Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! (26697 Views)

Care And Management Of Body Odour / Common Toilet Disease : Symptoms And Prevention / Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
Ever since Harmattan dissaperared, I know that many people have started using handkerchiefs in public places angry not cos they have cold/flu, but its because of the unpleasant odour, permit me to say *Body Odour* they perceive. ;( sad hmmm I feel your pain.

The experience in our worship centres can be termed as a serious one. When people raise their hands to worship and it makes the atmosphere unpleasant. cry

Last Sunday, I could see some angry faces, embarassed reason cos they were been dazed by the unpleasant smell flying around, due to the odour perceived from people's body, and some without the odour were busy chewing garlic causing another offensive smell. (Yea, I love garlic, smiley grin but I wouldnt chew it, neither will I use it to discomfort others in public places).

Now, back to what I'm saying, why will you chose to discomfort others cos of your headache?

Dont get me wrong, there is a natural body odour, known as *Unique Scents*, but that doesnt make people around you cover their nostrils.

Research shows that there are various reasons why people have body odour, let me start with this

*From Childhood*
Yea, for some its right from being a baby, cos they werent properly taken care of by their Mum while growing up (Dont go fighting your Mum now, if you are a victim, there is a solution to it) smiley

Ofcos, it doesnt start reflecting then, cos you havent gotten to puberty, but the bomb explodes when you start experiencing puberty at whichever age you start, especially if you now add pepper to injury by not taking care of yourself.

Now, another is *Self inflicted body odour* Oh yea, its self inflicted cos you brought it upon yourself, due to negligence. Why will you neglect that important aspect of your life, tell me Why
;>

I got this from this webpage *Teen Health* it says
"We are always sweating, but many things causes us to sweat, morethan Usual, Hot weather, excercises, alcohol, and doing things that makes us anxious all cause the sweat flow. Sweating is one of the body's way of cooling down, and its important that we do sweat. There is a rare condition where people do not sweat, and they are at a very high risk of overheating".

I Sweat, initially, I used to think its a bad thing to sweat, but after carrying out my research, I realised its very good and necessary. Although one should control excess sweat (Remember, what too much of everything does). wink

Sweat by itself is not harmful, and does not have much of an odour, cos it consist of just salt and water. Most of the smell from the body is caused by bacteria which lives on the skin and in clothing. These bacterias use the sweat to grow.

Please to read more about that, Spare 5 to 10mins to google it, and dont stop at reading one webpage, read atleast 3 webpages to arrive at your conclusion. smiley

This brings me to the final point:
Before you conclude that your body odour is spiritual smiley , do all you can to take care of it. I know with this current weather, sweating is partially unavoidable, but you can prevent the offensive odour that accompanies it, if you are a victim.

There are various Anti-Perspirant, deodorants, Anti-Bacterial soaps that we can use, dont wanna mention a specific brand, cos am not paid for it wink

Anti-Perspirants prevents or reduces Perspiration/Sweats.

There are Cologne (Scented toilet water) we can use also. A popuar one is Novella Cologne (Oops, I just mentioned a brand smiley grin, well, let me name a few). I'm sure most of us used that cologne while in Sec School, some of us even used it as perfume grin. Its still very much available and affordable now.

Deodorants like *Dove* and *Sure* does the magic aswel, atleast people like us can manage to afford that.

Dont go about using Natural body spray, if you havent tackled body odour. It adds to the odour, thats why when some people passes you, you perceive a mixture of spoilt egg and perfume, its that offensive angry

Even without using a concentrated or expensive perfume, you are good to go once you have a very good deodorant that matches your skin. It doesnt just make people around you feel comfortable, it also makes you feel cool and boost your self esteem.

This is weekend, so I guess this is coming at the right time, a victim should make use of this weekend to make corrections.

If it warrants using iron sponge wink use (kidding). But dont shower like a baby.

Then please Shave... Shave ooo, its very Important.... grin

Let there be a sweet and aromatic atmosphere kiss in our worship centres this Sunday, Bikonu.

I hope this sure helps.

Ladies, Our Hair It also adds to it. Hmmmm, let me leave that, Its a word for another day. grin

I dont mean to hurt/step on anyone's toe, but even if I do, its all for our good. kiss

Well, Cyber Bullying is not allowed please.

Do have a beautiful weekend Nairalanders. Cheers.

‪#‎Sighs‬, drops Pen...

#VICKY ROTEX#

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Christianos: 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
lipsrsealed Blunt truth...

6 Likes

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
smiley
Christianos:
lipsrsealed Blunt truth...
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by AdorableJosh(m): 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
Really I can't for the life of me stand body odour. It's criminal - not the odour itself but the nonchalant attitude of the carriers.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lols... Criminal grin . But really it is...
AdorableJosh:
Really I can't for the life of me stand body odour. It's criminal - not the odour itself but the nonchalant attitude of the carriers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Wuuworld(m): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
The thing is much with girls,some of them smell like locust beans...LoL!! I die here... If u have Body odour,just know that ur body is no more the temple of God and holy spirit because they will suffocate if they live inside of u...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
Rotfl... Not common with girls na sad. Some guys own worse pass soakaway angry
Wuuworld:
The thing is much with girls,some of them smell like locust beans...LoL!! I die here... If u have Body odour,just know that ur body is no more the temple of God and holy spirit because they will suffocate if they live inside of u...

18 Likes

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by demelza: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
I hope those girls that carry weavon on their head for over 2months are reading this.
The odour emanating from those weaves in this heat can knockout an elephant.

26 Likes

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by eightsin(m): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
I hate body odour

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
There was a dude I saw in a shopping mall, this guy fresh from up to down (no homo tins) but when this guy came closer the stench that came out of this guy eh....I shame for d guy

6 Likes

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
Hahahaha... Am gonna talk about that soon. That odour is offensive,even to the person wearing the hair, so i wonder how they cope.
demelza:
I hope those girls that carry weavon on their head for over 2months are reading this.
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lols.. Not all that glitters is gold na... grin
edozie04:
There was a dude I saw in a shopping mall, this guy fresh from up to down (no homo tins) but when this guy came closer the stench that came out of this guy eh....I shame for d guy

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Wuuworld(m): 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
VickyRotex:
Rotfl... Not common with girls na sad. Some guys own worse pass soakaway angry
Dear,statistics said itz much with girls no be me talk am

3 Likes

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 30, 2015
VickyRotex:
Lols.. Not all that glitters is gold na... grin
true

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by AdorableJosh(m): 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
demelza:

Bruh you ain't never lied

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by AdorableJosh(m): 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
VickyRotex:
Lols... Criminal grin . But really it is...

Lool

2 Likes

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
Hmmmmm cry Ladies, abeg make we change ooo... sad
Wuuworld:
Dear,statistics said itz much with girls no be me talk am
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Wuuworld(m): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
VickyRotex:
Hmmmmm cry Ladies, abeg make we change ooo... sad
please help evangelize the gospel

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by yorex2011: 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
If you are broke and have 'unique smell' then use canoe soap to bathe ... Its better to smell canoe soap than to smell like spoilt ogbono..

My two pesewas

10 Likes

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 10:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
yorex2011:
If you are broke and have 'unique smell' then use canoe soap to bathe ... Its better to smell canoe soap than to smell like spoilt ogbono..

My two pesewas
Hahahaha Yorex, canoe ke? Thats harsh grin sad
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
A very informative one. To smell nice is quite easy even without drowning oneself in a drum of cologne.
Take your bath at least twice a day if possible thrice cos the heat now is something else.
Shave those thrash under the armpit and the pubic region.
Use anti-perspirants/deodorants.
But some kind body-odour be like wetin dose "awon aje" dey send give person.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by VickyRotex(f): 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Thanks for this. I really do hope people would learn from it. Lols @ awon aje.... Some people will just conclude that body odour is spiritual, whereas most of the time its not..... If possible id recommend bathing like 5 to 6 times for victims/serious cases especially with this weather.....
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
A very informative one. To smell nice is quite easy even without drowning oneself in a drum of cologne.
Take your bath at least twice a day if possible thrice cos the heat now is something else.
;DThanks for this. I really do hope people would learn from it. Lols @ awon aje.... Some people will just conclude that body odour is spiritual, whereas most of the time its not..... If possible id recommend bathing like 5 to 6 times for victims/serious cases.....
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 01, 2015
Lol this thread is funny cheesy

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 01, 2015
Wuuworld:
Always quick to point fingers!

you guys ain't better either, you smell like crap!

7 Likes

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 01, 2015
yorex2011:

My two pesewas
grin cry

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2015
This thread is quite educative,no one wants to smell like poo! tongue

I always smell nice. My natural scent is da bomb! grin rose peachy tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Kemnikky(f): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2015
The instruction is, let the information spread ehh ...
not advertising selfie... Good info... i just hope one person i know is reading this now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by zeezahbee(f): 9:50am On Feb 01, 2015
Nice post. I nausea when I perceive some kind of body odor especially inside bus. It's so thick ehn.

A beg OP , please you get write up for mouth odor? That one is gross

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Wuuworld(m): 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
Nneka123:

Ur beauty couldn't allow me to say bad about u....Nneka,u are too beautiful to make that ur last statement...I will bite ur nose off when next u try so...Guys don't stinks like u girls....despite being Deodorant endowed,u girls still ............
Nneka123:

Ur beauty couldn't allow me to say bad about u....Nneka,u are too beautiful to make that ur last statement...I will bite ur nose off when next u try so...Guys don't stinks like u girls....despite being Deodorant endowed,u girls still ............
Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by ivyT(f): 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Nneka123:

abi babe o..na dem dey smell pass

1 Like

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
Wuuworld:
Ur beauty couldn't allow me to say bad about u....Nneka,u are too beautiful to make that ur last statement...I will bite ur nose off when next u try so...Guys don't stinks like u girls....despite being Deodorant endowed,u girls still ............ Ur beauty couldn't allow me to say bad about u....Nneka,u are too beautiful to make that ur last statement...I will bite ur nose off when next u try so...Guys don't stinks like u girls....despite being Deodorant endowed,u girls still ............
shut up!

2 Likes

Re: Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
ivyT:
abi babe o..na dem dey smell pass
hehe, don't mind them. Lovely make up by the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Things You Should Know About Your Cholesterol Level / Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated / A Shocked Uniport Student Suffered An Epileptic Fit As Her Friend Fainted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.