Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? (8190 Views)

Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / Prophet Engages Women In Marathon Sex During Deliverance / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by phoneport(m): 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
This question was actually asked me by a friend, and honestly i didn't know how best to answer him.
Please lets analyse this question together.
What is your opinion.
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
when you are fasting , you are set apart from anything that may contaminate your spirit, reduce your physical strenght such as this one
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by phoneport(m): 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
hopelink1:
when you are fasting , you are set apart from anything that may contaminate your spirit, reduce your physical strenght such as this one
See i appreicate your answer, but when the fast is long like the current one embarked on by RCCG, Winners and others what should the couples do?
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
well if it is not going to affect the ongoing fasting then i permit you
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
fasting is punishing urself by depriving ur self things u enjoy doing just to get closer to GOD
so u dont sex while fasting even with ur wife
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
for if you cannot control your flesh it is better to do so than to burn , though paul says defraud (deny) ye not one the other , except it be with consent for a time , that ye may give yourself to fasting and prayer , and come together again , that satan tempt you not for your incontinency . but i speak this by permission, and not by commandment I corin 7;5&6)
phoneport:

See i appreicate your answer, but when the fast is long like the current one embarked on by RCCG, Winners and others what should the couples do?
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by lanaVello1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
its not a sin if it's with your wife naa
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by abitex577(m): 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
I want to assume you are talking about sex in marriage, if the person is married before going into a fast it has to be with the consent of the spouse and another point to be noted is the duration of the fast and the type of fast. One cannot be on a long fast like 40 days and more and expect your spouse will just be waiting on the other side till the person is done with the fast. Obviously, there will be times they'll be intimate and this is holy and acceptable before God. Nevertheless, there will short fasts for maybe 3 to 7 days and for such short periods total abstinence maybe observed.
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by LucemFerre: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
Have Sex now... If your fada na snoop D0GGY DOG
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Anas09: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
But na husband and wife go do the fast nah. The husband or wife no go stay for corner dey wait for his/her partner to finish the fast. U see? That's why the Bible says U must marry in the Lord.
Re: Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
phoneport:
This question was actually asked me by a friend, and honestly i didn't know how best to answer him.
Please lets analyse this question together.
What is your opinion.
there must be an agreement between the couples. secondly you can break your fast by 6p.m and have sex

(1) (Reply)

Conversation Between A Muslim And A American Over Terrorists Issue! / Hama Terrorists Complains That The Jewish God Changes The Flight Of Their Rocket / The Atheist's Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.