Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka (38720 Views)

Nigerian Nation In Disarray Because Of Goodluck Jonathan, Says Prophet Nwoko / The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by mindtrickss: 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
undecidedChange from frying-pan to fire I guess
kingthreat:
This is an old article written around 2007. Exactly how I felt about Buhari in 2003/2007. But now he seems like the best person to manage the madness, cluelessness, mediocriity and corruption eating this country everyday. Even Soyinka himself had to be stranded on the hold-up for several hours because of the illiterate first lady was in Lagos. Now he knows better.

Sai Buhari
Change is what we deserve
No to incompetent leadership
No to thieves in power
Yes for the better future of we and our children
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Toby30(m): 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
fharmah:
chai Shey u no do summary 4 skul
C dem full copy nd paste
Op himself no even ready am at all

Lol if him no read am how him come write am grin

but leme not lie na half way i read am before i tire. eyes come de pain me sef.

but i read the highlighted part where he emphasized on Buhari's tirancy smiley
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Toby30(m): 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
fharmah:
chai Shey u no do summary 4 skul
C dem full copy nd paste
Op himself no even ready am at all

Lol if him no read am how him come write am grin

but leme not lie na half way i read am before i tire. eyes come de pain me sef.

but i read the highlighted part where he emphasized on Buhari's tirancy smiley
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Stepola: 12:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
BE CAREFUL WHO YOU VOTE FOR

Your future depends on your choice

Fellow Nigerians, we have Just few days to our elections and below are some vital things we must consider before casting our vote.

1. Buhari killed Ben ogedengbe by a death penalty for a crime that didn't carry death penalty when he committed it.

2. Buhari doesn't attend the Federal Council meetings yet collects his allowances. Mr. Integrity indeed.

3. Buhari canceled former Governor Jakande's metroline and forfeited the $50 million paid for it by the then Lagos State Government

4 Buhari used Violence to stop the September 1985 National Conference of the National AssociatIon of Nigeria Students.

5. Buhari jailed Tai Solarin and denied him his asthma drugs simply because he campaigned against military rule and for democracy.

6. Buhari Jailed Nduka irabor and Tunde Thompson for writing a truthful report which embarrassed his Government

7. Buhari raided respected Papa Awolowo's house and seized his passport so he couldn't travel out of the country. Was he also corrupt?

8.Buhari threw Former vice President Alex Ekweme in jail even though it was proven that Ekweme never stole any money.

9. He jailed honest and respected pa Adekunle Ajasin.

10. He jailed Fela Kuti in I984 for singing against the dictatorial tendencies of his Military Government

11 Doctors, remember that Buhari banned the Nigeria medical Association (NMA)

12. Buhari stopped Ooni of Ife for traveling abroad simply because he visited the holy land of Israel in 1984

13. He broke up press conference of ASSU in 1984 and detained four of their executives

14 He jailed Beko Ransome Kuti who only demanded for the release of his brother.

15 He jailed Dr. Sam Onunaka Mbakwe.

16 He jailed Awwal Ibrahim now the Emir of Niger State before IBB pushed him aside.
Nigerians must be careful with what they wish for!

Please share this post to keep Nigeria democratic and free from oppression.......

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by ola9ja(m): 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
this should have been a book!!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by GoodluckLagos: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
Yes this is a long article, but it is essential reading. Soyinka's argument is that Buhari was both a dictator and a hypocrite - neither of which speak of a decent democratic leadership.
There's a shorter piece here http://www.theglgp.com/nigeria-must-learn-from-our-history/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by ril19(m): 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
it's too lengthy jare. when I saw Soyinka I knew it would be like this. I'll read it when I'm........
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by allbright(m): 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
My people, vote your conscience. Don't be manipulated. If your pastor says don't vote for a Muslim, ask him if Daniel served a saint; whether Modeccai did not serve King Ahaseurus and if Joseph was not a prime Minister under Pharaoh. This election is not about North versus South, nor is it Christian versus Muslim. It is about Nigeria and good governance. Don't allow politicians divide us. When they share money, they don't talk about religion. When they want donations from Aliko Dangote, they don't remember he is a Muslim. When they enter an aircraft, they don't ask the religious faith of the pilot. When their bosses are atheists, they don't resign from the job. When an Alhaji gives them contracts, they don't reject it. They and their wives go to Dubai to spend money. Dubai is in United Arab Emirate but they have no problems buying houses in Dubai. But when it comes to politics back home, they say they want to ISLAMISE you. Yet, some of these people were spiritual consultants to Abacha. Vote your conscience. If you want to vote for Jonathan, vote for him based on your conviction that he has performed in your estimation and not because he is a "Christian". If you want to vote for Buhari, vote for him because you feel disenchanted with Jonathan government, not because he is a Muslim. Say NO to bigotry. God bless Nigeria.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by calaway: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
thaoriginator:
Bros I tire o! Too much book no good o! Person go just siddon begin dey write plenty like dis..

Someone should please tell that baba it's Sai FeBuhari o!
fit followers of an illitrate leader.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by princef: 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
We wave at history, but it determines our future. I'm saddened by what I have just read.

Nigeria is not a reading nation and many wouldn't spend time to read this lengthy but exposing paragraphs nor understand this high intellectual depositions. The summary of this article is that GMB was cruel, tribal, and a devil incarnate in his regime as military president. The south westerners and Easterners were oppressed and suppressed; but we are his fore bearers .

GMB should not be allowed to smell Aso rock. OBj and his likes are doing us great disservice paving ways to stage a re-launch of such a man knowing that this man has his heart at the back. The youths should wake up because baba is old; he has no stake.

I'm surprised at the apex of ovation by our younger generation for the second coming of a dictator and I wonder what they see. What personal development has GMB attained since 1985 he left power, what contributions has he done to this nation, no regrets for the human rights violated, name it. They say his poor, has no houses or cars... like ourselves, but we are not told what he's engaged on since leaving office.

Please let's not allow GMB ascend the presidency. Vote GEJ, we have no alternative jo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by acadollar(m): 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
Wise man words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by shepherdnoble: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
Long note!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by nellyjohn: 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2015
Never are we going to allow such man rule us again. God forbid. We don't want such history to repeat itself again
GEJ till 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by holatin(m): 2:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
elohorayodele:

Lol, commenting like a robot for 50 years is not hard to achieve. Go back and read your first comment on this topic. Completely senseless. No more words for you.
see this clueless kid
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by 30pence: 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
kingthreat:
This is an old article written around 2007. Exactly how I felt about Buhari in 2003/2007. But now he seems like the best person to manage the madness, cluelessness, mediocriity and corruption eating this country everyday. Even Soyinka himself had to be stranded on the hold-up for several hours because of the illiterate first lady was in Lagos. Now he knows better.

Sai Buhari
No to thieves in power
God bless Nigeria

wat made u think he's d best person?
Facts nt emotion.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by kingthreat(m): 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
30pence:

wat made u think he's d best person?
Facts nt emotion.

I'm not saying he is the best person. But compared to Jonathan, whom nobody takes seriously in his cabinet, he is far a better option. There are many things about Buhari I strongly disagree with. But At this point in Nigeria, we need someone to take the bull by the horns.
We have been managing with Jonathan for 6 years and still Nigeria hasn't gotten better. They kidnap our girls in a day and it takes 18 more days before your government searches for them. CBN governor says 20 billion got missing and the whole story is covered up. If we keep voting in people who have no concern about you or me, do you expect them to perform any better when given another chance?
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by SweetyZinta(f): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
holatin:
The aparo hunter has talk again
Who are the nation against buhari ?
Smh
dat crap was published in 2007 not even 2011 so its no longer relevant. Old things hv bcom new. Sai Buhari!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by caniva(m): 3:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
Please if you truly read this post before commenting, KINDLY SIGNIFY
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by tirocino(m): 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
Records are kept not only to aid memory but also a guild in the future,although am an apathy,there are somethings I cannot stand for. The West and North are moving again,GEJ and Buhari are not our only choice but still I prefer GEJ. Ndi igbo ndi oma ekele kwa m unu. This write up is a most read

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by nortcentrallord(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
Little wonder the white man said"if u want to hide anything from a black man, put it in a book" he who detests knoledge, detest freedom and even life. All other rights stands on the right to life. What a shame most Nigerians have refused to find out our true history and when they are helped with it, they refuse to read it. I wander how some of you managed to get any certificate @ all. All I see are people blinded by religion, ethnicity.... what a shame. read and be educated. Read and free yourselves from slavery. READ far and wild. READ.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by VoteWisely: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
#VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by greatgeo(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
Nigerians don't read history and learn fm d past I can write this cos of freedom of information. We can't go back when every other nation is moving forward. Let ask ourselves this question. Why would someone if not hungry for power do all that to his fellow human and is coming for d 4th times to become president to unleash who he is really is time and again? D nigeria of d 80s is not Nigeria of now.
Vote wisely

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Elxandre(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
I decided to keep my vote.
such a pity these are the

but aren't there other candidates?
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by POTUT(m): 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
I had read this Soyinka's article sometime ago. People like him who know the weight and worth of precedence cannot help weeping for the people and nation of Nigeria, who in their circumstances repeatedly refuse and abhor correction.

Why do we as Nigerians reward undesirable elements every time? Buhari should stand trial, so should IBB and everyone who had robbed this nation of democratic progress. Buhari set us back 16 years alone when he marched Shagari out in 1983. Yes, it took us 16 years to get that democracy and rule of law back. Should another unscrupulous miscreant like him choose to truncate this present democracy through a coup today, how would Nigerians reward such a miscreant 30 years after?

I wonder what value Nigerians place on their nation...i just wonder!!!

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by 2thpick: 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
agoadiv:
You and who is going to read all dat? angry undecided

I think say I go see person make comment down there so I go get the summary . but noboby gree read am

wow,so this thread made front page?? in that case am first to comment....but still I can't read all those words up there.....beta to read abt buhari history!

teamNobody2015
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Shazee74: 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
This piece was written in 2007, when buhari was contestin against yaradua, am sure now btw GEJ vs GMB, wole soyinka wud vote GMB atleast b'cos of PEJ
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by OBIchinon: 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
DesChyko:
Page saved.
We weren't born then, but our fathers felt the axe's metal fully.
What we don't know, they shall reveal to us.
And why we must put our youthful naive agitations aside and seek wisdom in the experience of the elderly.
For what they saw sitting down, our mothers' wombs haven't even borne us to witness.
I fear o so these people shouting buhari this and that actually want to teach an old dog a new trick this buhari of a man should be in jail for crime against humanity,yet some uninformed youth are busy calling for this old fool,this clearly runs contrary and make nonsence of this wise saying 'A child who's father was killed by a mad man, when he sees a mechanic he is always on the run but this is not a mechanic pa say but the very mad man that did the killing and the yong man instead of run for his life decided to stand and have a hand shake a deadly one at that,is a pity.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by OBIchinon: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2015
kendrick9:
the professor has spoken.
Gejtill2019
thank God I have my PVC GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by adegbitefunke: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2015
I Dont want to believe whole Soyinka wrote this .He no get work to do.

I just pity this old book warmer.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by OBIchinon: 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
kingthreat:

Sai Buhari
No to thieves in power
God bless Nigeria
Go back to the stone age if you want for me and my family it is sai GEj

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by kingthreat(m): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
OBIchinon:
Go back to the stone age if you want for me and my family it is sai GEj

Yeah if your family was in Chibok,Baga,Bama you won't be saying this nonsense. Or perhaps you feel you're better than those there that had to die/displaced while and incompetent government did nothing? If you perhaps were still an unemployed on the streets, neither would you be wishing continuity based on your tribalistic views. Here is a fellow Ibo man like yourself. Was a victim of an insurgency and had to take care of himself after that. Crave for good leadership, not leadership based on sentiments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJD6c6Jv5E
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Boyooosa(m): 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
Av copied and saved the 'story for the gods' by Wole Sooyinka..... I will read it when I grow old lyk him... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The ‘landlords’ Of NASS: Longest Serving Lawmakers In The National Assembly (pic / What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? / Sirajo Alkali Dies, Jonathan’s Police Outrider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.