Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,500 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. (27260 Views)

New Construction Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms / 8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Awkunanaw Enugu / Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
petikal:

Nice pictures, although for an open air space, I'm not sure having a wood floor is a good idea, considering external conditions, especially rainfalls.

For every issue there is a solution.

You're most likely looking at treated wood like those used on decks or vinyl.

1 Like

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 11, 2015
To expand a bit.

The process to building house is first to meet with an Architect. You will then tell the Architect your idea and needs. You know how you want to cantilever 300 feet over a cliff grin

The Architect will then sketch something and meet with Structural Engineer and tell him about the nut job client that wants to hang over a cliff. They'll have a good laugh grin and then the Structural Engineer will meet with other Engineers for stuff like soil and environmental analysis.

Then Architect will come back to you that to hang 300 feet into the cliff, you need 1000 feet of concrete structure to hold it back. He will then refer you to a good local Realtor who will then approach your neighbors to sell you their land.

An extreme example but I just wanted to clarify and encourage folks not to limit themselves. If you have an idea in mind then your professional Architect coupled with the other Artisans can make it happen.

Wood floors can be used in all sorts of environments. We have wood now being used in showers/bathrooms, wood is being used on beach boardwalks, heck old ships were made out of wood.

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 7:09am On Feb 11, 2015
CityNG:
To expand a bit.

The process to building house is first to meet with an Architect. You will then tell the Architect your idea and needs. You know how you want to cantilever 300 feet over a cliff grin

The Architect will then sketch something and meet with Structural Engineer and tell him about the nut job client that wants to hang over a cliff. They'll have a good laugh grin and then the Structural Engineer will meet with other Engineers for stuff like soil and environmental analysis.

Then Architect will come back to you that to hang 300 feet into the cliff, you need 1000 feet of concrete structure to hold it back. He will then refer you to a good local Realtor who will then approach your neighbors to sell you their land.

An extreme example but I just wanted to clarify and encourage folks not to limit themselves. If you have an idea in mind then your professional Architect coupled with the other Artisans can make it happen.

Wood floors can be used in all sorts of environments. We have wood now being used in showers/bathrooms, wood is being used on beach boardwalks, heck old ships were made out of wood.

To cantilever 300 feet over a cliff grin The example got me laughing, this challenge will give a structural engineer many sleepless nights.

1 Like

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by mufutau55(m): 3:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
spyder880:

To cantilever 300 feet over a cliff grin The example got me laughing, this challenge will give a structural engineer many sleepless nights.

Here you go Spyder... Oyinbos are daring... I will not even smell this houses, much more of living in them.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
mufutau55:

Here you go Spyder... Oyinbos are daring... I will not even smell this houses, much more of living in them.

Hajji M.

These oyibos! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by Moana(f): 6:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
CityNG, mufutau55 and fastshipping its a good thing that you guys are sharing good ideas but could you please maybe create a seperate thread for that?
Please, thank you.
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by enrilove12: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
Moana:
CityNG, mufutau55 and fastshipping its a good thing that you guys are sharing good ideas but could you please maybe a create a seperate thread for that?
Please, thank you.

SECONDED
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by mufutau55(m): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
Moana:
CityNG, mufutau55 and fastshipping its a good thing that you guys are sharing good ideas but could you please maybe a create a seperate thread for that?
Please, thank you.

Yes agreed too..

@CityNG, can you please create this new thread and let us know.. you are good at that. Before we get moderated. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

there you go again, on the cantilever building.
lol
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by mufutau55(m): 9:31pm On Feb 11, 2015
segzy14:

there you go again, on the cantilever building.
lol

As you know.. "Phobia" is a real disease. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by louken(m): 10:31am On Feb 12, 2015
Well done Oga Spyder. Please what is the size of this plot of land you are building on? I just bought a plot of 480sq mtrs and currently making negotiations to buy a smaller piece of land adjacent to my own to increase the size of my land. I wish to know the size of land that will be adequate to build a two storey building consisting of 6 flats of 3-bedrooms each
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
louken:
Well done Oga Spyder. Please what is the size of this plot of land you are building on? I just bought a plot of 480sq mtrs and currently making negotiations to buy a smaller piece of land adjacent to my own to increase the size of my land. I wish to know the size of land that will be adequate to build a two storey building consisting of 6 flats of 3-bedrooms each

Its clearly over 1000 sqm. Large enough to build another two houses.

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by louken(m): 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
spyder880:

Its clearly over 1000 sqm. Large enough to build another two houses.

Wow! What are the external dimensions of the building: length and width
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 6:41am On Feb 15, 2015
Block work for the final floor before the roofing. .....

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 6:45am On Feb 15, 2015
The chaining beam for the roof.........

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 5:56am On Feb 18, 2015
The roofing and scaffolding. .......

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 5:58am On Feb 18, 2015
The back. ...

1 Like

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 6:01am On Feb 18, 2015
Front......

1 Like

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 6:06am On Feb 18, 2015
Burglary proof, locally made iron doors production and installation.

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 6:09am On Feb 18, 2015
Purchase and offloading of floor tiles. ........

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 6:14am On Feb 18, 2015
Today we start with the floor tiles, while we bring in and install all the aluminium window panels.
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
Floor tiles ongoing. ......

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
The windows are here..........

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2015
Work goes on.
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by louken(m): 7:43pm On Feb 19, 2015
Coming out nice
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by Empiree: 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
I dont think i followed this thread from the beginning. This house looks nice man

1 Like

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 19, 2015
Nice Job..... cool
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
We are mounting two gates in this compound today, cost of each gate is N70,000

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
One gate is at the front, while the second is at the side of the compound. ........

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
This is how the house looks as at today, we are mounting all the windows today........

Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by spyder880(m): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
Prospective tenants coming here everyday for rental interest. We are advised to rent each flat for N250,000/year.
Re: Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. by Edus92: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
Approximately what is the total cost of the house excluding land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Of Your Salary Should Be Used To Pay Your Rent? / Smart Investors Bought The Old Gra Ikeja,vi,lekki,ikoyi In The Early 70's 80's* / Damache Doors ! Lovely Security And Room Doors For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.