Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 AM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce (25505 Views)

Emmanuella, Chimamanda Adichie Nominated For New African Women Awards. / Ketchup Turns Up For Grammy In Agbada [PICS] / Jidenna Rocks Nigerian Attire For Grammy Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 06, 2015
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, critically acclaimed Nigerian novelist and award-winning author of Americanah ​ has been nominated for a Grammy award for her feminist-inspired collaboration with American entertainer Beyonce, on her 2013 track "Flawless."

Following her TEDx talk on why “We Should All Be Feminists,” Beyonce incorporated the writer’s essay into her single, which further brought more life to her craft.

Adichie, whose work has been translated into thirty languages, has also appeared in various publications, including The New Yorker, Granta, The O. Henry Prize Stories, the Financial Times, and Zoetrope.

Adichie​ has also received several awards and distinctions, including the Orange Broadband Prize for Fiction in 2007 and a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship in 2008.

This nomination for “Album of the Year” with her fellow feminist is just yet another achievement for the writer.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/05/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-nominated-grammy-award-beyonce

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Afrok(m): 3:08am On Feb 06, 2015
Congratulations to her! Been nominated shows she's a winner whether she (they) win or not, hardwork pays. God bless my hustles and urs too and make my talent(s) pave way for me embarassed

Nigerians doing great things all over the world (positively and negatively) since the time of John the Baptist.
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria, God Bless U and I...

53 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by freshness2020: 4:01am On Feb 06, 2015
That's daughter of the soil!
..go put our name in the sands of time!

15 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Ebubeslym(m): 5:16am On Feb 06, 2015
More ink to her pen.
we ndigbo at home are proud of you.
shine on Adaigbo.

61 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by legallyblonde(f): 6:58am On Feb 06, 2015
Afrok:
Congratulations to her! Been nominated shows she's a winner whether she (they) win or not, hardwork pays. God bless my hustles and urs too and make my talent(s) pave way for me embarassed

Nigerians doing great things all over the world (positively and negatively) since the time of John the Baptist.
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria, God Bless U and I...
i tell u..Nigerians be sowing seeds all around the world,i can barely watch a match these days without seeing a naija name on one mixed guy's jersey!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 06, 2015
I'm waiting for anti-feminists & so-called religious men to invade this thread and devour her. cheesy

You are going places Madame - the sky is never your limit but a starting point.

Adichie came almost fully made - Late Achebe

I am proud to be from the East of Niger! smiley

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Missmossy(f): 8:27am On Feb 06, 2015
She deserves It, Chimamanda is one hell of a talented writer. From her 'Purple Hibiscus' to 'Half of a Yellow Sun' and now the novel of international prestige 'Americanah' grin

Chimamanda will go places, she is so good at what she does, ride on ma cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Afrok(m): 9:20am On Feb 06, 2015
legallyblonde:
i tell u..Nigerians be sowing seeds all around the world,i can barely watch a match these days without seeing a naija name on one mixed guy's jersey!
My dear U couldn't have said it any better, Nigeria is a blessed nation just that nah conditions make Cray fish bend for naija.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Sarimah(f): 10:26am On Feb 06, 2015
we're proud of you ma smiley

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2015
[size=13pt]I believe this lady will vote for buhari..
[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 06, 2015
Unibenstudent:
sarimah baby how far?
Woman wrapper, don't derail this beautiful thread - Check Nairaland Rule Number one.
This is not dating and meet-up section, or you can make use of PM button; only if she will reply you. undecided

10 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Elvisonjack2(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2015
wetin . . .dbanj wizkid no fit do

... . . .na person wey dey write book dey do am.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by OgologoDimkpa: 11:48am On Feb 06, 2015
Nwada Igbo doing us proud out there.

GEJ till 2019!!!

22 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by yuzjet(m): 11:48am On Feb 06, 2015
Her head is there!
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by extremelygolden: 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
Ride on dear. Keep on making us proud over there.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Chrisx1x(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
This is really Good news to Nigeria.thanks for representing us
meanwhile,#feBUHARI
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by hazyfm1: 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
CONGRATS

1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by 9jagirl4re(f): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
Thas my Girl well done!
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Trending(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
accomplishment
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Barselonia(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
omo wa na ni........

ouch..... well I know she be ibo But incase u don't know her fiance is from nasarawa state,NOW u are knowing ......

so Na buhari go claim her.. grin.... Because I hear some people saying GEJ till 2019 ...if I hear

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by PerfumeRepublik: 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
Nice one ....I hope she nets it
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by mencade4: 11:51am On Feb 06, 2015
she don join illuminati oooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by inalegwu99(m): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2015
sai Buhari...wateva will be will be

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by alphawg(m): 11:53am On Feb 06, 2015
congrats.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 06, 2015
Aunty Chima.

Congratulations oh, I hope you win.

#nkali
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by tonychristopher: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2015
Igbo again

Always visible in everything

Congrats

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce by Vicotex(m): 11:57am On Feb 06, 2015
igbo's always making headlines.

#GEJ till 2019

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Junior Pope And Wife Celebrate 3rd Wedding Anniversary With New Photos / Lepacious Bose: 'Fat Was My Jail, My Personal Hell' / Adekunle Gold Colorful In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.