Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles (86718 Views)

Is This A Haircut Or Head Cut? (photos) / Your Accessory Can Make Or Mar Your Fabric / Ghanaian Fabric On Varsity Jacket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 8:28am On Feb 04, 2015
Hello peeps, I am C.E.O, estapresh Signature. This topic is for both novice&intermediate. It's for those who have difficulty in drafting and cutting. So feel free to throw in your questions.

3 Likes

Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by goforwardagu: 9:30am On Feb 04, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmm i like this dearie

keep it up

following you closely grin
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by oluwadeeboi(m): 10:40am On Feb 04, 2015
Ohkay, thnx.. Please how do you measure and cut armhole for men across all sizes? (2) is there a particular shape or pattern the armhole should look like? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
To draft jumpsuit, measure your bodice i.e top from shoulder to waist &add extra 1", then your trouser, add 1" to d crouch depth, the 1" is for seam allowance. See rough sketch below

Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 12:23am On Feb 05, 2015
Tnx luv grin
goforwardagu:
hmmmmmmmmmmm i like this dearie

keep it up

following you closely grin
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 12:41am On Feb 05, 2015
To measure armhole for male,d standard measurement is 9" but for a bigger person, u can use 9.5", from shoulder point,measure your 9" down, den use ur french curve. But not dat u won't cut d armhole in d way a female own is being cut. See rough sketch below. I trust dis wld help.
oluwadeeboi:
Ohkay, thnx.. Please how do you measure and cut armhole for men across all sizes? (2) is there a particular shape or pattern the armhole should look like? Thanks in anticipation

Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by muskham(f): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
How to measure iro and buba on myself is what i need pls
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by ozedresources: 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hi could u pls explain how to cut and sew off shoulder padded blouse, just like the ibo type of blouse. Thank u.
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by oluwadeeboi(m): 8:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
estyy2:
To measure armhole for male,d standard measurement is 9" but for a bigger person, u can use 9.5", from shoulder point,measure your 9" down, den use ur french curve. But not dat u won't cut d armhole in d way a female own is being cut. See rough sketch below. I trust dis wld help.
Yea,it did..altho I dint rili see the picture clearly,the explanation is ok. What about the armhole width, I believe you undastand what I mean by that? That place where the curve ends, what is the measurment?
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2015
Measure your chest circumference,then measure length of armhole 9" to the line of chest,see sketch. For the other sketch, zoom it,you'll see clearly.
oluwadeeboi:

Yea,it did..altho I dint rili see the picture clearly,the explanation is ok. What about the armhole width, I believe you undastand what I mean by that? That place where the curve ends, what is the measurment?

Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2015
As you know buba is usually free on the body except for the latest style. For the normal buba measurement, depending on how free you want it on your body,fold your fabric into 4, add 7" to your normal bust measurement, 2" s/a is inclusive in the 7". Remember buba doesn't have shape,so when you add 14" to your bust,cut straight down to length. For the neck, depending on how wide you want it, so you can make it 3.5" by 5". Then for the iro,a normal stature, is 2yards&9"
muskham:
How to measure iro and buba on myself is what i need pls

1 Like

Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
It's not easy to explain bustier blouse without you seeing it in reality bt i'll try if you can understand. See sketch but the sketch is not for off shoulder, but from the diagram,you'll cut out the shoulder part i.e you'll not cut out shoulder with bodice while cutting your fabric, you'll have to cut the shoulder together with sleeve. I hope you understand?
ozedresources:
Hi could u pls explain how to cut and sew off shoulder padded blouse, just like the ibo type of blouse. Thank u.

Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by oluwadeeboi(m): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
estyy2:
Measure your chest circumference,then measure length of armhole 9" to the line of chest,see sketch. For the other sketch, zoom it,you'll see clearly.
Thanks, I got this. Trouser questions comin soon
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by SEAme(f): 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
Good day ma, pls how do I draft an A-line skirt? Thanks
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by ozedresources: 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
[quote author=estyy2 post=30508988]It's not easy to explain bustier blouse without you seeing it in reality bt i'll try if you can understand. See sketch but the sketch is not for off shoulder, but from the diagram,you'll cut out the shoulder part i.e you'll not cut out shoulder with bodice while cutting your fabric, you'll have to cut the shoulder together with sleeve. I hope you understand?
The pictures are rather small. I can't see them. Thanks all d same.
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
Sorry dear about the picture quality, try zoom it,you'll see it clearly[quote author=ozedresources post=30519375][/quote]
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
Draft your normal straight skirt&add 4" or 6" (depending on how flare you want it). See sketch. Zoom to see diagram clearly.
SEAme:
Good day ma, pls how do I draft an A-line skirt? Thanks

Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by maram63: 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pls, I will like u to explain how to cut and place collar on jacket, most especially for women...tanx
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by ladyju(f): 9:10am On Feb 09, 2015
Pls I need to know how to cut trouser for women. Thank u
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by SEAme(f): 9:15am On Feb 09, 2015
Thanks will try it out
estyy2:
Draft your normal straight skirt&add 4" or 6" (depending on how flare you want it). See sketch. Zoom to see diagram clearly.
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by Janeyinka(f): 11:37am On Feb 09, 2015
hi,I love this.pls can u help me draft a normal and pleated female hand.am always making mistakes in the two hands thank u.
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by Ernaal: 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
Could u pls expantiate on d jumpsuits......or probably explain d trousers.Its an overlap jumpsuit dat I wanna make.Pix will help.Tanxxx
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by mimiejacobz(f): 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
Nyc thread, please give me the details about breastpad
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by noncy21: 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
what a lovely thread. pls ma teach me on how to draft and cut ladies jacket. tnx ma.
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by noncy21: 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
what a lovely thread. pls ma teach me how to draft and cut ladies jacket. tnx ma.
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
Ernaal:
Could u pls expantiate on d jumpsuits......or probably explain d trousers.Its an overlap jumpsuit dat I wanna make.Pix will help.Tanxxx
estyy2:
To draft jumpsuit, measure your bodice i.e top from shoulder to waist &add extra 1", then your trouser, add 1" to d crouch depth, the 1" is for seam allowance. See rough sketch below
. Try zoom d picture, then let me know exactly what you don't understand. Thanks
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2015
For me, I full padded breast, i.e the wadden will not be cut with the bust size rather,it will full padding. . To make a padded blouse, you need the following measurement point to point, upper bust,bust, underbust,waist&hip. Fold your fabric into 2, measure the widest part of Your blouse which is the bust add 4"s/a, then measure your point to point,it should either be 4 or 4.5",then add anoda 0.5" to the point to point for joinin,assumin you are using 4.5 as your point to point,when u add the 0.5",u'll have 5",add anoda 0.5" to d 5" that will give you 5.5", from that 5.5" draw a stright line down,measure 0.5" to d lefr&to the rightfrom d point to pointand do same for the waist too,then cut out d 0.5" i.e the dart,following the shape,once you are through cutting,you should be able to achieve d diiagram 2. Pls zoom picture to see clearly.
mimiejacobz:
Nyc thread, please give me the details about breastpad

2 Likes

Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by mimiejacobz(f): 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
estyy2:
For me, I full padded breast, i.e the wadden will not be cut with the bust size rather,it will full padding. . To make a padded blouse, you need the following measurement point to point, upper bust,bust, underbust,waist&hip. Fold your fabric into 2, measure the widest part of Your blouse which is the bust add 4"s/a, then measure your point to point,it should either be 4 or 4.5",then add anoda 0.5" to the point to point for joinin,assumin you are using 4.5 as your point to point,when u add the 0.5",u'll have 5",add anoda 0.5" to d 5" that will give you 5.5", from that 5.5" draw a stright line down,measure 0.5" to d lefr&to the rightfrom d point to pointand do same for the waist too,then cut out d 0.5" i.e the dart,following the shape,once you are through cutting,you should be able to achieve d diiagram 2. Pls zoom picture to see clearly.

tnx alot
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by Ernaal: 1:39am On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=estyy2 post=30610937]. Try zoom d picture, then let me know exactly what you don't understand. Thanks[/quot

Tanxxxx ma'am......will give it my best shot
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2015
Kk,no p. Waiitiing for ur question anytime. [quote author=Ernaal post=30681191][/quote]
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by estyy2(f): 7:45am On Feb 13, 2015
Yw dear&i hope u understand the explanation, feel free to ask any you dnt understand.
mimiejacobz:

tnx alot
Re: Questions And Explanation On How To Draft And Cut Your Fabric On Any Styles by noncy21: 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
noncy21:
what a lovely thread. pls ma teach me how to draft and cut ladies jacket. tnx ma.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Pics Of Ghana Weaving / Woman Pulls off Wig, Sells it For N200k Infront of her Husband While Hanging(pi / Guy Reacts To Calvin Klein Boxers Of N22,000 He Saw At A Supermaket (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.