Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,747 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (26162 Views)

Kids Carrying Placards To Protest In Edo Against Election Outcome ( Pictures) / "Don't Make Election Rigger A Minister"-abuja Protest Against Mobanikoro(picture / Election Postponement And The Position Of The Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by siraj1402(m): 11:08am On Feb 05, 2015
Happening Now: Protest against election postponement In Abuja

Update

Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement
Concerned Nigerians began a peaceful protest march in Abuja today calling on the chair of the Independent National Election Commission INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega not to bow to pressures mounted on him by President Goodluck Jonathan and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to postpone the upcoming general elections slated for February 2015.

Concerned Nigerians began a peaceful protest march in Abuja today calling on the chair of the Independent National Election Commission INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega not to bow to pressures mounted on him by President Goodluck Jonathan and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to postpone the upcoming general elections slated for February 2015. The protest which started at the popular Unity Fountain across Transcorp Hilton Hotel at the Federal capital Territory has moved towards the Aso Rock Presidential Villa gate where protesters said that they are going to tell members of the National Council of State which is billed to hold a meeting in respect of the postponement of election not to dare shift the date of the elections as Nigerians are fully ready for elections.
One of the protest leaders, Olatunde Daniels told reporters that the group will resist any attempt by the government to postpone the elections, saying that Nigerians are ready for election, and that no amount of propaganda will make Nigeria allow the ruling party truncate Nigeria’s democracy.

Several of the protesters carried placards with inscriptions that read: “No to election postponement”, “Nigerians are ready for elections”, “On Feb.14th we stand” ,”Democracy must survive, GEJ, you claimed you have improved power sector and built 200 roads, why are you afraid of election.”

As at the time of publishing this report the protesters have gathered in sizable numbers in front of Eagle Square where well armed anti-riot mobile policemen blocked them from going further. The protesters began chanting anti-government songs.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/05/nigerians-abuja-protest-against-election-postponement

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by siraj1402(m): 11:09am On Feb 05, 2015
[size=30pt] #ElectionMustHold. [/size] The fear of GMB and APC not to take over the power,is the beginning of sponsoring for postponement of election for GEJ and PDP grin

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by kestolove95(m): 11:11am On Feb 05, 2015
Gej/pdp taking wrong step evridae

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 05, 2015
#SayNoToElectionPostponement!!

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 05, 2015
Jonathan election must hold!!!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by psucc(m): 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
Much as a breaking bottle, the protest is good for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Horlawoomey(m): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nice counter attack

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by fresh15: 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
GEJ is ever ready for the Feb.14th election.The protest is negative and a waste of time.Even if it should be shifted,it may be because of those that have not collected their PVC.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
am 4 GEJ but not 4 election postponement.....if he tries it am afraid I have to defect to APC

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by gen2briz(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
If jona give them better jobs, there would be no time for them to do nonsense and unacceptable rally.
I kukuma don decide.
iHaveDecide
GMB till Ngozi okonjo stop deceiving Nigerians with head gear.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
Money has been shared.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by raymond284(m): 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
Postpone or No postpone...

BUHARI all the WAY

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Abdgafarplenty(m): 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
kai, Fellow naigerians, it' as kumm tho ouwa nothice DAT dis scrupulous party PheDeePhe is tryna retarn to phower bai all means phosible

Naigerians av choosen me as deir bal, so Mega please don't u Eva bow down to this ophressus, they're scared they'll loose nd we d change would triumph!

FeBUHARI porteen, Nigerians would decide whether they wan this mediocre continuity or Our imminent Chanje

Say BABA,

SAI BUHARI

LIVE GMB IN FEBUHARI

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
If election could be held in Afganista, Syria and Irag, then jonaTAN shouldn't have anything to fear!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
angry
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by victorazy(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
That's why my bar is full of broken bottles!
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by ayusco85(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
where is it happening so i can go and join asap.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by readone99(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
Whether they like it or not Mr. Clueless is going back to Otuoke. Click like if you believe that it is gonna happen.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by UnknownT: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
INEC may postpone the election by one week like it did in the last election. I remember that the first election didn't hold as planned

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by PerfumeRepublik: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
#OneManOneVote

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by apidum(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
those for GEJ pls likes those for GMB pls shares let's see who is gonna win

8 Likes 67 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Burger01(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
We say NO to Postponement!!! angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by stano2(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
I don't think people should go bitter about postponing the election until the reason for it is said..as for me INEC didn't start preparing on time,up till now many people haven't gotten their PVC...dis nation gat so many issues other nations won't be able to survive

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by ask4bk(m): 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
I just want this thing done and dusted as soon as possible. Life is dying here in Kano.
We want normal life back.

Just do your elections, win oh or lose oh, e no concern me coz I won't eat from ur riches.

Just give me what concerns me. NORMAL and PEACEFUL LIFE

I just spoke the mind of millions I believe

18 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by mrofficial(m): 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
Good. Say no to elections postponement.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by aljazira: 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
GEJ must GO..............GMB must COME. Is it a must to govern us? Democracy is all about numbers and love,we have said with loud voice and still saying......we want change. Pdp and GEJ bye bye,in four years time and if APC don't perform,we bring in another party........................Change Nigeria......Welcome APC.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by ask4bk(m): 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
:jjj
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by adioolayi(m): 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
GEJ out...GMB in!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by rozayx5(m): 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
all i see is ISIS members

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by MrMcJay(m): 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
Okay.

I have always said that the last time Tinubu and Aregbesola campaigned against someone, he had to shove two cobs of maize into his mouth.

Now that Soyinka compared GEJ to Nebuchadnezzar and Tinubu is working aginst the same GEJ, whether it is an handful of grass, a stack of grass, a field of grass, or he would relocate to the forest for easy supply of grasses, Jonathan must chop grass.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youths Set Ablaze PDP Chieftain's House In Jos / Saraki Tells Buhari: 'Declaration Of Assets Can't Stop Corruption' / Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.