Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:38 AM

Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? (6141 Views)

Janniseries Ottoman Turkish Xtian Forced Fighers / General Election Shows That ALLAH Is Greater Than Xtian Gods / Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by busybein: 12:57am On Jan 06, 2009
WesleyanA:

thank you!

agreement ko agreement ni  grin

my dear i used to think like them too,until i noticed(though back home in naija) that some of these people live in peace and harmony far more than believers

its all about wanting to make things work,both spirits can tolerate eachother,when a man and his wife is trying to achieve one and same goal and set their minds to it:

d sky will be their limit be it wt an unbeliever or a believer
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by tope2000(f): 1:00am On Jan 06, 2009
busybein:

said who?please tell me,who told u they can't be in agreement?

and what makes u think believers can be in agreement?

listen marrying a believer does not gurantee a successful marriage,and marrying an unbeliever does not guarantee failure in marriage,even so called pastors and bishops are not in togedaness wt their wives

what is this agreement we r talking about?it can simply mean :both hearts uniting,coming togeda and trying to make or achieve a peaceful and loving home and all there is to it

Sorry u guys but this is . . .
The most sensible post so far
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by H2O2: 1:02am On Jan 06, 2009
JeSoul:

. . . hehe according only to Peroxide  smiley  

I spend time with my unsaved friends, I associate with them, we hang out occasionally, I might go to their birthday party or their graduation, they might come to my house for dinner. I love them and as long as I'm not falling away, I associate with them.
Look at what it says in just the previous chapter:
"I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world."

There is nuthin wrong with "associating" with unbelievers. But will I marry them? no. That will be to yoke myself. Dost thou not see this difference?  undecided
Not really.  I spoke based largely on the interpretation you supplied: i.e, bonds can be formed through association, and unity can be just as easily developed.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by H2O2: 1:04am On Jan 06, 2009
I think my conclusion is that

It is allowed but it is not recommended.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by ttalks(m): 1:10am On Jan 06, 2009
busybein and the others who're asking funny questions about agreement,,
The agreement in question here has to do with agreement of faith.Unbelievers and believers can never be in agreement in terms of faith.That agreement is the catalyst for the two flesh to become one;the requirement for a Godly marriage.
Marriages btw believers which fail are due to inconsistencies in the faith by either or the two of them and not because they are believers.
busybein,are u going to answer the question I asked or not?
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by busybein: 1:12am On Jan 06, 2009
ttalks:

The agreement in question here has to do with agreement of faith.Unbelievers and believers can never be in agreement in terms of faith.That agreement is the catalyst for the two flesh to become one;the requirement for a Godly marriage.
Marriages between believers which fail are due to inconsistencies in the faith by either or the two of them and not because they are believers.

and i ask u again,what makes u think two believers can agree in faith,i gave u an xample,tell me how many pastors and bishops that r in agreement wt their wives in faith?puhpleaseeeeee

my intimate life,i dont share on dis forum,neither do i allow pple go to personal with me

as for ur qstion,save it,i would have answered it,but since u used the "or not"  nope i wont answer it

NEXT
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25am On Jan 06, 2009
m_nwankwo (m): Yesterday at 09:42:12 PM »  
You ask so many questions and I will answer them briefly. I do not want to enter into a definition of a christian according to the bible because that will involve me quoting biblical passages which I do not do as a personal rule. But I know a bible believing christian because I was once one. For example you are a bible believing christian. My wife do not believe in reincarnation. She does not accept the theories of evolution and big bang. We do not pray together as her understanding of prayer is different from mine. She recognises Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour and so do I. Agreement between two people lie in the qualities of their  souls and not the earthly religion they profess. Gold is gold wheather it is in the hand of a prince or a begger. Cheers

Since you claimed to have been a bible believing Christian before your change to the grail message, explain to us briefly what you think made you to be a bible believing Christian? you don't need to quote the scriptures, a simple narration will do.  And permit me to ask one more question, you do not have to answer this if you don't feel like it, what faith or convictions do you expect your children to have?
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 1:29am On Jan 06, 2009
ttalks:

there are many dimensions to religious practice. some people, like you, take their christianity to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL. i.e it is sinful to talk to a muslim, watch tv, eat meat, wear pants, cook food  blah blah blha  

Marriages between believers which fail are due to inconsistencies in the faith by either or the two of them and not because they are believers.

what about marriages and relationships between a a christian and a muslim that DON'T FAIL?? read my previous post to see examples.

and I don't get you. inconsistencies in their faith? explain please? what do you mean by inconsistency in their faith? If two christians get a divorce because , for example, one partner has a bad habit of, let's say excessive anger, nagging, smoking, cheating, domestic violence etc. is this faith related? they are not in spiritual agreement?
please explain what you're talking about. thank you
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by busybein: 1:44am On Jan 06, 2009
good qstion there wesley
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by ttalks(m): 1:47am On Jan 06, 2009
busybein,
Believers will always agree in faith.If there is no agreement,it's either one or the both of them are not believers.
Most of the so called pastors and bishops u require examples from are not believers cos most of them base their life and beliefs on another gospel;a false gospel,not the gospel of Christ.
Besides,people's examples are not what we draw authorities from;the word of God is the only point we draw authorities on any issue.
As u won't answer my question,I will simply draw my conclusion based on ur comments here and there.Ur partner in marriage is probably an unbeliever,which makes ur view on the matter at hand a very biased one and not objective.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by busybein: 1:50am On Jan 06, 2009
im done wt arguing ojare,i still stand by my word
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 06, 2009
All due respect . . . there are times you read some posts and you just wonder aloud.  lipsrsealed

WesleyanA:

there are many dimensions to religious practice. some people, like you, take their christianity to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL. i.e it is sinful to talk to a muslim, watch tv, eat meat, wear pants, cook foo[/b]d  blah blah blha  

No one said any such nonsense . . . the crux of the matter is - is it right for a christian to willfully enter a marriage with a clear unbeliever? Why then was Abraham so concerned about Isaac's wife? what made Isaac sorrowful until his death about Esau's two wives? Where they taking their devotion to God to a "WHOLE NEW LEVEL"?

WesleyanA:

[b]what about marriages and relationships between a a christian and a muslim that DON'T FAIL??
read my previous post to see examples.

That they dont fail means they are sanctioned by God?  shocked grin Sometimes ehn.
So because the king was rich and lazarus was poor, the king was doing right?

Solomon married strange wives (why would the bible use such a definition at all) and the marriages didnt fail . . . but you know what judgement he recieved for that folly.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 06, 2009
busybein:

said who?please tell me,who told u they can't be in agreement?

and what makes u think believers can be in agreement?

listen marrying a believer does not gurantee a successful marriage,and marrying an unbeliever does not guarantee failure in marriage,even so called pastors and bishops are not in togedaness wt their wives

what is this agreement we r talking about?it can simply mean :both hearts uniting,coming togeda and trying to make or achieve a peaceful and loving home and all there is to it

I'm not sure you understand the usage of the term "agreement" here.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 2:03am On Jan 06, 2009
ok. let's all come back to earth here. . . so if the original poster marries the lady in the question at hand, what you religious bigots are saying is that:
1. he is committing a sin by marrying an "unbeliever".
2. It is a "spiritually" failed marriage (whether or not there appears to be nothing wrong in the marriage and the couples have no problem with their married life)

. . .such silliness. lol

anyways, I think the OP is just concerned about the alhaji. I don't think he worries too much about these stuff you religious bigots  are spilling out here. In fact, you belong to the class of mr. alhaji he's trying to avoid. lol
yeah you david
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by ttalks(m): 2:06am On Jan 06, 2009
Welsley,
when I say a person is inconsistent in the faith,it simply means he or she is not allowing the provisions of the faith to rule his/her life in most issues.
That is my point,and it clearly explains the scenario u painted as regards a Christian seeking divorce from a partner who smokes,drinks,etc.The divorce seeking in that case and the bad habits in that case are examples of inconsistensy in their faith.
The fact that u have an example of a Christian/muslim marriage that is working is not the issue or the point.Examples or experiences are never yardsticks to build theories on issues concerning God.The word of God is the only acceptable yardstick.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 06, 2009
ttalks dont bother . . . were Jesus to be alive today . . . a lot of those who will stone Him as a religious bigot are those who never miss a sunday service.

WesleyanA:

ok. let's all come back to earth here. . . so if the original poster marries the lady in the question at hand, what you religious bigots are saying is that:
1. he is committing a sin by marrying an "unbeliever".
2. It is a "spiritually" failed marriage (whether or not there appears to be nothing wrong in the marriage and the couples have no problem with their married life)

. . .such silliness. lol

So your own measure of a sanctified marriage is outward appearance? And someone said we arent in the last days yet.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 2:52am On Jan 06, 2009
davidylan:

ttalks don't bother . . . were Jesus to be alive today . . . a lot of those who will stone Him as a religious bigot are those who never miss a sunday service.

So your own measure of a sanctified marriage is outward appearance? And someone said we arent in the last days yet.

I don't have any measure for "sanctified marriage." only HAPPY  cheesy marriage.
please don't put words in my mouth. I put quotations around some phrases (read: "spiritually" failed) for a reason: to question their definition i.e i don't agree with their ideas.

yes we are in the last days. that person was wrong.

ttalks:

Welsley,
when I say a person is inconsistent in the faith,it simply means he or she is not allowing the provisions of the faith to rule his/her life in most issues.
That is my point,and it clearly explains the scenario u painted as regards a Christian seeking divorce from a partner who smokes,drinks,etc.The divorce seeking in that case and the bad habits in that case are examples of inconsistensy in their faith.
The fact that u have an example of a Christian/muslim marriage that is working is not the issue or the point.Examples or experiences are never yardsticks to build theories on issues concerning God.The word of God is the only acceptable yardstick.  

yessir! 
Your post is clearer to me now. I don't agree with the bulk of your reasoning but there is that wonderful thing called freedom to express your opinion, so it's all good  wink
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by osisi3(f): 3:33am On Jan 06, 2009
The guy being a Christian asked a question and Christians answered him based on the Bible which is the Christian manual and the heathen have a problem with it?
This place is funny ,I tell ya
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 3:56am On Jan 06, 2009
read the original question again please. The main concern of the OP is the alhaji who is against his union between him and his girlfriend. He clearly doesn't want to lose his muslim girlfriend even though he's a christian and personally has no problems with inter-religious marriage. He is only concerned about his girlfriend's bigot dad.

He asked a separate question from what these bible thumpers are answering.
At least he himself decided as a christian to date a muslim and planned to marry her  The point of the topic is to get help and advice concerning the stumbling block (alhaji) standing in their way.

why turn the topic into a sunday sermon. . . . , . . . . .as delivered from Pastor Jeremiah Wright's own pulprit? lol
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by osisi3(f): 4:01am On Jan 06, 2009
WesleyanA:

read the original question again please. The main concern of the OP is the alhaji who is against his union between him and his girlfriend. He clearly doesn't want to lose his muslim girlfriend even though he's a christian and personally has no problems with inter-religious marriage. He is only concerned about his girlfriend's bigot dad.

He asked a separate question from what these bible thumpers are answering.
At least he himself decided as a christian to date a muslim and planned to marry her  The point of the topic is to get help and advice concerning the stumbling block (alhaji) standing in their way.

why turn the topic into a sunday sermon. . . . , . . . . .as delivered from Pastor Jeremiah Wright's own pulprit? lol

You missed the whole point.
I am one of those Bible thumpers who are telling him that the Bible abhors marriage between a Christian and an unbeliever.
He says he's a Christian remember?
got a problem with the Christian viewpoint? since Olabowole and the others are not Koran thumpers
it's obvious you're neither a Christian nor a Muslim,why wouldn't you just be silent on the matter ?
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 4:06am On Jan 06, 2009
*osisi*:

You missed the whole point.
I am one of those Bible thumpers who are telling him that the Bible abhors marriage between a Christian and an unbeliever.
He says he's a Christian remember?
Since it's obvious you're neither a Christian nor a Muslim,why wouldn't you just be silent on the matter ?

well I am Christian.
And, just because he mentioned that's he's christian doesn't mean he wants only christians to post in the thread (did you see a "christian only" sign in the description of the topic?) . I don't think he's as closed minded as you bible thumpers other wise, he wouldn't date a muslim in the first place.

by the way, not every christian believes in your idea of what the bible says and not say about marriage. He's Christian remember? And i'm sure he opens his bible and reads it once in a while.
he's not looking for your advice on who and who not to be with.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by osisi3(f): 4:10am On Jan 06, 2009
WesleyanA:

well I am Christian.
And, just because he mentioned that's he's christian doesn't mean he wants only christians to post in the thread (did you see a "christian only" sign in the description of the topic?) . I don't think he's as closed minded as you bible thumpers other wise, he wouldn't date a muslim in the first place.

and I have testicles the size of dumbells
I will thump that Bible
thump it
thump it.
let your demons revolt all they want
open minded Christianity from the pit of hell.
A Christian that has no knowledge of the Bible is a seat warmer at a Church.
Take it out on the Bible then, Ms open minded,churchgoer.

Or tear that page off your Bible if you own one.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 4:11am On Jan 06, 2009
*osisi*:

I will thump that Bible
thump it
thump it.

I really could care less about the size of your testicles undecided
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by nguage(m): 4:16am On Jan 06, 2009
What's the question here if you're both in love, you're both happy and have future plans for each other. The parents and the religious leaders will not be there with you when you commit suicide.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 4:19am On Jan 06, 2009
n-guage:

What's the question here if you're both in love, you're both happy and have future plans for each other. The parents and the religious leaders will not be there with you when you commit suicide.

thank you jare.
esp. when some of these "religous leaders" (cough* osisi* cough) are fake and self-proclaimed. I don't know who appointed them judge over others.  undecided holy holy
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by osisi3(f): 4:23am On Jan 06, 2009
WesleyanA:

thank you jare.
esp. when some of those "religous leaders" are fake and self-proclaimed. I don't know who appointed them judge over others. undecided holy holy

Grow up then marry before you can attempt to give marital advise.
You think marriage is driving from one pizza joint to another with a young man wearing a crucifix whose plaid boxers rise above his pants
There's more to marriage than love
I'm assuming you even have a clue what that word love  means.
Hopefully you'll remember that someday,or else.
I see 5 husbands  and counting in your future

if the guy wanted a brand of chewing gum to get rid of his halithosis,you may have something to say
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Nobody: 4:30am On Jan 06, 2009
WesleyanA:

well I am Christian.

by the way, not every christian believes in your idea of what the bible says and not say about marriage. He's Christian remember? And i'm sure he opens his bible and reads it once in a while.
he's not looking for your advice on who and who not to be with.

What concord hath light and darkness?

Sometimes you read from some christians and you wonder if you still have the correct bible. Open mindedness? What is that all about? Paul would be absolutely horrified! grin He even said it would be better if we didnt marry at all.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Hauwa1: 4:33am On Jan 06, 2009
"Read Only Mode"

the violent take it by force @ osisi

I will thump that Bible
thump it
thump it.
A Christian that has no knowledge of the Bible is a seat warmer at a Church.
Take it out on the Bible then, Ms open minded,churchgoer.

Or tear that page off your Bible if you own one.
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 4:50am On Jan 06, 2009
davidylan:

What concord hath light and darkness?

Sometimes you read from some christians and you wonder if you still have the correct bible. Open mindedness? What is that all about? Paul would be absolutely horrified!  grin He even said it would be better if we didnt marry at all.

ok. let's all be close minded then
let's kill of the homosexuals, burn off the muslims, hindus etc, then. . . . let's jail all the RCCG people, Catholic people, Deeper Life people, Fire of Mountain people, only the Winners Chapel people are true christians.  but no. . . .the ones that wear blue hats are not worthy. . . tongue
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by WesleyanA(f): 4:54am On Jan 06, 2009

if the guy wanted a brand of chewing gum to get rid of his halithosis,you may have something to say

lol. yes I will have something to say!!! cheesy
chewing gum won't cure halistosis. He needs to see a dentist to prescribe a stronger medication. lol jk
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 06, 2009
WesleyanA:

ok. let's all be close minded then
let's kill of the homosexuals, burn off the muslims, hindus etc, then. . . . let's jail all the RCCG people, Catholic people, Deeper Life people, Fire of Mountain people, only the Winners Chapel people are true christians. but no. . . .the ones that wear blue hats are not worthy. . . tongue

just carry a bible and read what it says . . . i didnt write it. grin
If you are angry about the close-minded nature of the bible pls take it up with Jesus . . . leave poor me alone. Did i die on the cross for you? Abegi leave me o. grin
Re: Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:01am On Jan 06, 2009
*coughs side comment*
I always say paul was an educated fraud cashing in on the rave of the moment
*comment ended*
Me thinks the situation in corinth plays a major role in deciphering that piece of biblical code smiley
If paul was living today and writing this in new york he might have said something different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? / The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt / Is Homosexuality Dangerous To Society?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.