Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years (11672 Views)

Nigeria’s Economic Recession May Last 20 Years – Jimoh Ibrahim / CBN Grants Providus Bank Licence To Operate As A Commercial Bank / Why Everyone Above 20 Years Absolutely Should Start A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Obinoscopy(m): 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ejiofor Alike

Exactly six years after the operating licence for Chevron’s Oil Mining Leases (OMLs) 83, 85, 88, 89, 90, 91 and 95 expired in December 2008, after 40 years of issuance, the federal government has renewed the licence for these seven leases for another 20 years, THISDAY has learnt.

Chevron Nigeria Limited operates these seven acreages and five others – OMLs 49, 51, 52, 53 and 55, under a joint venture with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), with Chevron having 40 per cent interest, while the national oil company holds 60 per cent.

Before the renewal, Chevron had commenced the divestment of its 40 per cent stake in five of these 12 acreages.

THISDAY gathered that Chevron applied for the renewal of the license since 2006, two years before the expiration.

It was however, not clear why the federal government delayed the approval for six years after the expiration; neither was it clear why the recent approval by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, was kept out of the public glare, unlike the renewal of the Mobil license for 20 years, which was signed in full public glare in February 2012.

Chevron’s General Manager in charge of Policy, Government and Public Affairs (PGPA), Mr. Deji Haastrup, declined to comment on the matter, despite several e-mails and text messages.

But a top official of the company, who did not want to be quoted, confirmed the renewal to THISDAY but declined to give details on the reserves capacity of the seven acreages, as well as the financial commitment of Chevron to the federal government, with regards to the renewal, citing “charged political atmosphere.”

He stated that the renewal would inspire the confidence of Chevron and other International Oil Companies (IOCs) in Nigeria’s operating environment, which has been characterised by uncertainty due to the non-passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB).
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/six-years-after-fg-renews-chevron-s-licence-for-20-years/200500/

2 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Thieves.

8 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by toxiflam: 7:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Kk
How much does it cost to get/ renew a license?
Acquiring oil bloc on my mind

3 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by SeverusSnape(m): 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
It's their time.
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by nke001: 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2015
Shi el knew dier future prospect is blink in 9ja so dey either sold their facilities or form jv. After neglecting csr, Now they do adverts even on radio for d minute projects they are jointly involved. Karma...
Well I wish them well.

Good for Chevron!
Lokaci yayi!!
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
I pray I also get a licence to an oil well (wells) someday. I know with God's help, I will. God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by PerfumeRepublik: 9:13pm On Jan 31, 2015
#Following
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2015
OK.
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2015
Ok.

What happens to process? Was this renewal advertised to solicit the approval of Nigerians? How much money was paid as black money to obtain this approval? How much has NNPC earned so far in this so called JV? Chevron should do well by updating us about this transaction.

NNPC I hail ohhh angry
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by holicalpha(m): 7:40am On Feb 01, 2015
I'm waiting for Mr Buhari to say Chevron is corrupt and he'll lock em up if he wins, they say GEJ is clueless but think buhari is a savior, saying he'll lock every corrupt being, I laugh him think say na military regime where you can do any you want..

More Grease to your elbow FG..

----------- Valar Moghulis

12 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Damianobi(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2015
welcum to feBUHARI

sai buhari

4 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Trending(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2015
good 1
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by kay1one(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Btw

Buhari is a wolf in sheep's clothing! Nothing for him!

Check out:
https://www.nairaland.com/2123778/ban-press-embarrass-public-officer

1 Like

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Georgekyrian(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Chevron one of the money makers of the country..
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Glaxx(m): 7:43am On Feb 01, 2015
This goes to show the weakness and inefficiency in Nigerian government systems. So did the government not receive royalties for the 6 six years or is the licence renewal retroactive?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Innodon(m): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2015
good development
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by eagleeye2: 7:46am On Feb 01, 2015
It's because of this renewal of licenses that some people want to take control of Aso Rock.
It's Well.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by gidistar: 7:46am On Feb 01, 2015
[url=gidihub..com/2014/10/show-me-money-why-men-use-women-for.html] Show Me The Money: Why Men Use Women For Financial Support [/url]
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2015
good for them
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by 234Forum: 7:51am On Feb 01, 2015
Our oil money
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by j4sure(m): 7:59am On Feb 01, 2015
Ik
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 01, 2015
Hm
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 01, 2015
They've kept milking NG since 1960.

2 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Zico5(m): 8:04am On Feb 01, 2015
I don't know why anything that concern Nigeria is always subject to politics. Chevron has been one of the most effective international company operating in Nigeria. They deserve renewal of their licence, but Nigeria system is always faulty cos we re deepnecked in corruption. That is why we need efficient government to see to fair hearing in every dealing we may involved in.

5 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by j4sure(m): 8:05am On Feb 01, 2015
j4sure:
Ik
Well its a good development cos they av employ many nigerian.but Nigerians need to shift attention from oil sha to other profitable ventures

1 Like

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by rozayx5(m): 8:09am On Feb 01, 2015
milking continues, good thing is they pay well compared to stingy companies like shell and addax

6 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by lawrencemleopo: 8:12am On Feb 01, 2015
before nko
Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Shaw007(m): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2015
nke001:
Shi el knew dier future prospect is blink in 9ja so dey either sold their facilities or form jv. After neglecting csr, Now they do adverts even on radio for d minute projects they are jointly involved. Karma...
Well I wish them well.

Good for Chevron!
Lokaci yayi!!
Ehn

1 Like

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by trillville(m): 8:16am On Feb 01, 2015
Chevron and other multinationals have been reaping nigeria for donkey years. We have one of the most unfair deals with the multinationals on earth.
Seun posted a link to an article about norway's oil industry on financial times a few days ago. I think every nairalander should read it.

The PIB as composed by the late Rilwanu lukman was meant to correct the bad deal and also partially privatize nnpc but unfortunately yaradua died, mr. Lukman resigned, and diezani came in and added issues such as host community fund, which she knew would lead to a deadlock and stall the passage of the bill.

We were informed by wikileaks that top members of our oil industry are spies for the multinationals. I think this move should make it clear to "wise" nigeria's who really has their interest at heart.

3 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by Firefire(m): 8:17am On Feb 01, 2015
eagleeye2:
It's because of this renewal of licenses that some people want to take control of Aso Rock.
It's Well.

wink you sabi.

Most oil well licence expired or expiring and 80% of the wells owned by the born - to - rule empire.

Jonathan shall return and justice must be serve...

Enough is enough.

Shalom!

10 Likes

Re: FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years by trillville(m): 8:23am On Feb 01, 2015
rozayx5:
milking continues, good thing is they pay well compared to stingy companies like shell and addax

When I read comments like this, I feel such pity for the future of my country. You are wise enough to know you are being milked, yet you are happy about the fact that chevron pays ur country men with your own country's money a higher salary than other companies are paying.

It is like a girl molested by two guys, being happy that at least the second guy kept telling her she was beautiful as he was molesting her.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Traders In Yenagoa Market Protest Hoodlums' Attack, "Spirits responsible" / Mitsubishi And Under 40 CEOs Set To Launch "Drive Your Ambition 2" / Interstate Passenger Transport Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.