Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo (13169 Views)

2face Ft. Rkelly, "flex" : Listen Here / I Am A Beast - Rkelly Disses Neyo / Who Is More Handsome:rkelly Or Usher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by rockyfela(m): 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2008
Well this was how the track with rkelly came about,  so for all of you who called it fake (KHANYE) this is to disprove you it wasn't fake,  its a long and intresting interview of 2face,  Read and enjoy.

http://www.modernghana.com/moviep/3658/3/pageNum1/im-on-good-terms-with-the-mothers-of-my-children2f.html#continue

AS FOR WHERE HE TALKS ABOUT THE RKELLY PRODUCED SONG READ THIS LINK BELOW:

http://www.modernghana.com/moviep/3658/3/pageNum2/im-on-good-terms-with-the-mothers-of-my-children2f.html#continue

THIS IS EXACTLY WAT HE SAID 4RM D LINK ABOVE ABOUT THE R.KELLY SONG BEFORE YOU PEOPLE CRITICIZE HIM 2 DEATH :-

[b]How was it like working with R. Kelly?
The collaboration was facilitated by Toyin Subair; who actually got in contact with R. Kelly's people and eventually got in contact with R. Kelly. It was like he suggested my name to him, and R. Kelly expressed his willingness to do a song with an African artiste. He heard my song, Toyin spoke to him and he said, 'I will produce a song, do the chorus and give it to your boy to put his voice on it.' Then Toyin went ahead to arrange for a meeting between R. Kelly and I. So, I had to go down to Chicago to meet him. When we met him he was even playing basketball and we joined him. It was a fun meeting with a whole lot of other guys around. He actually gave us VIP passes to all his concerts but we were not in America all the way so we didn't attend all the shows. We only went to two of the concerts and we had backstage access. At one of the shows he called us on stage when he wanted to perform 'Step in the name of the Lord.' This was in Columbus and there were up to 15 girls on stage to do the song with him. I was really excited to meet somebody I have looked up to for so long, somebody whose musical works I respect.[/b]
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by khanye(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2008
Lies! undecided
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by ajayi1(m): 8:18am On Dec 28, 2008
Speachless shocked
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by tolala(m): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2008
ITS SAD THAT PROPHETS ARE NEVER APPRECIATED IN THEIR LANDS.NOT UNTIL WE SEE THIS GUYS MAKING US PROUD INTERNATIONALLY WE DONT GIVE THEM THE RESPECT DUE TO THEM.THIS HUMBLE,TRUE PRIDE TO AFRICANS IS LOVED ALL OVER THE WORLD SO HATERS YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER.R KELLY WOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN TO THE HIEGHT HE GOT TO WITHOUT THE AMERICANS BEHIND HIM.TU FACE HAS BEEN ENTERTAINING US COME RAIN COME SUNSHINE FOR CLOSE TO 2 DECADES.OUR SUPPORT IS ALL HE NEEDS AND NOT FOR US TO RUN OUR MOUTH PUBLICLY.TAKE A LOOK AT UR LIFE, CAN U SAW UR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOOR IS PROUD OF U? TALKLESS LAGOSIAN.
TUFACE IS THE GREATEST ARTIST IN AFRICA FULL STOP!!!
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by jenesy123: 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2008
@poster wetin u expect 2face to talk. no pictures to prove his collab with r.kelly. he go buy r.kelly voice and put am for him song it's really a big shame. when he duet with beenie man everybody see am. this na rubbish act.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by rockyfela(m): 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2008
jenesy123 yet anoda new nairalander jst 4 d topic? U r just hatin on d nigga, Even if him buy r.kelly voice wat do u call it? Wat do u know about a collabo? Game ft lilwayne, did lil wayne do a verse? no he just did the hook. and pls they pay lil wayne, t pain a lot of money just to have their voice on a track and rather than hate at 2baba u may atleast praise his effort (he paid for the voice) ok yea he paid 4 it so wat? U people think artists have to be in d same studio before its a collabo? Pls Technology has made it that you do your part in your studio and send it to the other artist to do his part. WATCH D MAKING OF ARAB MONEY REMIX SONG WHERE BUSTA FT MANY ACTS THEY WERE IN DIFFERENT STUDIOS TALKIN ON THE FONE.

SO PLS THAT HE PAID 4 IT OR NOT HE GOT THE TRACK 4RM RKELLY THATS WAT MATTERS. HE TRIED AND HE IS TRYING HIS BEST 2 TAKE NAIJA MUSIC ACROSS THE GLOBE AND U STAY HERE HATING ON HIM DONT 4GET HE IS UNSTOPABLE, WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO HATE ON HIM HE HAS BEEN 2 THE MOON.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by jenesy123: 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2008
rockyfela:

jenesy123 yet another new nairalander jst 4 d topic? U r just hatin on d nigga, Even if him buy r.kelly voice what do u call it? what do u know about a collabo? Game ft lilwayne, did little wayne do a verse? no he just did the hook.

there u go read ur quote. lil wayne feature live in that single both studio and video. why hype all over 2face feature r.kelly as if he's is an upcoming artist the track sucks! i see reason why i can buy any nigeria r&b,hip-hop or rap. no hell no! while listen to imitators if i can access the originators.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by rockyfela(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2008
lol so ur problem is with the nigerian music industry as a whole? Piece of advice 4 u ( YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON THIS THREAD) there are so many non-nigerian blogs go comment on lilwayne nd the rest their songs, I am certain you like (African queen, Gong aso, Why me ) etc and many naija songs. So i see no point of ur criticism. If perhaps u dont like any of the songs then i REST ma case, and plead with you 2 stick wiv ma advice cos den it wd rather have been better You neva joined nairaland, It was fine without you, (no insults intended)

PS wat if they decide 2 shoot a video for the song? you only commented on game ft lilwayne, Y not the arab money song? HW ARE U SURE LIL WAYNE WAS IN THE SAME STUDIO AS THE GAME? excluding the video?
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2008
rockyfela:

. . . an African artiste. He heard my song, Toyin spoke to him and he said, 'I will produce a song, do the chorus and give it to your boy to put his voice on it.' Then Toyin went ahead to arrange for a meeting between R. Kelly and I. So, I had to go . . .

How much respect is in that statement? NONE! R.Kelly didn't give Tuface a fresh track. He just dug up something from the old, dusty collections and modified it for him. He didn't consider it important. I think Tuface was just being a boy-boy.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by biola007: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2008
all those nija hip-hop r&b, rap. are sucks u can hate me who cares.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by jenesy123: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2008
rockyfela:

lol so ur problem is with the nigerian music industry as a whole? Piece of advice for you ( YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON THIS THREAD) there are so many non-nigerian blogs go comment on lilwayne nd the rest their songs, I am certain you like (African queen, Gong aso, Why me ) etc and many naija songs. So i see no point of ur criticism. If perhaps u don't like any of the songs then i REST ma case, and plead with you 2 stick with ma advice because den it wd rather have been better You never joined nairaland, It was fine without you, (no insults intended)

PS what if they decide 2 shoot a video for the song? you only commented on game ft lilwayne, Y not the arab money song? HW ARE U SURE little WAYNE WAS IN THE SAME STUDIO AS THE GAME? excluding the video?
u brought up little wayne and the game as a reference. that was why i pointed out that for yah. did u know what they called "access granted "here. go and see it u will definitely see that both were in the studio. u are bashing me for not listen to nija sucks then i don't have to join NL? this is funny. so the forum is only meant for nija r&b,hip-hop,rap. enthusiast? is it a crime to throw my opinion out? listen i be nija for real if i wan enjoy nija music i go listen to fela, some fuji music, juju music, sometimes lagbaja, then lord of ajasa. not all these trash figure out.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by Okute1: 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2008
Guys , Make una no take this thing too personal now, Haba, No one has anymore right to post to this thread than anyone else , All man dey entitled to their opinions withouth anyone else trying to smother them,

I think the issue some or most peeps have is that this has long been hyped as Tubaba featuring Kels and most peeps are just disappointed that its just a mix of Tubaba singing over Kels hooks, In my opinion, all that happened was that Tubaba asked kels for permission to sing over his hooks,
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by geolabious(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2008
[size=13pt]Abeg wetin be ur own if he borrow or buy rkelly's song
Habaaaaaa[/size]
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by mrmetoo1: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2008
khanye:

Lies! undecided
jenesy123:

@poster wetin u expect 2face to talk. no pictures to prove his collab with r.kelly. he go buy r.kelly voice and put am for him song it's really a big shame. when he duet with beenie man everybody see am. this na rubbish act.
mactao:

How much respect is in that statement? NONE! R.Kelly didn't give Tuface a fresh track. He just dug up something from the old, dusty collections and modified it for him. He didn't consider it important. I think Tuface was just being a boy-boy.

I really really hate coming online and talking rubbish about ppl but statements like these just make me wonder if ppl are using their intelligence to the fullest capacity. R. Kelly is a world known artist, one of the biggest names in entertainment today. So of course whatever he does for 2face, he's going to be doing him a favor. R.Kelly's voice is his asset and he was willing to invest in 2face, thats something. He listened to 2face's song before he went ahead, what does that tell u? These guys have songs that are written already, like beats for producers and if they like u and are willing to work with u, they give u one of their songs or beats.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by youngdee(m): 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ Poster thanks man, but you really dont need to go this far all because of haterz cos even after they see the video they will still have something to say that it's not R Kelly they see. We all know Tu face is doing his best for Naija music industry cos he is the 1st to win anything internationally and first to do anything internationally, so why hating on him? If you like kill urself. He already said in his new album that he wanna be free like a bird, cos he no like yawa he like being sincere. Listen to the track Free haterz.

I rep TU BABA 4 LIFE.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by steve49ja(m): 11:38am On Dec 29, 2008
I wish i can get all ya haterz together and flog the living day light out of ya! angry angry angry angry angry

Take ya hating somewhere else
2baba is good and deserves all the applause the World can give
''ima do me and let u do you, thats the difference between me and you, i mind ma biz and don't look at what others do, let me be because i don pay my dues. . . . . . i wanna be free free free free like a bird i thought you knew i no like yawa i like peace instead, see bad belle people de do like se dem no know se dem no fit pull me down''2 baba all the way
It's true no one can please the whole world but get a life HATERZ
2baba is a blessing to Nigeria take it or leave it
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by UNLEASHED(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2008
So you see you haters!
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by sunnykiss(m): 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2008
Hey haters of tuface una sabi.na una sabi ooo

this is a modern day this is teh 21st century, anything can happen, ok, Tuface and rkelly really did a duo ok, it is real ok watch outta the video ok shocked
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by igneus: 12:11am On Jan 01, 2009
Beenie man Remixed Tuface's song, his song was used as a major sound track in a Hollywood movie, etc. now he has featured a legend R. Kelly and Chaka Demus & Pliers amongst others. Personally I think This is a plus for Nigeria and Nigerian music. Whether they stayed in the same studio or not. It is still correct to label the song as Tuface ft R.Kelly. Mind u, R.kelly used the sam song for Shaggy in this case R.kelly ft shaggy. If R.kelly didn't consider it good, he woldn't have featured Shaggy on the same hook after that of Tuface. Me think this will contribute in exposing Nigeria further to the International scene, especially if they shoot a video. Beyond R.Kelly, I think featuring Chaka Demus and Pliers is also an achievement or is that voice over too?
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by unix4real1(m): 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2009
Wether he fake the track or not, Listen to it and you will know that 2 baba is a Legend wink check this track out also in Unstoppable album Outside

I will Rep. 2baba 4 life.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by skingo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 01, 2009
theres no hate to this comment. bu that song is well under wht anyone shld have expected from that collabo. evn suce kids version wit riz was a whole lot better thn this. this is a bad remx to a classic song. tuface don lose flvor
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by jejelolatu(f): 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2009
Is it Rkelly u guyz ar talkin abt lyk dat?

U shd put uncle be4 rkelly!!!! (lol)

If 2face is kelly's boy boy, datz a biggy!!

We hvnt even succeeded in bringin him 2 naija nd sum peeps ar yearnin dust on top a tu/kelly collabo!!!

***@ Haterz

nkan ti o ba wun anybody lo le fenu won so

tuface no send una!!!(o ti jeun lo)

e fi won sile,
e je kan ma so lo

orin yin ni o,

e ma ko lo!!!

Happy nu year fellaz!!!
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by dplo(m): 4:01am On Jan 03, 2009
@ topic,
the story is true,ok if you dont belive,try and follow the lyrics,you will find out that they belong to kells,kells was said to be the only artist,that have been able to use sex words in his songs,and those songs were hit songs,if you have listened to the 2 face and kells colabo,you will keep hearing sex,sex,sex, thats rkelly's signature,2face doesnt sing like that

@jejelolatu
sorry,girl,dont ever think of it,rkelly cant come down to nigeria,he's got phobia for plane,except he comes through a ship,and thats gonna take time,and americans are not comfortable with uncomfortability and time burning
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by chicpolice: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2009
Tuface dey Bleep up,

hey to all you guys who think this is real,
check out this youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb5qwhS70pk

tuface just wan make money,
shame on all kennis music and their crew

am out
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by simmy(m): 9:53am On Jan 27, 2009
im ashamed of Nigerians
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by khanye(m): 10:53am On Jan 27, 2009
chicpolice:

Tuface dey mess up,

hey to all you guys who think this is real,
check out this youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb5qwhS70pk

tuface just wan make money,
shame on all kennis music and their crew

am out

Dude, Kennis is not part of this, Tuface's album was released on HYPERTEK music label and not kennis.
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by chicpolice: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2009
Sorry for the oversight

but still We have to make sure the truth surfaces
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by khanye(m): 11:50am On Jan 27, 2009
chicpolice:

Sorry for the oversight

but still We have to make sure the truth surfaces

The truth is the Original Flex is done by Shaggy ft. R-kelly. 2face
took shaggy verse out and insert his while r-kelly took the chorus.
I wonder what's behind this.

1 Like

Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by princedapo: 12:03pm On Jan 27, 2009
How did you pull off the collabo with R Kelly? The meeting between R Kelly and I was facilitated by Mr. Toyin Subair of HiTV. He produced the beats which he sent to me. It's not like we were in the studio together, but we met. He invited me to his concert and tours, but I could not make all. I'm doing all these collabos because Naija music has come a long way, so this is one of the ways we can further emblazon our coming of age
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by rockyfela(m): 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2009
chic police and sammyy am ashamed of u both, if only u read d 1ST post u would understand that rkelly only produced the beat and the hook and sent it to him, Khanye u 2 , if u listen 2 both versions there is a difference, At de beginning of the rkelly shaggy version U WOULD HEAR RKELLY SAYING REMIX, its not in the 2face's version, there are other differences id point out wen i listen again,

PS IF U REMEMBER THE SONG I'M A FLIRT? HE did the hook 4 bow wow on bow wow's album and went on to sing he's own version of the song and he called it I'M A FLIRT RMIX?

So stop hating,
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by rockyfela(m): 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2009
HATERS TRY 2 STOP ME I GO ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM, U DEY LEARN HOW 2 FLY, IVE BEEN 2 THE MOON, BACKBITE ME, BADMOUTH ME TRY 2 PROVOKE ME BUT I NO SEND U, HERE IS A PIECE OF ADVICE FOR U, DONT TRY 2 WALK AROUND IN MA SHOES, DONT TRY COS E NO GO SIZE U,

chic police only 2 posts u get, open id 2 come hate? nd ur 2 post on same thread?
Re: True Story About 2face/rkelly Collabo by chicpolice: 3:25am On Jan 28, 2009
Rockyfela, make that one no deceive you

that he said remix or not means nothing
thats can all be easily taken out during sound production,
the guy is lucky he is in naija that is not covered by strict copyright laws,

p.s i stumbled across this forum while trying to dissprove to some of my mates that that so called "flex" is born and bred out of a lie

shine your eye o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Halle - Angel (Official Video) / Nigerian Immigration Service Deports Dan Foster, Top Radio Presenter / Download Davido A Good Time Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.