Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign (27214 Views)

Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities / PDP Governors Forum Interactive Session, Lagos, Live On NTA /AIT And Channels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by gratiaeo(m): 6:12am On Feb 02, 2015

From GODWIN TSA, Abuja

The presidential can­didate of the All Progressives Con­gress (APC), Gen­eral Muhammadu Buhari, has petitioned the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) over alleged hate campaign against him.

In his petition addressed to the Chairman of the commis­sion, Prof. Chidi Odinkalu, by the Director of Legal, APC Presidential Campaign Coun­cil, Chukwuma Machukwu Umeh (SAN), Buhari specifi­cally urged the NHRC to take punitive measures against the African Independent Televi­sion (AIT) and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) for airing a fabricated docu­mentary against him.

A similar petition has also been written to the Direc­tor General of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC). The petition dated January 30, 2015 drew the at­tention of the commission to what it described as “the on­going mischievous, fabricated, defamatory and hate docu­mentary broadcasts by African Independent Television and Nigerian Television Authority against All Progressives Con­gress and its presidential can­didate, General Muhammadu Buhari.”

The APC noted that apart from being fabricated and planted, the broadcasts were a complete negation of the re­cent noble violence-free elec­tion accord.

The petition read in part: “Campaign of hate, particular­ly when based on twisted facts and ill intentions, is a construc­tive incitement to violence. Campaign of hate is not only dehumanizing, it is against the spirit of our constitution and unwholesome to national interest. The electorate have right to base their evaluation of every election candidate on true facts, not deceptive and cooked manipulations.

“As you are aware, the broadcasts contravened Sec­tions 34 (1) (a), 35, 36 and 37 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) as well as Section 95 of the Electoral Act, 2010. General election is a solemn process to enable Ni­gerians build a better nation, good future and real prosper­ity. Certainly, these cannot be achieved on campaign and broadcast of hate.

“I, therefore, request your good office to investigate these ugly developments in our nation-building processes as to issue out necessary pun­ishments to the Nigerian Tele­vision Authority, Daar Com­munication Plc, (the owners of African Independent Televi­sion) and their comrades in the unholy acts.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=102766

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by eleko1: 6:14am On Feb 02, 2015
sad Who'll caution those animals?We all knw that AIT,NTA,DSS,police are arms of PDP/anti pipu.BUHARI shouldn't bother bout the slandering of his person.It is written,No weapon fashion against BUHARI shall prosper/and every tongue that rises against him in judgement is already broken.They are defeated.Una propaganda no go work.Sai BUHARI cool

164 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Adetula1(m): 6:17am On Feb 02, 2015
mumu man.he should instead call for the sanction of waec for telling the truth also.instead of him to be rehearsing his expo note for his debate against Dr GEJ.

105 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by elantraceey(f): 6:18am On Feb 02, 2015
I hope they have proof that it's not fabricated else i pity for them if ever Buhari wins .

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by tit(f): 6:21am On Feb 02, 2015
elantraceey:
I hope they have proof that it's not fabricated else i pity for them if ever Buhari wins .

what will buhari regime do?
what will the tyrant do?
take people to bar beach?
something dey worry you for head.

dont he know the way to court if he feels he has been slandered?
you people just like trouble.

94 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by utytill(m): 6:21am On Feb 02, 2015
pls go to bbc hausa.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 02, 2015
elantraceey:
Is that how Buhari intends to rule? Muzzling of the press smh

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 02, 2015
Come May 29 when buhari is sworn in as president so many govt officials will bite their fingers

Sai Buhari

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by gratiaeo(m): 6:23am On Feb 02, 2015
If Buhari were GEJ Sahara reporter, premium time etc would have been a thing of the past. Why did Buhari hate criticism?

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by PapiWata: 6:24am On Feb 02, 2015
The sore loser, Weeping General Buhari, can see the writing on the wall ALREADY, and is ALREADY whining like a stuck pig, in anticipation of YET ANOTHER landslide election defeat.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 02, 2015
Don't worry Buhari, after u ascend the throne,then u would av all power to close down both Ait and Nta...just be patient

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Brightology2(m): 6:27am On Feb 02, 2015
Mitchew

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Vicotex(m): 6:27am On Feb 02, 2015
why must they be sanctioned?
Na dem say make you no go school abi na dem force you do all your evil Deeds ?

What a man sow he shall reap
Gej till xxxxxx

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Vicotex(m): 6:29am On Feb 02, 2015
gratiaeo:
If Buhari were GEJ Sahara reporter, premium time etc would have been a thing of the past. Why did Buhari hate criticism?
even now as we are talking saharareporters are still saying bad sh!ts about Jonathan

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by clevvermind(m): 6:31am On Feb 02, 2015
Adetula1:
mumu man.he should instead call for the sanction of waec for telling the truth also.instead of him to be rehearsing his expo note for his debate Dr GEJ.
i wonder how he thinks.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by obamartins(m): 6:32am On Feb 02, 2015
That documentary is hitting GMB badly, I have a couple of friends who were supporting Buhari blindly but after seeing the documentary, I heard comments like "this guy naa demon o" "Haa! This guy is a bastard" "kai! This man is evil" "the guy naa scam" and so on. From the same friends and even more people I knew were undecided b4 they saw the documentary. GMB will do everything to stop that documentary which nothing but the truth.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by herald9: 6:33am On Feb 02, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Come May 29 when buhari is sworn in as president so many govt officials will bite their fingers

Sai Buhari

can't you guys comment on topic for once? undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by phlemzy: 6:34am On Feb 02, 2015
The campaign of hate & calumny that AIT keeps showing repeatedly, what has it given birth to? More popularity,votes & cheers for the General. Let PDP continue on this very path its threading.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by clevvermind(m): 6:34am On Feb 02, 2015
2undexy:
Don't worry Buhari, after u ascend the throne,then u would av all power to close down both Ait and Nta...just be patient
na where dat one won take happen? grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by alaoeri: 6:36am On Feb 02, 2015
gratiaeo:
Be honest to yourself, is that documentary criticism or slandering? abi uno sabi the different between the two.

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by omenka(m): 6:38am On Feb 02, 2015
Baba who is going to sanction them NCB, NBC, DSS, NPF?? Who will??

These campaigns in my opinion have only helped to make you even more popular. They reveal how desperate PDP is to ensure a man of such noble character as you never gets into Aso Rock. If you were as dirty as they want Nigerians to believe, they wouldn't have needed all that energy to pass the message across, don't you think so?? And Nigerians understand that! smiley

Sai Baba. Sai Buhari.

#DeliverYourStreet.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by obamartins(m): 6:38am On Feb 02, 2015
PapiWata:
The sore loser, Weeping General Buhari, can see the writing on the wall ALREADY, and is ALREADY whining like a stuck pig, in anticipation of YET ANOTHER landslide election defeat.
That documentary is hitting GMB badly, I have a couple of friends who were supporting Buhari blindly but after seeing the documentary, I heard comments like "this guy naa demon o" "Haa! This guy is a bastard" "kai! This man is evil" "the guy naa scam" and so on. From the same friends and even more people I knew were undecided b4 they saw the documentary. GMB will do everything to stop that documentary which nothing but the truth.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by dridowu: 6:45am On Feb 02, 2015
NTA, AIT, NCC, DSS , NPF, Radio Nigeria, SSS, VON, Ray Power, e.t.c they are all indirectly member of papa decve pikin .

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by PapiWata: 7:07am On Feb 02, 2015
The arrest, torture and murder of newspaper reporters will mark only the beginning of the reign of arbitrary, vindictive subjugation that Bokko Harri the terror gang leader has planned for Nigeria, IF election rigging allows that illiterate certificate forger to IMPOSE himself on Nigeria as civilian tyrant accountable only to himself.

With the newspapers cowed into submission, Weeping General Bokko Hari will then zero in on internet writers and websites, in the hopes of silencing them all with targeted murders and summary jail sentences imposed in secret, EXACTLY as was perpetrated during Bokko Hari's military dictatorship that was inflicted on Nigeria way back when Africa was truly the DARK continent, where power changed hands by force of arms rather than the electoral will of the people.

Jonathan Goodluck WILL complete his second term as Nigeria's President and Commander in Chief, REGARDLESS of how many Chadian mercenaries and impoverished virgin-hunters Bokko Hari engages to attack cities and slaughter civilians in northern Nigeria.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 02, 2015
clevvermind:
na where dat one won take happen? grin

4 Naija of cuz...abi na 4 Ghana?...i no even remembagrin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by baybeeboi: 7:11am On Feb 02, 2015
sorry Mr Buhari,no body is sanctioning no body.
We enjoyed watching it
If you have yours you just have to pay and get it aired.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by clevvermind(m): 7:15am On Feb 02, 2015
2undexy:

4 Naija of cuz...abi na 4 Ghana?...i no even remembagrin
i just dey look you dey laugh. gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by PapiWata: 7:17am On Feb 02, 2015
baybeeboi:
sorry Mr Buhari,no body is sanctioning no body.
We enjoyed watching it
If you have yours you just have to pay and get it aired.

Yes we are so VERY sorry for the Bokko Haram leader, Weeping General Buhari, because his delusions of grandeur are the cause of such PAIN ANGUISH and BITTERNESS to the terror gang leader and his brain-dead lemmings.

Ffuck you Boko Hari, the days of any Pellow Kwantiri-man muzzling the press are LONG over, never to return until HELL freezes over.

Once again, Weeping General Bokko Hari, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY and SORRY again, for your miserable failure of a life that you created for yourself with each killing of the innocent that you organized.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 02, 2015
Hmmm, na wa. He never win e don start to gag the press already. I hope Nigeria does not turn into North Korea soon.

May God see us through.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by joseph1832(m): 7:22am On Feb 02, 2015
The documentary was a total attack on Buhari's person, if it was aired against GEJ, we'll be hearing something different from Rhino Omokri and Okupe!.

I believe the appropriate authority should take decisive action against the media houses responsible. Although I don't see them doing anything against the NTA because its own by the government!.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by Jesusloveyou: 7:28am On Feb 02, 2015
obamartins:
u and those ur friends are d problem we have in dis nation,pdp is fraud,people deceiving party,u saTANiod enjoy lies.a documentary without facts,

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign by PapiWata: 7:29am On Feb 02, 2015
calebo101:
Hmmm, na wa. He never win e don start to gag the press already. I hope Nigeria does not turn into North Korea soon.

May God see us through.

It is a very good thing that the terror gang leader Bokko Hari is demonstrating that his fundamental EVIL disposition and character remain essentially unchanged despite the passage of DECADES since the dark age during which Weeping General Bokko Hari was a power-drunk military coup plotter.

Never one to engage his limited faculties for any sort of strategic or tactical thinking, Weeping General Bokko Hari is ALREADY celebrating an election victory that will ONLY ever exist in his sick and depraved imagination, and this is a GOOD thing, since this latest bout of impotent screaming and ranting illustrates beautifully that the legion of chronic maladies afflicting this ugly and sadistic creature are NOWHERE NEAR subsiding to make way for rational thought anywhere within the bony recesses of his largely vacant cranial cavity.

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Outrage In Ekiti PDP Over Secret Oath-Taking By Fayose’s Loyalists / Edo 2020: Williams Okuagban Condemns Obaseki Over Edo Assembly Invasion / Tinubu U.S Drug Case: Festus Keyamo Deceived Nigerians - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.