Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare (27299 Views)

Nigeria Moving Towards Another Collapse, Civil War – Pastor Bakare / 'I Support A Restructured Nigeria' - Pastor Bakare Addresses The Nation (speech) / Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Johnnyessence(m): 4:43am On Feb 01, 2015
FORMER CPC vice presidential candidate and founder of Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has declared that he earnestly yearns for a better Nigeria where good governace, equal distribution of the nation’s resources amongst others for all citizens.

The former running mate of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) made this remarks while ministering during the inauguration and commissioning of Grace and Glory Chapel in Ikeja, Lagos, while giving reasons why he rejected a car gift for his 60th birthday.
Pastor Bakare said he was not interested in becoming a local champion in a city of the blind, recalling that, some persons brought him a 2015 model of Rolls Royce during his 60th birthday which, he said, he out rightly rejected, adding that he was not in need of such exotic car while majority of Nigerians are wallowing in poverty.

“I want to see good governance. I want to see discipline. I want to see equitable distribution of resources. I want to see the poor being educated. I want to see a nation that works,” Bakare said.
Continuing, he said: “I don’t want to be a local champion in a city of the blind. I am not in need of a 2015 model of Rolls-Royce which was presented to me as a gift.

“I was sitting at home one day and they brought in a brand new 2015 Rolls-Royce into my house. My 60th birthday was coming. I looked at it, kai! This is awkward. When you open your car, your door goes this way, its own door goes that way. It clears the way so that there is nothing blocking your way.

“I saw a button. They said: it is an umbrella sir. It is on every door in case it is raining, you just push it and the umbrella comes out. I said: Na wa o. Then I said: Oya, leave this place.

“Where is the road that I will ride it upon? My heart is not in things like this. I asked my son to take a photograph of the brand new car as a proof,” the controversial pastor noted.

Bakare also averred that poverty has made most Nigerians to believe that anybody without a jet has not arrived, adding that majority of those who bought jets can no longer maintain such jets and are busy leasing them out.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/rejected-rolls-royce-gift-pastor-bakare/

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Johnnyessence(m): 4:57am On Feb 01, 2015
When Nigeria gets better , members of churches
will no longer think of such mundane thing as
presenting gifts of jets and exotic cars to their
pastors. Such an action is a reflection of a
decadent society worshipping on the altar of
materialism, wastage and misplaced priority
mistaken for prosperity! Many thanks Pastor!

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by marshalcarter: 5:14am On Feb 01, 2015
If na pastor chris

Iffa hear sey him no collect amgrin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 01, 2015
Hmmmmmm...really? Maybe he should also mention those who presented such for all to know. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Oklander: 5:17am On Feb 01, 2015
Pastor Bling Oresejetfor wouldn't mind!

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Henix(m): 6:23am On Feb 01, 2015
That is very good of him, pastors are meant to live an exemplary life of heaven minded. U cant be living a luxury life, when there are thousands of poor masses who are dying of hunger and disease. I thought that a big man in bible was asked to sale off all his property and help the needy with it, when he asked Jesus what more he can do to make heaven

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by gabe15(m): 6:25am On Feb 01, 2015
Oklander:
Pastor Bling Oresejetfor wouldn't mind!
lolz

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by suxes2005(m): 6:43am On Feb 01, 2015
What if it was a private jet?

Y'all quoting me should think twice, why can't he collect and sell like a poster below suggested?

Good goverance he wants abi? Its good, as young as I am, I know what todo to better the nation.

#SaiBuhari
#ApcChange
#FeBuhari14

5 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by holicalpha(m): 7:32am On Feb 01, 2015
You rejected the car because you want good governance.? How does rejecting the car make Nigeria better.? How does it help the poor, it would have made sense if you accept the gift,sell it and donate the money to an orphanage.

You rejected the gift but couldn't reject the position as Mr B running mate last election..

If you really want to make the world/Nigeria a better place please contribute and help the masses..
I know many people say trash about T.B Joshua but He is still a man of God i respect til date unlike some people desparetly vying for political position.

----------- Valar Moghulis

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by stinggy(m): 7:32am On Feb 01, 2015
If all you said is the truth, then you earn a little more respect from me. You seem not to be like other pastorpreneurs who would rather receive any gift that comes their way because they feel 'they have laboured and deserve it'.
And thanks for not forgetting to take the pictures of the RR. In this era, we believe what we see more than what we are told.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by deejayterabyte(m): 7:33am On Feb 01, 2015
cheesy
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2015
Na wa ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by disloman(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2015
suxes2005:
What if it was a private jet?
He will still reject it.

12 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by 9jafreak: 7:35am On Feb 01, 2015
That's the only Nigerian preacher that can make me return to a Nigerian church home and abroad

One of a kind

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by alaoeri: 7:35am On Feb 01, 2015
Whether you like him or not, Bakare is still upright than many MOG e.g the jet owner bling bling pastor.

13 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 01, 2015
He should have accepted d gift, sold d car and donated 80% of the money to charity

6 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Mintayo(m): 7:36am On Feb 01, 2015
Good for him.
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Damianobi(m): 7:36am On Feb 01, 2015
j
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by kozykid(m): 7:37am On Feb 01, 2015
Thank You Pastor, apparently Crass Materialism is what is affecting most Pastors in The country, and with the level of poverty in the land, it is meet for You to reject! Thanks God be with You

8 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 01, 2015
Why such uncommon sense dsplayed by pastor bakare. If he knew dat mnany millions of nigerians r wallowin in poverty then he should hav taken d ride and sold it, used the money to feed the internally displaced people in the north east.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 01, 2015
a beg I dey go church,will comment when I come back,..........zooms of with ma Bugatti

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Opiosko: 7:38am On Feb 01, 2015
Ok, we heard u. For me, i yearn for the salvation of all Nigerians, not some political decipline or order which Jesus never strived for. Pst Bakare read ur bible.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by hotmas911(m): 7:39am On Feb 01, 2015
I love Pastor Bakare!

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by OBALOLA76: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2015
deejayterabyte:
cheesy
no be today
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:39am On Feb 01, 2015
As he always rejects gifts from PDP.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by tony1980: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2015
Nigeria is going to be great again! All hands must be on desk to make it a reality!

100 Most Powerful Ways Guaranteed To Make More Money Everyday In Nigeria Now!

My Dear, Just Rush Now & Get Your Own Over 100 Hottest Business Opportunities, Free Financial Assistance & Latest Money Making Ideas Like Over 5,000 Other Nigerians Immediately Without Delay Right Now By Clicking On BusinessFinancialIdeas
When You Visit http://www.facebook.com/pages

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by robinsoncrosoe: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2015
Pishure of him rejecting it or........................

Cheap way of wanting to be called a saint

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2015
True man of god

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by aspirebig: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2015
Hmm
Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by aladdin001(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2015
Y u no collect n sell am. Giv d money to charity. Ur rejecting it neva change d Nigeria still... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2015
I know some pastors that owns higher institution that would take the car and claim that the car would be used to run around,in other to monitor its ministries/branches.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:41am On Feb 01, 2015
people wii rather give to "god" that they cant see than give to men they can see undecided undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Wealthy Religion To Belong Today / 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival / Is Smoking A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.