and let us consider the corporate boys, who are the men of commerce. Where is Aliko Dangote, Otedola,Tony Elumelu and others?

“Look at those who control the large constituents of people on Sunday. Tell me who is Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor backing? Those who influence voting are doing so behind the scene and when the results come, we say ‘they have cheated us’.

“Don’t be deceived by what they say in the paper, a lot happens behind the scene. I agree with you, I have said earlier that my loyalty lies with Buhari and maybe because I am an insider, I know better than you.”

If Buhari emerges victorious, the pastor noted that 100 days would be too much to hand over power to the APC candidate.

He said, “If we don’t run it (Nigeria) properly, we will be running into a major storm that can consume us. The February 2015 election further provides the incubator for the hatching of the dreaded scenarios.

“Nigeria has a way of throwing up anti-climax. If Buhari wins, what will happen between March and May. It is too long a time.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/power-blocs-backing-buhari-bakare/

I don't believe this is coming from this respected Man of God. This is absolutely canal.

God doesnt need 32000 soldiers to help Gideon, even with 300, It was God all the way.

This is what becomes of any servant of God who do like Saul, operating in a wrong calling.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by HopeAlive14(m): 10:55am On Jan 30, 2015
I heard that the licences for the oil blocks will expire this year 2015.

So I begin to understand the frenzy and desperation of some "power blocs" to ensure that this election turns out in their favour.

We all need a Nigeria where things should work for the good of all; not one where our collective wealth will be held in strangulation by a few selfish, self-centered and power hungry "power blocs"

1 Like

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by johnnyblakes(m): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2015
Clerverly:
The Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said a majority of those that constitute the power blocs in the country are in support of All Progressives Congress pres‎idential candidate, Muhammad Buhari.

He said this while speaking on the theme, ‘Nigeria beyond 2015′, at a public lecture organised by Angola Hall of Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun State, on Wednesday.

According to him, power blocs in any country influence and determine winners during elections.

The Nigerian power blocs, he said, were peoples vote, council of state, clerics, governors, traditional rulers, top entrepreneurs and retired generals.

The cleric said, “Peoples vote determines electoral victory anywhere in the world, the entrenched power blocs determine electoral victory more than anything. There are six or seven political blocs entrenched in Nigeria. The incumbent president and former head of states – council of state. From the council of states, we have two candidates – one former head of state and one incumbent president. There are six others that I want you to consider on whose side they are.

“Traditional rulers, retired generals, who have tasted power, who can you say clearly is the person they are supporting? The governors and let us consider the corporate boys, who are the men of commerce. Where is Aliko Dangote, Otedola,Tony Elumelu and others?

“Look at those who control the large constituents of people on Sunday. Tell me who is Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor backing? Those who influence voting are doing so behind the scene and when the results come, we say ‘they have cheated us’.

“Don’t be deceived by what they say in the paper, a lot happens behind the scene. I agree with you, I have said earlier that my loyalty lies with Buhari and maybe because I am an insider, I know better than you.”

If Buhari emerges victorious, the pastor noted that 100 days would be too much to hand over power to the APC candidate.

He said, “If we don’t run it (Nigeria) properly, we will be running into a major storm that can consume us. The February 2015 election further provides the incubator for the hatching of the dreaded scenarios.

“Nigeria has a way of throwing up anti-climax. If Buhari wins, what will happen between March and May. It is too long a time.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/power-blocs-backing-buhari-bakare/

are u scared of ur church being among the first target of boko haram should buhari be defeated?
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by IdrisAdebiye: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2015
1. council of state: 50/50
2. Traditional rulers: 60/40 (in favour of Jonathan)
3. retired generals: 60/40 (in favour of Buhari)
4. who have tasted power: (70/30 in favour of Jonathan)
5. The governors: 50/50
6. corporate boys, Aliko Dangote, Otedola,Tony Elumelu and others: 80/20 (In favour of GEJ)
7. “Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor backing?: 60/40 (in favour of Jonathan)

1 Like

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by FreeGlobe(f): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2015
eminikansoso:

one thing I know is that yoruba population may be too small but it is multiple of 2 of eastern part of Nigeria. Also since History of Nigeria politics any candidate supported by the West apart from Yoruba candidates normally wins the election.
Remove Lagos from Yoruba population and tell us the figure. You think its by always using Lagos population to inflate south west population whereas igbos and other non yorubas make up about 50% of Lagos population.
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by BokoHaramm: 11:03am On Jan 30, 2015
God is backing GEJ so he doesn't need man made power blocs
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by berrystunn(m): 11:07am On Jan 30, 2015
Malam Buhari
1: Truncated democracy
2: promised he would ensure that SHARIA LAW gets to all part of the country
3: Asked MUSLIMS TO VOTE ONLY MUSLIM
4: REFUSED to ATTEND OPUTA PANEL when invited
5: Put Shagari in HOUSE ARREST and DR Alex Ekwueme in PRISON
6: Executed 75% of PTF projects in the NORTH and distributed the remaining 25% among other regions when he was the PTF chairman
7: Banned the Nigerian Medical Association
8: Used SOLDIERS TO FORCE price control
9: Army oppression,
10: Police brutality
11: Courts without justice,

1 Like

Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by mickeymimi: 11:10am On Jan 30, 2015
"
THE GREATEST INSULT IS FOR PEOPLE TO BESTOW FAITH IN YOU AND ENTRUST RESOURCES for a purpose and you take all the benefit s, of the office and then you abandon the responsibility.
You haven't only insulted that office
But you have also insulted the intelligence of every one who entrusted that office in to your hands! "

GEJ once said he knows the people behind boko haram but his mouth was too heavy to it spit out ..all i want is better Nigeria in-respective of the political party .

It's a shame that chadian soldiers are the ones helping us to reclaim our towns ceased by Boko Haram. Corruption has eaten deep into our system, the only way out is to vote for CHANGE.

http://www.punchng.com/news/chadian-soldiers-recapture-nigerian-town-from-bharam/

#VOTE FOR CHANGE
Re: Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare by 2kris(m): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2015
Cigerate nd indian herm get diferece

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose: Advert On Vanguard To Discredit Zenith Bank's Statement / Julius Pondi, Wife & Kids Wear Tompolo's 46th Birthday Customized T-Shirts / DSS Joins Social Media, Gets Handles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.