Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Is It right to follow instruction of religious leaders on who to vote for? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It right to follow instruction of religious leaders on who to vote for? (1000 Views)

Ijaw Leaders Disagree With Itsekiri Leaders On Dialoge With Nda / Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders / Open Letter To World Leaders On Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It right to follow instruction of religious leaders on who to vote for? by ignis: 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
A neighbour who did her child dedication today invited me to her church. The sermon was taken by the bishop of the diocese. He gave a "topicless sermon" (if there is any word like that). If am to tag a topic to the sermon, it will be - The achievements of GEJ and reasons why you should all vote him come Feb 14. He concluded the sermon by giving an order that everybody in the diocese must vote for GEJ, and voting otherwise is tantamount to the sin of disobedience. I felt very uncomfortable in my seat, not because am Anti-GEJ, but because I feel sad for what the church of God has turned to. I can't help but voice out " It's wrong for anyone to tell others who to vote for because it bastardize the essence of democracy. The so called spirit filled brothers sitting close to me where asking me to shut up and obey simple instruction , that he's the person God has put over us to tell us what to do, claiming God speaks to him on behalf of the church. Very perplexed I asked a colleague and he said I must do as commanded by God's servant because they know God's choice
Re: Is It right to follow instruction of religious leaders on who to vote for? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hell NO
Re: Is It right to follow instruction of religious leaders on who to vote for? by 0700Jesse(m): 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
Shey those fake religious leaders that speak that endorse deceptive presidential candidates and claim its God! Like buhari that forged WAEC
Re: Is It right to follow instruction of religious leaders on who to vote for? by phrancys001(m): 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
NO for it's a personal choice and not a religious one,so one should draw a line between both.
Re: Is It right to follow instruction of religious leaders on who to vote for? by ozo13(m): 11:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hmmm.wat a country

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Photos: What Buhari And Jonathan Did To Nigeria / Buhari Will Not Attend Debate Organised By Channels TV, Others – APC / Why Goodluck Jonathan Should Be Voted Out, Now And Fast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.