Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Nigerian Embassies/consulates/missions Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Embassies/consulates/missions Abroad (1563 Views)

Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies / Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service? / Foreign Embassies And Consulates In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassies/consulates/missions Abroad by munai(f): 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2006
I have 2 (two) questions?

1.What is the role of african missions abroad?

2. Has anyone seen the Naija Visa office in New York?

The reason I am asking these questions is that, I was shocked at the mannerism of the 'some' of the staff. Talk of slamming the phone in your ear, transferring your call to a filled up mail box(its been filled for the last 3 months), listening to a recorded msg "We currently closed , office hours are 9:30am, "(Meanwhile the time is way past 10:00am), people have you seen the Visa reception? Come on! I was not expecting Ikea furniture but not those beat up tables and chairs, its worse off, not even a computer, not for pose but to update the applicants' information, in short create a proper database. The guy at the counter has to give you these paper tickets with numbers, point at you to come to the window, staples your passport over 5 times, pricking these permanent holes and tells you to come in 48 hours at 9:30am.

People, I go there at 9:30 on the dot (meanwhile thinking this is the US, I am getting out of that place in a short time), What!what? I was told 'the boss is not in and the passport in in his office'. I give the guy some 30 minutes and nothing, I flip out, telling him not to waste my time as I have to get back to work. Coming back to what I said eailer, no proper data organization, computer people, computer with basic Word or Spreadsheets. I cant judge the embassy' budget but there are cheap P.Cs even at garage sells or pick up one on the street, esp. in Manhattan -there are rich folks.

I guess as the saying goings, 'Not all that glitters is gold' esp. after been mislead by the big beautiful marble building saying "Federal Govt of Naija".
Re: Nigerian Embassies/consulates/missions Abroad by iice(f): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2006
By missions am guessing you mean Embassies and Consulates, well i guess they are suppose to act as your govt in foreign lands
As for the problems you're saying, well its been awhile since i went for a visa and my passport is even expired but am not excited to go to the embassy coz right now, we cannot enter the embassy, we have to stay at a waiting area which is outside the embassy building (crappy way to treat nationals) plus they are really slow to react to cases concerning nationals not to mention organization, professionalism etc. All in all am not impressed with what they are doing.
Re: Nigerian Embassies/consulates/missions Abroad by Hunter(m): 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2006
I've used the nigerian embassy in australia (it's located in canberra in an area where practically every country has there main embassy) and it's total crap, they're slow, don't help at all with problems and generally give you the "I could do that but it would mean I have to do something" line with everything you ask.
Re: Nigerian Embassies/consulates/missions Abroad by munai(f): 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2006
Thats africa for you right there in your face. If you cant help your own national who will you assist? Its like helping a stranger before your own child, thats life!
Re: Nigerian Embassies/consulates/missions Abroad by eghost247(m): 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2010
Nigerian Consulates Abroad my View Total BULLSHIT
EVEN WHEN U PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE THEY TREAT U LIKE TOTAL SHIT
I HAVE HAD TO WAIT A FULL DAY AT THE NIGERIAN EMBASSY ATHENS FOR AGE DECLARATION DOCUMENT
FROM THE EMBASSY
IT WAS HELL

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Saudi Arabia / Traveling Air France From The United States To Nigeria / Get Egypt Visa (non Appearance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.