Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala (34323 Views)

We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF / Dokpesi In Fresh Trouble As Prosecution Traces Another N8.7bn / Alleged N30tr Missing Under Okonjo-iwela Impossible! - Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by dejt4u(m): 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
Soludo holds fire, but insists N30 trillion, plus AU’s N8.6trillion missing under Okonjo-Iweala

A former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Chukwuma Soludo, has released another statement, saying the N30 trillion he identified as missing under Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, does not include the about N8.6 trillion the African Union said is stolen from Nigeria annually.

Read full statement below
I STAND BY MY STATEMENTS
Chukwuma Charles SOLUDO, CFR

1. My attention has been drawn to statements credited to the Hon. Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, in response to my latest article and call for a structured debate on the issues. According to the report, she no longer wants to join issues with me. In the circumstance of the moment, I therefore withhold parts two and three of my promised three-part response.

2. Let me also state for the avoidance of doubt that I stand by every statement I made in the two articles viz: (1) “Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond the Elections”; and (2) “Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and the Missing Trillions”. In particular, I insist that over N30 trillion has either been stolen or unaccounted for, or grossly mismanaged over the last few years. This figure does not include the estimated $40.9 billion (N8.6 trillion at parallel market exchange rate or nearly two years’ Federal Government budget) which the African Union’s (AU) recent report claims to be “stolen” from Nigeria each year.

3. I wish to thank Nigerians all over the world who have been contributing to this timely debate. This is election time and it is expected that some vested interests will either choose to live in denial or attempt to politicise the issues. But from the debate so far, I am convinced that our economic management won’t be the same again. Once our managers know that the citizens will rigorously and vigorously challenge them to account, the welfare of the citizens will be better for it. Whoever wins has his job cut out for him, and to the extent that this debate has challenged the respective teams
to seriously re-examine their blueprints to guarantee the security and prosperity of every Nigerian, my objective is accomplished. I love my country Nigeria, and as I said before, I won’t keep quiet again.

Once more, Nigeria must survive and prosper beyond Buhari or Jonathan!

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176257-soludo-strikes-again-identifies-another-n8-6-trillion-missing-under-okonjo-iweala.html

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
waiting
Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
Soludo the Solution!!

Continue firing and exposing their corrupt government. Nigerians are solidly behind you.

291 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Trailblazer1(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
Mr soludo the next minister of finance.

The guy is fighting really hard to secure NOI's job but unfortunately all his allegations cannot be substantiated, Tinubu won't even trust him to handle such a sensitive position and most unfortunately Buhari isn't even qualified to contest an election.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
NOI has a case to answer.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Vicotex(m): 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
Apc e-rats like berem dey dance sekem ontop soludo parboiled lies.

The soludo himself has no proof of the missing 8tn.

Apc propaganda on the verge.

Soludo no let me unleash FFK on you o

Gejtill 2019

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Raiders: 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
Oya make una start to confess. Breeze don blow fowl yanch.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by FreeGlobe(f): 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2015
Very good of you to withhold the parts 2,3 for now
Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by BlackTechnology: 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
What is Soludo's problem.?

OK

Can someone ask Soludo how much got missing during OBJ's tenure since he knows so much without being in government means he knows so much when he was in government.?

Soludo tell us how much got missing during OBJ's era.? wink

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by macklef(m): 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
But if i can ask a stupid question. What do they do with all this money?

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by IGBOSON1: 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
Vicotex:

Gejtill 2019

^^^That's the AU that made the assertion, so take it up with them!

I like as Prof Soludo is making everyone focus on the issues that matter for a change! I've never hidden my admiration for the guy!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by TechRev: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
I don't understand. How much is Nigeria's budget? Is soludo saying FG is under budgeting or what?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by bokohalal(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
Vicotex:

Gejtill 2019

"Either been stolen, unaccounted for or mismanaged".

All of the above, for me

11 Likes

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Collynzo419: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
GEJ is corruption personified. Nigerians have to stop this man before the country becomes totally bankrupt and insolvent.

Soludo is raising key questions here and also exposing FG corruption at an industrial scale.

Instead of NOI to respond accordingly, she is shying away from the issues. The PDP is putting the middle finger up and telling Soludo - na your papa money?

FEBUHARI on our mind...

Ngozi where is our money?

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Maczeelly(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
*sobbing

Our money

*sobbing

10 Likes

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
haha this is what we call SOLUDONOMICS

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Barselonia(m): 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
we Don suffer for this country oooooo

see How all our stolen Dey show face.....

GOD PUNISH ANYBODY WAY WAN SPOIL NIGERIA

#change

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by dandydrey(m): 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by acidtalk: 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Whether Jonathan likes it or not, HE MUST LEAVE ASO ROCK come May 29th.

If it will take force to get him out then Asiri and Tompolo should get ready as even my 2 year old son is ready to carry a gun for this course.

JONATHAN MUST GO. DEAD OR ALIVE WE ARE KICKING HIM OUT.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by dharay99: 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Now its trillion u ppl are fabbinq, not billion again...ehn.?

0k, nice movement... sad

34 Likes

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by clubone0502: 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
The issue I have with the present dispensation. .is I'm not feeling any of there "transformation"..I tell u ..none...

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Zonacom(m): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Very good of you to withhold the parts 2,3 for now
Mr controversial
Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by efguy1(m): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
My future ambition is to be the minister of finance though m studying computer eng. U guys beta befriend me now b4 its 2 late

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by atlwireles: 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
So we now at N30T plus N8.6T Making N38.6T?. Ok, let me know when it hits N50T

25 Likes

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by OLAplusONE(m): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
Prof Prof.... Tualey for u unto all this Madam antics wey u dey expose at this critical time..
Thank God this is coming frm sm1 frm d same region as NOI if not folks wud av termed it a northern or southern agenda. But if truely this allegations are baseless as NOI usually concludes, pls let ur lawyer file a suit agains prof and meet in court on monday. My opinion!!!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
make them continue... Who go buy space
Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by MZdamola(f): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
Yawns#

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Realgana(m): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
Oga Charles just de hustle for position.
Hit LIKE If you think I am right.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by steve6: 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
macklef:
But if i can ask a stupid question. What do they do with all this money?
Nna meeeeeen ......!!!
Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by masciv: 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
Vicotex:

Gejtill 2019

When shalt thou have sense??

Have you even investigated to know whether it's true or not but you're already calling people names

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by KenJak(m): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
yeah
Re: Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala by Boss13: 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Soludo what is wrong with you? I have been waiting eagerly for part 2 and 3 of your essay. You have to complete the series. Nigerians deserve to know. However, it seems you have pocketed NOI as she no longer intend to join issues with you for the fear of you unleashing sensitive, personal and career damaging details to the entire world. The woman has been performing voodoo economics on us.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Are Worried About Movement Of Almajiris Into Our Region - SouthEast Governors / Babagana Wakil Is Dead! Governor Zulum's Chief Of Staff Dies / Peter Obi Celebres Olusegun Obasanjo On His 86th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.