Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,827 members, 7,798,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka (38707 Views)

Nigerian Nation In Disarray Because Of Goodluck Jonathan, Says Prophet Nwoko / The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Orikinla(m): 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2015
[size=18pt]Let me remind the poster and everyone reading this; that Prof. Wole Soyinka, the first black Nobel laureate in Literature has repeatedly warned that political opportunists should stop quoting his past remarks to attack and validate their personal vendetta against Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd).

The irony of this post is the OP is desperately quoting Prof. Soyinka out of context of the current state of the nation. I advise the OP and others misusing the valid points of the erudite scholar on the unpleasant military past of Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd), that they need to grow up as we all who were witnesses of that melodramatic period in the history of Nigeria have also grown up. Lest we forget, that many former cultists on Nigerian campuses are today among the CEOs of leading corporations in Nigeria and doing their best for the nation.
It is like a man meeting a woman he wants to marry and then decides to use her past imperfections to judge her before the wedding day and if all husbands had done that, I wonder how many of us would have married the women who had slept with several men and committed many abortions and other crimes of misadventures in romance.

Prof. Wole Soyinka, we all know is an idol worshiper and free thinker is entitled to his own beliefs and opinions on life and using a military dictatorship as the basis for the disapproval of the democratic ambition of Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd) is not justified and lest we forget that every decision of Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd) as military head of state was approved by the Supreme Military Council (SMC). And among the members were military officers from the south east, south-south and south west and uncles and relations of many of these hypocrites attacking him today.
See all the members on http://www.gamji.com/article6000/news7202.htm, and they include leading founding fathers of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) now deliberately using the same military past of Gen. Muhammad Buhari to malign him.
And prominent among them are the following.
Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda, Brigadier Ola Oni, Brigadier Paul Omu, Navy Captain Ebitu Ukiwe, Navy Captain Allison Madueke, husband of Petroleum Minister, Mrs Diezani Allison Madueke, current President of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and one of President Goodluck Jonathan's closest allies; Brigadier Jerry Useni, Navy Captain Ekpo Archibong, Major-General M.D.Jega, Brigadier Ike Nwachukwu, Air-Commodore U.Muazu, Lt-Colonel David Mark current President of the Nigerian Senate and leading chieftain of the PDP; Lt-Colonel Donaldson Oladipo Diya and others who all took the decisions of the SMC.

For Senator David Mark, Jerry Useni and Mrs. Diezani Allison Madueke of the PDP to turn around and be attacking and condemning Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd) to mislead majority of ignorant Nigerian youths with an unprofessional TV documentary and other erroneous allegations only exposed the evil hypocrisy and wickedness of the PDP and President Goodluck Jonathan whose only desperation for a second term is not for the interest of the masses, but for the greed of his political mafia and the oligarchy from the Niger Delta to Abuja.

Their hypocritical campaign of calumny to "give a dog a bad name and hang it" is in bad taste, and a childish and foolish waste of time.
Only fools wrestle with ghosts from the past.
[/size]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by mctech(m): 7:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. Besides, which military man wouldn't use his power? More importantly, the masses enjoyed him. Peace, security and prosperity at that time. What of the people who lost their lives during the lmmigration sham of a test? What of the countless millions whose dreams and hopes are being shattered because of GEJ's cluelessness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Orikinla(m): 8:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
mctech:
Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. Besides, which military man wouldn't use his power? More importantly, the masses enjoyed him. Peace, security and prosperity at that time. What of the people who lost their lives during the lmmigration sham of a test? What of the countless millions whose dreams and hopes are being shattered because of GEJ's cluelessness?

1000 Likes.

The PDP and hired goons think Nigerians are fools who can be deceived by their hypocrisy.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by raymondinc(m): 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=felifeli post=30255508][/quote] Sir, indeed you are right, Buhari is a cameleon and a criminal who had seeked opportunity over all these years. The fact remains that we are in Democracy and we don't need Millitary Era whether being it past or present.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by raymondinc(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]Let me remind the poster and everyone reading this; that Prof. Wole Soyinka, the first black Nobel laureate in Literature has repeatedly warned that political opportunists should stop quoting his past remarks to attack and validate their personal vendetta against Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd).

The irony of this post is the OP is desperately quoting Prof. Soyinka out of context of the current state of the nation. I advise the OP and others misusing the valid points of the erudite scholar on the unpleasant military past of Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd), that they need to grow up as we all who were witnesses of that melodramatic period in the history of Nigeria have also grown up. Lest we forget, that many former cultists on Nigerian campuses are today among the CEOs of leading corporations in Nigeria and doing their best for the nation.
It is like a man meeting a woman he wants to marry and then decides to use her past imperfections to judge her before the wedding day and if all husbands had done that, I wonder how many of us would have married the women who had slept with several men and committed many abortions and other crimes of misadventures in romance.

Prof. Wole Soyinka, we all know is an idol worshiper and free thinker is entitled to his own beliefs and opinions on life and using a military dictatorship as the basis for the disapproval of the democratic ambition of Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd) is not justified and lest we forget that every decision of Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd) as military head of state was approved by the Supreme Military Council (SMC). And among the members were military officers from the south east, south-south and south west and uncles and relations of many of these hypocrites attacking him today.
See all the members on http://www.gamji.com/article6000/news7202.htm, and they include leading founding fathers of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) now deliberately using the same military past of Gen. Muhammad Buhari to malign him.
And prominent among them are the following.
Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda, Brigadier Ola Oni, Brigadier Paul Omu, Navy Captain Ebitu Ukiwe, Navy Captain Allison Madueke, husband of Petroleum Minister, Mrs Diezani Allison Madueke, current President of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and one of President Goodluck Jonathan's closest allies; Brigadier Jerry Useni, Navy Captain Ekpo Archibong, Major-General M.D.Jega, Brigadier Ike Nwachukwu, Air-Commodore U.Muazu, Lt-Colonel David Mark current President of the Nigerian Senate and leading chieftain of the PDP; Lt-Colonel Donaldson Oladipo Diya and others who all took the decisions of the SMC.

For Senator David Mark, Jerry Useni and Mrs. Diezani Allison Madueke of the PDP to turn around and be attacking and condemning Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd) to mislead majority of ignorant Nigerian youths with an unprofessional TV documentary and other erroneous allegations only exposed the evil hypocrisy and wickedness of the PDP and President Goodluck Jonathan whose only desperation for a second term is not for the interest of the masses, but for the greed of his political mafia and the oligarchy from the Niger Delta to Abuja.

Their hypocritical campaign of calumny to "give a dog a bad name and hang it" is in bad taste, and a childish and foolish waste of time.
Only fools wrestle with ghosts from the past.
[/size]

you liar! How much were you paid?
We all know the truth and the truth can never remain hidden. Go back and do your home work properly.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by dablazor: 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
This post is actually far-fetched, a lot of reasonable Nigerians are still pretty undecided on who to cast their votes for.
Buhari's past is pretty shaddy, and I really don't wish to have a president with a dark past, and voting just so to be optimistic of a rather different future, let's be real... Buhari is not a saint.
Try speaking to Nigerian elders who were alive and well during the Buhari regime and you would be pretty shaken on about what they had to say..
I won't vote for GEJ neither would I vote GMB, buh tbt, am not a fan of the GEJ's administration, it feels corruption spiraled out of control during this administration, and I always have my heart in my mouth whenever he is on TV, I remember verywell when he was on Amanpour on CNN, I was with some foreign friends, and I was so humiliated, he also seem pretty clueless, and feeble, but the former seems better than the later..
My unbiased opinion though.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by ighodalonosa(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
ALL PRESIDENT JONATHANS SUPPORTERS, GET YOUR VOTERS CARD READY LETS EMBARRASS THESE PEOPLE. MY GENERATION WILL NEVER TAKE THIS. WE ARE MODERN AND EDUCATED FOR GOD'S SAKE. look at buharis sins. too much.
ABEG sai GEJ. I will no longer support buhari. he is not really anti corruption.
sai GEJ.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
I don't like Buhari! Why would somebody with reasoning faculty votes him as a democratic president is beyond me! Smh...! cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by biafranqueen: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
felifeli:

Typical Buhari people. Go school , read book , you no gree . Na only to shout SAI BUHARI SAI BUHARI like molue conductor at Oshodi dem sabi. grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
I enjoy reading the article with all enthusiasm. It makes me to have better idea of who Buhari is in his lying outlook besides what I know about him. Wole Soyinka is one of my mentors!

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
all4naija:
I enjoy reading the article with all enthusiasm. It makes me to have better idea of who Buhari in his lying outlook beside what I know about him. Wole Soyinka is one of my mentors!

Chief All4Naija ... how far? Long time!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by loomer: 9:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
NA WAEC I DE READ FOR?
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

Chief All4Naija ... how far? Long time!
I am good! It is quite a long time. How are you doing?
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by johntolu: 1:27am On Jan 31, 2015
I went through the Prof.'s 'historical essay,' and I quite agreed with him, on all the 'grievious sins' of General Buhari, when he was in power. Special mention must be made of the efforts of one of the illustrious sons of Nigeria, Pa Tai Solarin. He shone lika a 'million stars, during the evil reign of Buhari-Idiagbon, when almost everybody went 'underground' in the face of oppression and draconian rule. He boldly demanded an end to millitary rule and a return to civillian rule. He was always at the Campos Square, Lagos Island, every Saturday campaigning for a return to civil rule in Nigeria, and he had a large followership then. He was picked up by the junta and just as the Prof. mentioned, he was not even allowed to take his medication for Asthma during his incarceration. Such was the evil that pervaded the land during the 20 months 'reign of terror'. What I found most intriguing, is how Buhari was able to have this popularity he is having in a democratic dispensation. The 12 million votes he secured during the last election, is a confirmation of his popularity and general acceptance nationwide. The reason for Buhari's popularity in my own estimation, is as a result of the 'arrogance and misrule of the PDP, especially, during the rule of General Obasanjo. The power brokers in the party, never believed there will be a day, when votes will count in elections in Nigeria, hence the statement by one of their leaders, that PDP will rule Nigeria for 70 years. I believe the credit for the current political activism in Nigeria, should go to President Musa Yar'adua, who was honest enough, to admit that the election that brought him to office, was flawed and he put in place, a corrective action, that is hunting the ruling party now. I pray the election will be peacefully conducted and the 'minority will have their say', and the 'majority will have their way'. I implore all eligible voters to act as their conscience dictate and be conscious about the future of generation yet unborn in whatever decision they take, on February, 14th, 2015.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by umahi69: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2015
A wise saying,GEJ( Goodluck Ebere Jonathan) is not doing it right, but GMB (General Muhammad Buhari) is not an Option. That is the summary of Prof.Wole soyinka!!!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by clemostika: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2015
felifeli:

Na who send you go California ? Igbo dey smell for your mouth
lol...
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by clemostika: 10:30am On Jan 31, 2015
Proof I hail o! But I go try read am small small. Make I go shit!!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by elohorayodele: 3:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
holatin:
see this clueless kid

Adult like you saying 'you will be ban'. Go back to school old man. Illiterate janjarweed supporting an illiterate general
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by holatin(m): 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
elohorayodele:

Adult like you saying 'you will be ban'. Go back to school old man. Illiterate janjarweed supporting an illiterate general
you don't even know d meaning of illiterate and you are here ranting
go and play with your toy kiddo
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by elohorayodele: 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
holatin:
you don't even know d meaning of :Pilliterate and you are here ranting
go and play with your toy kiddo

'You will be ban' grin
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by beejaay: 6:26am On Dec 04, 2015
[quote author=felifeli post=30255508][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Unveils Her New Government House / APC Has No Governorship Candidate In Bayelsa - Court / Akwa Ibom Christmas Village Has Generated Over N1bn Within One Month - Esin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.