Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Makinwa Quits Lazio - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Makinwa Quits Lazio (619 Views)

Chelsea Doctor Quits After Mourinho Dispute! / Where Can I Watch Inter Vs Lazio, Online? / Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Makinwa Quits Lazio by earTHMama: 3:13am On Dec 31, 2008
Makinwa’s agent confirms Lazio quit notice
From Sport desk
Monday, December 29, 2008

Lazio striker, Stephen Ayodele Makinwa is ready to pack his bags and leave the Biancocelesti in the January transfer window, according to his agent.

•Makinwa

The 25-year-old Nigerian international – who has already played for nine different Italian clubs – wants regular first team football.

“We hope that he moves away from Lazio,” said Silvano Martina. “By now, it’s clear that there is no more space for him and I don’t believe he’ll find it in the future.”

Lazio have the fourth best attack in Serie A composed of Mauro Zarate, Goran Pandev and Tommaso Rocchi.

“He is disappointed with the club and wants to change his surroundings in January,” explained Martina. “I will do everything to satisfy his desire.”

Several clubs are reportedly interested in the former Palermo starlet, most notably West Ham United and Chievo.

“With regard to West Ham, there is no deal and never was any deal, while some negotiations are in effect with Chievo.

"The Gialloblu were after him last year, but they did not end up doing anything. This time I hope the opposite will happen."

Makinwa has not started for Lazio this season and has made just four appearances off the bench.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/29/502.html

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea's Manager, Scolari Has Been Sacked! Who's Taking Over Now: / Scolari Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Football Stadiums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.