Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? (3380 Views)

Where To Buy The Best Laptop In Nigeria / Best Laptop One Can Get With 20k / How Do You Configure A New Laptop You Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 05, 2015
I need a little help from the gurus in this place abeg. Just like the title says; which in your opinion, is the best laptop you can get at not more than N90,000? Tell me your reasons for this, and if you can be so kind, please give it's specs in your reply. Thank you.
Re: Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by technophile(m): 11:31am On Feb 06, 2015
it depends on what you want to do with it:-
GAMING PURPOSE

if you are into gaming, then I would recommend laptops with AMD processor and GPU ( A10 series or better) or an Intel processor [ core i3 series or better] with external GPU.
Examples include:-
Hp Pavilion Touchsmart 15- N225NR
reason why you should go for laptops like this:-

1. it's a quad core processor and can speed up to 3.1ghz.

2. it's graphics card (8610G) offers 384 shader cores more shader cores than Intel GPU. The shader cores helps in 3d rendering, which makes the graphics card good for gaming and other intensive graphics app like AutoCAD, Photoshop etc.( also note that more shader cores does not necessarily mean high performance in graphics card, the speed of the gpu, the speed of the vram [memory bandwidth] and the speed of the shader cores etc determines it, I'm just giving you the best ones you can get within that price range.)

3.More VRam:- I don't know how AMD did it, but this GPU can share up to 1 gig memory with the system, intel GPU too can share more than 1 gig vram, but most games like pes 2015 will only see 64mb, therefore you can only play the game at low settings, you can't go medium or high, but with AMD gpu, u can. That is why I always recommend Intel cpu with ext graphic card like Hp 15 R003NE, it has Nvidia GeForce 820m gpu and it falls within that price range too.

FOR BUSINESS PURPOSE

if you need it for business purpose, maybe just to run Microsoft office suit, surf the internet, video streaming, mild gaming and movies I would recommend laptops like

Hp Touchsmart 15-D053cl
reasons
1. it's touch screen laptop. ( exactly what Windows 8 is meant for)
2. it doesn't consume battery that much.
3. it rarely get hot.
and many more, also it falls within that price range.

FOR FASHION PURPOSE
if you need it for fashion purpose, you know something like portable, beautiful, detachable, long battery life up to 8 to 10 hrs, HD webcam like 8megapixel, touch screen[ most girls like something like this]
I would recommend something like:-
Hp Envy X2 11-G030EA

it falls within that price range too.

do your research very well and lemme know the one you want buy.

1 Like

Re: Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 07, 2015
technophile. Thanks a lot for replying. I did check out both Hp Pavilion Touchsmart 15- N225NR and Hp Touchsmart 15-D053cl. They are very fine laptops and I was indeed impressed, it's just sad that they're both out of my price range. You said that 15-DO53cl was within my price range but man, it's $650 on eBay. That's over 120 grand. Where is it listed as not more than 90 grand ?
Re: Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by technophile(m): 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
SirChotas U can try searching those laptops on Nigerian websites or olx Nigeria

one of them is this website

buylaptopsinnigeria.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=136&search=Hp+Pavilion+Touchsmart+15-+N225NR+

1 Like

Re: Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by 4ross: 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
Requirements
1. A Laptop or desktop computer
2. An internet modem (any type)
3. An MTN Sim with an Active Bis Plan on it.
How to proceed the Setup on Your Computer
1. First Subscribe for Any of the Mtn Bis plan, just as highlighted below.

To subscribe for MTN blackberry complete daily plan, Text "bbcday" to "21600" or Dial *216*1*1#. Daily plan costs #100

To subscribe for MTN blackberry complete
weekly plan, Text "bbcweek" to "21600" or Dial *216*1*2#. Weekly plan costs #500.

To subscribe for MTN blackberry complete monthly plan, Text "BBC" to "21600" or Dial *216*1*1#. Monthly plan costs #1,000

2. Then From your computer, download the latest version of tunnelguru program via here.

3. Also Download and install Java runtime on your computer, if you are using tunnelguru on it for the first time. Javaruntime would enable the program to run properly.

4. If you don't have an account with tunnelguru, then sign up an account with them via here.

5. Once you have downloaded the tunnelguru program, launch it and simply input the below setup.

Server: Select Demo (If you are a free user)
Rport: 80
Lport: 0
User name: Input your registered tunnelguru user name
Password: Input your registered tunnelguru password
Protocol: TCP
Header: host.web.blackberry.com
Tick on Use Proxy, and make sure that you input 10.199.212.2:8080.

to buy a voucher or premium account call 080164244303 or whatsapp only +2348141508603 or bbm: 332AB463

Re: Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by damiosy(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2015
SirChotas:
I need a little help from the gurus in this place abeg. Just like the title says; which in your opinion, is the best laptop you can get at not more than N90,000? Tell me your reasons for this, and if you can be so kind, please give it's specs in your reply. Thank you.

Still interested in purchasing a laptop?

Simply list your specifications on my thread and I will advice you on the best deal for your budget www.nairaland.com/1908915/dream-laptops
Re: Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by jidowu84: 11:51am On Aug 16, 2015
technophile:
it depends on what you want to do with it:-
GAMING PURPOSE

if you are into gaming, then I would recommend laptops with AMD processor and GPU ( A10 series or better) or an Intel processor [ core i3 series or better] with external GPU.
Examples include:-
Hp Pavilion Touchsmart 15- N225NR
reason why you should go for laptops like this:-

1. it's a quad core processor and can speed up to 3.1ghz.

2. it's graphics card (8610G) offers 384 shader cores more shader cores than Intel GPU. The shader cores helps in 3d rendering, which makes the graphics card good for gaming and other intensive graphics app like AutoCAD, Photoshop etc.( also note that more shader cores does not necessarily mean high performance in graphics card, the speed of the gpu, the speed of the vram [memory bandwidth] and the speed of the shader cores etc determines it, I'm just giving you the best ones you can get within that price range.)

3.More VRam:- I don't know how AMD did it, but this GPU can share up to 1 gig memory with the system, intel GPU too can share more than 1 gig vram, but most games like pes 2015 will only see 64mb, therefore you can only play the game at low settings, you can't go medium or high, but with AMD gpu, u can. That is why I always recommend Intel cpu with ext graphic card like Hp 15 R003NE, it has Nvidia GeForce 820m gpu and it falls within that price range too.

FOR BUSINESS PURPOSE

if you need it for business purpose, maybe just to run Microsoft office suit, surf the internet, video streaming, mild gaming and movies I would recommend laptops like

Hp Touchsmart 15-D053cl
reasons
1. it's touch screen laptop. ( exactly what Windows 8 is meant for)
2. it doesn't consume battery that much.
3. it rarely get hot.
and many more, also it falls within that price range.

FOR FASHION PURPOSE
if you need it for fashion purpose, you know something like portable, beautiful, detachable, long battery life up to 8 to 10 hrs, HD webcam like 8megapixel, touch screen[ most girls like something like this]
I would recommend something like:-
Hp Envy X2 11-G030EA

it falls within that price range too.

do your research very well and lemme know the one you want buy.
What of someone into online trading that requires download of software and other technical stuffs?
Re: Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by Astutechris(m): 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
SirChotas:

I think this post here >> http://www.naijaetech.com/top-10-laptops-that-will-make-your-work-easier-as-a-students-in-nigeria/ will be of great help to you as regards to that.
Re: Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by docchuks(m): 10:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
Re: Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand? by Emeka71(m): 8:53am On Jun 14, 2016
4ross:

Requirements
1. A Laptop or desktop computer
2. An internet modem (any type)
3. An MTN Sim with an Active Bis Plan on it.
How to proceed the Setup on Your Computer
1. First Subscribe for Any of the Mtn Bis plan, just as highlighted below.

To subscribe for MTN blackberry complete daily plan, Text "bbcday" to "21600" or Dial *216*1*1#. Daily plan costs #100

To subscribe for MTN blackberry complete
weekly plan, Text "bbcweek" to "21600" or Dial *216*1*2#. Weekly plan costs #500.

To subscribe for MTN blackberry complete monthly plan, Text "BBC" to "21600" or Dial *216*1*1#. Monthly plan costs #1,000

2. Then From your computer, download the latest version of tunnelguru program via here.

3. Also Download and install Java runtime on your computer, if you are using tunnelguru on it for the first time. Javaruntime would enable the program to run properly.

4. If you don't have an account with tunnelguru, then sign up an account with them via here.

5. Once you have downloaded the tunnelguru program, launch it and simply input the below setup.

Server: Select Demo (If you are a free user)
Rport: 80
Lport: 0
User name: Input your registered tunnelguru user name
Password: Input your registered tunnelguru password
Protocol: TCP
Header: host.web.blackberry.com
Tick on Use Proxy, and make sure that you input 10.199.212.2:8080.

to buy a voucher or premium account call 080164244303 or whatsapp only +2348141508603 or bbm: 332AB463

Which kind is more suitable for multimedia purpose and D.J stuff ?

(1) (Reply)

Apple Ibook G4 Laptop*great Condition*mac Os Leopard*warri*benin- #70,000 Naira / Free Download Sites / Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.