Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka (38713 Views)

Nigerian Nation In Disarray Because Of Goodluck Jonathan, Says Prophet Nwoko / The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Drsheddy(m): 9:50am On Jan 30, 2015
Ok
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by eponnla: 9:50am On Jan 30, 2015
fff
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by omenka(m): 9:51am On Jan 30, 2015
Soyinka is no longer a mad old prof as alleged by satanists anymore

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by kendrick9(m): 9:51am On Jan 30, 2015
who will summarize?
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Rapmoney(m): 9:51am On Jan 30, 2015
Majority of Nigerians have very short memory. After all the nonsense Buhari did during the military era, some fools still have intention of supporting him! Now I know that truly, a fool is born every minute in Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by bright8(m): 9:51am On Jan 30, 2015
Summary please.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2015
abeg who get time to read all this complex speech.before you read am finish my data for don't pinish.
Soyinka since 1967 .I'm not ready for grey hair

PDP don't start again. confused party
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by kay1one(m): 9:52am On Jan 30, 2015
I will not vote a dictator into office!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Mattpopson101: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2015
cheesy
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by vantage7: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2015
After reading so much of it I scrolled down only to realize it was a 2007 article. A lot of water has passed under the bridge between then and now. Nigerians have had all sorts of experiences. Circumstances and priorities have changed. And as a result of all that, opinions and allegiances have shifted dramatically. E.g. El-rufai, FFK, OBJ. I want to hear what the Prof has to say today.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by mgbeketoto: 9:53am On Jan 30, 2015
Now, this is an EDUCATED AND WELL-INFORMED, WESTERNER writing.
His NOBEL prize was not earned in vain!
Sai WOLE!!!!! kiss

[size=20pt]The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive.[/size] History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order.

BINGO!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ592KLHyzM

[size=20pt]OLISA BI N'IGWE!!!!! ODUGWU N'AGHA DIKE N'AGHA BU LU HALLELUJAH!!!! OBATOBIE!!![/size]

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by goldman777: 9:53am On Jan 30, 2015
sai buhari the more they try to make buhari look bad d more nigerianns love him and defect to apc.gej pls stop d cheap blackmail or minds are made up febuari 14 here we come
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Akpan107(m): 9:54am On Jan 30, 2015
Buhari is going to no where.

I only pity thoes spending their money for compaign.

Buhari is not fit to rule Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by nwaanambra1(m): 9:54am On Jan 30, 2015
epistle of saint wole to the gullible! undecided

i got my mind made up! i got my whole mind made up!

no one can change my mind until i see CHANGE come FeBUHARI 14! kiss

Enemies can go and die! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Rapmoney(m): 9:55am On Jan 30, 2015
eponnla:
fff

I just wonder why u peeps hardly use ur brain! Look at the rubbish u typed...someone could have used that space to post something reasonable.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by celeron40(m): 9:56am On Jan 30, 2015
Story for Orunmila, Amadioha, and co. To all gods not mentioned, accept my apologies.

Sai Buhari.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by akpanikpe(m): 9:57am On Jan 30, 2015
A GEJ supporter told me to go and hug transformer because I corrected and enlightened him more about the state of the Nation, since the media admin for Support Jonathan has now reason so low for using Gov. Fashola of Lag and Gov. Kwakwaso of Kano's developmental project pictures as Jonathan's achievement for the past 6years, and since yesterday I've been hugging the transformer but there hasn't been power till now.... hehehe...one of the failures of GEJ...#iHaveDecideToVoteForBuhariOsibanjo#

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by thomasjoe1: 9:58am On Jan 30, 2015
Profound!

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by tivta(m): 9:58am On Jan 30, 2015
He who has ears let them ear...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by bumtos(m): 9:59am On Jan 30, 2015
is too long Mr writter. Pls always make it short cos I don't have time to read the epistle. all what we need is Koko(Mainpoints)
Anyway, I think Mr Prof is correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 30, 2015
Let me say this, insult me(APC e warriors) I don't care.

BUHARI can never rule this country again never grandpa!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Samiceman: 10:03am On Jan 30, 2015
holatin:
Bj
Bukola James?
Mouth Action?

Which one?
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 30, 2015
PROCTOR:
Play it short......
NA TOO MUCH BOOK MAKE AM FORGET SAY HIM HAIR AND BEARD DON TOO LONG AND ARE DUE FOR TRIMMING.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by repogirl(f): 10:03am On Jan 30, 2015
Prof tell them abeg!!

History is there for people to learn from but because of illiteracy, semi illiteracy, bigotry and just plain ignorance, they will never learn!

Change begins with you!! If you haven't changed, then how can you effect what you are claiming Rubbish!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 30, 2015
Tell me someone that WS does not have problem with.

Obasanjo
Buhari
Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by yerimastyle(m): 10:03am On Jan 30, 2015
Nigerians in Lagbaja's voice "SURU-LERE OH,all in the Name of CHANGE. !!! Mo sorry fun gbogbo yin ooo.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by olola4(m): 10:04am On Jan 30, 2015
■When President Olusegun Obasanjo was in power
we spent 300 billion per year on the fuel subsidy.
Under the administration of President Goodluck
Jonathan it shot up to 1.3 trillion naira in the last
one year alone.
▶Can someone please explain to me how it got
so high in 4 years and what exactly they were
subsidising with the extra one trillion naira?
■When the Obasanjo government left power in
2007 the country was no longer in debt and the 30
billion dollar foreign debt that Obasanjo met when
he came to power in 1999 was fully paid off.
Today, under the administration of Jonathan, our
country is back in debt to the tune of 41 billion
dollars (both foreign and domestic) and we are still
borrowing.
▶Can someone please tell me what the loans
were used for and whether we will ever be able to
pay them off?
■Foreign reserve nko? # Depleted .
▶Can someone please tell me where all the
money went?
■When the Obasanjo administration left power in
2007 23 billion dollars was left in the Excess Crude
Account after he built it up from nothing in 1999.
Today we do not have one dollar left in that
account because the money has been squandered
and the account scrapped.
▶Can someone explain to me who spent that
money and precisely what it was spent on?
▶▶Can someone please tell me precisely what
has happened to this man Jonathan and what has
got into his head? This government is not only
# weak, it not only lacks # direction but it is also
# insensitive and #callous . ▶President Jonathan,
the King #Rehoabam of our time, has hardened his
heart unto # destruction , just like Pharaoh once did,
and he has fallen into the trap that has been set
for him by God and by his enemies.
May the Lord save Nigeria from this # mess and
from this weak man and may the Nigerian people
themselves # WakeUP from their # accursed
# slumber and take their destiny into their own
hands.
▶The smell of religious war, sectarian violence,
regional and ethnic conflict, insecurity, untold
suffering, rampant poverty and economic hardship
is in
the air. Nigerians are divided as never before and
our country is slowly crumbling and dying before
our very eyes.
●Who will save Nigeria?
●Who will stand up and say enough is enough?
●Who will pull us back from the brink? ●Who can
we count on to take the bull by the horns and do
the right thing?
▶▶ There must be a lawful and democratic
# change.
My God let there be a change. . . .--(Amen)
---FEMI FANI-KAYODE,
Former aviation minister & # current media/publicity
director of President Jonathan's campaign org.
And all # reasonable Nigerians shall say
# AMEEENNNNNN !
# Fact # RealityOnGround # ThinkNigeria
# RiseAboveDECEPTION . # ThereWasFFK .
Fellow Nigerians, Let us rise above ethnic jingoism
and religious sentimentalism and tribal bigotry ....
# EmbraceChange and vote # BuhariOsinbajo2015 .
# Alaafia .
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by bumtos(m): 10:04am On Jan 30, 2015
you think say I have time to read the epistles? I have no comment 'coz I dont read it. Chikena :
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by apcmustwin(f): 10:04am On Jan 30, 2015
Shoyinka, fi oyinbo sile. Lowo ti awa bayi, Buhari ni o.

WeHaveDecided!!!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by rexoluj(m): 10:04am On Jan 30, 2015
Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. - Wole Soyinka

This Article was written in 2007 and I believe both Soyinka and Buhari have changed over time.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 30, 2015
Thank God, Professor Soyinka has PhD. Too bad he does pass through the simplicity of words to express himself. In that he failed woefully in expression.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

RIP Subsidy: Youths Bearing Coffin Celebrate The "Death Of Subsidy" / Akwa Ibom Christmas Village Has Generated Over N1bn Within One Month - Esin / Meet Oyeyemi Halima: 25-Year-Old LGA Councilor In Osun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.