Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 (3394 Views)

Paris Attacks Celebrated In The Arab Muslim World. / Arab World’s Wealthiest Nations Are Doing Next To Nothing For Syria’s Refugee / The Arab World Wants Nigeria Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by idiopathic: 1:34am On Dec 29, 2008
Don't mind Kenezi. We all see the Taliban pouring acid at schoolgirls, bombing civillian targets in Afghanistan but the Arab crowd were silent to this atrocities. Were was this crowd of protesters were terroritst killed hundreds of innocent civillians in mumbai a few weeks ago.
It seems muslims only become outraged when "infidels" kill their fellow moslems. Otherwise, why haven't we heard of these protests when saddam was killing hundreds of thousands of moslems in Iraq. Moslem terrorists have killied more civillians in Iraq that the occupiers.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by hajifaty: 9:07am On Dec 29, 2008
Israel and the west are devil. they unit against the arab world. To hell with them all
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2008
@auwal87 and kenezi
Kenezi:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7578152.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7501538.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3297575.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/1740538.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7710566.stm

Be proud, Martian.

This is a thread discussing the Israel situation, however. idiopathic, you complain that Hamas declared Gaza and Islamic State, then the Zionists declared Israel a Jewish state. People like you will be the ones screaming and shouting for the impending ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people.

I didn't say any of those things. All I said is after the truce ended hamas started mobilising and launching rockets inside israeli territory. The history of how the israelis ended up in the middle east is known but how can they end the conflict with the palestines with people like hamas heading the government. The government in the west bank are moderate, they have not been starting conflicts for a while now, so do you see the difference?

My problem is with arabs that cry foul when they provoke an attack on their land ad people. They keep saying americans and israel kill innocent people, if they stopped using civilians as human shields innocent blood won't be spilled. When they commit their atrocities, all these arabs are quiet but when thre is a retaliation they start crying wolf.
9/11- they celebrated. Why would anybody celebrate the senseless killing of 3000 inncoent people, muslims included.
In Iraq, they talk about us killing innocent civilians angry The American military policy is P.I.D(positive identification) before you shoot so even when these cowards shoot at you while in the midst of civilians , you can't shoot back because you don't have a clear shot. Their culture is rooted in fear and intimidation but when they find their match they call it persecution. They burn flags but let anybody burn their flags or quran and they whole world is turned upside down.
They kill Africans in darfur but all those bastards just sit idly by, but now they want to cry.
Israel warned them to stop the attacks and even opened the border to let supplies into gaza but that didn't stop them.
NOW THEY ARE CRYING REVENGE. smiley
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 29, 2008
hajifaty:

Israel and the west are devil. they unit against the arab world. To hell with them all

Quit pointing fingers angry Instead of uniting and helping Iraq back on it's feet, all they do is send jihadists and weapons into the country. Sunnis kill shites, shites kill sunnis, what the @#$%, you people are  the same. The reason for the iraq war was flawed but saddam is gone, that is one positive, why can't they take that and live peacefully. I know their bad blood goes back several centuries but if you're going to continue killing each at least acknowledge the fact that it's YOU, not the west that's at fault.
The one that baffled me the most is when some of them were protesting the current israeli offensive and one them decided to ride a bicycle into the crowd and kill his own people!!!!!!! shocked Then an idiot had the nerve to say it was an agent of Israel. AND THIS WAS IN IRAQ.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by chidichris(m): 9:35am On Dec 29, 2008
whatever comes to a man they say is equal to the man.
for those who are still calling for isreal to be wiped out of the world, i would want to inform you that firing of rockets will not do that job.
it important you go back to the drawing board.
on the other hand, iran is just a toothless bulldog when it comes to isreal.
a day is more than enough for isreal to delete iran with the military powers and iran is well aware of that.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by hajifaty: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2008
To hell with Israel and the west.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by dayokanu(m): 10:29am On Dec 29, 2008
when Hamas was bombing Israel I guess we are all cool with it.

When Hamas rockets Israel on a daily basis what were the posters on this thread expecting?

Israel to go and Hug Hamas? Some people might do that but I for one wont.

Israel is even sending truck loads of supplies into Gaza.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by IGWEUSA(m): 10:32am On Dec 29, 2008
hajifaty:

To hell with Israel and the west.

@ hajifaty

"To hell with Isreal  and the west " wont stop all the killings.

Tell the Jihadist Hamas to stop killing innocent Isrealis.  

Thats the only way they could have avoided the Isreali retaliation.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by udezue(m): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2008
Hajifaty,

why don't u carry ur terrorist self to Palestine and fight?
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by hajifaty: 11:45am On Dec 29, 2008
Israel and the West are the real terrorist
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 29, 2008
hajifaty:

Israel and the West are the real terrorist

Stop posting lady, better yet take udueze's advice and go blow yourself up. You keep saying Israel and the west are the reall terrorist but they're not the killing innocent people in the name of some non existent god.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by blackspade(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2008
Both sides could have avoided this tragedy to be honest.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by dayokanu(m): 11:59am On Dec 29, 2008
@ Blackspade,

Tell me how Israel could have avoided this when they withdrew from gaza and all they had beck was more rockets
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by grafikdon: 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2008
@Hajifay, the entire Arab world tried to wipe Israel off the map and got their asses handed to them in just six days. I am not sure they'd like to go through that humiliation again and you know the consequences this time should they be that imbecilic to attempt such a stunt would be the complete obliteration or Israeli occupation of the Arab world. . . they know who's their daddy and it is understandable why they stay at a safe distance and scream "Death to Amereeeka/Israel/Infidel/West/Zionists".

I am yet to see any of you hypocritical delirious jihadists declare fatwa on Mumbai terrorists, perhaps they merely killed chickens and Nama?
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Kenezi: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2008
dayokanu:

@ Blackspade,

Tell me how Israel could have avoided this when they withdrew from gaza and all they had beck was more rockets

Yes, they withdrew. Except they still control the airspace, they still control all sea access, they still control all land access into and out of Gaza. It is impossible to leave Gaza, you will be killed. For what reason? Because Israel wants your land.

We are not talking about Arabs as a whole here, we are talking about Palestinians. Because the Arabs have committed atrocities in the past, it is acceptable for them to be dehumanised right now by Israelis? Should we round up all Germans and imprison them because of their History of Nazism? Should all white people be subjugated because of their former support for the slave trade?

Only fools believe that it is right to judge and persecute a majority for crime a majority committed. The rationale of the uneducated, I suppose.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by ifende(m): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2008
I don't blame isreal for the airstrike.
they are protecting their people.
I blame HAMAS and the arab league.
The only solution is for the arab league to flush HAMAS out of gaza
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by chidichris(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2008
those who are against isreal for protecting their citizens shld go and register for suicide bombing.
if the arabs try wiping isreal from the map and the table turns out against them and isreal wipe them out, then we will see.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by maxsiollun: 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2008
Unlike other seemingly intractable political conflicts like Northern Ireland and South Africa, the Israelis and Palestinians actually KNOW what they have to do for peace, but unfortunately neither side's political leadership is willing to tell its people the truth.

Both sides' leaders know that eventually:

-There will be a Palestinian state alongside Israel.
-The Palestinian state will be demilitarised with no heavy weapons, air force, navy, artillery or armour, other than weapons needed for internal security.
-The Palestinian state's borders will NOT be a complete return to the 1967 borders, the separation wall/fence will likely be the new border.
-Israel will annex major settlement blocs like Maale Adumim that are close to the Green Line. Outlying settlements deep in Palestinian territory will be evacuated.
-The refugees will not return to Israel, and will instead be compensated and/or given a right of residence in the new Palestinian state and/or their host Arab countries.
-Arab neighbourhoods in east Jerusalem will form the Palestinian capital.
-West Jerusalem will be the Israeli capital.

*Major sticking points: settlements in Ariel and Hebron (the latter has some hardline extremists who won't go peacefully).
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2008
@Kenezi,
Do you know Gaza has a border with Egypts fellow arabs? Or does Israel conrtol that again?

Can Israel monitor/control the Gazans that enter their territory given the history of suicide bombings when these entry and exits were uncontrolled.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2008
The media is not helping the situation at all.

We know that rockets have been coming in for months to the Isreali side. Someone made a comment that since only one person has been killed during all that time, that it is unfair for Isreal to attack as it did. Just because the people of Isreal have gotten better at bunkering during these raids does not make what is happening right. This was bound to happen and I am sure Hama's expected it to so it can use the media yet again to play the world against the other side.

Worse is there refusal to let the wounded get help on the egyptian side.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2008
Kenezi:

Yes, they withdrew. Except they still control the airspace, they still control all sea access, they still control all land access into and out of Gaza. It is impossible to leave Gaza, you will be killed. For what reason? Because Israel wants your land.

1. If Israel didnt control Gaza air and seaports, Iranian missiles would have taken out much of Tel Aviv by now.

2. Egypt controls one access into and out of Gaza.

3. Its possible to leave Gaza, christians from there made the pilgrimage to Bethlehem only a few days ago.

4. If Israel wanted land they would not have violently uprooted Israelis from Gaza

Bottomline - Learn to be truthful, lies seem to be an islamic trait.

Kenezi:

We are not talking about Arabs as a whole here, we are talking about Palestinians. Because the Arabs have committed atrocities in the past, it is acceptable for them to be dehumanised right now by Israelis? Should we round up all Germans and imprison them because of their History of Nazism? Should all white people be subjugated because of their former support for the slave trade?

1. Israel isnt dehumanising anyone.

2. If Arabs have committed atrocities in the past what moral authority do they have to be preaching to Israel?

3. while Iraqis are busy demanding a halt to Israeli strikes . . . turkish warplanes are busy bombing Kurdish Iraq . . . strangely they seem to care only for the palestinians than their own fellow citizens.

Bottomline . . . learn to tell the truth.

Kenezi:

Only fools believe that it is right to judge and persecute a majority for crime a majority committed. The rationale of the uneducated, I suppose.

We've heard this disgrace of an excuse for far too long. The Gaza palestinians are fully complicit in HAMAS crimes and duly deserve punishment.

funny enough i NEVER hear you complain when HAMAS missiles strike Israeli kindergarten schools.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Kenezi: 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2008
dayokanu:

@Kenezi,
Do you know Gaza has a border with Egypts fellow arabs? Or does Israel conrtol that again?

Can Israel monitor/control the Gazans that enter their territory given the history of suicide bombings when these entry and exits were uncontrolled.

The Egyptian border is closed to prevent a refugee situation flooding Egypt. Strangely, people don't want to live in Gaza. Probably because Israel cut off their water and electricity. It's bad that the Egyptian border is closed though, blame 1967.

davidylan:

1. If Israel didnt control Gaza air and seaports, Iranian missiles would have taken out much of Tel Aviv by now.

2. Egypt controls one access into and out of Gaza.

3. Its possible to leave Gaza, christians from there made the pilgrimage to Bethlehem only a few days ago.

4. If Israel wanted land they would not have violently uprooted Israelis from Gaza

Bottomline - Learn to be truthful, lies seem to be an islamic trait.

1. Israel isnt dehumanising anyone.

2. If Arabs have committed atrocities in the past what moral authority do they have to be preaching to Israel?

3. while Iraqis are busy demanding a halt to Israeli strikes . . . turkish warplanes are busy bombing Kurdish Iraq . . . strangely they seem to care only for the palestinians than their own fellow citizens.

Bottomline . . . learn to tell the truth.

We've heard this disgrace of an excuse for far too long. The Gaza palestinians are fully complicit in HAMAS crimes and duly deserve punishment.

funny enough i NEVER hear you complain when HAMAS missiles strike Israeli kindergarten schools.

Threat of Iranian missile strikes (just like Iraqi WMDs) is just another poor justification for Israeli atrocities. I don't know any civilians of Gaza that travelled to the West Bank, but if I am wrong, correct me. Recenly Israel reluctantly removed Israeli settlements from Gaza, after invading it and occupying it since 1967. I imagine that the number of attacks on the settlements there didn't make it worth it, yet they still occupy Gaza, and starve it's inhabitants to death.

Israeli is not dehumanising anybody?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7136068.stm

"almost 75% of Jewish youths said Arabs were less intelligent and less clean than Jews.". All the embargoes that Israel has put on Gaza, it's laughable you are telling me that they are being treated fairly. What a joke. If we follow your logic, no white country can ever preach to a fascist black dictator, because in the past white people enslaved black people. Arabs have committed atrocities, so now, according to you, Israelis can do it too. Let's ignore that both Arabs and Israelis were both committing atrocities against each other way back, before 1948, it seems to suit your argument better.

Iraq will do whatever the US and it's allies say, and that includes Turkey. Although that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. By the way, I'm Christian. I am done here, it's useless to use logic and reason on those incapable of individual thought. Both sides have wronged, but you can demonise Arabs or whoever the US tells you to as much as you want.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2008
Kenezi:

The Egyptian border is closed to prevent a refugee situation flooding Egypt. Strangely, people don't want to live in Gaza. Probably because Israel cut off their water and electricity. It's bad that the Egyptian border is closed though, blame 1967.

Strange isnt it?

1. Egyptian border is closed . . . and yet we hear crocodile tears from you demanding that Israel open her own borders to people dedicated to her destruction?

2. People don't want to live in Gaza? How strange that they rather live in Israel . . . a so-called apartheid nation.

3. Uh oh! the same people crying about Israel expect them to provide water and electricity to them? What is Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Iran doing with all their oil wealth?
Imagine HAMAS demanding that Israel provide it with the electricity they need to make missiles to launch at Sderot . . . dont mind the fact Israel already generates 60% of Gaza's electricity.

Imagine me complaining that you didnt produce the knife i would use to kill you.

Queer isnt it? this palestinian arab hypocrisy.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2008
Kenezi:

Threat of Iranian missile strikes (just like Iraqi WMDs) is just another poor justification for Israeli atrocities. I don't know any civilians of Gaza that travelled to the West Bank, but if I am wrong, correct me. Recenly Israel reluctantly removed Israeli settlements from Gaza, after invading it and occupying it since 1967. I imagine that the number of attacks on the settlements there didn't make it worth it, yet they still occupy Gaza, and starve it's inhabitants to death.

I dont remember the Gazans particularly agitating for a state when it was part of Egypt.

Kenezi:

Israeli is not dehumanising anybody?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7136068.stm

"almost 75% of Jewish youths said Arabs were less intelligent and less clean than Jews."

Imagine how whites have dehumanised blacks all over till tomorrow . . . some scientists have even said we are genetically stupid. When do we start our own outrage?

Kenezi:

All the embargoes that Israel has put on Gaza, it's laughable you are telling me that they are being treated fairly. What a joke.

What a sadist country Israel is! Imagine placing embargoes on shipping free oil, medical supplies and electricity to those who constitution expressly demands your own extinction.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by bawomolo(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2008
ifende:

I don't blame isreal for the airstrike.
they are protecting their people.
I blame HAMAS and the arab league.
The only solution is for the arab league to flush HAMAS out of gaza

the solution is for hamas to disarm and for hamas and fatah to form a true coalition Government. it's hard for Israel to come on the Negotiation table when abbas is nothing but a ceremonial president.    Creating a formal Palestinian security force is necessary. Hamas has to disarm before it's truly recognized as a political entity.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Sagamite(m): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2008
Israel
- It was wrong to take Palestinian land
- It is vomit-invoking to say God gave you land according to your religion (this on its own almost warrants and justifies you being bombed to oblivion)
- Stop destroying people’s homes under the policy of collective punishment (then the suicide bombings can also be regarded as reciprocal collective punishment in that case)
- Get your orthodox morons off the ALL illegal settlements (Israel should be a small place as it was not your land in the first place)
- Stop bombing civilians and feeding us crap PR (You are terrorists too, no doubt. Just “cultured” undercover terrorists)
- Stop operating the world’s biggest prison and wonder why you are attacked
- Prosecute your soldiers that FREQUENTLY commit war crimes or hand them to the Hague

Palestine
- Accept that Israel and the Jewish state is here and will remain (give them some land, they were a minority population right from time anyway)
- Stop your dump rhetoric of death and violence, Israel is your god and can wipe you out
- Control and condemn your barbaric terrorists that you moronically call martyrs
- Stop killing civilians with suicide bomb, it is OK when you use it on the Israeli Defence Force
- Learn to leave in peace with people that are not of your religion (the so-called infidels that you think are inferior)
- Stop feeding violence and terrorism into children’s mind from kindergarten
- Non-muslims should be able to live on Arab land and this whole gangsteristic opposition of certain types of people/nations being on Arab land should stop. If the representative government of the specific nation does not oppose and expel, then it should not concern you that is not from that nation and so shut the F*ck up.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2008
Sagamite:

Sagamite:

- It was wrong to take Palestinian land

Israel is not in Gaza. Gaza was part of Israel until Egypt invaded and siezed it in 1949.

Sagamite:

- It is vomit-invoking to say God gave you land according to your religion (this on its own almost warrants and justifies you being bombed to oblivion)

unfortunately that is not the reason Israel has a country today. the British divided the land into 2: 85% as a gift to the sheiks of Mecca (now Jordan) and 15% to be shared between the jews and the arabs. The Jews took their part, the arabs decided to go to war . . . AND LOST!

Sagamite:

- Stop destroying people’s homes under the policy of collective punishment (then the suicide bombings can also be regarded as reciprocal collective punishment in that case)

The West Bank hasnt been bombed in years. Uh oh . . . maybe because they are smart enough not to send rockets into Israel.

Sagamite:

- Get your orthodox slowpoke off the ALL illegal settlements (Israel should be a small place as it was not your land in the first place)

1. It was never arab land in the first place but Jewish.
2. Gaza is NOT about illegal settlements because there is no jew there.

Sagamite:

- Stop bombing civilians and feeding us crap PR (You are terrorists too, no doubt. Just “cultured” undercover terrorists)

1. Hamas operatives are not civilians.
2. Again the West Bank hasnt been bombed in years . . . go figure.

Sagamite:

- Stop operating the world’s biggest prison and wonder why you are attacked

Gaza is no prison, you've been swallowing too much palestinian propaganda for your own good. See what your "prison" looks like

Sagamite:

- Prosecute your soldiers that FREQUENTLY commit war crimes or hand them to the Hague

Which war crimes? Defending their country?
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Sagamite(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2008
davidylan:

Israel is not in Gaza. Gaza was part of Israel until Egypt invaded and siezed it in 1949.

Sorry, but to my recollection, the whole area was Palestine until 1948? When I mean the whole area, I mean Gaza, West Bank and Isreal.

davidylan:

unfortunately that is not the reason Israel has a country today. the British divided the land into 2: 85% as a gift to the sheiks of Mecca (now Jordan) and 15% to be shared between the jews and the arabs. The Jews took their part, the arabs decided to go to war . . . AND LOST!

The West Bank hasnt been bombed in years. Uh oh . . . maybe because they are smart enough not to send rockets into Israel.

1. It was never arab land in the first place but Jewish.
2. Gaza is NOT about illegal settlements because there is no jew there.

The British/UN gave Palestinian land to Jews to compensate them and protect them from any possibility of future genocide like that of the Nazis. Prior to that, the Jews were a minority in Palestine so-existing peacefully. Until all the Jews in Europe decided they needed a country of their own and decided their was a land their God promised them so they need to push those that currently live there out.

And yet they are expanding into land that was giving to Palestines in 1948. These are the illegal settlements that the UN has passed resolution for them to exit but with the backing of America they felt free to ignore it. Part of these illegal settlements was the one recently exitted in Gaza that they had to force their people out off. There are still more in the West Bank and the wall they built is also on land that is not theirs and was an opportunistic way of claiming more land illegally.

davidylan:

1. Hamas operatives are not civilians.
2. Again the West Bank hasnt been bombed in years . . . go figure.

Yes, but how is it right to break down the house of a suicide bomber and all the adjacent houses as a detterent to suicide bombing. Is that justice from a country that likes to display a facade of civility.

davidylan:

Gaza is no prison, you've been swallowing too much palestinian propaganda for your own good. See what your "prison" looks like

Which war crimes? Defending their country?

You must be joking.

You must be absolutely joking.

How is it not a prison when you can not leave your village to visit relatives in the next village without waiting at a check point for 4 hours and be refused?

How is it not a prison when you can't leave your town at will to go abroad for your postgraduate?

How is it not a prison when you cannot take your mother that is dying of cancer to places with better medical facility?

How is it not a prison when your business and livelihood can be destroyed by arbitrary blockade?

How is it not a prison when food into your enclave is controlled by your oppressors?

Israeli soldiers shot children and journalist that are not a serious threat with impunity. That is war crime.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2008
Sagamite:

Sorry, but to my recollection, the whole area was Palestine until 1948? When I mean the whole area, I mean Gaza, West Bank and Isreal.

Which is essentially why i continue to repeat that a lot of you are weighing in on a debate you are largely clueless about so some history is needed here.

1. Gaza, WestBank, Israel and Jordan were all one whole unit under the British mandate of Palestine. Which begs the question why "palestinians" are ONLY fixated on the tiny strip called Israel.

2. the term "palestine" after the carving out of Jordan refered to Jews living there. The arabs refered to themselves as Syrians. Infact the Jewish Jerusalem Post was named the Palestinian Post up until 1948 when the jews decided to change the name of their country from Palestine to Israel.

3. The West Bank was actually Judea/Samaria but was renamed "West Bank" after it was illegally annexed from Israel in 1949 by Jordan. The term "west bank" refers to its position just west of the Jordan river FROM the jordanian side. It would be east of Israel.

4. When the PLO was formed in 1964, it made NO mention of Jerusalem, Gaza or the West Bank as palestinian land. Not surprising since all these were under the control of Jordan and Egypt. The aim of the PLO then was to drive out the Jews from the tiny strip of land called Israel.

5. The UN could not have legislated Gaza or the West Bank to the "palestinians" since Israel did not sieze it from "palestinians" but Egypt and Jordan in 1967.

6. Following a peace agreement, Israel returned the Sinai (more than 2 times the size of Israel) . . . a demonstration that it is not interested in land grabs.

7. The term "palestinians", for arabs, did not come into existence until 1988 when Arafat decided it would be a better idea to hoodwink the poorly educated.

Based on the fact that you have much of your history wrong . . . your debate is practically rendered useless.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Sagamite(m): 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2008
davidylan:

Which is essentially why i continue to repeat that a lot of you are weighing in on a debate you are largely clueless about so some history is needed here.

1. Gaza, WestBank, Israel and Jordan were all one whole unit under the British mandate of Palestine. Which begs the question why "palestinians" are ONLY fixated on the tiny strip called Israel.

2. the term "palestine" after the carving out of Jordan refered to Jews living there. The arabs refered to themselves as Syrians. Infact the Jewish Jerusalem Post was named the Palestinian Post up until 1948 when the jews decided to change the name of their country from Palestine to Israel.

3. The West Bank was actually Judea/Samaria but was renamed "West Bank" after it was illegally annexed from Israel in 1949 by Jordan. The term "west bank" refers to its position just west of the Jordan river FROM the jordanian side. It would be east of Israel.

4. When the PLO was formed in 1964, it made NO mention of Jerusalem, Gaza or the West Bank as palestinian land. Not surprising since all these were under the control of Jordan and Egypt. The aim of the PLO then was to drive out the Jews from the tiny strip of land called Israel.

5. The UN could not have legislated Gaza or the West Bank to the "palestinians" since Israel did not sieze it from "palestinians" but Egypt and Jordan in 1967.

6. Following a peace agreement, Israel returned the Sinai (more than 2 times the size of Israel) . . . a demonstration that it is not interested in land grabs.

7. The term "palestinians", for arabs, did not come into existence until 1988 when Arafat decided it would be a better idea to hoodwink the poorly educated.

Based on the fact that you have much of your history wrong . . . your debate is practically rendered useless.

I am sorry, davidylan, but I think it is your history that has a K-leg.

I am happy to see that you are not contesting my other points earlier so I will only have little to correct here.

1) The Israelites lost there land in the medieval period to conquerors (e.g. Greeks, Persians, Babylonians, Romans and so on took over one by one.)

2) Majority of Jews were expelled or migrated away across Europe and ended up everywhere with just a little left in Israel in the next hundreds of years. The ones left mostly moved to Galilee (a small part of modern day Israel).

3) Muslim conquered the lands in 636 CE. From there, the Arab population grew whilst the Jew population diminished.

4) In 1516, the Land of Israel became a part of the Ottoman Empire, which ruled the region until the 20th century.

5) When the Jews were facing prosecution in Europe (especially Eastern Europe) in 1881, they started migrating in droves to the promise land they still held in high esteem due to their religion.

6) A second wave of migration took place during the WW1. This was when the British Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour issued what became known as the Balfour Declaration, which viewed with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people.

7) Arab opposition to the plan led to the 1920 Palestine riots (Nabi Musa riots) and the formation of the Jewish organization known as the Haganah.

8.) In 1920, UK with the backing of the League of Nations took over Palestine with the intention of eventually finding some space to create a Jewish state.

9) The population of the area at this time was predominantly Muslim Arab, while the largest urban area in the region, Jerusalem, was predominantly Jewish.

10) Over the next years up to the second World War, 100,000 Jews migrated to Palestine. This was reduced by the Jaffa Riots of 1921 where Jews and Arabs massacred each other and the British decided to restrict the volumes of Jews migrating (evident with in someone's account earlier on this thread detailed of how Jews were refused entry during WW2)

11) After WW2, the migration accelerated and then the whole shambles of 1948 took place.

So mate, how is it right for people that lost a land 700 years ago now comeback to chase those on it off in modern times?

Is like Yoruba's going to Ilorin to chase out the Hausas, what rubbish.

That is the history, OK?
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 29, 2008
Sagamite:

I am sorry, davidylan, but I think it is your history that has a K-leg.

i am also happy that despite the fraudulent claim that my "history has k-leg", you didnt bother to contest any of my points rather choosing to go blindly fishing for irrelevant material.

Sagamite:

I am happy to see that you are not contesting my other points earlier so I will only have little to correct here.

i didnt "contest" your points based on the fact that it is baseless to contest an argument built on false premise.

Sagamite:

2) Majority of Jews were expelled or migrated away and ended up everywhere with just a little left in Israel in the next hundreds of years. The ones left mostly moved to Galilee (a small part of modern day Israel).

False . . . the largest community of jews remained in Jerusalem.

Sagamite:

4) In 1516, the Land of Israel became a part of the Ottoman Empire, which ruled the region until the 20th century.

VERY  IMPORTANT POINT TO NOTE: the Ottomans were turks NOT arab. So if any group shld be laying a claim to Israel it should be Turkey not immigrants from Syria.

Sagamite:

5) When the Jews were facing prosecution in Europe (especially Eastern Europe) in 1881, they started migrating in droves to the promise land.

this attempts to:
a. cover up the fact that there was also a massive migration of arabs to the promised land
b. hide the fact that there were jews in the land already.

Sagamite:

7) Arab opposition to the plan led to the 1920 Palestine riots and the formation of the Jewish organization known as the Haganah.

which was EXACTLY why 2 years later in 1922, arabs were placated with Jordan (85% of the original mandate of Palestine) given as a gift to the sons of the sheikh of Mecca which isnt exactly anywhere near Israel at all.

Sagamite:

9) The population of the area at this time was predominantly Muslim Arab, while the largest urban area in the region, Jerusalem, was predominantly Jewish.

You also forget that the majority of the arab population eventually formed what we now know as Jordan.

Sagamite:

11) Then the whole shambles of 1948 took place.

back up a little. Israel accepted the tiny strip of land they managed to get following years of deliberate attempts by the British to frustrate them out of their homeland to placate the forever angry arabs who had lost to the Turks since 1516.

- Israel declared herself a state in 1948 following which she was attacked by close to 6 arab nations including Iraq, syria, Egypt and Jordan . . . nations with NO STAKE (besides religion) in the jewish state.

- After the war, Egypt siezed Gaza while Jordan siezed Judea/Samaria and renamed it the West Bank.

Sagamite:

So mate, how is it right for people that lost a land 700 years ago now comeback to chase those on it off in modern times?

the arabs also lost the land in 1516 to the Turks. Why are the Arab immigrants fighting for a land that was not theirs?

Sagamite:

Is like Yoruba's going to Ilorin to chase out the Hausas, what rubbish.

No, its like Igbo going to Ilorin to fight for a land that originally belonged to Yorubas before Hausa's took over.

Sagamite:

That is the history, OK?

No that is revisionist history.
Re: Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 by Sagamite(m): 12:11am On Dec 30, 2008
davidylan:

i am also happy that despite the fraudulent claim that my "history has k-leg", you didnt bother to contest any of my points rather choosing to go blindly fishing for irrelevant material.

Irrelevant How?

davidylan:

False . . . the largest community of jews remained in Jerusalem.

Whether the largest community remained in Jerusalem or not, the present day Israel was mostly Arab by the 14th century.

So this is an irrelevant statement.

davidylan:

VERY  IMPORTANT POINT TO NOTE: the Ottomans were turks NOT arab. So if any group shld be laying a claim to Israel it should be Turkey not immigrants from Syria.

The Ottomans conquered but the population still remained largely Arab just as Ilorin still remains largely Yoruba.

So this is an irrelevant statement.

davidylan:

this attempts to:
a. cover up the fact that there was also a massive migration of arabs to the promised land
b. hide the fact that there were jews in the land already.

The Arabs have been settling there since 636 CE and were a majority by the 14th century. That is enough to say they can claim the land today.

davidylan:

which was EXACTLY why 2 years later in 1922, arabs were placated with Jordan (85% of the original mandate of Palestine) given as a gift to the sons of the sheikh of Mecca which isnt exactly anywhere near Israel at all.

You also forget that the majority of the arab population eventually formed what we now know as Jordan.

back up a little. Israel accepted the tiny strip of land they managed to get following years of deliberate attempts by the British to frustrate them out of their homeland to placate the forever angry arabs who had lost to the Turks since 1516.

The British only started frustrating them in the late 19th century til 1948. So fact is, they were a minority tribe prior to them contemplating some lame Promised Land.

davidylan:

- Israel declared herself a state in 1948 following which she was attacked by close to 6 arab nations including Iraq, syria, Egypt and Jordan . . . nations with NO STAKE (besides religion) in the jewish state.

- After the war, Egypt siezed Gaza while Jordan siezed Judea/Samaria and renamed it the West Bank.

Irrelevant statement.

davidylan:

the arabs also lost the land in 1516 to the Turks. Why are the Arab immigrants fighting for a land that was not theirs?

No, its like Igbo going to Ilorin to fight for a land that originally belonged to Yorubas before Hausa's took over.

No that is revisionist history.

See earlier point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel Inciting Violence In Nigeria? / How Gabonese Police Set Nigerian Immigrant Ablaze / Buhari Is Corrupt Afterall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.