Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? (1828 Views)

My Wi-fi Button Refuses To Switch On. Pls Help / Help,my Wi Fi Keeps Showing Limited Connectivity / Help,my Wi Fi Keeps Showing Limited Connectivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Kul3ger(m): 10:37pm On Feb 01, 2015
Please I don't know how to get the wi-fi on my laptop functioning. I suspect it hasn't been installed initially, if that is the case, how do I go about It. Please any useful tip will be of great help..tanks

Its an acer laptop..Model: aspire E1-471
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by yorex2011: 10:57pm On Feb 01, 2015
If the hardware buttons don't put it on then u might need to reinstall d drivers...go through device manager.. The drivers might actual be in ur hard drive (windows- win 32- driverstore-file repository.. Not too sure of the location).. If it isnt there then u might need to get the drivers manually online.
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Rogbese(m): 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2015
Did you buy it new or used? Are you SURE it came with wifi hardware installed?
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Austileo: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
very nice laptop.is d webcam working also.all has soln.by getting it appropriate driver.ready for hep in case problem persist
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Lexusgs430: 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
Kul3ger:
Please I don't know how to get the wi-fi on my laptop functioning. I suspect it hasn't been installed initially, if that is the case, how do I go about It. Please any useful tip will be of great help..tanks

Its an acer laptop..Model: aspire E1-471

Simply use your device to establish the model of WiFi installed, download and install appropriate drivers.
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by roselynbas(f): 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
simply purchase driver pack 12 or 13 and run the set up to install the missing wifi driver on your laptop if you cannot download it. it cost only N200. Only do this if you have confirmed that the wifi card is available on your system.
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Kul3ger(m): 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
yorex2011:
If the hardware buttons don't put it on then u might need to reinstall d drivers...go through device manager.. The drivers might actual be in ur hard drive (windows- win 32- driverstore-file repository.. Not too sure of the location).. If it isnt there then u might need to get the drivers manually online.
Thanks but how do i know the drivers to get online?
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Kul3ger(m): 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
yorex2011:
roselynbas:
simply purchase driver pack 12 or 13 and run the set up to install the missing wifi driver on your laptop if you cannot download it. it cost only N200. Only do this if you have confirmed that the wifi card is available on your system.

Please how do i know if the wifi card is avaible?

yorex2011:
Lexusgs430:

Simply use your device to establish the model of WiFi installed, download and install appropriate drivers.
yorex2011:
roselynbas:

Please how do i know if the wifi card is avaible?

yorex2011:
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Kul3ger(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
Austileo:
very nice laptop.is d webcam working also.all has soln.by getting it appropriate driver.ready for hep in case problem persist

The webcam isnt working too..buh getting the appropriate driver is the problem...tanks for ur willignes to help
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Kul3ger(m): 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
Rogbese:
Did you buy it new or used? Are you SURE it came with wifi hardware installed?

Bought it used (uk used) ..pls how do i chk if it has the wifi hardware installed?
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Lexusgs430: 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2015
Kul3ger:

Bought it used (uk used) ..pls how do i chk if it has the wifi hardware installed?

Device Manager
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Rogbese(m): 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
Kul3ger:

Go to "device manager" and select "system" if it's not listed there then it may not be present or disabled in BIOS.

Entering BIOS is different on all systems. Some you will need to press esc, some del, some you have to press F1 while booting.
Re: How Do I Get My Wi-fi Working? by Kul3ger(m): 8:18am On Feb 10, 2015
I really do appreciate all of you who felt concerned to help me out..i finally figured it out...big tanks

(1) (Reply)

My Brand New Lenovo Laptop Is Giving Me Problem, Pls Help!!! / Setting Up Cybercafe: Do I Couple My Pc's With Gigapro Motherboard / Nigcomsat-1R:please Educate Us On Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.