Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

There Is God O - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is God O (1408 Views)

There Is God And He Answers Prayer / I Have A Very Big God O Who Is Always By My Side / When Nigerians Say "There Is God O" - What Does That Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is God O by harbibi: 6:02am On Feb 06, 2015
Two babies were in a mother’s womb. One asked the other: “Do you think there's life after delivery?”

The other answered, “Why, yes, of course. There has got to be something after delivery. Perhaps we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”

“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”

The second replied, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t comprehend right now.”

The first snorted, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”

The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”

The first replied, “That's silly. If there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”

“Well, I don’t know,” answered the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”

The first laughed “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s moronic. If Mother exists then where is She now?”

The second replied, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her our world would not and could not exist.”

Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”

To which the second responded, “Sometimes, when it's quiet and I focus and really listen, I can perceive Her presence, and I can hear Her loving voice singing over us from above.”

--- written in 2012 by Czech psychiatrist Jirina Prekop MD, who authored Erstgeborene and has co-authored Auf Schatzsuche bei unseren Kindern

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: There Is God O by undercat: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2015
How do the fetuses know what delivery is?

1 Like

Re: There Is God O by ABDULSALAMI(m): 7:39am On Feb 06, 2015
harbibi:
Two babies were in a mother’s womb. One asked the other: “Do you think there's life after delivery?”

The other answered, “Why, yes, of course. There has got to be something after delivery. Perhaps we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”

“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”

The second replied, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t comprehend right now.”

The first snorted, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”

The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”

The first replied, “That's silly. If there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”

“Well, I don’t know,” answered the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”

The first laughed “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s moronic. If Mother exists then where is She now?”

The second replied, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her our world would not and could not exist.”

Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”

To which the second responded, “Sometimes, when it's quiet and I focus and really listen, I can perceive Her presence, and I can hear Her loving voice singing over us from above.”

--- written in 2012 by Czech psychiatrist Jirina Prekop MD, who authored Erstgeborene and has co-authored Auf Schatzsuche bei unseren Kindern
You are highly invited to my Qur'anic graduation which will insha ALLAH take place on Sunday 08 of February 2015 by 10a.m._venue:maitumbi primary school,refreshment take place as follows:Sunday 08/feb/2015 immediately after the walimat. Venue: mallam umar's residence īก maitubmi.. MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU AS YOU COME!(AMIN) sign: ¶คв๔มlรคใค๓¶
Re: There Is God O by harbibi: 2:33pm On Feb 06, 2015
ABDULSALAMI:
You are highly invited to my Qur'anic graduation which will insha ALLAH take place on Sunday 08 of February 2015 by 10a.m._venue:maitumbi primary school,refreshment take place as follows:Sunday 08/feb/2015 immediately after the walimat. Venue: mallam umar's residence īก maitubmi.. MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU AS YOU COME!(AMIN) sign: ¶คв๔มlรคใค๓¶
. Fortunately for me I will be at church tomorrow thanking God through the name of Jesus for his everlasting love and you are invited to join us tomorrow and every other sunday. Venue is Living Faith Church Goshen Auta time is 6:30am first service, 8:30am second service and 10:30 am third service. God bless you as you come.

2 Likes

Re: There Is God O by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: There Is God O by Ifeann(f): 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
harbibi:

Thanks for sharing, very nice metaphor .
The atheist will say “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”

Logic doesn't tell the whole story.

1 Like

Re: There Is God O by davien(m): 11:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
Ifeann:

The atheist will say “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”

I don't know where most christian theists get this mentality from,whether it's the usual "pastor said so" or "faith in the mutually exclusive",but what is substantial is that atheists do not regard sight as the utmost source of verification...illusions are very possible though.
And your analogy is very ironic,because the "atheist baby" somehow knows he is hooked by an umbilical cord which is by definition a feature of mammalian females and yet wants proof of the mother....
It's like saying you know what a square is but you need to see if it has a fifth side....the definition already gives the details...
Re: There Is God O by adexsimply(m): 12:10am On Feb 07, 2015
Garbage
Re: There Is God O by harbibi: 7:39am On Feb 07, 2015
Ifeann:

My pleasure actually. Glad you caught the drift...
Re: There Is God O by johnydon22(m): 2:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
Their is no evidence that their is a god. not zeus, allah, yahweh or horus etc...
All we have is mythical ancient writings and impossible fables very peculiar to the culture that this god or gods are exclusive to.

Now some people might see it ok to Believe (conviction that something is true without empirical evidence) any of these ideas (gods) and fables by faith dismissing the others as we have seen in the cases of christians believing in.yahweh and not allah and muslims doing the reverse.
Though both religions just believe by faith their respective god ideas.

Now atheism entails not having a conviction that something implausible is true even though their is no evidence for it.

So believing something implausible as true does not and can never make it true..

We ask theists to provide evidence for their respective God even though we know that they have none.

You may choose to believe the jewish myth, or arabic myth or greek myth..that is good for you but we call it myth as it is and nothing more...
Re: There Is God O by onetrack(m): 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2015
harbibi:

And so does their mother burn them when they are born because they questioned her existence? That would be the appropriate analogy.

1 Like

Re: There Is God O by Dannidom(m): 11:24pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is so true

u jst nailed it @op

thank you for sharing

and for the doubting atheists.

Can u give me any explaination of how the atoms came into existence since u question all trying to know al?

1 Like

Re: There Is God O by harbibi: 6:06am On Feb 10, 2015
Dannidom:
This is so true

u jst nailed it @op

thank you for sharing

Can u give me any explaination of how the atoms came into existence since u question all trying to know al?
you are very welcome.
Re: There Is God O by torchwave: 8:21am On Feb 10, 2015
Dannidom:

Now you will hear all kinds of hypothetical explanations in support of the existence of life in their thousands of varieties from substance or energy which, though lacks substantial verification or evidence, has been widely accepted as an indisputable fact.

Moreover, it is the same scientific explanation for the existence of the sun, moon, millions of stars, oceans, hills, mountains, the Antarctic, grasses, trees, forests, land...etc etc. Any scientific jargon is more easily accepted than the logical explanation of every intelligent design having an intelligent designer behind it.

My point is...just let it go. It will turn this thread into another field of bloodless war to determine the supremacy of thought.
Re: There Is God O by torchwave: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2015
harbibi:

Op, nice analogy. Well said.
Re: There Is God O by johnydon22(m): 8:50am On Feb 10, 2015
torchwave:
Now you will hear all kinds of hypothetical explanations in support of the existence of life in their thousands of varieties from substance or energy which, though lacks substantial verification or evidence, has been widely accepted as an indisputable fact.

Moreover, it is the same scientific explanation for the existence of the sun, moon, millions of stars, oceans, hills, mountains, the Antarctic, grasses, trees, forests, land...etc etc. Any scientific jargon is more easily accepted than the logical explanation of every intelligent design having an intelligent designer behind it.

My point is...just let it go. It will turn this thread into another field of bloodless war to determine the supremacy of thought.
Do you know the difference between scientific explanation and religious explanation; When science says this is true, you dont need to believe just experiment on it and nobody needs convincing you.
But i bet you already know about the religious explanation, when they say is true, dont ask just believe it (believing is not knowing)

Just saying tho.

I for one do not claim to know how anything came to be and i know nobody knows YET.

for the the atom guy; Am sure you went to secondary school ..

©bolded..scientific explanations have never been termed undisputable, it has ever been open to peer review, scrutinization and more research.

If you see any scientific explanation you think wrong, the floor is always open. Do ur study, disprove it and scientifically tender the right one, am sure you will be given a nobel price after your explanation is proven true.

1 Like

Re: There Is God O by harbibi: 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2015
torchwave:
Op, nice analogy. Well said.
thank you very much.
Re: There Is God O by davien(m): 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nothing but a great big argument from ignorance....
atheist x doesn't know how object b came into being therefore my invisible pet dragon did it... undecided

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At St. Mary's Catholic Church, Dubai. / Booom! Christ Embassy Int'l Goes Into The Guinness Book Of Records / Shocking: Checkout This Church Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.