Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! (3657 Views)

Uzoma Miracle Chinonso: UNIPORT Best Graduating Student With A C.G.P.A Of 4.82 / How I Landed A World Scholarship With A 3.8 C.G.P.A / Are You A Graduate? Let's Know How You Made That G.P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by 42n8dzydoo(m): 8:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
Who says a 5.00 CGPA isn't possible? I was arguing with a block mate at the legendary Awolowo hall, Obafemi Awolowo University. I claimed the best student that ever graduated was Ajetunmobi Temitope with a cumulative g.p of 4.96. He was calm as I ranted. When I landed, he asked me to check for Anthony Olusegun Adegbulugbe. On checking online,lo and behold, Segun Adegbulugbe, now a professor, graduated with a C.G.P.A of 5.00 in Electrical and electronics engineering at the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University in the year 1976.

Below is an excerpt from what I saw online:
Prof. A. O. Adegbulugbe, 52, is a Professor of Energy Systems Planning and Management. Between July 2005 and May 2007 he was the Special Adviser on Energy Matters to the President of Nigeria During the same period he was a member of the cabinet level Economic management team of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Prof. Adegbulugbe received the Bachelor of Science degree (First Class) in Electronics/Electrical Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria in 1976 and a Doctor of Science degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Cambridge, USA in 1981. He was a recipient of many academic distinction and awards such as: 1.University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Faculty of Technology, Award for Best Student. Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 on a scale of 5.0 – an all time record at the Obafemi Awolowo University, 1976.

4 Likes

Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by ammyluv2002(f): 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
I doubt

1 Like

Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by DickDastardly(m): 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
Prof Dicky Dastard Lee
Try to check this name too cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by 42n8dzydoo(m): 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I doubt
Stop doubting, check for facts ma'am. Wikipedia cant be lying, I guess!
Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by jejemanito: 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
It was possible then because the lecturers who taught in those days were fully comitted and they had passion for it

70% of lecturers today are only there because of unemployment thus why they tend to be sadists

As of now It can only be possible in a private university like covenant

The so-called prof only achieved it

1 Like

Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by 42n8dzydoo(m): 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
DickDastardly:
Prof Dicky Dastard Lee
Try to check this name too cool
Seems you are not as popular as you thought undecided
Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by Spicylate(f): 8:31pm On Feb 05, 2015
yea it is very possible but very rare.
Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by CrazyScientist: 8:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
I possible but rare, dad did it at Yale. cool

1 Like

Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by minister2015: 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
I just cross- checked it. the man must be out of this world, what a genius!

1 Like

Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by lilmax(m): 11:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Wow
Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by liveyourlife: 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
Very soon, some e-diots will shout 'Ogboni".

As for me and my fam, Wee strongly Believe that 'there' is no course you Cannot get a First Class in.

Requirements:

1: God
2: Books
3: Determination
4: Orijin

5: http://

---- Thank me later for my advise!
Re: 5.0 C.G.P.A Is Possible! by Uricas(m): 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
42n8dzydoo:
Prof. Adegbulugbe received the Bachelor of Science degree (First Class) in Electronics/Electrical Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria in 1976 and a Doctor of Science degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Cambridge, USA in 1981. He was a recipient of many academic distinction and awards such as: 1.University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Faculty of Technology, Award for Best Student. Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 on a scale of 5.0 – an all time record at the Obafemi Awolowo University, 1976.
but don't you think GPA is quite different from CGPA?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

History's Oddest Executions, From Boiling To Being Pulled Apart By Horses (Pics) / Psychology Requirements In Unijos / 2012 RCCG Annual SCHOLARSHIP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.