Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria (25094 Views)

How To Identify Fake Naira Notes / Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! / The Reasons Why Most Online Businesses Fail In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by IME1: 10:18am On Feb 09, 2015
greedy and gullible people easily fall into scam but also desperate, ignorant and yeah honest people too! why? because they feel others are honest like they are; they think for it to be on the internet it is public so can be verified; they want easy and quick services cause they are in a hurry to get their purchase or impatient to follow due process.

Bottom line:
trust your guts
be sensitive to what your spirit is telling you (what we often call 'mind')
and most importantly trust in and pray to God Almighty, He will never leave you nor forsake you, try Him, try Him.

Meanwhile,
Happy new work week
may your days be blessed in Jesus name, amen.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Obadar(m): 10:19am On Feb 09, 2015
I sincerely aqree wiv d op..jus sad dat people wil still qo after seeinq threads lke dis n still trade with dis crazy scammerz..i dont even blame d scammerz aqain I blame dos selfish peepz dat want 2buy a product dat iz #1000 for #10 with out checkinq d source and authenticity of the seller..

God help us all..#am out
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Capitano1(m): 10:19am On Feb 09, 2015
That site is no site joor,90% of sellers there are crooks

SWEAT TOO MUCH call now or order now as offer last.
...to your staying dry
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:20am On Feb 09, 2015
Abuklaw:
GEJ IS A DISGRACE... SIMPLE

MARCH IN BUHARI AND MARCH OUT GEJ
THE FREEDOM "MARCH" -

They said he is not electable. Now that it's time to put their claim to test, they are running pillar to post trying to stop the only test that will prove them right or wrong.

They said Nigerians love Jonathan. Now that it's time for Nigerians to show how much they love him, the are afraid to subject him to public test.

They said Nigerians want continuity not change. Now that it's time for Nigerians to speak in favor of continuity or change, they wouldn't let Nigerians make their choices.

They said he's a military despot while they are democrats yet, he want elections and they hate elections.

They said their reason for the shift is to secure Nigeria from Boko Haram. How could they make Nigeria secure enough for elections in few weeks when they couldn't secure it in 5 years?

They said he is dishonest and they are honest yet, he always keep his words while they always break their respective promises.

We said they are clueless and they said they are prepared yet, it took them a week to elections to realize Nigeria is a security mess that need the concentration of the armed forces to be cleaned at the expense of a promising general election.

They said Nigeria is safe yet, "unsafe" Afghanistan, Iraq and Sudan conducted credible elections where a "safe" Nigeria failed. Be it February or March, a bad government will remain a bad government that must be sacked. No matter how long you delay the burial of a corpse, the dead never return.

KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE
#MARCH4BUHARI

What does this have to do with the topic now?!..... MODs come and do the needful abeg.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by fixa(m): 10:21am On Feb 09, 2015
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by geedeex2(m): 10:22am On Feb 09, 2015
As there are scammers on OLX so are there real sellers..I recently bought my fairly used piano through OLX just last week .Although I saw some unscrupulous entities waiting to scam buyers but they are easy to identify...YOU GET SCAMMED WHEN YOU'RE GREEDY. how can somebody advertise a piano of 150k for 25k and still says its negotiable .

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Abuklaw(m): 10:22am On Feb 09, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

What does this have to do with the topic now?!..... MODs come and do the needful abeg.

You can do that on from your end there.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Yungin: 10:23am On Feb 09, 2015
Why are some nigerians so fraudulent? Why?
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by AreaFada2: 10:25am On Feb 09, 2015
Funny enough those OLX crooks are not even smart.

Imagine advertising Toyota Sienna 2003 for 200k.

Beware of cheap mint cars in Badagary & Lagos Island West. Whether custom officer mentioned or not.

The other is pics of custom officers standing beside a truckload of bags of rice for 4500 per bag. shocked

At this rate, soon nobody will touch OLX with a bargepole.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by publicenemy(m): 10:25am On Feb 09, 2015
EMEKA1MILLION:
Who still uses olx.?

Pls which is better?
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Pearlvictory(m): 10:25am On Feb 09, 2015
O yes! Part paying becuz oga insists money must be part paid is anoda cheap trick they use. My friend is a victim. Watch ye therefore and pray!
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 09, 2015
iphone 6 ₦30,000 ... grin grin grin grin
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by kevoh(m): 10:34am On Feb 09, 2015
Anytime I mention payment on delivery they start cooking up stories like ''I should trust them'', ''They will refund me if goods are defective'' e.t.c DAMN, BRING THE GOODS TO MY DOORSTEP I'LL PAY THE EXTRA COST, they will still not agree.

A friend of mine got scammed about 20k after paying, it's over a month now no goods meanwhile the seller claimed 24hrs delivery through DHL after payment. At present, the seller has deleted my friend's number, will respond to other numbers except my friend's own . I will definitely create a thread to expose the b.itch! (Scammer) angry

3 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by mrofficial(m): 10:34am On Feb 09, 2015
Some will first ask for your location to know where they will tell you that they are, so there won't be any suggestion for physical contact.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by killzone(m): 10:37am On Feb 09, 2015
Olx is. Another form of alaba market
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by nopecin(m): 10:39am On Feb 09, 2015
Ogo so this things happen in 9ja too, here the buyer will tell u they wanna do tranfer as soon as the get ur account details u will receive sms saying so much amount as been credited into ur account and u will release there item to them, when u get to to withdrawn money go tell u make u no withdraw am......9ja all over the world with there scam life.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by lanregidi: 10:40am On Feb 09, 2015
As Long as we have people who are greedy and and love cheap things,,,,,scammers will persist.

Mind you there are different level of scams
(1) Cooperate scams
(2) Cheap scams "this is where most nairalanders and other online platform fall into"

Also there is minimal punishment for scammers hence their booming business.

On the coperate level, Those scammers who are caught and prosecuted by the law are just being greedy and don't want to coperate with the government agency(settlement).

The number one scammers in the whole wide world are the
;financial institution(Banks)....
;the police
;the financial crime police.

Been a victim and paid dearly for it....
Once beaten twice shy
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 10:45am On Feb 09, 2015
99% of those OLX thieves you're talking about are also here on Nairaland hiding under different user names. Beware of the internet in general.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 09, 2015
femcruz:
To add to it They are always in a far location e.g. Kaduna, seme border, maiduguri.
if you just see a seller from apapa or lagos mainland just ignore them...and moreover,the best way to deal with them is,tell them u pay on delivery and make sure that doesn't change no matter how persuasive they are...

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by lomprico(m): 10:56am On Feb 09, 2015
publicenemy:

Pls which is better?
Nairaland!
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Gooci(m): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2015
chaii, they almost got me when iwanted to buy s3, i even wanted to buy 2pieces then. The guy kept talking about commitment fee, that i av to pay blabla amount in the bank first. he so much persuaded me that i even told him that i wuld pay 3k upfront nd settles him wen he brings my goods. He refused, i jst used my last mental energy to rejected cuz he almost broke ma defence. I told him point blank that i will not do any part payment before delivery.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Jessewizy(m): 11:12am On Feb 09, 2015
Abuklaw:

THE FREEDOM "MARCH" -

They said he is not electable. Now that it's time to put their claim to test, they are running pillar to post trying to stop the only test that will prove them right or wrong.

They said Nigerians love Jonathan. Now that it's time for Nigerians to show how much they love him, the are afraid to subject him to public test.

They said Nigerians want continuity not change. Now that it's time for Nigerians to speak in favor of continuity or change, they wouldn't let Nigerians make their choices.

They said he's a military despot while they are democrats yet, he want elections and they hate elections.

They said their reason for the shift is to secure Nigeria from Boko Haram. How could they make Nigeria secure enough for elections in few weeks when they couldn't secure it in 5 years?

They said he is dishonest and they are honest yet, he always keep his words while they always break their respective promises.

We said they are clueless and they said they are prepared yet, it took them a week to elections to realize Nigeria is a security mess that need the concentration of the armed forces to be cleaned at the expense of a promising general election.

They said Nigeria is safe yet, "unsafe" Afghanistan, Iraq and Sudan conducted credible elections where a "safe" Nigeria failed. Be it February or March, a bad government will remain a bad government that must be sacked. No matter how long you delay the burial of a corpse, the dead never return.

KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE
#MARCH4BUHARI
Bozo, stop spilling bollocks
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Eddieactor: 11:13am On Feb 09, 2015
Abuklaw:

THE FREEDOM "MARCH" -

KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE
#MARCH4BUHARI
This man, u no go let mater rest, na d election money u dey use to feed ur family? All animals are equal, no saint among them.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Sleekydee(m): 11:13am On Feb 09, 2015
Once u hear Seme, Badagry, And Apapa.....95% SCAM!!! but d biggest scam alert still is....demanding some part payment for delivery...one of ma mumu cousin was scammed 35k....I laff tire DAT day..

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by madgoat(m): 11:16am On Feb 09, 2015
ALOT OF SCAMMERS ON NAIRALAND ALSO.

THINGS THIS SCAMMERS USUALLY ADVERTISE ARE: BAGS OF RICE, DANGOTE CEMENT, UNIVERSITY ADMISSION INTO SOME FOREIGN SCHOOL, WAEC/JAMB UPGRADE OF SCORES. . .

ONLY A PROPER MUGU FALLS FOR ALL THIS.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by LewisO: 11:25am On Feb 09, 2015
And some of them will be weeping bitterly after seeing this! grin
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by madgoat(m): 11:25am On Feb 09, 2015
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by Pearl321(f): 11:32am On Feb 09, 2015
I wish I saw this post earlier like 30th DEC 2014,I would have been salvaged. so my hubby sent me 30k to buy infinix zero. he traveled and wnt be and for Xmas. I was desperate to get an infinix zero. I searched online... konga, jumia. it was boring, registered couldn't access their site for days, I gave up. went to olx. saw d exact color I wanted-gold. called d numbers one Hyacinth picked that they were auctioning seized items at a give away price n infinix was 10k and they were at Onne port in PH. I was @mbaise. he said they make delivery nationwide n I she sent my address then send my initial deposits of 5k when they getvalert they would deliver the phone via dhl to owerri were I would go n pick it. I chatted wt my brother he said is scam but I shd still try. my mind said is scam too but I was like let me be sure. 31st I sent my bro to ist bank n he deposited d money. I called him he said they have gotten alert and I shd expect it in d next 3 hours. that was d last time he picked my call. called him wt my brothers line and he picked. I caused his generation. I have since simply walked into a shop n am typing now wt my infinix zero. but am done buying anything online. weda pay before, between or after delivery... no no thanks

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by geebehn(m): 11:36am On Feb 09, 2015
OP, YOU'RE RIGHT.
Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by geebehn(m): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2015
Pearl321:
I wish I saw this post earlier like 30th DEC 2014,I would have been salvaged. so my hubby sent me 30k to buy infinix zero. he traveled and wnt be and for Xmas. I was desperate to get an infinix zero. I searched online... konga, jumia. it was boring, registered couldn't access their site for days, I gave up. went to olx. saw d exact color I wanted-gold. called d numbers one Hyacinth picked that they were auctioning seized items at a give away price n infinix was 10k and they were at Onne port in PH. I was @mbaise. he said they make delivery nationwide n I she sent my address then send my initial deposits of 5k when they getvalert they would deliver the phone via dhl to owerri were I would go n pick it. I chatted wt my brother he said is scam but I shd still try. my mind said is scam too but I was like let me be sure. 31st I sent my bro to ist bank n he deposited d money. I called him he said they have gotten alert and I shd expect it in d next 3 hours. that was d last time he picked my call. called him wt my brothers line and he picked. I caused his generation. I have since simply walked into a shop n am typing now wt my infinix zero. but am done buying anything online. weda pay before, between or after delivery... no no thanks
I was also a victim on google trader ng, around july 2013.
But....... i don wise up now.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria by LUDALOOLO(m): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2015
kevoh:
Anytime I mention payment on delivery they start cooking up stories like ''I should trust them'', ''They will refund me if goods are defective'' e.t.c DAMN, BRING THE GOODS TO MY DOORSTEP I'LL PAY THE EXTRA COST, they will still not agree.

A friend of mine got scammed about 20k after paying, it's over a month now no goods meanwhile the seller claimed 24hrs delivery through DHL after payment. At present, the seller has deleted my friend's number, will respond to other numbers except my friend's own . I will definitely create a thread to expose the b.itch! (Scammer) angry

Please get the seller account details post it so we can spread it to others to beware

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leaked CBN Circular Bans Naira Overdrafts Secured By Foreign Currency Deposits / 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums / How Much Is One Bitcoin To A Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.