Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:43 PM

Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention (41906 Views)

4 Sure Fire Ways To Get Rid Of Mouth Odour / Common Toilet Disease : Symptoms And Prevention / Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
Thanks to VickyRotex for daring to speak out on body odour problem in our society. Her thread is the motivation for this one cause the two problems are very common amongst people living around us.

Mouth odour can be suffered by anybody; doesn't matter whether you are 1 year old or 100 years old. Civil servants, public servants, private servants, graduates, undergraduates, post-graduates, NYSC corp members, lecturers, artisans, traders, pastors or politicians, I have found this problem in all of them.

The sad truth is that many people suffering from it don't even know they have it. Thus, the have-nots are always at the recieving end. If mouth odour could blind someone, over 90 percent of Nigerians would be blind by now. Its that serious.

To know if you have mouth odour, you can simply lick the back of your hand, wait 5 seconds, then smell it. Thats the quick way. The best way is to be told by a friend, enemy or relative. Most people cannot just gather enough courage to inform others about their mouth odour condition.

Mouth odour, like body odour, is not a spiritual problem. Don't waste your time going to native doctors or pastors for solutions. The best person to meet is a dentist. However, if you can't afford a dentist, you can try the following tips.

1. Brush at least twice a day. I know some people will still not take this advice. Whether you are fasting or not please brush your mouth always. Make sure you brush your tongue very well cos thats the main culprit.

2. Floss at least twice a week or regularly to get rid of those smelly calcified substance jammed or lodged between your teeth. Also scratch your throat always to get rid of those same smelly, yellowish substances that may lodge inside your throat (very very important).

3. If you can't afford a bottle of lysterine then buy a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, mix ten drops in five table-spoonful of water, use it to gargle (hold in your mouth for 2 minutes) and wash your tongue thoroughly before using normal toothpaste. Do this at least twice a week and you will notice a big difference.

I just hope many Nigerians will read this and save others from the silent pain they suffering. Together, lets make our atmospheric air clean and fresh to breath in. You can save that marriage, friendship or relationship by informing others of their condition e.g send them a polite anonymous message. Finally, and very very important too,

Vote for

grin

95 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by stal: 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
Scratching your throat? How?

3 Likes

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2015
stal:
Scratching your throat? How?

Like trying to disloge something stuck in your throat. Scratching the throat can help to dislodge those smelly substances stuck there.

6 Likes

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by adedam007(m): 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
isotonic:
@The bolded, that's disgusting. If you suspect your breath stinks please save a soul and pop in a breath mint, please sad

Oga its not disgusting.. .you can lick bossoms, dikes and kitty-kats bt u can't lick the back of ur own hand.. . . . .I had a friend who chewed breath mint for 24 hours, even in her dreams, but the problem was still there until my friend took my advice.

5 Likes

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
Martins301:

Oga its not disgusting.. .you can lick bossoms, dikes and kitty-kats bt u can't lick the back of ur own hand.. . . . .I had a friend who chewed breath mint for 24 hours, even in her dreams, but the problem was still there until my friend took my advice.
Im not an "oga" hence the "f" next to my moniker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 03, 2015
isotonic:
Im not an "oga" hence the "f" next to my moniker

Sorry ma. . .but hope u get my point or agree with me?
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Ojestas(m): 9:25pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by yuzjet(m): 9:25pm On Feb 17, 2015
Kul hints!
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Ilekeh(f): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
Nigerian men, hope you're listening.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by SAMBARRY: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hmnn
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by ggrin(f): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
BITG
angryangry
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
some maut odour fit spoil yr future
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
how about we use the old method.....*Charcoal*

2 Likes

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Marksule(m): 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
Oops....Mouth odour existing since the begining of creation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
Ilekeh:
Nigerian men, hope you're listening.
likewise

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by dstnd: 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
gals deh try learn oo
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by rashygenius: 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
if we re to follow d etiquettes of islam,nobody will av mouth odour
d use of siwaak(chewing stick) b4 evry solat(dts 5times daily)......

Even if d mouth smell pass carnal,haba 5times a day suppose cure am

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by omanifrank(m): 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
hmm
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Sijo01(f): 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by simplemach(m): 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
Which one be how to detect mouth odour again, The thing dey hide ne?

1 Like

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by naijainfogalery: 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
How to know if you have mouth odour
1. You never lose an argument especially the ones that its obvious you are talking trash
2. When ever you carry a baby they always cry
3. When ever you talk to people, they almost wanna start crying
4. When you offer to come explain things to people they be like No Noo Noooo its ok i can hear you from there
5. You've never passed an oral interview
6. Your friends always offer you bubble gum
7. someone has given you toothpaste as a gift

How to Prevent it
1. Mostly mouth odour is usually caused as a result of over sedimentation of food particles in your mouth, So brush twice a day and floss regularly, Look for the hidden spots, holes in your teeth, then floss it out with a dental floss.
2. Do a teeth scaling/polishing twice a year that is visit your dentist twice a year
3. make sure you floss immediately after eating
4. Have mint chewing gum handy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by omanifrank(m): 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
Marksule:
Oops....Mouth odour existing since the begining of creation
who tell you..na grandpa or grandma
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by afolwalex20(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
Na WA o
Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by lonelydora: 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
Calling my ex girlfriend immediately to read this thread......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by Jerrick(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
Even if I stopped brushing my teeth, I can't still have mouth odour. smiley

1 Like

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by seedorfg(m): 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
too much (locust beans) iru is not good to eat grin

1 Like

Re: Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention by EmmanuelDon7(m): 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
Those who no dey laf coz of their teeth, u hear ba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

348 New Covid-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On June 3 - (1535 Tested) / I'm Ready To Sue One Of The Biggest Private Hospital In Lagos / COVID-19: NCDC Reports Five New Cases, Total Now 214

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.