Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,198 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data (41430 Views)

5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most / What Are The First 5 Apps You Will Install When You Get A New Phone? / Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by Hadewahlay(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
5. Android native browser

Number 5 on the list is the browser that comes preinstalled on Android devices. While it doesn’t use as much data as some other brand-name browsers, it’s still a high data user.

4. YouTube

No surprise here, movie and video streaming apps such as YouTube eat up a lot of data.

3. Instagram

Social-media sites, especially those like Instagram that are image and video heavy also use a lot of data, especially if its users are not only browsing, but also uploading their own images and videos.

2. UC Browser

This is yet another browser on the list that consumes a lot of data.

1. Google Chrome

Out of all the browsers, and across all 10,000 apps we looked at, Google Chrome uses the most mobile data.

Some apps use a lot more data than others , and mobile-browser apps are high on that list, taking three out of the top five spots. Webpages can vary widely in size, with graphically rich sites eating up a lot of data for users. Roughly speaking, browsing about 10 pages a day will eat up 100 MB.

Are these apps what you expected the culprits that eat the most data to be? What other apps do you think are guilty of using a lot of mobile data?

If you haven’t already, , which is now driving data savings for users, saving them up to 50% on their data diet and helping to avoid future horror stories.

http://blogs.opera.com/news/2014/12/top-5-apps-eating-data/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by petra22(f): 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
my data never lasts more than a week cause of instagram. Instagram done finish all my money sad
*crying*

28 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by nellyhandsom(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2015
petra22:
my data never lasts more than a week cause of instagram. Instagram done finish all my money sad
*crying*

stop instagraming then! grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by parrotibaba(m): 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
That data sucking facebook app sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by petra22(f): 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
nellyhandsom:

I Kent, its too addictive embarassed

6 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by ammyluv2002(f): 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
petra22:
*crying*
Me too cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
nellyhandsom:

Hahahaha cry
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by etas1001(m): 1:29pm On Feb 06, 2015
parrotibaba:
That data sucking facebook app sad
Then use Facebooklite. Google it. its what I use. doesn't consume data

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by ziezy(m): 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
Uninstalling UC browser sharply...where's that opera abeg
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by ellahzy(f): 1:56pm On Feb 06, 2015
Instagram dey drink data like water.

7 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by Collinz2(m): 2:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
nellyhandsom:

instagraming grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by dasphinx1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
ellahzy:

if u are using an android device, download and install OperaMax and browse instagram as you wish.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by ellahzy(f): 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
dasphinx1:

if u are using an android device, download and install OperaMax and browse instagram as you wish.

Alright, Tanx
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by bettingbad(m): 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
Google Chrome is the worst when it's comes to chopping off data, but it actually has d best interface.
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by Collinz2(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
dasphinx1:

waste of time.
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by dharyour93(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
Thought Chrome does Data Compression
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by jnrbayano(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
petra22:

I Kent, its too addictive embarassed

Your academics is in jeopardy then.

14 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by seedorfg(m): 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
U see bouncer ? grin
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by iokiko: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
hyt
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by niteduff(m): 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
Most social apps drain data because of graphic and video display.
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by pekeyim: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
Opera m
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by femi4: 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
Remove uc browser from your list. That's one of the best mobile browser

34 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by adedayourt(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
petra22:
*crying*

Yet u no gree stop instagramming.

*Mayb cus he never chop am reach tongue
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by Rilwayne001: 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
Google Play Store

2 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by pickabeau1: 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
So do the needful and recommend a data friendly browser

I used to browse with Chrome but the last version as at Dec 14 was whack and i had to uninstall

i am using UCB and its ok
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by Hadewahlay(m): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
feels gud 2 mk fp again...follow d op nd he simply follows bck
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by Rilwayne001: 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
ziezy:
Uninstalling UC browser sharply...where's that opera abeg

Opera utility is limited, UC web is the best

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by adedayourt(m): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
ellahzy:

Ones instagram insert double straw into ur data, u in for it
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by biggerboyc(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
OK
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by ndnuray(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2015
I do use all apps mentioned above. Get a clone payg sim and surf till u tire...

Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by ziezy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Opera utility is limited, UC web is the best
Come again....or explain abeg
Re: The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data by nairaman66(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2015
No one wants to waste data, but we all buy data! What an irony!

The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data - Phones - Nairaland

Grammatical syntax error. There is nothing like eating data. I'd prefer using "zapping". Moderators please take note!

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do People Buy & Sell Old Social Media Accounts? / Drama Between An MTN Customer Care Agent & A Yoruba Man They Wiped His Balance / How To Recover Deleted Files On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.