Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons (58243 Views)

Revealed: Seized 47 Suvs, 100 Motorcycles Bought For Jonathan’s Campaign / No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria / Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by ChinemeOkpan: 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, declared on Thursday that no one should vote for the continuation of President Goodluck Jonathan’s government, saying that there has been a total failure in leadership.

He said he has sixty reasons not to vote for the Jonathan regime.

“I will not vote and I will not encourage ‎anyone to vote for the continuation of this government, simply because your colleagues numbering over two hundred were kidnapped, ” Soyinka told students at the 2015 edition of Vision of the Child (VOTC), a yearly programme inaugurated in 2012.

He said the Chibok girls kidnapped on 14 April of last year were sent on a mission to acquire an education, but ended up being kidnapped.

“And the government of this nation failed to show leadership.‎ So anyone who says after that event that I will vote or cast my vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime must be living in Sambisa forest,” Soyinka said, referring to a forest in Borno State where the Chibok girls are believed to be held by Boko Haram.

“There has been a failure of leadership. Our children whom you represent today have been betrayed‎,” Soyinka said, adding that no appropriate action was taken to retrieve them.

Soyinka said it took the Jonathan government ten days to even accept that the Chibok girls were even missing.

“After that dereliction of duty, after that failure of leadership, after that betrayal for our future, for anyone to think or to put words in my mouth suggesting that I will vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime is a travesty of intelligence, ” Soyinka said.

Soyinka laughed off those who had claimed on the social media that he ‎was dead, telling journalists at the event that they should not misquote him. If they do, he added, he will rise from the dead to correct them.

The 2015 edition of Vision of the Child has for theme “The Road to Sambisa”.

This year, a total of 250 student participants from 60 primary and secondary schools within Lagos attended the interview. The age bracket for the participants was 9 to 12 years.

Their entries were assessed by a panel of eminent judges comprising teachers, artists, child carers and social workers.

The finalists will be invited on the 7 March to the National Conversation Foundation Park. Lekki, and provided with brush, paint and easel, and will be required to illustrate their literary presentation in the complementary medium painting.

This year, 60 finalists were drawn from 35 schools within Lagos State, said Foluke George‎, Festival Secretary and Programme Manager for the Vision of the Child.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/05/wole-soyinka-no-one-should-vote-jonathan-he-has-shown-total-failure-leadership

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/05/dont-vote-for-jonathan-soyinka-lists-reasons/

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Mubarack44(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
The fear of prison is the beginning of wisdom

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Djicemob: 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
Sharia reporters looking for consolatory propaganda grin grin grin

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by RotrEmmanuel: 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
That's his own opinion. He is a Poet, and will never become a president of any nation.
The only legacy he has is FOUNDER of cultism and his fictitious books. cheesy

Cheap propaganda!!! grin

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by ChinemeOkpan: 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
Wole Soyinka has spoken

That clears the air on all the false statements previously attributed to him

Sai Buhari

9 more days

444 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by denko(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
He's a sychiphant and Hausa Slave.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
hmmm.....soyinka swapping like a phone with a dual sim since d days of his white hair

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Flets: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
Too late Sahara reporters.

We already know where Soyinka stands.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by orobs93(m): 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
Soyinka are you our Father? Gej till you win another award ...common charity organisation you no donate

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by crownprince102: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
Na wao.....
Soyinka... Which one you dey self

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by ChinemeOkpan: 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
9 more days and change comes to Nigeria

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by ayukdaboss(m): 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
That's his own opinion. He is a Poet, and will never become a president of any nation.

Cheap propaganda!!! grin
It is no coincidence that most of the controversial news (believed to be propaganda) by Sahara Reporters always turns out to be true. You can check the records. The reason why you dolts hate them is because they dish out the incompetence of this government you support to it's face hot...No form of as.s-licking whatsoever.

What is even more shameful is the fact that on previous occassions where Soyinka threw shots at GMB, it was never propaganda to you all. Now Soyinka is pointing out the incompetence of this useless government you support, he's suddenly a mere Poet and a member of APC National Committee...It's really unfortunate.

316 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by feelamong(m): 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Now Soyinka has finally spoken!!

let the PDP now get the heart Attack!!!

Sai Buhari!!

167 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by ayukdaboss(m): 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
Flets:

Soyinka doesn't stand anywhere...the fact that he attacked Buhari didn't necessarily mean he endorsed Jonathan. This Jonathan's government is too useless to be endorsed/ignored by any sensible Nigerian.

167 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by RotrEmmanuel: 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
ayukdaboss:

Hypocrite
what's this Fly saying

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
CB has spoken, and it is a Bond!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by MAYOWAAK: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
Debate is optional! No be by FORCE!
Election is Mandatory! It is NOT optional.
‪#‎ElectionMUSThold‬
Why is PDP insisting on debate and running away from ELECTION?
Say NO to incompetence!
4 years is enough to conduct a credible election!
PDP should get ready for elections and stop dancing Azonto during "complain" rallies!

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Tallesty1(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
So we should vote for the master of the kidnappers bah?

Ike gi dara ada.

14 Likes

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
Flets:

Mumu, where do you think he stands?? For your info, we were together yesterday because of our upcoming event in Lagos tomorrow, he spoke badly about this government, and admonished Nigerians to vote out jonathan and rescue Nigeria from sliding into the abyss!

Dey there small pikin!

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Kx: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
All the lies that WS supports GEJ is over.

Finally Wole Soyinka has come out in public to say[size=15pt] "Anyone who says after that event of Chibok girls abduction,that I will vote or cast my vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime must be living in Sambisa forest,”[/size]

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
With SOYINKA stand...
PDP e-rat will say:
Soyinka is sponsoring boko haram.
Soyinka is an APC chieftain.
Soyinka wants a ministerial appointment.
Soyinka wants an Oil bloc

64 Likes

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
So [s]we should vote for the master of the kidnappers bah?

Ike gi dara ada.[/s]

Face front kid!!

28 Likes

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahah

Buhari is the man of all people!!!!!!!

Sai Baba

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by denko(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
WE CANNOT REWARD BUHARI AFTER USING BOKOHARAM TO KILL INNOCENT CIVILIAN

13 Likes

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by nzeadachie: 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
SHARIA REPORTERS WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE NE

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Tallesty1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Face front kid!!
Stop quoting me old woman.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by mymadam(m): 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
CB has spoken, and it is a Bond!

Ahoy to you...! God bless Nigeria.
Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by Trailblazer1(m): 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
An excerpt from Seun's post on Buhari's Military Government.

See the climax of the change buhari brought in 1983

The austerity measures made it difficult for local industries to procure essential imported raw materials, leading many of them to close or to operate at greatly reduced capacity. Many workers were laid off, and government itself retrenched many workers to increase its "cost effectiveness." All of these actions were accompanied by high inflation. The price of basic food items rose, and life became increasingly difficult, even for the affluent.

If life was difficult for the afluent, imagine the living condition the masses.

We don't want buhari's change

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by babane442(m): 4:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
This is what each n every sane Nigerian is advocating. Jona is goner no doubt about it.

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons by obailala(m): 4:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
HAHAHA... This is getting more interesting!

[size=13pt]"Anyone who says after that event of Chibok girls abduction,that I will vote or cast my vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime must be living in Sambisa forest,” - Chaiii!! grin

“After that dereliction of duty, after that failure of leadership, after that betrayal for our future, for anyone to think or to put words in my mouth suggesting that I will vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime is a travesty of intelligence, ”
Soyinka said.[/size]

A travesty of intelligence indeed!... It baffles me how any compos-mentis homosapien who follows the trends of governance in Nigeria would actually reward Jonathan with continuity for a further 4 years.

45 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Charly Boy Joins Endsars Memorial Protest At Lekki Toll Gate / What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.