Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,599 members, 7,801,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested (3179 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP / FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
EFCC arrests Ebonyi Governor’s son, Nnanna Elechi, over alleged money laundering offences

Elechi Nnanna Elechi, son of Ebonyi State governor, Martin Elechi, is currently being quizzed by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Sources at the anti- graft agency confided in PREMIUM TIMES that the member of the Ebonyi first family who arrived the Commission’s head office in Abuja Thursday morning is being grilled over allegations of money laundering running into millions of naira .

He is alleged to be the face of the family’s company that profited from contracts from the state and local governments running into millions of naira and which remain unexecuted less than four months to the end of his father’s tenure.

Mr. Elechi was yet to be released when PREMIUM TIMES checked with EFCC sources at 9 p.m. on Thursday.

Last week the anti-graft agency quizzed the Permanent Secretary of the state Ministry of Works, Cornelius Onwe; while the state’s Accountant General, Edwin Igbele; Commissioner for Finance, Timothy Ogbonnaya Odaa; and Commissioner for Local government and Chieftaincy Matters, Cele Nwali had earlier been being quizzed by operatives of the EFCC, in Abuja.

They were all fingered in allegations of fraud regarding an Asphalt Project earmarked for the 13 local government of the state by the Elechi administration for which monies running into millions of naira was deducted at source, from local government accounts.

The spokesperson for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, could not be reached to comment for this story. He did not answer or return multiple calls made to him. He also did not answer a text message sent to him.

Governor Elechi, a second term governor, will step down on May 29 this year, and investigators suggest he too might be interrogated and prosecuted after his tenure.

Governors and their deputies, just like the President and his vice, are constitutionally immune from trial in Nigeria until after their tenures.

SOURCE:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175918-efcc-arrests-ebonyi-governors-son-nnanna-elechi-alleged-money-laundering-offences.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

ALSO READ:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/111076-my-son-not-a-money-launderer-governor-lamido.html?relatedposts_hit=1&relatedposts_origin=175918&relatedposts_position=0
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lest no man says i support corruption and its allied vices,it is now obvious that once you fall out with PDP/Presidency,the next thing a Governor should expect is the EFCC which would be used to threaten and browbeat him into submission

If the allegedly corrupt Governors were still in the good books of Jonathan,i am sure we would never hear of this issue of money laundering by many of its Governors

Just like it happened with Sule Lamido of Jigawa,Gov Martin Elechi seems to have more coming his way lately

5 Likes

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Elslim: 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
And so it begins...
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
Jonathan's mode of fighting corruption is to use the EFCC to extract loyalty from any erring party member

Sule Lamido's sons issue have been swept under the carpet the moment their father jettison his Presidential ambition yet GEJ says he is fighting corruption with technology

5 Likes

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Young03(m): 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
If u hear how salt FM is praisin elechi everyday..neva knw ds old man and his families ar thiefs
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
beopened:
Lest no man says i support corruption and its allied vices,it is now obvious that once you fall out with PDP/Presidency,the next thing a Governor should expect is the EFCC which would be used to threaten and browbeat him into submission

If the allegedly corrupt Governors were still in the good books of Jonathan,i am sure we would never hear of this issue of money laundering by many of its Governors

Just like it happened with Sule Lamido of Jigawa,Gov Martin Elechi seems to have more coming his way lately
governor elechi solely developed labour party into a force to reckon with in ebonyi politics and after PDP comes labour in terms of popularity and influence. Elechi did this after his guber' candidate professor onyebuchi lost the PDP primary ticket to deputy governor dave umahi. Elechi is corrupt, but I think the president would have given him peace of mind if elechi was not sabotaging PDP in ebonyi state.
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Young03:
If u hear how salt FM is praisin elechi everyday..neva knw ds old man and his families ar thiefs
they are his paid agents, what more do you expect. Ebonyi state government is yet to pay civil servants their minimum wage till date.
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by holatin(m): 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
hmmmnnnn corruption until GEJ probe himself and his wife on the sum of
USD13.5 million was seized from another associate of
Mrs. Jonathan which the anti-graft body said
belonged to the now first lady.”

“what happened to the case of N104m seized from
Nancy Ebere Nwosu who allegedly swore to an
affidavit to the EFCC that she was laundering money
for Dame Patience Jonathan.”

should I continue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Vessi:
governor elechi solely developed labour party into a force to reckon with in ebonyi politics and after PDP comes labour in terms of popularity and influence. Elechi did this after his guber' candidate professor onyebuchi lost the PDP primary ticket to deputy governor dave umahi. Elechi is corrupt, but I think the president would have given him peace of mind if elechi was not sabotaging PDP in ebonyi state.

Yea i know that the report of Elechi's romance with LP must have prompted the clamp down on him by proxy through his son

My grouse is the selective way of fighting corruption by PDP wherein if you are in the good books of the President,you can afford to steal the state blind and nothing will happen to you but once you show any form of dissent,you would be crushed
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
beopened:

Yea i know that the report of Elechi's romance with LP must have prompted the clamp down on him by proxy through his son

My grouse is the selective way of fighting corruption by PDP wherein if you are in the good books of the President,you can afford to steal the state blind and nothing will happen to you but once you show any form of dissent,you would be crushed
that is good luck for you. A partial and unjust leader. Do you think LP will seize the helm of affair in ebonyi state judging by their rapid growth in popularity and number?

1 Like

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Zeezy99: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
Does EFCC still exists? Our governments toothless dog

2 Likes

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by thaoriginator: 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na wa for gej o! If we talk now dem go say we dey hate..

2 Likes

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
thaoriginator:
Na wa for gej o! If we talk now dem go say we dey hate..

The technology through which Jonathan says he wants to fight corruption only triggers off anytime someone is not in his good books

But when you are a confirmed sycophant,the technology will be deaf and dumb

3 Likes

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
Jonathan is a coward! He should be man enough to face the governor instead of witch hunting his son. Same thing he did to Sule Lamido

1 Like

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nuzo1(m): 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
Vessi:
Do you think LP will seize the helm of affair in ebonyi state judging by their rapid growth in popularity and number?

Ebonyi people are experiencing that situation of being caught up in between the devil and the deep blue sea.

The both parties are campaigning seriously with very unelectable candidates.

An emergence of the Labour party candidate will mean a continuation of Elechi's tyrannical rule. While that of PDP may be worst than that.

As it stands now, only very naive and sentimental being can predict who the next governor will be. That being said, ALL OTHER POSITIONS IS ANYBODY's GAME.
Over half of PDP members left the party after the sham PDP primaries.

The only person his winning seems sure is APGA's senatorial candidate for central; Prof Ben Odoh. His chances just got higher now that his major contender; Elechi's son is in hot soup with EFCC.
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na dem dem, make them arrest him papa sef, lock am and throw the key inside River Niger. Nonsense
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
beopened:

Bro he should fight even if its "selective" corruption. I just want those corrupt people to be brought to book whether holistically or selectively. I know that GMB will clean the system

2 Likes

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
Nuzo1:

Ebonyi people are experiencing that situation of being caught up in between the devil and the deep blue sea.

The both parties are campaigning seriously with very unelectable candidates.

An emergence of the Labour party candidate will mean a continuation of Elechi's tyrannical rule. While that of PDP may be worst than that.

As it stands now, only very naive and sentimental being can predict who the next governor will be. That being said, ALL OTHER POSITIONS IS ANYBODY's GAME.
Over half of PDP members left the party after the sham PDP primaries.

The only person his winning seems sure is APGA's senatorial candidate for central; Prof Ben Odoh.
exactly. And i think it is a good thing that no singular party controls the entire political sphere of the young state. Competition and healthy opposition equates good governance. At least the people will have variety of candidates to choose from. Odoh stands a good chance because I see no one voting Elechi's son for ebonyi central senatorial zone because the sins of the father affect the offspring. Nkwegu of LP is a bad pick, Dave umahi is better but he is not the fore sighted and romantic governor the people need at this stage. Imagine all the natural minerals abound in ebonyi state even nigercem? Yet there is no economic activity in the state.
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nuzo1(m): 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by ObiOkpor(m): 12:18am On Jan 30, 2015
Chai! This people don milk Ebonyi dry finish..... Elechi is getting closer to his grave than he think.. The man is just a sadist..
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by jars9: 12:22am On Jan 30, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell the man is a PDP member and GEJ don't need their support if he wants it he can get it, the efcc caught the guy period
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by alaoeri: 12:26am On Jan 30, 2015
So after all these while EFCC is still existing? undecided agency for political witch hunting, all these will stop when the ppl's general takes over.
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Mike928: 1:54am On Jan 30, 2015
Na today? Nobody dey fear EFCC again abeg. They must give you bail, you go drag they case dey go. EFCC?

The president wants to use EFCC now? He has made us see EFCC finish na. These guys are completely confused. Ayim Pius Ayim, or is it Pius Ayim Pius? Whichever, you cannot use EFCC to win elections. Those days are gone. Wake up, its almost dawn. Jan 30th morning is almost here.

Two more weeks.
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by otokx(m): 3:47am On Jan 30, 2015
Selective or not a fight is a fight.
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by 0nyegame(m): 4:01am On Jan 30, 2015
Na wa o...Naija politics is very tiring
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nobody: 4:14am On Jan 30, 2015
No APC candidate for the state?
Re: Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested by Nuzo1(m): 8:21am On Jan 30, 2015
Martins301:
No APC candidate for the state?

There is. His name is Julius Ucha.
He has contested 2 times and failed.

APC made the case worst by rigging the last primaries to his favour. Edeze was supposed to be the flag bearer, and that would have been a landslide for APC cos of the man's likability and of course the division in PDP.

As it is now, Ebonyi is in....and is going to to be in a mess except God intervenes in a special way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeia Will Be History If I Am Arrested Asari Dokubo / Multiple Bombs, Bullets Rock Zaria / Buhari’s Daughter Is Married To New Pdp Chair, Ali-modu Sheriff’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.