Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Why Does He Only Text? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does He Only Text? (8063 Views)

How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read? / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does He Only Text? by Jadeen: 10:06am On Dec 29, 2008
Hello everyone.
I'm new here. Its nice to be on nairaland.
Something bothers me and i'd like your opinions.
There's this guy who claims to really like me but he only ever communicates by text.
Personally, i'm finding it hard to take a guy serious who can't pick up the phone and call me.
I've tried to tell him that i'm not much of a text person but he still hardly calls.
I've resorted to replying his texts only once in a while.
Am i thinking too much into this constant text business? Doesn't it matter?
Thank you.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by smooooooth: 10:17am On Dec 29, 2008
the poor guy no get money

so manage the text for now.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by Ben13: 10:32am On Dec 29, 2008
He beleives text is romantic. try let him know you're bored by it
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by HOLLASLYD(m): 11:18am On Dec 29, 2008
Na money now.if you need him to call you that bad,send him air time.he sure does'nt have any.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by alfchye(m): 11:24am On Dec 29, 2008
smooooooth:

LMAO!!!! LMAO!!!! LMAO!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by HRhotness(f): 11:27am On Dec 29, 2008
some pple r more comfortable expressing themsleves in writing. . . mayb if u give him more time, plus rather than replying his text with a text, u cld call him instead and help him get comfortable talking to u
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by ogazi007(m): 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2008
don't u know its quiet expensive and frustrating to toast a girl on phone?especially when most niaja girls only repeatedly send u mtn call me i miss u,call me i love u and most annoying send me credit.just help the poor boi out,afterall  u girls said true love ask for no money,just show the dude true love
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by Okanran(m): 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2008
smooooooth:

HOLLASLYD:

Na money now.if you need him to call you that bad,send him air time.he sure does'nt have any.

LMAO. . . grin grin grin

Trust Nairalanders to provide comic relief on any thread! grin
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by IGWEUSA(m): 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2008
Your guy wants to avoid busy networks. may be, he expects alot of calls from his other ,
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2008
smooooooth:

HOLLASLYD:

the girl go dump am now and him no get money. she no go even bother respond to the text messages again.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2008
Na im be say she no love am.love don't cost a thing abeg.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by hollandis(f): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2008
The question is "do you love him?"
Love is mutual,what have you done to reciprocate his love.If he expresses his love by texting you,I see nothing wrong with that.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by sangreal: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2008
Basically some guys are generally shy they can say i love u on the phone using voice while some can use the sms menu very well and send crisp messages that wud made ur head spin
@ poster my advice 4 u is that u let it keep coming thats his only way to tell u how much u mean to him and come to think of it do u know how many ladies wish thier man send them 1 message every day u are lucky girl
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by olanajim(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2008
Why not arrange to meet him?
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by HOLLASLYD(m): 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2008
If he has money to call and does'nt,he is probably apprehensive about talking to you on the phone. You just call him and clear that
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by HOLLASLYD(m): 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2008
If he has money to call and does'nt,he is probably apprehensive about talking to you on the phone. You just call him and clear that
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by olanajim(m): 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2008
Oh Gosh! Money money money!
What if the guy hate phones?
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by hollandis(f): 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2008
olanajim:

Oh Gosh! Money money money!
What if the guy hate phones?
\
Bros there is a money factor involved
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2008
Maybe the way you feel about texts is the same way he feels about calling, you never know  lipsrsealed
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by chiogo(f): 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2008
He's shy, that's the best explanation.
Some people are shy talking on the phone even though they can't see the person while on the phone.
One of my female friends is like that, only way she talks to her bf is through texts, AIM. LOL, it's kind@ funny to me!
If it's about money, he wouldn't be texting so much, texting is expensive too  undecided
Try telling him that you'd appreciate a call once in a while. Sometimes, it's not good for a guy to be shy.
Gets really annoying. cheesy
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by Nautillus(m): 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2008
lol . . .awwwh . . .homegal caught a cheap one.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by osakwe: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2008
just manage him for now he will be calling later.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by iice(f): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2008
Hello everyone.
I'm new here. Its nice to be on nairaland.
Something bothers me and i'd like your opinions.
There's this guy who claims to really like me but he only ever communicates by text.
Personally, i'm finding it hard to take a guy serious who can't pick up the phone and call me.
I've tried to tell him that i'm not much of a text person but he still hardly calls.
I've resorted to replying his texts only once in a while.
Am i thinking too much into this constant text business? Doesn't it matter?
Thank you.

Why don't you instead pick up the phone call him. Must he be the one to always call?
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by steve49ja(m): 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2008
Call him, spend time with him face to face, have light quarrels about it,he will change.
Good thing is he cares atleast he remembers to text you
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by HorneyChic(f): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2008
Nothing to it.
Personally, I always run out of words when I call, but can talk till eternity when one on one with the same people.
I love texting, I feel more at ease.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by IykeD(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2008
Try sending him recharge cards and see what happens.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by tope2000(f): 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2008
Nautillus:

lol . . .awwwh . . .homegal caught a cheap one.

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 30, 2008
maybe u can keep a conversation or your too emotuonal on phone
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by Treetop20(m): 2:01am On Dec 30, 2008
he wants you to be his other bust it baby.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by johnnygan(m): 3:19am On Dec 30, 2008
i see nothing wrong wit his text messages and quite frankly, i do those as well.
Do that cuz i feel great bout it and i express maself beta.
And i ain't allergic to that
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by semidaraeb(m): 4:34am On Dec 30, 2008
@poster u ladies are amazin!maybe dat is wat he like doin because i once met a girl who likd more of sms than cals,she was complainin dat her guy most of d times cals ha, and hardly sends sms and d guy is always to busy at work and manages to cal at least 3 times durin work hours,and he wil stil cal afta close of work or wen he gets home like twice b4 slepn, so wat do u make of dat,i blive u shuld cal him if he doesnt cal?! There is no harm in dat.
Re: Why Does He Only Text? by tRoOE(f): 5:02am On Dec 30, 2008
Like sumone stated earlier, it easy for him to express his feeling through written
Maybe his broke or you have a very annoying voice
There are so many may,
But why don't you call him for a change, if this texting really bothers you that much
you should be glad his texting, sum guys out there won't even give a shit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Love At First Sight? / WAIT OOOOOO! Is Breast Still A Private Part? / Ladies How Many Of You Can Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.