Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun (1846 Views)

updated:52 Amazing Facts You Will Love / Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. / What If The Sun Disappeared! (+PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Katier00(f): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sun is an amazing phenomenon of the universe. And this source of light and power has a lot of interesting features.
1. The Sun is just one of about 100 billion stars in our galaxy.
2. One million Earths could fit inside the Sun.
3.The Sun contains 99.86% of the mass in the Solar System.
The mass of the Sun is approximately 330,000 times greater than that of Earth. It is almost three quarters Hydrogen, whilst most of the remaining mass is Helium.
4.Light from the Sun takes eight minutes to reach Earth.
5.The Sun is about 4.5 billion years old. It will probably continue to exist in its present form for about another 5 billion years.
6.The Sun travels at 220 kilometres per second.
The Sun is 24,000-26,000 light years from the galactic centre and it takes the Sun 225-250 million years to complete an orbit of the centre of the Milky Way.
7.The temperature inside the Sun can reach 15 million degrees Celsius.
8.The Sun is an almost perfect sphere.
There is only a 10 kilometre difference in its polar diameter compared to its equatorial diameter. Considering the vast expanse of the Sun, this means it is the closest thing to a perfect sphere that has been observed in nature.
9. It has a diameter of 1,390,000 km.
10.The distance from the Sun to Earth changes throughout the year.
Because the Earth travels on an elliptical orbit around the Sun, the distance between the two bodies varies from 147 to 152 million kilometres. The distance between the Earth and the Sun is called an Astronomical Unit (AU).

2 Likes

Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by kodded(m): 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
Cool
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
U c why I told u dat he's a might God. Abeg baba God chop kiss.. kiss mwaarrrhhhhh. U b baba

3 Likes

Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Skykid1208(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
Nice one op, I just learn some new facts

1 Like

Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Katier00(f): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
U c why I told u dat he's a might God. Abeg baba God chop kiss.. kiss mwaarrrhhhhh. U b baba
abeg no spoil baba God grin
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Katier00(f): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2015
Skykid1208:
Nice one op, I just learn some new facts
Thanks. Guess we learn everyday
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Wuuworld(m): 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
Yea,it's true,I have been to the Sun before with my cousin....itz a place to be....very chilled place...though itz far,we traveled with car.
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by ValentineMary(m): 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
Number 4 is wrong. It takes light about 7 min to reach the earth from d sun.
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Katier00(f): 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
Wuuworld:
Yea,it's true,I have been to the Sun before with my cousin....itz a place to be....very chilled place...though itz far,we traveled with car.
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
Katier00:
abeg no spoil baba God grin
dat kiss na holi 1 oh, no b dat kind 1 wey u dey ...... wink

1 Like

Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Katier00(f): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
dat kiss na holi 1 oh, no b dat kind 1 wey u dey ...... wink
Holy kiss kwa. God is truely awesom. The wonder of is creation
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Fash20: 9:56am On Feb 07, 2015
Wuuworld:
car is slower I travelled on a tortoise.
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:24am On Feb 07, 2015
Katier00:
Holy kiss kwa. God is truely awesom. The wonder of is creation
no b small tin my dear, dat man 2much atelsu..
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Pr0ton: 10:43am On Feb 07, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

Can't you see that the fact above says the sun is 4.5billion years old Your Bible says it's 6,000 years(depending on whose view you take; some suggest between the range 4,000-5,000) and was created after the earth! angry
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by shrewdmuse: 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
Bullocks
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by modik(m): 7:49pm On May 05, 2018
Awesome
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by tunary(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
When God created the sun according to the Bible is it up to 4.5billion years old
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Abcruz(m): 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
Pr0ton:

Can't you see that the fact above says the sun is 4.5billion years old Your Bible says it's 6,000 years(depending on whose view you take; some suggest between the range 4,000-5,000) and was created after the earth! angry
Do you believe the report of man and forsake that of God?

As for me and my family!
#OurGodIsAwesome
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Pr0ton: 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2018
Abcruz:

Do you believe the report of man and forsake that of God?

As for me and my family!
#OurGodIsAwesome

If man says adding two things with another two things together will give you four things and God differs to say five, will you choose the outcome to be five? undecided
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by Abcruz(m): 10:59am On Nov 09, 2018
Pr0ton:

If man says adding two things with another two things together will give you four things and God differs to say five, will you choose the outcome to be five? undecided

YES!!!

Only time validates the statement of the Almighty God. Because they're too deep for the human mind to comprehend.

Take it to heart and show understanding o simple one. wink

For the waywardness of the inexperienced will kill them and the complacency of fools will destroy them!
Re: UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About The Sun by LordFriar: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2018
Pr0ton:

Bro, quit arguing with fanatics. They'll only frustrate ya.

(1) (Reply)

Is A Phd Possible With A Professional Masters? / Cowbell National Mathematics Competition Past Questions And Detailed Solutions / How To Study In The United States For Free (top 3 Pathways) Not Scholarships!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.