Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,964 members, 7,803,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? (3475 Views)

My Husband Beats Me For Not Bearing Male Child, Wife Tells Court / Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
We all know little girls love to play with dolls e.g barbie dolls while their male counterparts involve in strenuous activities like playing football or playful wrestling. Many proponents of gender equality have argued that men should also take part in the kitchen and also family activities basically known to be feminine. They simply want to lift the barrier between what's for men and what's for women. I believe trying to achieve this will pave way for irregularities and absurd ways cos the movement will have to start by impacting the idea on kids, ideas like encourage a boy child to play with a doll regularly when he has spiderman and transformer toys available. My question is: can you allow your male child to take barbie dolls as his play thing?
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by HURUCHI(m): 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
No
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by bukatyne(f): 2:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
eighTHREAD:
We all know little girls love to play with dolls e.g barbie dolls while their male counterparts involve in strenuous activities like playing football or playful wrestling. Many proponents of gender equality have argued that men should also take part in the kitchen and also family activities basically known to be feminine. They simply want to lift the barrier between what's for men and what's for women. I believe trying to achieve this will pave way for irregularities and absurd ways cos the movement will have to start by impacting the idea on kids, ideas like encourage a boy child to play with a doll regularly when he has spiderman and transformer toys available. My question is: can you allow your male child to take barbie dolls as his play thing?

Little children play with anything they are given

I had only a giant doll my brother and I played with; two cars (0ne for each of us); lots of blocks for building and lots of books too.

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by crackhaus: 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
eighTHREAD:
My question is: can you allow your male child to take barbie dolls as his play thing?
Abso-fvcking-lutely NOT!

On the flip side though, it won't even get to that stage - considering how my son gon' have my blood, the blood of my father and that of his father before him flowing in his veins, I am very sure he will have no interest whatsoever in playing with barbie dolls.
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by bennyrazz: 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
smh..that is how they turn to gays. Bring up a child in a way he should grow, when he grows, he would not depart from it.
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by lilmax(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
Are you serious?
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by coogar: 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2015
eighTHREAD:

toy guns & fireworks are not illegal in the market. those are the things my boy would be playing with. plenty of books, lego & computer games would also be provided for him.
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by cococandy(f): 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
Just take your child to the toy store and let him or her choose what they like.
Even children have a choice at least in such matters.
Why must it be your decision to make?

Contrary to popular beliefs not all girls like Barbie dolls nor do all boys like toy guns.
Let your kids express themselves how they like.
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
I don't want my kids to play with everything and anything so definitely I will not allow them to choose what they want.

I will try to keep them away from Barbies for as long as possible because I don't want them to grow up thinking that it is normal and desirable for a woman to look anorexic.

Moreover, many toys are junk and and contain toxins.

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by cococandy(f): 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
carefreewannabe:
I don't want my kids to play with everything and anything so definitely I will not allow them to choose what they want.

I will try to keep them away from Barbies for as long as possible because I don't want them to grow up thinking that it is normal and desirable for a woman to look anorexic.

Moreover, many toys are junk and and contain toxins.

Lol I meant within reasonable toy ranges appropriate for their age. grin

Just like I don't like toy guns. They teach violence.
I don't think toy guns are appropriate for kids.
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
cococandy:

Lol I meant within reasonable toy ranges appropriate for their age. grin

Just like I don't like toy guns. They teach violence.
I don't think toy guns are appropriate for kids.

Oh, I haven't seen your comment, just the OP.

I don't like toy guns either. wink
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by cococandy(f): 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2015
^^^^ cool

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by undercat: 8:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
I don't suppose that I will buy a doll for him. If he wants to play with his sister's doll, that's his cup of tea. I used to dismember dolls a lot when I was little, which also counts as playing with dolls.
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
crackhaus:

Abso-fvcking-lutely NOT!

On the flip side though, it won't even get to that stage - considering how my son gon' have my blood, the blood of my father and that of his father before him flowing in his veins, I am very sure he will have no interest whatsoever in playing with barbie dolls.

I hope your son does not go to nursery in obodo oyibo o
because . . . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
undercat:
I used to dismember dolls a lot when I was little, which also counts as playing with dolls.

Same here. I dismembered a lot of dolls too.
And I think this do count as playing with all well.
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by Amya(f): 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
I think I'll go for whatever he shows preference for. If it's dolls. . . while, I'll stock him with barbies
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by bennyrazz: 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
coogar:

toy guns & fireworks are not illegal in the market those are the things my boy would be playing with. plenty of books, lego & computer games would also be provided for him.
that is what i am talking about grin

1 Share

Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
undercat:
I don't suppose that I will buy a doll for him. If he wants to play with his sister's doll, that's his cup of tea. I used to dismember dolls a lot when I was little, which also counts as playing with dolls.
you dismembered it cos you were a little boy who didn't understand how to treat it. Am talking about bathing the doll, plating its hair, making up for it and backing it just like how african mothers back their baby. Or isn't that how little girls play with dolls? Would you allow your son do such as a way of whiling away?
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by undercat: 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
Aprime:

Same here. I dismembered a lot of dolls too.
And I think this do count as playing with all well.

It does count, tho it seems this type of play is not a cause for concern.
Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by undercat: 12:03am On Feb 06, 2015
eighTHREAD:
you dismembered it cos you were a little boy who didn't understand how to treat it. Am talking about bathing the doll, plating its hair, making up for it and backing it just like how african mothers back their baby. Or isn't that how little girls play with dolls? Would you allow your son do such as a way of whiling away?

It will be weird to watch, but I will allow it. I don't think it means he is effeminate, or that he'll become effeminate as a result. I ended up learning how to plait doll hair, and I even tried my hand at plaiting my sisters, but today I'd rather catch malaria than sit in a female salon with anybody. I think if a kid is effeminate, then the problem is not which toy he chooses to play with.

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? by crackhaus: 6:17am On Feb 06, 2015
chaircover:

I hope your son does not go to nursery in obodo oyibo o
because . . . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

Myself and his teacher will be having a conversation, that much is certain grin

(1) (Reply)

How Often Should A Couple Have Sex / A Christian Husband Like Christ / USA: Mother Gives Birth To 17 Babies At Once With Over 29 Hours Of Pushing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.