Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! (36266 Views)

Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? / Please Avoid Winners Chapel And Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Woged2005(f): 12:49am On Feb 05, 2015
6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30yrs From Marrying. Please Avoid Them!

This is a Sista -to-Sista Talk. If you like take the advice or leave it, it won't change a thing. I listened, I found wink

1. Acting Immaturely: When you are above 30, you are not in the the same category with ladies below 27 anymore. Except you have things to show for your age such as solid career, fat bank account, strong investments, impressive academic accomplishment, etc the odds are stacked against you in competing with a younger lady. Men who will look for you are mostly men seeking for the above qualities and perhaps also some maturity. Therefore if you have none of the above and still behave like a teenager, you are going to stay in your papa's house for a longer time. Please be different and bring some maturity into your relationships to gain some advantage. Reduce your playing 'hard-to-get' games. If you see what you want, got for it, and nail it koi-koi! Shekina!

2. The Feminist Scare: African men are trying in their intellectual accomplishments, but honestly majority of them still don't accept feminism. At 30 +, a lady is most likely to have formed her core believes and ideologies. Unfortunately, most African men still can't draw any difference between an argumentative lady, a highly-opinionated lady and a feminist. They lump them all up together as feminists and hate them equally. Therefore, sista you will do yourself a favor to be less argumentative, be flexible in your opinions and reduce unnecessary negative energy that scare men away. African men are still scared of feminists. One day they will get there, but for now sheath your sword!

3. Talking About Your Ex: Everyone knows that at 30+ plus you probably have had a couple of failed relationships. Please can you stop bringing them up in your current relationships? Stop talking about how one Ex loved you, cherished you, spoiled you with gifts, how the relationship was a bliss, etc. The bottom line is the Ex didn't marry you; he didn't find you good enough. He left you and married another lady. So stop praising him. It's foolish to hear some ladies say "he tells me he regretted not marrying me; wishes he can get a 2nd chance" .. undecided. Pleeaaasssee! that's an old trick for men who dumped you to get into your pants again as a side chick. Get real! he's someone's husband now.

4. Unnecessary Shakara: This one is a relationship blunder No.1 for ladies above 30. DON'T give a man any reason to believe he's only one of your options. What are you thinking? embarassed, What's the shakara for? You want to be married and you met a matured man who wants to marry without delay.You have tested him and he is good to go, then you begin shakara, like there's a long queue out there for you? Once you do that, then you give him reasons to check out other girls too. Relationships go south from there. Abeg, once he is inside your territory, lock the exit pam! grin.

5. "My Pastor Said..": Please leave your pastors and spiritual advisers out of your relationship. Pray to God for guidance. Nothing is as annoying as seeing a matured grown 30-something year old 'mama' going to ask her pastor to see if a man is her God-approved husband. Is your pastor God? How will he know? Pastors can counsel you and put you through marriages courses, educate you on how to be a better christian wife but not to choose a husband for you. Abeg! wise up.

6. Pay For Your Own Stuff And Be Content : At 30+ you should have your own things. Stop begging for money and gifts like you are still in school. That's for students. Stop fantasizing about celebrity cars, dresses, shoes, jewelries, houses, bling-bling like you are a teenager. It makes you look either too childish or like a cheap materialist. Serious men pay attention to all those clues. At 30+ you should have saved some money to buy things you want for yourself. But if for some reason you haven't, be modest and feel content with what you have.

I Pray May This Year Be Your Breakthrough Year On Marriage!

257 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 05, 2015
op are you one of them?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Woged2005(f): 1:51am On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
op are you one of them?

Who are 'them'? Read my sub-heading again and decipher something from there smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005:

Who are 'them'? Read my sub-heading again and decipher something from there smiley
I mean the above 30

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by 5minsmadness: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
I mean the above 30
Why you dey ask, you wan marry am?

38 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by 5minsmadness: 8:27am On Feb 05, 2015
It's foolish to hear some ladies say "he tells me he regretted not marrying me; wishes he can get a 2nd chance" .. undecided. Pleeaaasssee! that's an old trick for men who dumped you to get into your pants again as a side chick.
Gbam!

29 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2015
5minsmadness:

Why you dey ask, you wan marry am?
see bad belle from afar ooo, na bad if I marry her

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by jnrbayano(m): 8:51am On Feb 05, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 05, 2015
Good points but Jonathan till thy kingdom come.

11 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 05, 2015
Experience they say is the best teacher.

2 Likes 1 Share

Has MARRIAGE ISSUES gone this sour...?
As a working class man, MARRIAGE is still the LEAST THING on my mind now..
Because am not mentally stabilized to HIJACK another person's problem and possibly make her feel that she has LOST her freedom..

This is because many ladies want to get married and still have immeasurable FREEDOM..like clubbing with their female friends.. Etc..

I like freedom, dats Y I detest people holding unto ones's freedom..
For now am doing well without any LADY and hope to find a young, intelligent, Nigerian lady ...who will always remain compatible with me..
Remember u don't change a winning team..
For me every lady deserves right to marry or not...

33 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by ellechrystal(f): 8:52am On Feb 05, 2015
Hmm, oo u think those r d only reasons Wait till u hear of spirit spouse saga,
Bewitchment etc.

10 Likes

This is a Big fat lie o.

A Nigerian Woman above 30 is real and already knows what she wants, she no dey for eenie meenie mainie mo.

18 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by dinachi(m): 8:53am On Feb 05, 2015
Most Important reason: LESBIANISM!

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by elantraceey(f): 8:53am On Feb 05, 2015
7: I'm not your mate attitude.

21 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by ugosonics: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2015
no mata d age jst pray for d rught partner

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2015
Na lie jare.

If there's any here, let her contact me through "imole2007@gmail.com"

Please be fast o as we'll be going to market by saturday.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2015
eya... Them fit become rev. Sisters

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by 5minsmadness: 8:54am On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
see bad belle from afar ooo, na bad if I marry her
No vex.
No be my intention to put sand for ya garri.
She don marry anyway.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 05, 2015
Am waiting for the man list.... grin

And no one on that list would be.......The bride-price was too high!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 05, 2015
Still looking for my Johnny.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Sierraloaded: 8:55am On Feb 05, 2015
Ok
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by plumule(m): 8:55am On Feb 05, 2015
NO 7. Even when u get d money or other thing always steep low to lick his di*k

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Woged2005(f): 8:56am On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
I mean the above 30

My dear, I was there and thanks to God, got off it because I listened. There's nothing wrong in a lady being above 30 and still single if she has things to show for her age such as solid career, fat bank account, strong investments, impressive academic accomplishment, etc meaning she was working on other goals in her life, which delayed her goal of settling down. But now she wants to settle down, this post is for her. One should not fail in every front of one's life.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by PerfumeRepublik: 8:56am On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:
Still looking for my Johnny.

You'll find him soon

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005:

My dear, I was there and thanks to God, got off it because I listened. There's nothing wrong in a lady being above 30 and still single if she has things to show for her age such as solid career, fat bank account, strong investments, impressive academic accomplishment, etc meaning she was working on other goals in her life, which delayed her goal of settling down. But now she wants to settle down, this post is for her. One should not fail in every front of one's life.
#thumbs up

8 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by fuckyouhard: 8:58am On Feb 05, 2015
savin their poosie for a rich nigga

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by folabayo1(f): 8:58am On Feb 05, 2015
Maybe u r ryt. But it is still not adviceable for ladies above 30 to be too desperate and too loose cos some of dis points u list here will simply makes some ladies cheap and desperate

10 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by jingh(f): 8:58am On Feb 05, 2015
finding the most perfect man.
there is no perfect human.
find one and nurture him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by pekeyim: 8:59am On Feb 05, 2015
Well e no easy

I wish them all #Goodluck

It not an easy road for Ladies sha..

But God dey!!!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by AmaechiLinus(m): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2015
Gud one! All d points r true but No. 5 is d truest n d one dat has kept d singles stl unmarried "my pastor said". Hmmm...May God help us.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Would You Do In This Situation? / 19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.