Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? (4995 Views)

UNIJOS Promise To Reward Any Student With Info On The Cause Of The Fire Outbreak / A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) / Africans Are The Major Cause Of Their Underdevelopment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Penboy: 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
I teach in a certain primary school and I'm maniacally bewildered regarding the level of dullness some pupils exhibit.
I try so hard to teach these ones simple sum over and over again; ask them this sum in the next second and you'll get a frustrating answer.One pupil was over 12 and could not even read decently.

And i ask why?
Is it that "dullness" is genetically inclined or environmentally induced?

P.s: if you've not taught a dull student before, you won't feel my pain.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by vanen2: 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2015
You'll just have to bear with them. . . Poor foundation from primary school, Fear for Maths, hatred for certain teachers, HEREDITY, poor home upbringing and attention. . . . . . . . . Two of my siblings had an extra year in the University and I almost made First Class. We all graduated in the same Year. But bro, na God the give o

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
You are maniacally bewildered ...hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaaha!

back to the matter;

The kind of seed to be sown depends on the type of soil. Our education system needs to realize the comprehension ability of students/pupils and tailor their teaching techniques to suit each individual needs or pattern. Be patient, I know how you feel. At times you might even feel like abusing the kid and walk away, but don't do it. With patience and persistence, even the dumbest child can be turned into a guru!

Good luck !
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Genea(f): 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2015
1) heredity
2) sickness e.g measles, small pox
3) late marriage
4)accidents
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Penboy: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
Genea:
1) heredity
3) late marriage
4)accidents
hmm! Measles? Does that affect the functionality of the brain?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Penboy: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
You are maniacally bewildered ...hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaaha!

back to the matter;

The kind of seed to be sown depends on the type of soil. Our education system needs to realize the comprehension ability of students/pupils and tailor their teaching techniques to suit each individual needs or pattern. Be patient, I know how you feel. At times you might even feel like abusing the kid and walk away, but don't do it. With patience and persistence, even the dumbest child can be turned into a guru!

Good luck !
nice one bro. I just felt, maybe "school" education is not for everyone.
Some people might do well vocationally.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Penboy: 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
vanen2:
You'll just have to bear with them. . . Poor foundation from primary school, Fear for Maths, hatred for certain teachers, HEREDITY, poor home upbringing and attention . . . . . . . . . Two of my siblings had an extra year in the University and I almost made First Class. We all graduated in the same Year. But bro, na God the give o
hmm. Yeah, I had a heart to heart discussion with one,only to realise that he lost his mother and four of his siblings to death. May be the cause of his instability.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Genea(f): 6:37am On Feb 06, 2015
Penboy:
hmm! Measles? Does that affect the functionality of the brain?
yup , it affected a cousin brain
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Penboy: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
Genea:
yup , it affected a cousin brain
oh men! Is it any better? What was the cure?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Genea(f): 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
Penboy:
oh men! Is it any better? What was the cure?
nothing
just coping
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by suxex4ever: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
Genea:
1) heredity
3) late marriage
4)accidents

MADAMMMM!!! Am quite sure you cant prove how late marriage causes dullness of offspring.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Genea(f): 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
suxex4ever:

MADAMMMM!!! Am quite sure you cant prove how late marriage causes dullness of offspring.
genes are nt very effective wen u r getting old ,most of d genetic materials bcom under active and wont be transported efficiently to d offspring.......also a woman in her late 30's tend to undergo prolonged labour which could put more pressure on d baby and damage d brain...any doubt ask a gynaecologist

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by suxex4ever: 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
Genea:
genes are nt very effective wen u r getting old ,most of d genetic materials bcom under active and wont be transported efficiently to d offspring.......also a woman in her late 30's tend to undergo prolonged labour which could put more pressure on d baby and damage d brain...any doubt ask a gynaecologist
I wont say you are wrong because am not with facts. But have seen children born from old age that have resemblance of their parents even more than I take from my parents.

Peradventure you are right, hope you are not engaged make we do am quick quick?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Genea(f): 8:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
suxex4ever:

I wont say you are wrong because am not with facts. But have seen children born from old age that have resemblance of their parents even more than I take from my parents.

Peradventure you are right, hope you are not engaged make we do am quick quick?
lolx am 16,am stil underage
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Skykid1208(m): 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
Genea:
lolx am 16,am stil underage

so you don't know no Underage bride in Naija again?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Vinx4Christ(m): 9:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
some is the environment they find themself
y some is the way their parent treat them I notice this when I was a teacher, this boy is so lazy, not that He dont know what He's doing but because of d way his mom handle him, he look dull and lazy in class and when u ask him any question he will not Answer.
Also the kind of friends they keep (doh not applicable to all)

unseriousness and hate for education
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Genea(f): 12:11am On Feb 07, 2015
Skykid1208:

so you don't know no Underage bride in Naija again?
eeehn sa not me
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Tobilastik(m): 9:43pm On May 13, 2015
undecided

Penboy:
I teach in a certain primary school and I'm maniacally bewildered regarding the level of dullness some pupils exhibit.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by lilmax(m): 10:20pm On May 13, 2015
Bad "foundation "
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by cyberguy72(m): 11:47pm On May 13, 2015
Penboy:
I try so hard to teach these ones simple sum over and over again; ask them this sum in the next second and you'll get a frustrating answer.One pupil was over 12 and could not even read decently.

And i ask why?
Is it that "dullness" is genetically inclined or environmentally induced?

P.s: if you've not taught a dull student before, you won't feel my pain.
@OP ask BUHARI our BABA ONECHANCE
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 13, 2015
Those kinda student makes me think education is not for everyone... they are d ones who acts like big boy and cheat in the exams
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Penboy: 7:14am On May 14, 2015
cyberguy72:
@OP ask BUHARI our BABA ONECHANCE
hehe!
What did Buhari did to you brother?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Penboy: 7:16am On May 14, 2015
Tobilastik:
undecided

na #Godwin o
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by somtoto(m): 9:10am On May 14, 2015
Genea:
1) heredity 2) sickness e.g measles, small pox 3) late marriage 4)accidents
measlessmall pox hmmmmmm how
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by Goldenboy842(m): 10:24am On May 14, 2015
Lack of play
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of A Child's Dullness?? by alkonami(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2015
I believe environmental factors contributes significantly to a child been dull.. Inadequate exposure to the right learning conditions as the child grows is a major factor.
Although some children's dullness cannot be explained scientifically because you ll find a dull child whose parents are doctors and well to do..
In summary sha it is multifactorial

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Free Browsing And Call For 1 Month - Magic Sims / Ramdom Colorized Photos Of Life Before The Enlightened Era / Which Of The Organ Of The Body Never Rest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.